Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagNB - What is our advantage to leverage?

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, now pretty much every magblade you see seems to be the +60 magicka ones, not using cloak at all, but harness magicka/fear/shade instead. And that's actually pretty much all they do, not much else.
    Just as annoying and pointless as many or most bunny hopping shield stacker magsorcs: "Look, I can 1vX! I kill no one, but can run around trees and up and down rocks forever! This is going on Youtube, I'm so gud!".
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Well, now pretty much every magblade you see seems to be the +60 magicka ones, not using cloak at all, but harness magicka/fear/shade instead. And that's actually pretty much all they do, not much else.
    Just as annoying and pointless as many or most bunny hopping shield stacker magsorcs: "Look, I can 1vX! I kill no one, but can run around trees and up and down rocks forever! This is going on Youtube, I'm so gud!".

I don't think you will find many of the cookie cutter, necro/crafty players in this thread so I don't understand the salt. What I gather here most magnbs in forums are older players who are experienced enough to not run the meta.
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on July 17, 2019 12:43PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Insco851 wrote: »
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    I don't want to load the PTS again as my SDD is pretty full. Has anybody gone onto the PTS and tried out soul harvest with the casting time?

Hey scruffy whiskers. I have. Tbh there is not that much noticeable difference... at least as far as I can tell. However, If your someone with a low ping and a master at animation canceling you may have to adjust your timing. I have 200 ping so it feels the same to me. I know the way you play because I’ve been on the receiving end of your stealth burst combo. You may feel a slight stutter but it won’t make or break your combo.

It’ll completely shaft the ani cancel soul harvest burst. Which rn is the difference of me killing the magplar and him healing to full right after.

Time your fears. With the .4 sec cast time you still hit before they break free...

Yea cuz that worked so stunningly with merciless proc in the last few patches....
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I attribute this salt to Pirate skelly.

Which is a carry set on live. Otherwise- we’ve only seen nerfs so far in the pts.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Which is a carry set on live. Otherwise- we’ve only seen nerfs so far in the pts.

I read someone mentioning people dueling on PTS and magblades weren’t doing well. Anyone participate and can say what’s going on?

I was thinking a cloaking dot build would be great in pvp after the patch, but I just realized they added another cloak counter with stampede. Now after someone gap closes with stampede they’ll radiate aoe damage which will knock NBs out of cloak.

Anyone have any insight? I’ve been on PTS to check some stuff out but I don’t duel.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I read someone mentioning people dueling on PTS and magblades weren’t doing well. Anyone participate and can say what’s going on?

I was thinking a cloaking dot build would be great in pvp after the patch, but I just realized they added another cloak counter with stampede. Now after someone gap closes with stampede they’ll radiate aoe damage which will knock NBs out of cloak.

Anyone have any insight? I’ve been on PTS to check some stuff out but I don’t duel.

Interesting. Mnb is a stud at dueling on live. Loss of some mitigation and stam getting some yuge buffs could be why?
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. Mnb is a stud at dueling on live. Loss of some mitigation and stam getting some yuge buffs could be why?

On pcna the dueling scene is like heavy stam, magplars and sorcs. Magnbs are still decent but not nearly as common
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No idea. Maybe because of all the dots ripping through ward and no class purge. Templars are doing well from what I heard, and stamsorc.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea. Maybe because of all the dots ripping through ward and no class purge. Templars are doing well from what I heard, and stamsorc.

Still a couple patches before I’d worry about it
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run 1vX builds and use a lot of LoS for defense. I get a lot of kills though. I’ve been pretty successful 1vXing on my magblade every patch even when the class is weak. Those 60k Magicka builds are more considered 1v1 builds though they generally lack stam sustain and mag recovery so they aren’t ideal to bring into Cyrodiil. My build has around 50k Magicka but my spell pen and spell damage are much higher than those 60k magbuilds which allow me to actually hit just as hard while having better sustain. What’s bad about 1vX? if you are good enough to do it why not give it a shot. You’ll learn things about the class that isn’t possible to learn otherwise.

Edit: lol I love cloak though
    Edited by thankyourat on July 17, 2019 5:53PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zerglings getting triggered by players using LoS will never stop being funny.

"Fight us 1v20 in an open field like a real man!!!" .... no thanks ^^;;
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with magblade with 4 people chasing you with their gap closers and spamming fear. Rip
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the uptime on Minor Vulnerability using a Shock enchant? I'm guessing Infused would be the way to go to maximize.

I've been using Lotus Fan but what I don't like about it is if I get stunned mid animation, it cancels the skill out. It's really annoying and I'd also like to eventually slot Soul Trap or Entropy.
    Edited by brandonv516 on July 29, 2019 12:51AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the uptime on Minor Vulnerability using a Shock enchant? I'm guessing Infused would be the way to go to maximize.

I've been using Lotus Fan but what I don't like about it is if I get stunned mid animation, it cancels the skill out. It's really annoying and I'd also like to eventually slot Soul Trap or Entropy.

I think the change is mentioned in the 5.1 notes. Irrc it’s been increased to 7 seconds.

It used to be 5 seconds so people ran infused in pve for better uptime compared with charged. With the changes I’m not sure.

Never noticed the animation bug. I thought the ability was instant and the animation is from when it lands. I have noticed lag can make the port glitchy.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 29, 2019 1:57AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Charged is BiS for that. It gives 100% uptime on minor vulnerability.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "MagNB - What is our advantage to leverage?":

Hmm... lets see...
    - Fear ? No, next patch everyone will have access to it (same or better version in fact lol).
    - Teleport gap closer ? No... every one will have that dual - wield skill next update too...
    - Cloak ? Maybe, but that is debatable. Every one can run invisibility potions.
    - Mobility ? No, Wardens & Sorcs are much better at that.
    - DMG dealing ? Well mag nb dps is actually (I think) the worst out of all mag classes, stam is OK though, but not best or anything.
    - Burst DMG potential ? For mag, well big nope here too. For stam it is again OK, Technically you can make a point that stam NB have a good burst potential but it is not that easy to pull out.
    - Bombing in PvP ? Technically yes, NB have an utli that fits perfectly for that, but again, other classes can do it too, if not better with right build & using invisibility potions.
    - Healing ? well... it is "meh" at best.
    - Tanking ? well.... NB (both mag & stam) are considered worst class for tanking.

I think... i think the place when mag NB can really shine is... Doing... Thieves and Dark Brotherhood guild quests ?! Well, damn... :disappointed:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 29, 2019 9:05AM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly all I can say at this point is... I miss Wrobel. Turns out he was the one holding everything together while the rest of the dev team was trying to ruin this game with this awful generic skill meta.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I read the notes. Elemental succession’s cooldown has been reduced to 4 seconds and it’s a 4 second 550 sp buff.

Anyone tested it? That would make it really powerful. Maybe to give a reason to not slot onslaught?

The new harness magicka is 5% base but with 6L that will go up to 15% magicka returned per hit, so 45% magicka total from 3 hits.

Anyone been on PTS to check them out?
    Edited by Iskiab on July 30, 2019 12:21PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm... lets see...
    - Fear ? No, next patch everyone will have access to it (same or better version in fact lol).
    - Teleport gap closer ? No... every one will have that dual - wield skill next update too...
    - DMG dealing ? Well mag nb dps is actually (I think) the worst out of all mag classes, stam is OK though, but not best or anything.
    - Burst DMG potential ? For mag, well big nope here too. For stam it is again OK, Technically you can make a point that stam NB have a good burst potential but it is not that easy to pull out.
    - Bombing in PvP ? Technically yes, NB have an utli that fits perfectly for that, but again, other classes can do it too, if not better with right build & using invisibility potions.
    - Tanking ? well.... NB (both mag & stam) are considered worst class for tanking.

I think... i think the place when mag NB can really shine is... Doing... Thieves and Dark Brotherhood guild quests ?! Well, damn... :disappointed:

well cloak blades still have proper mobility with RAT, especially if you build for it with steed etc.

I never enjoyed the cloak playstyle with hit & run, but atm its the only viable choice I can see. Ofc there's the max mag shieldstack playstyle, but its not that efficient and ofc hard to play with lag etc, plus I'd rather play sorc in that case...
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I read the notes. Elemental succession’s cooldown has been reduced to 4 seconds and it’s a 4 second 550 sp buff.

Anyone tested it? That would make it really powerful. Maybe to give a reason to not slot onslaught?
    Go look at how much elemental dmg you do vs. magic dmg and there's your answer.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »

Hmm... lets see...

well cloak blades still have proper mobility with RAT, especially if you build for it with steed etc.

I never enjoyed the cloak playstyle with hit & run, but atm its the only viable choice I can see. Ofc there's the max mag shieldstack playstyle, but its not that efficient and ofc hard to play with lag etc, plus I'd rather play sorc in that case...

That is what I have always thought when it comes to maximizing Shield strength for Magicka Nightblade. If that is your main goal you will always be a second-tier sorc. It was much more viable when you could stack it with the old healing Ward to recover but even then it played worse than a sorc in the same style
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more about shieldblades. Tried it once, hated it. Fair play if that's what some people enjoy, but I think it's kind of missing the point of the class.

That said, they made healing ward so bad as to be almost pointless now, so you really can't blame people for going down that route. When it takes so long to get the paltry "burst" heal from ward, you may as well just be just slotting harness and relying on your HOTs. I might give that a try tonight actually.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more about shieldblades. Tried it once, hated it. Fair play if that's what some people enjoy, but I think it's kind of missing the point of the class.

That said, they made healing ward so bad as to be almost pointless now, so you really can't blame people for going down that route. When it takes so long to get the paltry "burst" heal from ward, you may as well just be just slotting harness and relying on your HOTs. I might give that a try tonight actually.

Harness is great, I’ve recently switched it for ward ally in anticipation of the PTS changes. I’d get used Ward Ally.

On live the heal on ward ally is a non-factor yea. Trying to use it as a heal is dumb yea. Instead what I do is hot heal and use the shield against burst damage.

Dark cloak + refreshing path is a lot of healing. For ward ally I only use it reactively sub-50%, harness is good because it can be used at full health in anticipation of damage.

As a healer I use the combination of refreshing path, dark cloak, combat Prayer, MO and Ward Ally to heal. If I’m tanky with MO stacks on me, a damage NB with just dark cloak, Ward Ally and one more ability should be tanky as well.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair