The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

• Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monster Mask – Grundwulf
    1 – 833 Weapon Critical
    1 – 833 Spell Critical
    2 – Whenever you deal Critical damage, restore 1000 Magicka or Stamina, whichever maximum is higher. You also gain 500 of the other resource. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

The second bonus should also give 833 Weapon and Spell Crit. as well as the current second bonus.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, folks, for letting me free up a handful of bank slots now that I can decon my Veiled Heritance jewelry and daggers. I'm of course not sure what was so harmful about this set, don't think it was used all that much in PvP, but many PvE builds ran it as alternative to AY, Tzogvin's or the new Lokkestiiz. But since the purpose of this patch is apparently to annoy as many people as possible, I'd say it's a job well done.

Well said!!!
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Testing the ravager set suggests that it is not procced by major/minor debuffs if there is already a longer version of the debuff present on the target. While skills like caltrops can quickly stack ravager by repeatedly applying fracture, if someone places a long debuff on the target (eg piercing mark) then ravager won’t proc at all.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to changes to the underlying skills skill altering weapons need adjustments, including
    Master resto - performance is negatively affected by change to healing springs
    Master destro - performance is negatively affected by changes to destructive touch /reach
    vMA bow - performance is negatively affected by changes to volley and morphs

Not familiar with other sets, but I'm sure ppl can chip in.
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    The new martial knowledge is awful, come up with a better bonus.

seems powerful to me on paper, is it really that hard to go below 75% stam when your a mag character sprinting, rolling, blocking?

but maybe make it reliant on something a little less weird and more constant. Although that would inevitably reduce the damage bonus to around 6%
    Edited by The_Last_Titan on July 9, 2019 10:34PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stacks you build up from Azurblight on an enemy are unpurgable. Since Azurblight stacks is considered a negative effects on your enemy it should be purgable.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    The stacks you build up from Azurblight on an enemy are unpurgable. Since Azurblight stacks is considered a negative effects on your enemy it should be purgable.

These stacks were dropping off the target for me in duals. Even with multiple dots on target. Not every time, but several times at 4-5 stacks the debuff would tick down to 1 second then disappear despite dots on target. I'm not sure what causes it.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new martial knowledge is awful, come up with a better bonus.

seems powerful to me on paper, is it really that hard to go below 75% stam when your a mag character sprinting, rolling, blocking?

but maybe make it reliant on something a little less weird and more constant. Although that would inevitably reduce the damage bonus to around 6%

Its a magicka set and useless in PVE and previously it was fair in pve

Its bonus proc condition should be on magicka rather than stamina
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    Given the change to Destro Clench can we get a change to Master Destro Staff set piece? You have significantly reduced the cost of the skill so a 30% cost reduction from the set has little value. Maybe increase the 2k damage?

PS not a fan of the removal of the stun from Lightning Staff

With nerf to Blockade, can we get buff to vMA staff? 😅

Ability altering weapons are already strong, lets wait for more testing and PTS cycles.

That nerf is to the skill it does not affect the benefit of the VMA set. The nerf to clench affects the DSA set hence the comment in this thread.

You don't need to test to be able to assess maths.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side I tried the new Elemental Succession with Force Shock in the new dungeons and it seemed to work well.
    What class were you playing at the time? I was wondering if this set would be worth using, but it seems like some classes don't have enough elemental damage to justify its 50% (at most) uptime over something like Julianos. Especially since 2 out of the 3 new DOTs are magic damage.
  • Baharoth77
    Baharoth77
    ✭✭✭
    I for one am very upset on the changing of set bonuses entirely. I am a casual player so getting a set built up, enchanted, and upgraded to yellow is a feat. If you want to tone a set down I am fine with that. Changing the fundamentals of how the set works in its entirety with the work put into the set and the build is just wrong. I for one will be dropping my sub if this behavior continues. A total waste of my time.

Let me make this very clear. I will be dropping sub, and my family members if unhealthy practices such as totally changing set bonuses and ruining builds takes place. This is below you ZOS and I am beyond disappointed.
    Edited by Baharoth77 on July 10, 2019 4:20AM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given the change to Destro Clench can we get a change to Master Destro Staff set piece? You have significantly reduced the cost of the skill so a 30% cost reduction from the set has little value. Maybe increase the 2k damage?

Ability altering weapons are already strong, lets wait for more testing and PTS cycles.

That nerf is to the skill it does not affect the benefit of the VMA set. The nerf to clench affects the DSA set hence the comment in this thread.

Have you tested this in PTS?

This staff is performing Ok, also check patch notes. Shock clench not took nerf but get its balance part.

So whenever ZOS change ability effect or anything then they should blindly buff ability altering weapon because x,y,z love the way it was?

And as using lighting staff you get 8% aoe damage increase to shock clench
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 10, 2019 6:25AM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tested this in PTS?

This staff is performing Ok, also check patch notes. Shock clench not took nerf but get its balance part.

So whenever ZOS change ability effect or anything then they should blindly buff ability altering weapon because x,y,z love the way it was?

And as using lighting staff you get 8% aoe damage increase to shock clench

I said I didn't like the change to shock. It was a statement of an opinion just like you have done. I haven't asked for any blind buffs of anything.

The request for review was purely in relation to the reduction in cost of the skill that the set provides. The change to the skill affects the benefit of that aspect of the set. The value of the set bonus is directly affected by the change to the skill. I expect this was not considered as a part of the skill change hence my request that they review and consider a change to the set bonus.

Not sure why that is hard to understand.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no buff to master staff since you nerfed destructive touch. However you did buff master dw and vma weps. Pls revisit👌🏻

PC EU
    PvP only
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMA lightning staffs need looking at as they are useless now with the changes to lightning damage
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veiled Heritance 5 pc. setbonus is worthless now. It says gain weapon damage on interrupts. Well, interrupts even as cool as it sounds in theory, is not a functional part of the game. How many skills are considered interrupts? Anyway, either change CC into interrupts OR change the 5th. setbonus. I assume changing the setbonus is the best option. If it stays like this, the set is dead.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll admit, I'm not happy about the (indirect, but no less real for that) nerf to vMA bow. If the game had any tangible reward for personal achievement, that was it, alongside with inferno. Yes, there are other strong sets, but when someone gets 5k damage from Relequen, it's not their personal earning, but a team effort; same with, say, vDSA bow, it's a damage boost, but boost that can't be claimed by any single person. What made vMA bow stand out is that those were 2k dps earned personally, an indication that the player has enough personal skill (argue all you want about how much skill does it take nowadays, but point stands) to claim those 2k as their own. It may seem like a small thing, but when a player no longer can carry - and use, day to day - a tangible reminder of their own personal "I made it!", a whole layer of progression is removed from the game; the game becomes poorer for it.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler , this is my petition for keeping the weapon prominent. A solo arena weapon isn't just another set; it's a stepping stone in a player's personal progression.
  • CerbinTalYalas
    I made a topic for this set, but wanted to share my thoughts here since this topic is dedicated to sets. I want to speak about Hollowfang Thirst :
    Hollowfang Thirst (Light)

2 – 833 Spell Critical
    3 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    4 – 833 Spell Critical
    5 – Whenever you critically heal or critically damage a target, spawn a ball of Hemoglobin at their location. After 2 seconds the ball explodes, restoring 3470 Magicka and applying Minor Vitality to you and your allies within 6 meters of the ball for 9 seconds, increasing their healing received by 8%. This effect can occur once every 9 seconds.
    This set has a huge potential, but there's an issue that makes it completely useless : why a set focused on restoring magicka in AOE ?
    The Hemoglobin bubble will certainly mostly appear spawn to the boss, so on the melee DDs, and they barely need Magicka back.
    PROPOSAL : Whenever you critically heal or critically damage a target, spawn a ball of Hemoglobin at their location. After 2 seconds the ball explodes, restoring 3470 Magicka or Stamina, whichever maximum is higher, and applying Minor Vitality to you and your allies within 6 meters of the ball for 9 seconds, increasing their healing received by 8%. This effect can occur once every 9 seconds.
    (The amount of resources restored could also be lowered a bit, but I wasn't sure about which amount to put here)
    EU Server
    - - - - -
    Kherbin, Khajiit, PVE Stamina Nightblade
    Ma'isha, Khajiit, PVE Necromancer Tank
    Alessiac Tal Yalas, Breton, PVE Warden Healer
    Elara Tal Yalas, Breton, PVP Magicka Dragonknight
    Marche-dans-la-tempête, PVE Sorcerer Tank
    Alric Sombremont, PVE Stamina Sorcerer
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    A suggestion more than a critic:

Create melee magicka weapons. Call them dual wield wands, two handed sceptres, whatever. They would look great and it will balance the Stamina and magicka DPS classes.
    Oh, and make some kind of magiccal streak/minor desplacement which works like Stamina dodge. It really would feel much more "magic" and less "wordly" ways of avoiding damage.
    Edited by Saril_Durzam on July 10, 2019 12:52PM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knightslayer is bugged. I was gonna have a fun time and make a stamdk heavy attack build with knightslayer for the memes but it doesnt Show up in Combat metrics.
    After testing the 5 piece with only knightslayer equipped, and a greatsword with a weapon Damage enchant so the only Damage Happening would be knightslayer and the heavy attack itself, I found that only the heavy attack had a Damage number and the target dummy only took the 3.8k Damage from the heavy attack but no additional Damage at all like it was supposed to.
    The Animation still happens by the way you just dont get the Damage.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloody Mara: Reduced the Max Health granted by approximately 14% and the Max Magicka granted by approximately 13% from this consumable. This was done to retain the fact that drinks are meant to be slightly weaker than their food counterparts, due to special item sets and bonuses that key off them.

disagree with your reason to nerf drinks, even if drinks and foods give same stats still drinks are not stronger than foods in general .. we have to use 5 piece of a set to buff drinks ,thats 5 slot out of 12 to buff drinks . and btw there is a set that buffs foods that doesn't mean you have to nerf foods because of it :
    Green Pact
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (5 items) While you have a food buff active,
    your Max Health is increased by 2500 and Health Recovery by 250.

drinks and foods should be same statwise .this nerf makes bloody mara weaker than 2stats blue food and I think you should respect your own quality level aswell , gold > purple > blue
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuse to nerf Double Bloody Mara is not valid, because food buff reliant sets also exist, for example Green Pact:

(2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (5 items) While you have a food buff active, 
    your Max Health is increased by 2500 and Health Recovery by 250.

And overall I do not see the reason why drinks should be weaker than food, when in previous release you claimed to aim at giving all provisioning recipes fair chance to be desirable.

Update: @ebix wow, we had same thought process :smiley:
    Edited by SeaUnicorn on July 10, 2019 4:02PM
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Saril_Durzam I was thinking that maces could ge mag weapons, since they are not used that much by stam anyway
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    The heavy damage sets change is not something that I approve of.

If needed, adjust (lower down) the Ravager damage bonus (say to 500) with keeping the rest as it is currently on the server. No need to change Veiled set, it has not been overperforming, more of a niche alternative for some people.

Longer version of the viewpoint: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484619/ravager-veiled-etc-changes-to-what-end
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    slofwnd wrote: »
    @Saril_Durzam I was thinking that maces could ge mag weapons, since they are not used that much by stam anyway

It looks like more an stamina weapon, to be honest. Just need better ability.

I can perfectly see a dual wielding magblade in my mind. And man, it´s rocking.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of the good changes are the small ones (Ice Furnace tweak was perfect and should have been done years ago).

"Updated sets" (reworked old sets) are still mostly hot garbage or meh, and some like Senche's Bite are even more unattractive than they were. Veiled Heritance nerf was too harsh, and it's a really situational proc. Ice Furnace tweak was perfect.

I think now would be the perfect opportunity to tweak stamina sets which deal elemental damage by giving them the Soul Trap treatment where they can deal physical or elemental damage depending on the highest offensive stat (Ashen Grip, Red Mountain, Way of Fire, etc.) This would give the new players something to farm and use until they can get better gear in dungeons or Trials.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Most of the good changes are the small ones (Ice Furnace tweak was perfect and should have been done years ago).

"Updated sets" (reworked old sets) are still mostly hot garbage or meh, and some like Senche's Bite are even more unattractive than they were. Veiled Heritance nerf was too harsh, and it's a really situational proc. Ice Furnace tweak was perfect.

I think now would be the perfect opportunity to tweak stamina sets which deal elemental damage by giving them the Soul Trap treatment where they can deal physical or elemental damage depending on the highest offensive stat (Ashen Grip, Red Mountain, Way of Fire, etc.) This would give the new players something to farm and use until they can get better gear in dungeons or Trials.
    Gotta be really careful about potentially bringing a "proc set meta" back to PvP - that was absolutely awful when it was a thing.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Finedaible wrote: »

Gotta be really careful about potentially bringing a "proc set meta" back to PvP - that was absolutely awful when it was a thing.

Obviously they would need number tweaking too.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    On a technical note, neither Ravager nor Seventh seem to work properly.

The Ravager does not seem to add its damage to abilities, it only appears in the stats.

The Seventh, as reported, does not seem to improve Health Recovery, at least in the stat card.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On the plus side I tried the new Elemental Succession with Force Shock in the new dungeons and it seemed to work well.

How is that even possible ? On the paper this set is garbage .... with simple maths you can prove that julianos is far better.

It works well with 1 skill ( force pulse) and that’s not enough to make this set an interesting choice unless you play with only one skills.

Nvm even if you play with only force pulse this set is useless .... this set gives you 500 spell damage for each element with 50% uptime
    Julianos gives you 300 spell damage with 100% uptime.
    Edited by Apherius on July 10, 2019 7:08PM