Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    The high elf spell damage buff would’ve been a buff to snb builds but they also nerfed dw glyphs.

If you usestaff backbar, just use infused beserker enchant. Use shock front; the status effect is better.

Yeah I thought about that, I just been using poisons on my back bar as of late but looks like I’m going to have to switch it up to get the most out of it.

The shock enchant only procs on light attacks right since I won’t be using any weapon line skills ?

Yeah it's kinda a wasted enchant. Could use the heal or shield.

I don’t necessarily agree with having a defensive enchant on your SnB bar. If you’re tryinng to be defensive while on your back bar you’re usually blocking,dodging,backing out of melee range and generally not light weaving.

In contrast, you’re only really weaving SnB light attacks in with your buffs/debuffs if you’re in aggressive mode.

That’s why I like offensive Enchants on the back bar, lighting to proc minor vulnerability, disease to proc minor defile Et Cetera. SnB Enchants are weaker now, but they still have a high chance of applying secondary effects.

(Only relevant if you’re using sword-n-shield for your back bar)

I don't really find snb good enough for magplar to slot. It just crutches on block-bol too much, which while the only saving Grace of the class, stops you from finding ways to stay offensive.

Resto is better in my opinion:
    -another 15% extra healing onlow health. Literally stacks with Templar mending passive
    - get lights champion. Can cast that than bar swap to offense.
    - combat prayer gives 8 seconds of resist+minor beserk.
    - heavy attack mag Regen.
    - major mending on heavy attack for proactively figuring out if you need extra healing.
    - full enchant value.
    - let's youkeep destro front bar without ice staff or double destro.

And just gives you block mitigation, armor, another armor trait and maybe snb ultimate. But you are kinda stuck on defense to make use of the passives.

Resto backbar is a fine choice, but it doesn’t play to the magplar toolkit.

The ability to block/HoD is such a powerful defensive tool that it allows you to push hard for offensive stats on the rest of your build. It also gives you a defensive tool that isn’t susceptible to defile (you can’t purge every defile).

The most important thing it does is give the breathing room to recover after taking a full burst. Strong 1v1 players can apply at least 15k damage to a buffed and pvp-geared player during a well-constructed burst window, which is even more dangerous because anyone who’s smart is looking to combo you when you’re not at 100% HP. Healing without blockcasting (especially while defiled) is usually not enough to recover without expending huge amounts of magicka.

You could just resto ult every time your enemy bursts you, but then you’re on the defensive the whole time on account of never getting to ult offensively.

Well what if I told you the difference between base block and snb block is only 1-2% total mitigation gained? ;)

Resto block also gives you mag, though small amount. You can still resto block, but have additional tools for offense. Major force does add pressure, so it's not entirely wasted. Cresent only hits for so much if it hits at all and meteor is higher cost while blocked.

There's benefit to both but neither bis.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a question that has been asked many times, and may or may not need a different answer at the time. Is it worth while to run Vamp on magplar?

I keep going back and forth. Right now, I am not vamp and run 2h with FM and Race against time. RAT seems to mesh well with light armor also reducing sprint cost, and sprinting meshes with the CP passive that increases health and stam recovery, so I think I have decent mobility.

I do wonder sometimes though that mist form would be a better escape with 1 button and leave the stam pool for blocking, roll dodging, and break free; although the mobility locks you out of abilities. You can also then run meditate with the extra slot and use it once you get LOS.

I also cant remember if health recovery still works in mist form. I know vamp itself obviously reduces health recovery but with Troll King, I think you still wind up over 1500 health recovery at stage 4. Could always stay stage 1 and just have vamp for mist, maybe go to 2 for the recovery bonus. Again, cant remember if it works but if it did, could give us a reset other than block cast HTD
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Here is a question that has been asked many times, and may or may not need a different answer at the time. Is it worth while to run Vamp on magplar?

I keep going back and forth. Right now, I am not vamp and run 2h with FM and Race against time. RAT seems to mesh well with light armor also reducing sprint cost, and sprinting meshes with the CP passive that increases health and stam recovery, so I think I have decent mobility.

I do wonder sometimes though that mist form would be a better escape with 1 button and leave the stam pool for blocking, roll dodging, and break free; although the mobility locks you out of abilities. You can also then run meditate with the extra slot and use it once you get LOS.

I also cant remember if health recovery still works in mist form. I know vamp itself obviously reduces health recovery but with Troll King, I think you still wind up over 1500 health recovery at stage 4. Could always stay stage 1 and just have vamp for mist, maybe go to 2 for the recovery bonus. Again, cant remember if it works but if it did, could give us a reset other than block cast HTD

I go back and forth between the two. Right now, vulnerability is making fire/fighters guild things hit like trucks (9k leaps, etc.) but if you drop down to stage 3 it only hits for 3k lol. Either drop vamp entirely or run stage 3 vamp with mist.

Both really viable. RAT is great because it's both offense/defense (minor force+speed and holding block with it slotted gives 5k shield).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run vampire for the passives, I don't slot mist form or race against time though. I sometimes use bats as my backbar ulti
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still use vamp on magplar, I feel like I need it for mobility/snare removal for those occasions you're deep in the muck and ritual is not getting those ground based snares/roots off of you long enough.

If I ran RAT I'd need to slot 2h for FM as well I think and I'm not ready to change 1 skill & weapon for 2 skills & less-useful-otherwise-weapon.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Stamden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think it’s a necessity but it comes in handy. I don’t like vamp though, I haven’t ran it since Morrowind and even then I didn’t like it. There’s just too much damage going around that hurts you, especially in bgs. Mist form is the only thing that’s really missed because it helps with roots , I can reposition just fine without it. Plus I’m not really trying to kite my opponents on my magplar but instead capitalize off their aggressiveness and stacking.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also I wouldnt go troll king as vamp. You only go from 120 HR to 600 hr lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check it bacause there is a passive that reduced the health recover penalty. Ran it on my NB at times and you still wind up with decent HR. My problem with TK is it feels better if you are not taking damage. Cloak makes it okish as vampire, but it's true it is much better without vamp, maybe roll dodge build or under shields
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check it bacause there is a passive that reduced the health recover penalty. Ran it on my NB at times and you still wind up with decent HR. My problem with TK is it feels better if you are not taking damage. Cloak makes it okish as vampire, but it's true it is much better without vamp, maybe roll dodge build or under shields

I did, had 600 HR on my build after forgetting I had vamp on. Instantly deslotted it because you waste a 2pc set on something you can get running non vamp without troll king lol.

It's useless for templar.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Public Service Announcement regarding Auroran’s Thunder, the new dungeon set. It’s an underperformer, even in no-np, don’t bother farming for it.

I tested it in open world, BGs, and dueling environments and the combat data was consistently showing it dealing less than half as much damage as Overwhelming Surge. Even with modifying my playstyle to maximize uptime. Too bad, I was interested in this one since a melee range frontal cone synergized so well with the magplar playstyle.

You may want to remove it from your suggested sets.

Edit: May have some utility if you can consistently get multiple targets into the AoE cone. But I never got it to perform.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on March 15, 2019 5:30PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did, had 600 HR on my build after forgetting I had vamp on. Instantly deslotted it because you waste a 2pc set on something you can get running non vamp without troll king lol.

Weird. Just tested and my health recovery on my NB is 332 without the proc and 1557 with it. Stage 4 vamp. Of course, its khajiit but that only accounts for 100. Im getting twice your value just from Troll King alone. If I ran in stage 1 forgoing the revocering and undeath, but keeping the HR and damage penalty off in order to pretty much just use mist, I would get a good chunk more back and thats where I was thinking it with mists damage reduction could be nice.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Public Service Announcement regarding Auroran’s Thunder, the new dungeon set. It’s an underperformer, even in no-np, don’t bother farming for it.

I tested it in open world, BGs, and dueling environments and the combat data was consistently showing it dealing less than half as much damage as Overwhelming Surge. Even with modifying my playstyle to maximize uptime. Too bad, I was interested in this one since a melee range frontal cone synergized so well with the magplar playstyle.

Edit: May have some utility if you can consistently get multiple targets into the AoE cone. But I never got it to perform.

someone will find a use for it and get it to work. Not every set comes with penetration too.

Weird. Just tested and my health recovery on my NB is 332 without the proc and 1557 with it. Stage 4 vamp. Of course, its khajiit but that only accounts for 100. Im getting twice your value just from Troll King alone. If I ran in stage 1 forgoing the revocering and undeath, but keeping the HR and damage penalty off in order to pretty much just use mist, I would get a good chunk more back and thats where I was thinking it with mists damage reduction could be nice.

that would explain it. But why waste a 2pc that is 30% weaker when you can grab 200+ spell damage?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

someone will find a use for it and get it to work. Not every set comes with penetration too.

that would explain it. But why waste a 2pc that is 30% weaker when you can grab 200+ spell damage?

I've had some success with a auroran thunder based build, i basically just stack aoe's. You can have as many as 5 aoe's going all at once, 6 for duels if you take out mistform and use an ice staff back bar with blockade. it's alot of pressure to most people. Don't really have any video of this build yet tho because I've been playing magblade more this update but I'll share it anyways, the stats are kinda crap but it is alot of frontal aoe damage.

Full Frontal build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=126179

Not the strongest build I've ever played but hey it works xD

*EDIT*I sorta agree with @Jimmy_The_Fixer about the set though, it's sorta weak on its own but when you stack it with multiple aoes it can be a pretty good damage supplement. It proc's concussion often too, which in turn makes everything else you cast do more damage.
    Edited by Akinos on March 15, 2019 9:51PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

I've had some success with a auroran thunder based build, i basically just stack aoe's. You can have as many as 5 aoe's going all at once, 6 for duels if you take out mistform and use an ice staff back bar with blockade. it's alot of pressure to most people. Don't really have any video of this build yet tho because I've been playing magblade more this update but I'll share it anyways, the stats are kinda crap but it is alot of frontal aoe damage.

Full Frontal build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=126179

Not the strongest build I've ever played but hey it works xD

*EDIT*I sorta agree with @Jimmy_The_Fixer about the set though, it's sorta weak on its own but when you stack it with multiple aoes it can be a pretty good damage supplement. It proc's concussion often too, which in turn makes everything else you cast do more damage.

Thanks for the feedback all!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people help me with my bruiser stamplar build for battlegrounds. its my current gear
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=59483

here is pvpmeter stats
    stat.jpg

i like to be tanky but my teammates often complain that my damage is too low thus i want to boost it a little bit. idk how to do it effectively.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people help me with my bruiser stamplar build for battlegrounds. its my current gear

here is pvpmeter stats
    stat.jpg

i like to be tanky but my teammates often complain that my damage is too low thus i want to boost it a little bit. idk how to do it effectively.

I didn't think anyone used reactive any more. I'd replace that for a more sustain set or impreg if you want to be tanky. And personally, I'd rather have ravager on stamplar over 7th legion.

Your stamina us really low, so I'd get that up 1 way or another.

You have nirnhoned on both weapons. Put your offense abilities on your nirnhoned bar, infuse weapon damage on your back bar. I'd use to say shield bar infused but the nerf on 1 handers glyphs kind of hurt that.

You having the weapon damage glyph on both bars will screw you if the 1h shield one is already proc
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here is pvpmeter stats
    stat.jpg

I didn't think anyone used reactive any more. I'd replace that for a more sustain set or impreg if you want to be tanky. And personally, I'd rather have ravager on stamplar over 7th legion.

You have nirnhoned on both weapons. Put your offense abilities on your nirnhoned bar, infuse weapon damage on your back bar. I'd use to say shield bar infused but the nerf on 1 handers glyphs kind of hurt that.

You having the weapon damage glyph on both bars will screw you if the 1h shield one is already proc

i use gear which is easy to get. i dont want to grind pve. how about to use ravager and 7th legion together?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here is pvpmeter stats
    stat.jpg

i use gear which is easy to get. i dont want to grind pve. how about to use ravager and 7th legion together?

I suppose you could, but I think if I was going double damage sets, I'd probably prefer spriggans with one of those. A little penetration would do you some good and it adds some needed stam.

Speaking of which, 2h sword is the worst to use of the 3 types. Axe bleed is better, and mace penetration is better starting at around 18k resist on your target, and personally I'd front bar it.
    Edited by technohic on March 16, 2019 4:03PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here is pvpmeter stats
    stat.jpg

I suppose you could, but I think if I was going double damage sets, I'd probably prefer spriggans with one of those. A little penetration would do you some good.

Speaking of which, 2h sword is the worst to use of the 3 types. Axe bleed is better, and mace penetration is better, and personally I'd front bar it.

Spriggans, hundings would be the easiest combo to get started. Then use bloodspawn/1pcchudan+pirate for defense.

Sword is great if you have major breach, but since Templar doesn't mace/axes are way better. Axes ignore armor via bleed applied during melee, and maul applies 20% armor penetration after major/minor pen but before unnamed flat number sources.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On another topic, just tested 1pc Kena/1pc bloodspawn. Still a solid combination of stats for magplar! Assuming you get your defense from a5pc (I used trans backbar with 1 protective and a DMG shield front bar).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here is pvpmeter stats
    stat.jpg

I suppose you could, but I think if I was going double damage sets, I'd probably prefer spriggans with one of those. A little penetration would do you some good.

Speaking of which, 2h sword is the worst to use of the 3 types. Axe bleed is better, and mace penetration is better, and personally I'd front bar it.

Spriggans, hundings would be the easiest combo to get started. Then use bloodspawn/1pcchudan+pirate for defense.

Sword is great if you have major breach, but since Templar doesn't mace/axes are way better. Axes ignore armor via bleed applied during melee, and maul applies 20% armor penetration after major/minor pen but before unnamed flat number sources.

Just realized he has ransack which is fine, but doesnt help the cleave stamplar puts out. 2h ultimate there also so I guess they are focusing single target, so maybe a mace is not necessary. Probably wouldn't be with spriggans, POTL, and ransack in that case.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here is pvpmeter stats
    stat.jpg

Just realized he has ransack which is fine, but doesnt help the cleave stamplar puts out. 2h ultimate there also so I guess they are focusing single target, so maybe a mace is not necessary. Probably wouldn't be with spriggans, POTL, and ransack in that case.

If you use A LOT of AOE pressure, there's a case for spriggans, mace and potl. Maybe 2h/bow, running poison arrow with executioner and the second morph of bombard that only snares +deals a dot with Dawnbreaker. Just pile on the hurt, and get a snare thats applied AOE so its unreflected+undodgeable+unblocked.

Templar is the master of efficient cleave but stamplar has nothing but jabs lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:
    Pending, Monday and any hotfixes, but drop vamp all. Vulnerabilities are bugged giving lighting+sorcs, fire+DKs and night late+Incap all giving extra DMG than they should.

What this means is that, vulnerabilities are additive now instead of multiplicative against your mitigation. It includes Morag tong, any set or ability that says "deal extra DMG to your target".

I dropped vamp, picked up speed buffs elsewhere, and instantly found less DMG hitting me. Going to update the guild to after Monday to see if they hotfix it.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=128616

A simple build (that can be tweaked) for anyone that's interested.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:
    Pending, Monday and any hotfixes, but drop vamp all. Vulnerabilities are bugged giving lighting+sorcs, fire+DKs and night late+Incap all giving extra DMG than they should.

What this means is that, vulnerabilities are additive now instead of multiplicative against your mitigation. It includes Morag tong, any set or ability that says "deal extra DMG to your target".

I dropped vamp, picked up speed buffs elsewhere, and instantly found less DMG hitting me. Going to update the guild to after Monday to see if they hotfix it.

There was a large thread about this but i think it got removed or I simply can't find it again. I'm not sure why it would be removed tho but thanks for the confirmation on that I was wondering what was going on with certian damage I was taking and doing with those classes.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:

There was a large thread about this but i think it got removed or I simply can't find it again. I'm not sure why it would be removed tho but thanks for the confirmation on that I was wondering what was going on with certian damage I was taking and doing with those classes.

Its here, but the thread title requires already knowing what they are talking about

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/462033/magdks-nightblades-received-a-damage-boost-in-wrathstone-vulnerability-calculation-changes/p1

I actually thought I brought this bit up in my question earlier on whether people still prefer to run vamp as Templar but I didn't. Was part of the reason I was holding off.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:

Its here, but the thread title requires already knowing what they are talking about

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/462033/magdks-nightblades-received-a-damage-boost-in-wrathstone-vulnerability-calculation-changes/p1

I actually thought I brought this bit up in my question earlier on whether people still prefer to run vamp as Templar but I didn't. Was part of the reason I was holding off.

Thanks man that's it no idea why I couldn't find it after I read the first few posts.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:

Yeah, I thought dropping to vamp 3 would help. But still took damage. There was also a lot of Oblivion DMG rolling around and prismatic enchants; vamp is back to being too much negative for the bonuses.

Ended up backbarred smugglers resto staff with bloodspawn for uptime on resto ult. Fire staff front and practice reposition early to pull managed fights.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's funny, not knowing this I just went vamp again last night because I was dying too easily without mist form in BGs. I feel like i got nerfed across the board.

With mist form and cyrodiils light i am surviving much better now. Go figure.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »
    That's funny, not knowing this I just went vamp again last night because I was dying too easily without mist form in BGs. I feel like i got nerfed across the board.

With mist form and cyrodiils light i am surviving much better now. Go figure.

i had that setup as well. Dying to things I normally could react to is never fun lol.
    Dropped vamp and cyro light hard this morning. Picked up pirate skeleton (better uptime on dmg mitigation+armor without protective), running smugglers resto backbar so I can run combat prayer and not use up a precious GCD on boring speed, and placed 1 shock resist enchant so I can be immune to concussed status effect.

Taking hits like a champ again, with my setup lending to reposition + pressure at range so I dont feel the snares as hard. Suggest everyone to at least grab 1 dmg mitigation set they previously didn't, or throw on that shock resist enchant if you die more to sorcs than nightblades.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual