The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

MagNB - What is our advantage to leverage?

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @fred4 Yea, I agree with your write up. Small point, but RAT doesn’t break Cloak I believe. I don’t know if you meant your ability escape sequence, but I fear - cloak - rat
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    The leverage of magblade is that it's a very thought provoking class with very engaging gameplay. The class doesn't necessarily do anything better than other classes but the class requires more user input than every other class and that's where I think the magblade leverage is. It's also just a fun interesting class

You mean curse>flame reach spam>Frag>lolz isn’t engaging?

If you want real engaging gameplay you have to equip armor master and use the matriarch with your reach spam and unavoidable curse
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The leverage of magblade is that it's a very thought provoking class with very engaging gameplay. The class doesn't necessarily do anything better than other classes but the class requires more user input than every other class and that's where I think the magblade leverage is. It's also just a fun interesting class

You mean curse>flame reach spam>Frag>lolz isn’t engaging?

If you want real engaging gameplay you have to equip armor master and use the matriarch with your reach spam and unavoidable curse

I.... I thought those were a given now?

Like you roll a magsorc and you get a free set of armor master in the level up rewards.
    Edited by Insco851 on June 2, 2019 2:12AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    @fred4 Yea, I agree with your write up. Small point, but RAT doesn’t break Cloak I believe. I don’t know if you meant your ability escape sequence, but I fear - cloak - rat
    I usually do it in that order too, but it's mainly force of habit. I'm not sure which order is better. It probably depends on the situation.
    Edited by fred4 on June 2, 2019 12:23PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys think high offensive pressure? It’s been a while since I’ve tried it, but I think against a magsorc they’d pull the typical shield stack and set you up for burst. Half of what makes sorcs powerful is kiting and stacking shields while setting you up for a burst combo, especially when someone tries to be too aggressive.

I can’t see that strategy working well.

I’d think a better strategy would be to wear them down. Don’t let them sustain through harness magicka and wait until shields are down. I’m not a dueler but that’s their only weakness from what I can see.

Magsorc kinda in its own realm. You’d be hard pressed finding any build that’s just gonna work them up and down.

You’re console aren’t you? Just wait...

Idk how to take this, are they better or worse? Lot of people on console are convinced the pet sorc battlespirit changes are the end of all sorc domination but I’m highly skeptical. If it does impact as big as people are speculating, I imagine a black rose resto would solve the short comings.

• Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys think high offensive pressure? It’s been a while since I’ve tried it, but I think against a magsorc they’d pull the typical shield stack and set you up for burst. Half of what makes sorcs powerful is kiting and stacking shields while setting you up for a burst combo, especially when someone tries to be too aggressive.

I’d think a better strategy would be to wear them down. Don’t let them sustain through harness magicka and wait until shields are down. I’m not a dueler but that’s their only weakness from what I can see.

Magsorc kinda in its own realm. You’d be hard pressed finding any build that’s just gonna work them up and down.

Idk how to take this, are they better or worse? Lot of people on console are convinced the pet sorc battlespirit changes are the end of all sorc domination but I’m highly skeptical. If it does impact as big as people are speculating, I imagine a black rose resto would solve the short comings.

He’s been saying they feel stronger yet in the new patch. I couldn’t even imagine. - me thinks it’s just the population catching up to the pet sorc meta- as well as crutch DK mains switching to another giant crutch.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He’s been saying they feel stronger yet in the new patch. I couldn’t even imagine. - me thinks it’s just the population catching up to the pet sorc meta- as well as crutch DK mains switching to another giant crutch.

Console tends to be behind the meta in all regards, but I'd also like to point out that console players have a tendency to overuse low skillcap strategies and builds. If something is deemed overpowered on console, it's likely just that console players are less skilled or simply uninformed.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    If something is deemed overpowered on console, it's likely just that console players are less skilled or simply uninformed.

I'd just like to point out I'm not singling anyone out. I've played ESO on all three platforms and this is generally what I've observed over 5 years.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭

Console tends to be behind the meta in all regards, but I'd also like to point out that console players have a tendency to overuse low skillcap strategies and builds. If something is deemed overpowered on console, it's likely just that console players are less skilled or simply uninformed.

By less skilled do you mean not having add ons with buff timers, mouse accuracy/speed, custom button mapping, 60+ FPS, I could go on..

If so, I agree.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jhall03 wrote: »

By less skilled do you mean not having add ons with buff timers, mouse accuracy/speed, custom button mapping, 60+ FPS, I could go on..

If so, I agree.

Pretty much. My favorite example is how attack weaving and rotations - you know, the primary parts of combat - just... aren't really things on console, and when they are they're rarely executed nearly as efficiently as on PC. Not to say they can't be done (a good player is still a good player afterall), but it's far less common.

Kinda changes what good and bad means for nightblades when there are such different ecosystems the same nightblade can exist in.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do believe it’s been console complaining most about pet sorcs (at least on the forums) from what I’ve seen. If PC players has some cheat code vs them -they need to start sharing it.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Most definitely Sorcs are stronger with the patch.

I remember a thread a couple months back where people discussed a magicka break free and I said it was a terrible idea. I thought it would help magicka classes too much and make sorc OP, and said to only give it to Templars.

I think I was right. Recently I’m seeing less stam, more mag, and more sorcs. Sorc burst seems to be up from minor force, their survivability is up as well because of cc immunity from RAT.

Sorcs crying about patch changes doesn’t mean anything. They cry as they’re being buffed, IDK why but it seems like what’s obviously OP to most doesn’t seem to register to them, and they think they’re underpowered. Even in pve the preferred ranged class is magsorc now.

I wouldn’t be surprised is half of pvpers are sorcs soon.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 3, 2019 5:42PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most definitely Sorcs are stronger with the patch.

I remember a thread a couple months back where people discussed a magicka break free and I said it was a terrible idea. I thought it would help magicka classes too much and make sorc OP, and said to only give it to Templars.

I think I was right. Recently I’m seeing less stam, more mag, and more sorcs. Sorc burst seems to be up from minor force, their survivability is up as well because of cc immunity from RAT.

Sorcs crying about patch changes doesn’t mean anything. They cry as they’re being buffed, IDK why but it seems like what’s obviously OP to most doesn’t seem to register to them, and they think they’re underpowered. Even in pve the preferred ranged class is magsorc now.

I wouldn’t be surprised is half of pvpers are sorcs soon.

I’m hardly seeing the effectiveness of rat on a sorc. Streak already repositioned thru soft CC’s. Burst was also already thru the roof and most arnt stacking enough crit to lean on minor force.

And again without trying to sound like a broken record- you are describing Xbox na from the previous patch.

Recent dueling tourney- nothing but s&b pet sorcs.
    Edited by Insco851 on June 3, 2019 6:07PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How clueless does one have to be to think RAT is the reason magsorcs are OP right now... like wtf.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jhall03 wrote: »

If so, I agree.

It's a PC game first... Trying to play my build in PvP using a controller would be a nightmare 😬
  • DomiNate4NB
    DomiNate4NB
    ✭✭
    Have they announced when the next class balance will be? About to wave the white flag. And before anyone asks, I used all my stuff to try to find a viable build over the past year or so.

Note: if you're AFK, I might be able to kill you before you use a healing skill. Emphasis on "might"
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have they announced when the next class balance will be? About to wave the white flag. And before anyone asks, I used all my stuff to try to find a viable build over the past year or so.

Note: if you're AFK, I might be able to kill you before you use a healing skill. Emphasis on "might"

I def don’t have THAT big of an issue getting kills...

Curious what you’ve tried lately
    Edited by Insco851 on June 3, 2019 7:15PM
  • DomiNate4NB
    DomiNate4NB
    ✭✭
    I use caul, war maiden, TK. Steed mundus.

2H: concealed, cripple, FM, Cloak, inner light (51% crit), soul harvest

Resto: lotus, fear, flex, rapid Regen, ward Ally, soul siphon

Combo: From stealth or cloak...cripple, bar swap, lotus, fear, bar swap, soul harvest, concealed spam
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    How clueless does one have to be to think RAT is the reason magsorcs are OP right now... like wtf.

You’re reading things out of context. Speaking of clueless, look in the mirror.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use caul, war maiden, TK. Steed mundus.

2H: concealed, cripple, FM, Cloak, inner light (51% crit), soul harvest

Resto: lotus, fear, flex, rapid Regen, ward Ally, soul siphon

Combo: From stealth or cloak...cripple, bar swap, lotus, fear, bar swap, soul harvest, concealed spam

Might as well get switched over to destro and rat. LA Weaves plus +8% single target dmg will be a fairly large buff for you. +minor force.

I’m not a proponent of the concealed style builds though. Ele Weapon or swallow soul for me.
  • DomiNate4NB
    DomiNate4NB
    ✭✭
    Definitely ready for the update to double take. Snares kill the speed/high health Regen playstyle. The reason I play NB is because, same as boxing, you can hit what you can't see or catch. But when I counter with a wet noodle of an overhand right, it's depressing
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's rich coming from someone who doesn't even understand how the scoring system works in BGs while claiming to be a high MMR player. Or someone who posts this joke of a build while claiming to be an magNB main. The fact that you don't even seem to understand how your main works and yet feel compelled to give questionable build advice on classes you have little to no experience on just makes the irony even more obvious.

If you've actually played a sorc you'd understand that 1) RAT doesn't fit in the meta sorc build at all and it benefits other classes far more than sorcs because they don't have access to streak 2) the main reason magsorcs are OP right now is because of how overtuned their pets. But by all means keep crying about how making snare removal accessible to all mag classes was a bad idea and made magsorcs OP when they've already been OP for a while now.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely ready for the update to double take. Snares kill the speed/high health Regen playstyle. The reason I play NB is because, same as boxing, you can hit what you can't see or catch. But when I counter with a wet noodle of an overhand right, it's depressing

There’s plenty of mnb that run the Calu setup and gank pretty hard with it. I’d imagine that part is more about timing it with the rest of the burst.

2h is def hurting your damage by a ton. If it was me, I’d suggest going after straight up stat sets and get your pen up.

I hit like a truck running spinners/necro. While stacking crit modifiers. The main downside is this is a pretty squish setup if I get caught out in the open vs 3-4-5.... I don’t run invis cloak and instead go for the additional heal/mitigation of dark cloak.

This play style revolves around smart use (and prayers) of shade.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magsorc is a bit overtuned for a magicka class

I mean everyone knows stamina > magicka and the only rival for stam players is magsorcs

anyway I'll keep playing whatever satisfies me the most: magblades, cause it's still challenging
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's rich coming from someone who doesn't even understand how the scoring system works in BGs while claiming to be a high MMR player. Or someone who posts this joke of a build while claiming to be an magNB main. The fact that you don't even seem to understand how your main works and yet feel compelled to give questionable build advice on classes you have little to no experience on just makes the irony even more obvious.

If you've actually played a sorc you'd understand that 1) RAT doesn't fit in the meta sorc build at all and it benefits other classes far more than sorcs because they don't have access to streak 2) the main reason magsorcs are OP right now is because of how overtuned their pets. But by all means keep crying about how making snare removal accessible to all mag classes was a bad idea and made magsorcs OP when they've already been OP for a while now.

Who even are you? I don’t think I’ve seen you in a single battleground.

It’s nice to see that I have a fanboy since you’re stalking my posts. Spec depends mostly on who you’re playing with and your group comp. You must roll solo and have no idea how to play at the top end.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 3, 2019 10:08PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It’s nice to see that I have a fanboy since you’re stalking my posts. Spec depends mostly on who you’re playing with and your group comp. You must roll solo and have no idea how to play at the top end.
    lol it's hard not to notice when every other thread has a questionable reply made by the same person. I remember your username for the same reason I recognize all posts made by dwemer_paleontologist.

And even if we played on the same server we probably wouldn't be matched together because I'm pretty sure everyone in my MMR bracket knows the very basics of how BGs work...which you don't.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

lol it's hard not to notice when every other thread has a questionable reply made by the same person. I remember your username for the same reason I recognize all posts made by dwemer_paleontologist.

And even if we played on the same server we probably wouldn't be matched together because I'm pretty sure everyone in my MMR bracket knows the very basics of how BGs work...which you don't.

Ah okay. Nobody. NM. I find it hilarious that people think they see ‘questionable’ posts and I’m a noob. Then when they actual try something I’ve said they find out I’m right and send me messages all the time.

I see, so you think you’re good because you follow what someone with a website says is the best spec. Then think everyone else is dumb for not doing it... Meanwhile you’re playing a spec everyone knows the counters to and will always have an upper limit.

The point of that spec was stacking % damage reductions. 10% swift, 15% merciless, minor and major protection for 80% mitigation in 7 light. You didn’t even understand what I was thinking of trying.

No point in replying anymore. No point teaching someone how to play who’s belligerent.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 3, 2019 10:47PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The point of that spec was stacking % damage reductions. 10% swift, 15% merciless, minor and major protection for 80% mitigation in 7 light. You didn’t even understand what I was thinking of trying.
    That's not even how % mitigations stack bro omg :bawling: And defense is the least of your super 1337 Icy Conjuror/Swift build's problems when you decide to slot both elemental ring and sap essence while not bothering with any CC whatsoever lol.

I rest my case.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's not even how % mitigations stack bro omg :bawling: And defense is the least of your super 1337 Icy Conjuror/Swift build's problems when you decide to slot both elemental ring and sap essence while not bothering with any CC whatsoever lol.

I rest my case.
    I think he mainly does BGs and plays healers with a bit of AOE. Haven't looked at that build, though.

You are, of course, correct. Mitigation is multiplicative, except when t3hasiangod tested Merciless on the PTS, it was additive, so that bears looking into.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What advantages has magblade?

It used to be shade, but now it can get you killed as often as saved because it fails to work in some areas, I think at this point they should change the tooltip on it "You have a chance to teleport back to your shade".

It used to be cloak but since stamblades can now spam Piercing Mark for free, gues what?

Merciless? Good but not outstanding, I'd take Frags over it any time.

Swallow soul? Ok, but it's not a game changer.

TBH I think the only thing that magblade have which is pretty unique and meaningful is new fear, arguably the best cc in the game. All the rest can be replaced or done better by others.
    Edited by Mayrael on June 4, 2019 5:40AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge