Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dot seems to refresh on cast so its almost similar dps as force pulse I figured.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dot seems to refresh on cast so its almost similar dps as force pulse I figured.

Yes it does. When you are ready for the dot to stay, it's better than force pulse. Unless you want to use poisons or need the penetration.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I geared up for using vamp bane as spammable and it hits very hard. 9k if you count in the dot refresh each hit plus it procs burning alot. I only use jabs situationally now.
    Thanks Minno for the advice I never realised the dot will instantly hit on cast making it hit each second instead of every 2 seconds if you spam vamp bane.
    Anyone knows if reflective light counts as an aoe and gets boosted by lightning staff passive?
    Edited by Ariades_swe on March 21, 2019 6:24PM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I geared up for using vamp bane as spammable and it hits very hard. 9k if you count in the dot refresh each hit plus it procs burning alot. I only use jabs situationally now.
    Thanks Minno for the advice I never realised the dot will instantly hit on cast making it hit each second instead of every 2 seconds if you spam vamp bane.
    Anyone knows if reflective light counts as an aoe and gets boosted by lightning staff passive?

The initial cast of reflective light is buffed by using a lightning staff.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it does count as aoe, but also effected by master at arms on the initial hit
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a die hard sweep and jabber. If only minor protection was working as well as vulnerability.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I'm a die hard sweep and jabber. If only minor protection was working as well as vulnerability.

Is there any words from devs about this bug
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most if not alldots have the first hit instantly hit. Most are still every 2s, unless otherwise noted on the tooltips.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell power pots or degeneration - what do you use?
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Destyran wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the go to defensive set is at the min on pvp magplar.
    Transmutation group support
    Buffer of the swift. Reduce bleeds good for blocking temp
    Cyrodiils lights. Makes mist and meditate tanks also works when u jab or soul Assault if u get interrupted next spell free.

Swift and trans with pirate skele 3 infused jewellery with spell damage and master staff is pretty cancer

Wouldn't that lack balance and dmg , as stats would be really low across the board, but yea tanky as f%$#

Just all about timing and burst. I kill people on my alt Templar and just stand in groups till they give up or kill me with negate spam

I’m addicted to Overwhelming I just gotta figure out the perfect defensive set
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiils lights. Makes mist and meditate tanks also works when u jab or soul Assault if u get interrupted next spell free.

Swift and trans with pirate skele 3 infused jewellery with spell damage and master staff is pretty cancer

Wouldn't that lack balance and dmg , as stats would be really low across the board, but yea tanky as f%$#

Just all about timing and burst. I kill people on my alt Templar and just stand in groups till they give up or kill me with negate spam

You and me both, tried everything recently but can't settle on anything
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton or high elf for pvp I cant decide
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dark elf
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Dark elf

Say what?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even consider dark elf but dam they are some nice passive for a vamp magplar
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I’m thinking trans for group play and swift for solo but if I run swift I need to replace Overwhelming surge I kinda wish auroran thunder was better my dream build in theory was

2 valk/grothdar
    5 swift/ Cyrodiils
    Front bar offensive Aurorans
    Back bar perfected asylum SNB/ice staff

But I can’t do it with surge because u need it both bats to be really effective for getting NBs out of stealth
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even consider dark elf but dam they are some nice passive for a vamp magplar

And you can just switch to Stamplar whenever there's a DLC that breaks all magic skills or something.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I'm torn between between breton and dark elf at min, it's for pvp so weighing up the passive the best I can
    Edited by Syiccal on March 23, 2019 11:21PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I'm torn between between breton and dark elf at min, it's for pvp so weighing up the passive the best I can

What is it now? Just use what you have currently till you are comfortable all the build options just don't feel right to you with that race.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most damage from magic users is fire anyway. Sorcs use flame reach Templar’s use bane/light dks use fire in general mag NBs use destro ult. so it is more mitigation all around.
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    Imo you're somewhat overselling Dark Flare. Yes, it can hít for a lot - more like 15k on an unaware light armour wearer - IF it connects. Unfortunately that is a very big if. Range and los checks at cast start and cast end + enormous travel time thanks to the trajectory result in a very unreliable skill, especially in Cyrodiil with all its lag and sync issues.

The healing debuff is great of course, but again, only if DF actually hits.

In BGs it's less bad, but there are reasons why you pretty much never see the skill on your death recaps.Cast time + good chance of the skill whiffing even without the target taking active measures to avoid the easily seen huge slow ball of light moving towards them just don't mix well.

Dark Flare is less situational than you think, I use DF in my dueling setup and it’s an excellent addition to the magplar toolkit.

Forcing out dodgerolls isn’t a bad thing since it’s not something their stamina can sustain. And if you’re fast you can block-cancel the DF cast you can start a sweeps or rebuff.

1v1 can be won through either sustained pressure or unexpected burst which DF provides both. Sustained pressure through high Major Defile and Burst due to the high damage backloaded to the end of a long cast (DF+Crescent+PL Proc can be a 17k burst on a reasonably Tanky target).

Its not the best skill ever and it doesn’t belong on every magplar setup, but it’s a strong option.

DF is great ranged. In melee, one bash, and you're DF is useless. So DF is situational. It's ridiculously easy to bash a DF. I've since switched to Solar Barrage for the 4 ticks of Empower. It's much more useful for melee range combat.

DF is pretty easy to dodge too. It may force down an opponents stamina, but it also chugs at my magicka.
    Edited by soniku4ikblis on March 25, 2019 7:06PM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo you're somewhat overselling Dark Flare. Yes, it can hít for a lot - more like 15k on an unaware light armour wearer - IF it connects. Unfortunately that is a very big if. Range and los checks at cast start and cast end + enormous travel time thanks to the trajectory result in a very unreliable skill, especially in Cyrodiil with all its lag and sync issues.

In BGs it's less bad, but there are reasons why you pretty much never see the skill on your death recaps.Cast time + good chance of the skill whiffing even without the target taking active measures to avoid the easily seen huge slow ball of light moving towards them just don't mix well.

Dark Flare is less situational than you think, I use DF in my dueling setup and it’s an excellent addition to the magplar toolkit.

Forcing out dodgerolls isn’t a bad thing since it’s not something their stamina can sustain. And if you’re fast you can block-cancel the DF cast you can start a sweeps or rebuff.

1v1 can be won through either sustained pressure or unexpected burst which DF provides both. Sustained pressure through high Major Defile and Burst due to the high damage backloaded to the end of a long cast (DF+Crescent+PL Proc can be a 17k burst on a reasonably Tanky target).

Its not the best skill ever and it doesn’t belong on every magplar setup, but it’s a strong option.

DF is great ranged. In melee, one bash, and you're DF is useless. So DF is situational. It's ridiculously easy to bash a DF. I've since switched to Solar Barrage for the 4 ticks of Empower. It's much more useful for melee range combat.

DF is pretty easy to dodge too. It may force down an opponents stamina, but it also chugs at my magicka.

Bash is unreliable this patch , so you can bash them and it won’t do anything.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus CC immunity stops the bash from working in the first place ;).

Solar barrage is good too. If you use a fire staff, the empowered light attack can replace dark flare entirely, since fire staff unempowered light attack is around 10k fully buffed on a normal 36k/3ksd templar build but you get 8 seconds of consistent light attacks. If two of those bad boys connect, you will have more dmg than 1 cast of Dark flare but can block/dodge/bar swap/react.

I really wish dark flare was instant cast.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Plus CC immunity stops the bash from working in the first place ;).

Solar barrage is good too. If you use a fire staff, the empowered light attack can replace dark flare entirely, since fire staff unempowered light attack is around 10k fully buffed on a normal 36k/3ksd templar build but you get 8 seconds of consistent light attacks. If two of those bad boys connect, you will have more dmg than 1 cast of Dark flare but can block/dodge/bar swap/react.

I really wish dark flare was instant cast.

Yeah was dueling a magplar on my stamplar for what seemed like ages , until we just gave up. This was before I even knew bash was broken but I noticed I couldn’t interrupt them. Cc immunity makes it worse too.

Dark flare might be a little op if they make it instant cast, I’ve hit some crazy numbers in the past with it. Templar ganking would become a thing.
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭

True.

But I specifically stopped using DF because mine would easily get bashed in 1v1 or group. And I can easily bash other Templar's DF's.

However, I notice when I weave bash, that they miss sometimes. So yeah. I'm just really disappointed with my favorite class atm. And I do not want to switch to something else. So, I heal mostly until I get the bug to dps again and then I force myself to go through the torment in hopes I can find that wonderful enjoyment out of my dps MP again.

I usually don't.
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just experienced this mist bug today. I've died through mist several times almost from full hp, every hit on the death recaps is between 2-4k and even saw light attack for 1.7k. Obviously it isn't working. I was wondering why the hell i was dying so much today, and there's the answer.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on March 26, 2019 4:05AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major sorcery must be added to some class skill. Actual working skill.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking of pairing with buffer of the swift. Recent changes give 10% reduction in dmg from other players plus spell/physical resists. Anyone do any testing yet with it?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking of pairing with buffer of the swift. Recent changes give 10% reduction in dmg from other players plus spell/physical resists. Anyone do any testing yet with it?

Yea I wasnt a fan, I have gone back to using pirate skele as get everything and more that these 5 piece sets offer but in a 2 piece freeing up another set option
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I wasnt a fan, I have gone back to using pirate skele as get everything and more that these 5 piece sets offer but in a 2 piece freeing up another set option

both sides of the same coin. pirate is great, but subject to burst in between procs plus minor defile can be hard when combined with major defile. buffer is great, but wastes a valuable 5pc for 10% mitigation. If you use groth/kena/slime/valkyn with another 5pc offense set, it will be about the same as two 5pc offense sets with pirate.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual