The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MagNB - What is our advantage to leverage?

• Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Hey, I have a couple questions for you guys:
    1. Does the shade proc enchantments? I’m wondering if it’s worth worrying about the enchantment on my resto bar
    2. What’s the min recovery I should aim for in a dps dark cloak build? 1950 mag recovery enough?

Shade doesn’t proc enchants as far as I know.

And considering your me running ally- 1950+pot should be fine.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^ Yeah only weapon skills will proc enchantments. I run 1600 on my Breton NB w/ siphoning and about 1800 without.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I have a couple questions for you guys:
    1. Does the shade proc enchantments? I’m wondering if it’s worth worrying about the enchantment on my resto bar
    2. What’s the min recovery I should aim for in a dps dark cloak build? 1950 mag recovery enough?

1. No. Class skills don't proc weapon enchhants, shade included.
    2. In PvP my personal sweet spot is around 2,2k mag recovery. For just DPS its more than enough but when you're pushed to defense your resource pool will shrink a bit faster.
    Edited by Mayrael on June 28, 2019 10:37AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    Live in stealth. A sorc that doesn't see you is a dead sorc. No rotation -no shields = little puddle of blue goo. This is not true of DKs. Make sure lolz.

Be a troll to the BIS/meta endorsing/watchwestreammyself ball groups. Kill camp. Kill person sent to put up camp. Kill siege. Kill healer from stealth with SA in the middle of the group. Take out the stamblade with the scroll. Put time stop on their 30 man siege and watch them die to your mate's 2 oils. Get them to the point that a tiny whisper of a red path causes them to pull off siege and run around foaming at the mouth. Good fun.

Scout for your faction. Always hilarious to watch some uber enemy leader person spend 10 mins sneaking up to a door to find the faction waiting. I like to sit on rocks in the sun outside their keeps and hollar when they start struggling into the goat path. There's a few people on Ep I am not fond of who like to zerg solo players. Since my own faction is usually too outnumbered to take care of it I helpfully come out of stealth and indicate where they are to Ad, before disappearing again. Occasionally I sit up in a high place and do this with a fire siege. Running right into a group of enemies you don't like with the other enemy faction chasing you is also great -especially if they don't have line of sight until they go over the top of a hill.

Pack up with other blades and sit in a field between your keep and the enemy. Let them go past. Mark the moron spamming mutagen & healing the grass... Killing stamblades is also super easy as we know where they will be...guard your siege line.

Point of difference? It's a lot of fun. Totally nerfed to the ground. Unplayable. Paper-in-the-rain vulnerable. But hilarious. Given that choice and cookie cutter meta BIS playing...PURGE NOW < just no.

Hahah totally can relate :D Being as anoying as possible. My fav thing to do is to ride on mount through heavy defended breach and go immediately in stealth, half of the defenders try to find me while I already burn their camp. Nerf mounts!
    Burning people sieges when they try to setup them. Jumping into group of enemies, mass fear them and then port back to shade <3
    When enemy takes our keep I'm there to shoot the doors before they can repair them. Then they chase me around that siege while I setup another one on the inside of the keep.
    Killing oilers and in general dragging some attention of defenders while my faction rushes in to take the keep or simply tagging a keep and watching 20 players running like khajiits with tails in flames are trying to find me.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I’m looking to tweak my build a little bit. This is my BG build, and I did some during prime time yesterday. There were lots of premades (moreso then during the day) and I want to see if I can up the damage for times when I’m in a low dps group:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=131568

I’d say I’m 50% healing 50% damage.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I’m looking to tweak my build a little bit. This is my BG build, and I did some during prime time yesterday. There were lots of premades (moreso then during the day) and I want to see if I can up the damage for times when I’m in a low dps group:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=131568

I’d say I’m 50% healing 50% damage.

Addition of combat prayer?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Harness magicka instead of rapid regen. With full stacks of merciless and dark cloak harness magicka is great.

I've found too that with enough +healing modifiers and sanctuary my dark cloak ticks for 1k per second in pvp non-crit. It's pretty nice, without harness magicka though if 2-3 people are on me my health never regens and it's hard to get out of execute range. I've also noticed with sanctuary I'll rarely break 1 million healing, but I think that's because it boosts everyone's self healing. Definitely not a build that's good for impressive stats, but it's effective.

Thinking of going troll king instead of pirate skelly, IDK. I want more punch, kill stealing off people is good, but if your group lacks damage I'd like to contribute more offensively.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 28, 2019 3:56PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harness magicka instead of rapid regen. With full stacks of merciless and dark cloak harness magicka is great.

I've found too that with enough +healing modifiers and sanctuary my dark cloak ticks for 1k per second in pvp non-crit. It's pretty nice, without harness magicka though if 2-3 people are on me my health never regens and it's hard to get out of execute range. I've also noticed with sanctuary I'll rarely break 1 million healing, but I think that's because it boosts everyone's self healing. Definitely not a build that's good for impressive stats, but it's effective.

Thinking of going troll king instead of pirate skelly, IDK. I want more punch, kill stealing off people is good, but if your group lacks damage I'd like to contribute more offensively.

Ah yes. Rapid is okay if you arnt running dark cloak for some addition ticks but otherwise harness for sure.

I always found Troll king for no cp pretty insignificant. Maybe go Valkyn unless you need a tanky monster set.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you healer/support blades think about SPC? I see yall saying you want to contribute more in damage. It's a good base stat set with a decent proc rate. I honestly used to run it with necro and funnel health (pre nerf) for a while.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What do you healer/support blades think about SPC? I see yall saying you want to contribute more in damage. It's a good base stat set with a decent proc rate. I honestly used to run it with necro and funnel health (pre nerf) for a while.

I don’t know, tbh I didn’t try it. I was collecting the set but once I got it I felt I had better sets.

I like the BRP destro staff because it adds a dot, sanctuary because it increases everyone’s self healing and transmutation because it increases everyone’s crit resists.

I view myself as support primarily, so my concerns are in descending order; stay alive, heal people, add pressure to opposing teams, help people cc. Most player’s weakness is self healing from what I see, or helping someone to heal when they’re cc’d. That’s why I like having a damage option, I’ve finished some games with higher damage then healing and up to 10 kill steals from impale, but for weaker teams I’m usually mostly healing because without it people would drop like flies.

I usually try to cover group weakness and increasing teammates damage isn’t that important I find outside Combat Prayer because weaker teams tend to favour damage over defense which ultimately is what makes them weak.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been trying to get a buddy of mine to run SPC+Transmitation+Troll King for our small group.

The stats actually look decent on the build editor
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

I’ve been trying to get a buddy of mine to run SPC+Transmitation+Troll King for our small group.

That's what I ran it for, a small group in cyro. It works well and is honestly a great back bar or front bar only set.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran spc, necro, and engine guardian with cloak. Would run around weaving funnel health with mutagen ticking. Close in for the incap/mercy combo then shade away.... back when funnel, and incap were actually good
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on June 29, 2019 2:48AM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what I ran it for, a small group in cyro. It works well and is honestly a great back bar or front bar only set.

SPC body, Transmutation jewls+Ice staff front bar, Black Rose Resto Back bar.

Ice WoE, Combat prayer, major vitality, crit resist, health recovery, +group DMG, 6 man fear, execute. Group major protection, group major expedition. Nutty
    Edited by Insco851 on June 29, 2019 3:00AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ice WoE, Combat prayer, major vitality, crit resist, health recovery, +group DMG, 6 man fear, execute. Group major protection. Nutty

This is similar to what I used to run, but add bright throat.

I dropped an ice staff back bar and WoE ever since the snare was reduced. Now I run fire because there are still a lot of vampires in pvp.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 29, 2019 4:59AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ice WoE, Combat prayer, major vitality, crit resist, health recovery, +group DMG, 6 man fear, execute. Group major protection. Nutty

I dropped an ice staff back bar and WoE ever since the snare was remove. Now I run fire because there are still a lot of vampires in pvp.

Maybe I’m uninformed but I thought the snare just got toned down? Not removed.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I dropped an ice staff back bar and WoE ever since the snare was remove. Now I run fire because there are still a lot of vampires in pvp.

Maybe I’m uninformed but I thought the snare just got toned down? Not removed.

Yup, drunk typo.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I actually thought about running that as well for my supportblade, but ended up going with bloodspawn in stead of TK, and Bright Throat in stead of SPC since it gives better stats. I always used to play as a full on healtank, but I got a bit bored of that and am now trying a hybrid dd/heal. So I went for Bright-Throat on body, Trans jewels (3 protective) and inferno staff, Blackrose resto and Bloodspawn.

And man... I *** love this setup. Was totally the change of pace that I needed. Very strong heals, decent damage and good mitigation. I feel like I am constantly doing everything, which makes it very engaging. Self healing isn't the best but I can crutch off teamhealing with ward ally + major vitality and my mobility is good.

My bar setup is:
    Front bar: Swallow soul, merciless resolve, mass hysteria, lotus fan, impale (or sometimes cloak), Ult: ice comet.
    Backbar: Healthy offering, rapid regen, ward ally, phantasmal escape, refreshing path, Ult: Soul siphon
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, mixing damage and healing is more fun. I’d add impale if you do BGs though and having an aoe is useful.

Impale alone can get you up to 10 kills in a BG and get you a win in a close game. I thought about swallow but there are too many pets so I’ve stuck with a BRP destro. I’m thinking of changing some things up for more punch, I’m not sure what to do.

I tried adding lotus fan yesterday but only did a couple BGs so am not sure if it’s a better build yet.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 29, 2019 12:53PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, mixing damage and healing is more fun. I’d add impale if you do BGs though and having an aoe is useful.

Impale alone can get you up to 10 kills in a BG and get you a win in a close game. I thought about swallow but there are too many pets so I’ve stuck with a BRP destro. I’m thinking of changing some things up for more punch, I’m not sure what to do.

I tried adding lotus fan yesterday but only did a couple BGs so am not sure if it’s a better build yet.

Lotus fan is clunky imo. It's so predictable what is about to happen once you jump on some one. That's what I don't like about our "burst" combo that much.

Side thought about damage. I don't bgs all too much but I wonder what kind of synergy lotus with proxy would have, play like a variation of a "bomber"
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on June 29, 2019 1:16PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried proxy det with lotus once in cyrodiil. It was hard to time it well, maybe because of the clunkiness of lotus? I’m still getting used to lotus and haven’t figured out yet what makes it so clunky.

Prox det makes a distinctive sound and that alone might be great for a healer. Like pirate smelly where when someone sees the skeleton animation they give up, do something similar with det so people run away.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yea I have been using impale and it works well. And swallow soul is the best single target spammable for me. I need the selfheals from it and it puts good pressure on the enemy, while getting me ult gen and giving me the siphoning passive for extra damage. I don't like adding another AoE because in such a build it literally is just fluff damage to inflate your score and is easily healed through.

What I do when I want to burst someone is: build up merciless stacks with light attack + swallow soul, proc infused berserk glyph on backbar, switch front bar and use lotus fan, pop ice comet, fear, merciless resolve and impale right as ice comet meteor hits. I regulary blow people up or get them to execute range with this, and its hard for them to escape. Its also amazing when a group is stacked. Jump in, meteor, fear and then they all get blasted. Then pop out to range again, heal and finish people off. I was in doubt about meteor because of the cost, but with swallow soul as spammable, pot passive and bloodspawn it is up really fast.
    Edited by Koensol on June 29, 2019 2:01PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried proxy det with lotus once in cyrodiil. It was hard to time it well, maybe because of the clunkiness of lotus? I’m still getting used to lotus and haven’t figured out yet what makes it so clunky.

Prox det makes a distinctive sound and that alone might be great for a healer. Like pirate smelly where when someone sees the skeleton animation they give up, do something similar with det so people run away.

Lotus is clunky because it’s a teleport. It has the same travel time at max distance as it does up close- unlike other gap closers. And sometimes it glitches out and you half jump and stop.... woooo my favorite. Targeting issue similar to DK leap.
    Edited by Insco851 on June 29, 2019 4:18PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Yea I have been using impale and it works well. And swallow soul is the best single target spammable for me. I need the selfheals from it and it puts good pressure on the enemy, while getting me ult gen and giving me the siphoning passive for extra damage. I don't like adding another AoE because in such a build it literally is just fluff damage to inflate your score and is easily healed through.

What I do when I want to burst someone is: build up merciless stacks with light attack + swallow soul, proc infused berserk glyph on backbar, switch front bar and use lotus fan, pop ice comet, fear, merciless resolve and impale right as ice comet meteor hits. I regulary blow people up or get them to execute range with this, and its hard for them to escape. Its also amazing when a group is stacked. Jump in, meteor, fear and then they all get blasted. Then pop out to range again, heal and finish people off. I was in doubt about meteor because of the cost, but with swallow soul as spammable, pot passive and bloodspawn it is up really fast.

Sounds solid. But I can’t be bothered to do mages guild. That’s just a hard pass. (Though I need to for magic controller +2% mag... :disappointed:)
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can collect Books in cyrodiil, you know?
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    You can collect Books in cyrodiil, you know?

I know. Typically I finish with those books cuz it closes out 3 or 4 sets to push me over the top. But that grind is just hella draining. My least favorite of the entire game.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    I normally do skyshards, books and now also the psijic rifts all together
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want more punch, kill stealing off people is good, but if your group lacks damage I'd like to contribute more offensively.
    That’s why I like having a damage option
    Very strong heals, decent damage and good mitigation. I feel like I am constantly doing everything, which makes it very engaging.
    Yea, mixing damage and healing is more fun.
    And swallow soul is the best single target spammable for me. I need the selfheals from it and it puts good pressure on the enemy, while getting me ult gen and giving me the siphoning passive for extra damage.

z0YPvmy.jpg
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    I want more punch, kill stealing off people is good, but if your group lacks damage I'd like to contribute more offensively.
    Very strong heals, decent damage and good mitigation. I feel like I am constantly doing everything, which makes it very engaging.
    And swallow soul is the best single target spammable for me. I need the selfheals from it and it puts good pressure on the enemy, while getting me ult gen and giving me the siphoning passive for extra damage.

z0YPvmy.jpg

hmm, right. hasn´t there been someone who said swallow soul is a wasted slot?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

z0YPvmy.jpg

I don’t get it, what’s the point of the quote?
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair