The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

On the plus side I tried the new Elemental Succession with Force Shock in the new dungeons and it seemed to work well.

How is that even possible ? On the paper this set is garbage .... with simple maths you can prove that julianos is far better.

It works well with 1 skill ( force pulse) and that’s not enough to make this set an interesting choice unless you play with only one skills.

Nvm even if you play with only force pulse this set is useless .... this set gives you 500 spell damage for each element with 50% uptime
    Julianos gives you 300 spell damage with 100% uptime.
    That's why I was asking him about his class. I don't really do very much PvE at all, but I wonder if there are some setups that might could make decent use of the set, especially if the uptime is improved a bit. But it seems like a lot of builds are going to have significant amounts of magic damage that can't utilize the 5 piece bonus at all.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    slofwnd wrote: »
    Due to changes to the underlying skills skill altering weapons need adjustments, including
    Master resto - performance is negatively affected by change to healing springs
    Master destro - performance is negatively affected by changes to destructive touch /reach
    vMA bow - performance is negatively affected by changes to volley and morphs

Not familiar with other sets, but I'm sure ppl can chip in.

VMA resto staff is tied to Mutagen, with a bonus that assumes the 100% uptime Mutagen will no longer have.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Changes to Scatter Shot ability on bow greatly (negatively) affect performance of already niche Blackrose Bow. Latest ability tweaking weapon from one of the hardest contents in the game (assuming veteran blackrose) in case its already been forgotten.
    Here is the list:
    • Reduction to damage of ability reduces damage given by the bow
    • Reduction to range of ability reduces maximum potential damage from long shot passive which reaches 12% at 23m (10% at 22m)
    • Most impactful: reduction to range of ability significantly minimizes window to gain maximum duration from the DoT. Based on my testing the DoT reaches maximum of 12s at 21m. That means the window to get 12s that used to be nearly 20m in common PVP situation and 7m in general (with ability range of 28m) is now reduced to 1m.

Side note: The impact of the DoT is also somewhat reduced in relation to other DoTs in game that got greatly buffed. But I guess 'dot from set' doesnt really fall under standards. And bow in general doesnt fall under 'important'
    Edited by SodanTok on July 11, 2019 1:18AM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please buff the old trial sets.
    Tooth of Lokkestiiz Set uses Major Slayer of 15 sec very easily.
    However, War Machine Set is Major Slayer of 10 sec.
    This is the very ridiculous balance.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overwhelming Surge and Veiled Heritance nerfed into the ground, no change to Pirate Skeleton...

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Bluestin
    Bluestin
    ✭✭
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but something definitely seems off about the decision to alter the Overwhelming Surge set; I guess that means the DLC based Auroran set is superior between them now (neither of them being anything more than decent in their current pre 5.1.0 iteration).

Edited by Bluestin on July 11, 2019 4:32AM
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veiled Heritance becomes pretty much useless given how immensely situational interrupting an enemy is outside of tanking, and while it might be a heavy set, it's not a tank set at all. If this change goes live the VH basically joins the throngs of dozens of other sets no one will ever use.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance we can have new damage sets that don't push more people to run dots and procs, and procs that are triggered by dots. Maybe push the game towards more of a skill based direction?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bluestin wrote: »
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but something definitely seems off about the decision to alter the Overwhelming Surge set; I guess that means the DLC based Auroran set is superior between them now (neither of them being anything more than decent in their current pre 5.1.0 iteration).

Auroran is a cone and Surge is single target (on live). Auroran has a 50% uptime and does 6 ticks of ~1200 damage each in 3 seconds. Surge does 6 ticks of damage in 6 seconds for ~1900 and uptime is less predictable but comes out to be about 50% also. By the typical game standards, Surge should do more damage because it's single target.

On PTS the uptime of Surge should be about the same provided you are on the offensive but the damage is nearly halved in order to get something like 150 effective magicka regen.

It's not precisely a nerf, it's just taking a set that was good at one thing and making it not good at either of two things.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grothdarr should be updated:
    1. its bugged red telegrap should be updated (just take it from Spear Shards) to show actual radius of AOE that currently wrong.
    grothdarr.png

2. It proc condition should be adjusted to mechanic of new comparable sets, like Zaan or Auroran Thunder:
    Like them Grothdarr proc only affect melee range however all attacks proc it, that means if you range light attack or use range skill - set will proc and will be wasted coz enemy not in melee range. That was addressed with newer sets that proc only when you deal damage in melee range (8m that exactly equal to AOE of grothdarr) and thus Grothdarr should get same treatment, so new tooltip will look like:
    "When you deal damage to a nearby enemy, you have a 10% chance create lava pools that swirl around you, dealing 1908 Flame Damage to all enemies within 8 meters of you every 1 second for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds."

Edited by Cinbri on July 11, 2019 6:07AM
  • red_bird
    red_bird
    ✭✭
    Overwhelming Surge
    OLD: When you activate a Class ability, you have a 15% chance to surround yourself in a torrent that deals 1892 Shock Damage to the closest enemy within 12 meters every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
    NEW: When you deal damage with a Class ability, you have a 33% chance to surround yourself with a torrent that deals 1040 Shock Damage to enemies within 12 meters of you every 1 second for 6 seconds. 15% of the damage you deal this way is restored to you as Magicka. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

Forgive me if I'm being clueless, but I thought this was actually a buff in some ways, because they removed the single closest enemy wording. I don't have PTS, but doesn't it now do damage to all enemies within 12 meters? And if so, it seems like like the regen bonus would be pretty good when you're dealing with adds. But obviously a lot less useful in single enemy situations than the current version. (I use this set on my magplar in PVE so am curious to know if I've understood correctly.)
    pve on ps4
  • ZOS_Liforce
    ZOS_Liforce
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings!

We've been scouring the forums for your feedback regarding item sets and wanted to address some of the most frequently raised concerns and questions.

Armor of the Veiled Heritance
    Previously, the proc condition was too easily triggered, allowing players to have 400 Weapon Damage at all times while in combat. This made the set ideal for both PvE and PvP content with no PvP counterplay. We wanted to keep the 400 Weapon Damage buff, but update the set to maintain its original design intent: a PvE bruiser set.

There was also a typo in the originally published PTS 1 patch notes regarding the 5-piece bonus for this set. The typo has since been corrected and now shows the correct 5-Piece values:
    When you interrupt an enemy, you gain 400 Weapon Damage for 15 seconds.
    This change is intended to reward players who interact with Interrupt mechanics in Overland content.

Z'en's Redress
    Currently, there is a known issue preventing this set’s 5-piece bonus from functioning. This will be fixed in a future PTS patch, and we’re looking forward to players trying the set out!

Azureblight Reaper
    This set is working as intended. Stacks of Blight Seeds apply from damage dealt from damage over time effects, but not from applying damage over time effects. So if you attack an enemy with Rending Slashes, you won't apply a stack of Blight Seeds until the first tick of the bleed damage. In addition, due to the slow buildup of Azureblight Reaper, we deliberately made the Blight Seeds un-purgeable. The intended counterplay for Azureblight Reaper is to purge damage over time effects, which prevents additional stacks of Blight Seeds from occurring and, due to their short duration, allows the debuff to harmlessly expire.

We've read a lot of fantastic discussions for Scalebreaker's new and updated item sets. We appreciate each and every one of you who tests each set on target dummies and shares their thoughts. Your feedback helps us tune each set to make for a better experience.

Happy hunting!
    Edited by ZOS_Liforce on July 11, 2019 5:15PM
    ESO Combat Designer and Skeleton Enthusiast
    Staff Post
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This chance is intended to reward players who interact with Interrupt mechanics in Overland content.

Why? Overland content is so easy that having or not having 400 weapon damage will make no noticeable difference. Is this set just for brand-new players?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buff VMA weapons to have more use in PvP and PvE. It is a solo trial, as the other weapons sets all have 4 people to get and 12 for AS.

VMA weapons need some love. They have been very underwhelming for far too long and even more so now....
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_bird wrote: »
    Overwhelming Surge
    OLD: When you activate a Class ability, you have a 15% chance to surround yourself in a torrent that deals 1892 Shock Damage to the closest enemy within 12 meters every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
    NEW: When you deal damage with a Class ability, you have a 33% chance to surround yourself with a torrent that deals 1040 Shock Damage to enemies within 12 meters of you every 1 second for 6 seconds. 15% of the damage you deal this way is restored to you as Magicka. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

Forgive me if I'm being clueless, but I thought this was actually a buff in some ways, because they removed the single closest enemy wording. I don't have PTS, but doesn't it now do damage to all enemies within 12 meters? And if so, it seems like like the regen bonus would be pretty good when you're dealing with adds. But obviously a lot less useful in single enemy situations than the current version. (I use this set on my magplar in PVE so am curious to know if I've understood correctly.)

It's technically a damage buff over the old set if you have more than 3 enemies in range now. But the damage is pretty low.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VH to reward players in overland content?

Okay. Let's make a deal: I keep crafting Hunding's and Acuity for newbies for free, and you keep a decent set in its current state that is useful for (and used by) many players in all kind of content.

Also, can't agree more with @Girl_Number8 , vMA weapons should remain prominent. Game has enough sets people can get by running with an experienced group (or just outright buying a carry). vMA is the only place where players can get their honestly, personally earned couple of thousands DPS to carry around with them at all times.
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    When do you ever need to interrupt in Overland content? VH is rubbish if this goes live.
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really happy with Azureblight. Its interactive, visually appeasing and rewards tight, dot focused rotations and good enemy stacking. I hope to see more sets like it that are viable instead of being forced to use 'free damage' sets like Relequin. Likewise with the new possibilities of moving away from bow.

Grateful for the timely notice on Zen as well, I look forward to being able to test it on my magdk.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7th can get triggered by DK's Volatile Armor, but it does not improve health regen. my Troll King set still does, but not 7th.

Wep damage is OK though.

And yes, have submitted /bug from in-game.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nCats wrote: »
    The Ravager does not seem to add its damage to abilities, it only appears in the stats.

but if ur wep dmg increase, ur slotted skill tooltip increased too right?

i have a set, i'll test this out tonight.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    This chance is intended to reward players who interact with Interrupt mechanics in Overland content.

Why? Overland content is so easy that having or not having 400 weapon damage will make no noticeable difference. Is this set just for brand-new players?

When I was brand new player and obviously dwell in Auridon that set felt like salvation to long fights with mobs. Given how many channels are there in overland this set will be really useful for newbies and also will teach them to interrupt, especially by ranged means like new hidden blades.
    For all veterans this is obviously useless set with this changes.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Apherius wrote: »

On the plus side I tried the new Elemental Succession with Force Shock in the new dungeons and it seemed to work well.

How is that even possible ? On the paper this set is garbage .... with simple maths you can prove that julianos is far better.

It works well with 1 skill ( force pulse) and that’s not enough to make this set an interesting choice unless you play with only one skills.

Nvm even if you play with only force pulse this set is useless .... this set gives you 500 spell damage for each element with 50% uptime
    Julianos gives you 300 spell damage with 100% uptime.
    That's why I was asking him about his class. I don't really do very much PvE at all, but I wonder if there are some setups that might could make decent use of the set, especially if the uptime is improved a bit. But it seems like a lot of builds are going to have significant amounts of magic damage that can't utilize the 5 piece bonus at all.

Even if 100% of your damage is of types that Elemental Succession buffs the set will be inferior to Julianos.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 12, 2019 11:34PM
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    Seventh Legion Brute is a very buggy set in PTS. I tested it across all class resistance skills. I am posting my results here.
    • BUG - Hurricane/Boundless Storm(Sorc) is proccing it with double/triple duration. Initial cast of Hurricane procs it with 10 sec duration. But as soon as the first 10 sec proc ends, it is automatically refreshed for another 10 secs without another cast of Hurricane. So we are getting 20 secs of proc with Hurricane compared to 10 secs like every other skill. This works even if the set is single-barred with weapons, as long as the same bar has Hurricane as well. From further checks, it seems that every tick of Hurricane attempt to proc it. Similarly Boundless Storm procs it for 30 sec with a single cast.
    • BUG - Restoring Focus(Templar) does not proc it at all.
    • BUG - NB Shadow Tree are all supposed to be armor proc skills. But only about half of them work. Surprise Attack, Aspect of Terror morphs, Path morphs and only the healing morph Dark Cloak works. Shadowy Disguise, Dark Shade both morphs does not proc it at all.
    • Spiked Armor(DK), Frost Cloak(Warden) and Bone Armor(Necro) work normally as expected.
    • BUG - The Healthy Recovery part of the proc is not working

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_Finn

@ZOS_Liforce
  • Ophion
    Ophion
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Liforce

So what you intend with the change for Veiled Heritance is that pve groups should not let the tank interupt so that a dd can keep Veiled heritance up using bash every 15 second. Sounds like a great change to make that set so much more usefull...
    PC/EU
    Ophion | Magicka Dragonknight EP
    Ophıon | Magicka Dragonknight DC
    Ophıøn | Magicka Dragonknight AD
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Liforce what about skill altering weapons that lost utility due to changes of underlying skills? Such as Master resto, Master Destro, Maelstrom bow and Maelstrom destro?
    Edited by SeaUnicorn on July 11, 2019 8:26PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about skill altering weapons that lost utility due to changes of underlying skills? Such as Master resto, Master Destro, Maelstrom bow and Maelstrom destro?
    DPS overall increased, volley hits like truck, blockade hits like truck, light attacks still 25% of magicka builds damage, in what PTS this weapons lost utility?
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Liforce happy hunting? Are you a fellow Monster Hunter fan?
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what about skill altering weapons that lost utility due to changes of underlying skills? Such as Master resto, Master Destro, Maelstrom bow and Maelstrom destro?
    DPS overall increased, volley hits like truck, blockade hits like truck, light attacks still 25% of magicka builds damage, in what PTS this weapons lost utility?

Maelstrom bow is behind Master now, at least for single target. So yes, wherever people care more about ST (and that's most cases outside of trash fights), few would bother slotting Maelstrom. Or on consoles where people can't swap gear fast.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maelstrom bow is behind Master now, at least for single target. So yes, wherever people care more about ST (and that's most cases outside of trash fights), few would bother slotting Maelstrom. Or on consoles where people can't swap gear fast.

Yes, but it doesn't change fact that VMA bow is still good second option. Imo it's much harder to get master's bow then VMA bow. I have ton of vma bows but only 1 master's, so it looks justified re-balance.
    And vma inferno staff is still most powerful PVE dps item in the game, dps skyrockets immediately.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, but it doesn't change fact that VMA bow is still good second option. Imo it's much harder to get master's bow then VMA bow. I have ton of vma bows but only 1 master's, so it looks justified re-balance.
    And vma inferno staff is still most powerful PVE dps item in the game, dps skyrockets immediately.

Well, about ease of farming... debatable. ^^ I had all Maelstrom sets several times over by the time my first bow have dropped. ^^ And I'm drowning in Master bows, I'm helping guildies and friends with farming them, and every single one I get, I give away. So Master one is more of a group effort than personal achievement.

Plus, I mentioned in another thread, on live both bows are balanced for ST, so where it matters most they were equal by and large.