Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just dropped eclipse yesterday I know how to use it I don't think it's a terrible ability but I am so sick of giving my opponent massive amounts of cc immunity while they kill me.

Does unstable core have the same mechanics with the cc immunity I know you can cast it on cc immune people but does it grant them the long cc immunity like total dark?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just dropped eclipse yesterday I know how to use it I don't think it's a terrible ability but I am so sick of giving my opponent massive amounts of cc immunity while they kill me.

Does unstable core have the same mechanics with the cc immunity I know you can cast it on cc immune people but does it grant them the long cc immunity like total dark?

It works the same way with the difference, that you can recast the delayed explosion as you like.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purifying Light>Dark Flare>Charge>Sweep>Jabsx2-3-4.

At range, dark flare first. Or at least it used to still hit after PL. I dont use it much as it's easy to avoid at range, and risky at best already in melee. I'd rather run solar barrage>pl>crescent sweep> sweeps. It seems you're looking for burst, but that's really not our strength but PL with all that pressure hitting at once gives small bursts, and of course then you're better off with lightning staff.

And you can free a slot by getting pots with crit and spell power on them. You have a lot of situational pots but I'm guessing immovable pots are your most used and probably due to lack of stamina to support your blocking and break free both. I found some success with going frost staff in stead of shield for that reason although I know many do not like to take the passive that makes block cost magicka and that works great if you have mist form to use in low stam moments. Not so great when you dont and are pressured by CC.

You are also missing the best ability for magicka players in the game in elemental drain.

I dont think I'd run a shield at all but if I did, I doubt it would be harness magicka as we dont have the ability to run a 2nd shield and it is small.

Question for you. Did you play a sorc before? It sounds like you are trying to play this in that style. Burst and shields are more their forte and not great for us.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

It works the same way with the difference, that you can recast the delayed explosion as you like.

That burst might be nice but the cc immunity is just terrible its like a buff to the person you cast it on most times.

Thanks for the info
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That burst might be nice but the cc immunity is just terrible its like a buff to the person you cast it on most times.

Thanks for the info

Its terrible if you have someone with better options with you like petrify or fear, but compared to our other options, its competitive. Just dont use it on someone running away as that is a gift to them
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Thanks for the info

Its terrible if you have someone with better options with you like petrify or fear, but compared to our other options, its competitive. Just dont use it on someone running away as that is a gift to them

Yea I know that but when it's cast on me I just break free or cleanse and enjoy the free immov pot. It seems a large majority of cryo does the same.

It can definitely save me/buy me some time but then the other guy just immediately goes on the attack with no fear of cc what so ever. Whenever I'm fighting anyone good Ive notice the fight going downhill after I cast that stupid ability most times.

• Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info

It has terrible mechanism. Petrify double cc on skill is god like when compared to this templar poo.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree templars by far have the worst class cc in the game,
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    Purifying Light>Dark Flare>Charge>Sweep>Jabsx2-3-4.

At range, dark flare first. Or at least it used to still hit after PL. I dont use it much as it's easy to avoid at range, and risky at best already in melee. I'd rather run solar barrage>pl>crescent sweep> sweeps. It seems you're looking for burst, but that's really not our strength but PL with all that pressure hitting at once gives small bursts, and of course then you're better off with lightning staff.

And you can free a slot by getting pots with crit and spell power on them. You have a lot of situational pots but I'm guessing immovable pots are your most used and probably due to lack of stamina to support your blocking and break free both. I found some success with going frost staff in stead of shield for that reason although I know many do not like to take the passive that makes block cost magicka and that works great if you have mist form to use in low stam moments. Not so great when you dont and are pressured by CC.

You are also missing the best ability for magicka players in the game in elemental drain.

I dont think I'd run a shield at all but if I did, I doubt it would be harness magicka as we dont have the ability to run a 2nd shield and it is small.

Question for you. Did you play a sorc before? It sounds like you are trying to play this in that style. Burst and shields are more their forte and not great for us.

I am going to sharply disagree with you about frost staff. There is a reason why stamina templars use S&B. It's much more effective than frost staff simply for the fact it blocks better at ranged attacks. It's sans-superior. Absorb Magic is a great negate, burst heal from a range attack.

I really dislike Ele Drain. I'd rather spend that slot using defense/offense. Being crammed with skills as it is. I ran Ele Drain for a long while. 15k Penetration is great. 20k and balancing your other stats is subpar. I run between 13-14k pen without Ele Drain. I don't miss it.

I dislike Dark Flare. It's easy to interrupt in a 1v1 if the opponent knows what they are doing. I learned the very hard way not to be so obvious with it. If you start cast and flank your opponent you can comb it with jabs. It's definitely a great ranged tool however. It's a superior ranged ability if you can keep your opponent from realizing your going for that skill. You have to be clever at using it, such as sneaking it in or spamming it. Spamming it forces your opponent to waste stamina (or mg) to block or dodge it. That helps. Stamina burn is great if you can force your opponent to burn it.

I apologize, I find spell pots to be a huge mis-leading crutch. HUGE crutch. Totally misleading. In a realistic, overworld PVP setting, you need your situational pots to deal with situations. Forcing yourself into one pot sacrifices mobility, recovery, and versatility. Not a smart plan when you are 1vX.

I have played a sorc. I also play in Light Armor. Heavy armor is not effective for a Magplar. I've tried it. Sacrificing your very essence of the spirit of what a Mag-char does: recovery, critical, and penetration, is a huge handicapp for just a mere amount of physical and health recovery that you can already produce on light armor with certain sets.

It sounds like you and I have different play styles and value different concepts. I certainly do not value frost staves, the loss of potion options, and blocking.

Thanks for the input. TC
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info

I can't tell you how many times I have cussed out my 4k TV because Eclipse wouldn't land due to CC immunity from another source.

My roomate asked me the other day why I continued to play PVP on ESO when all it does it upset me and *** me off. lol He had a point.
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info

I can't tell you how many times I have cussed out my 4k TV because Eclipse wouldn't land due to CC immunity from another source.

My roomate asked me the other day why I continued to play PVP on ESO when all it does it upset me and *** me off. lol He had a point.

I agree man its just taking up bar space more then half the time because you cant cast it.

I look at it this way I've never died to or really been slowed down when someone puts eclipse on me and I'm terrrrrrrible so that means even more competent players are even less bothered by the skill.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its funny because some nigthblade on AD keeps hate whispering me to stop giving him free cc immunity, but he never attacks me lol. So I guess eclipse is working as intended lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

its funny because some nigthblade on AD keeps hate whispering me to stop giving him free cc immunity, but he never attacks me lol. So I guess eclipse is working as intended lol.

LOL the best restults I get with total dark are the ad nightblades and spam light attacks from way to far away and don't break the bubble.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL the best restults I get with total dark are the ad nightblades and spam light attacks from way to far away and don't break the bubble.

lol I always time it in the middle of the combo and bait targets with lower health. SO that particular NB gets bubbled and runs, then sits in stealth to message me "Protip, eclipse gives cc immunity, stop giving me cc immunity1!!!".

Makes me chuckle, because protip, why you running then? lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol I always time it in the middle of the combo and bait targets with lower health. SO that particular NB gets bubbled and runs, then sits in stealth to message me "Protip, eclipse gives cc immunity, stop giving me cc immunity1!!!".

Quick question if eclipse is not a reflect then why do I get knocked back/down when i cast flame/shock reach with it on me?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quick question if eclipse is not a reflect then why do I get knocked back/down when i cast flame/shock reach with it on me?

you sure it isnt because your target has defensive posture on?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NPC Gaurd version is still old version.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But wouldn't I have cc immunity from eclipse being on me?

I'm pretty sure if you cast a knock back or knockdown with eclipse on you it Procs the damage and knocks you down as well.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure if you cast a knock back or knockdown with eclipse on you it Procs the damage and knocks you down as well.

cc immunity happens AFTER the bubble drops. If its laggy, you hardly see the bubble in time.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mainly I slot total dark for use against bowturds who generally aren’t skilled enough to know to break it. Also useful against DKs with Volatile armor. Otherwise you can use it on someone loading up some single target burst on you. It’s the only cc I have slotted anyway on my ranged build so it’s good to use it when available just to interrupt rotations and strain their stamina.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Stamden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

cc immunity happens AFTER the bubble drops. If its laggy, you hardly see the bubble in time.

This was changed pretty recently, eclipse gives CC immunity while it’s active in addition to the normal CC immunity once it’s removed. I used to run javelin with TD to get a bunch of eclipse damage and then stun them anyway, that’s no longer possible.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was changed pretty recently, eclipse gives CC immunity while it’s active in addition to the normal CC immunity once it’s removed. I used to run javelin with TD to get a bunch of eclipse damage and then stun them anyway, that’s no longer possible.

Exactly that's why I find it strange I'm getting knocked back or down with eclipse on me and I'm pretty sure it's from my own attack.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we were talking about guard eclipse. the cc immunity happens afterwards I think. Or thats because they still have disorient stuns lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we were talking about guard eclipse. the cc immunity happens afterwards I think. Or thats because they still have disorient stuns lol.

No I'm talking about total dark/unstable core from another player I know the guards eclipse is op and unstoppable lol
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No I'm talking about total dark/unstable core from another player I know the guards eclipse is op and unstoppable lol

yea its cc immunity as soon as bubble hits. But you shouldnt be cc'd while in the bubble. Unless they stealth changed that!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea its cc immunity as soon as bubble hits. But you shouldnt be cc'd while in the bubble. Unless they stealth changed that!

Yea exactly sorry I should have been more clear I'm trying to make quick posts between jobs.

Yesterday at bleaks defending against some DC I got the bubble on me and casted shokc reach and it knocked me down. I've had this happen a bunch of times I'm gonna try and test it in less zergy situations and see if it's an actual thing or just some lag/delay/reflect nonsense.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    @BNOC For the most part Acuity seems to proc when I want it to--that is, while I'm DoTing up an enemy w/ reflective light and clench. Once it procs, all I have to do is spam jabs and finish off with crescent sweep while admiring all those beautiful yellow dmg numbers on my screen. :smiley:

Acuity + a damage set? What is your defense set? Is that in light armor?

Acuity requires a damage set with it unless you're running some other config. And a good DK will stun/root you if they notice their HP just went to half or below.

Curious and curious.
    I'm actually running transmutation with it. In CP PVP I'd ideally run spinners but in BGs I feel too squishy without a defensive 5pc. I find that with a glass cannon build I waste too many Acuity procs just turtling up and trying to stay alive.

I still have something like 3.5k spell dmg fully buffed + extra crit dmg from shadow mundus and minor force (via channeled acceleration) which should be enough to kill most people in BGs.

As for monster set I go back and forth between Balrogh and Troll King.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find its always cast on me in Templar vs Templar fights when I’m putting a lot of pressure on but just instantly break it (when I see it) for the immunity and to try get back on the kill.

What can we cast that doesn’t proc td, is there anything? That way I can just sit the duration-1 attacking, break on 1 for the immunity and carry on.

At the minute I just insta break, or put the house down, rebuff and break.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think about war maiden weapons and jewels plus shackle heavy?
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    What do you think about war maiden weapons and jewels plus shackle heavy?

If you use mainly class abilities, instead of war maiden, try Innate Axiom set since it buffs damage and healing abilities, and its crafted!
    In pve or pvp, if you use more destro staff abilities, War Maiden will be better ofc
    For crit build, Julianos probably will outperform both although with less spell power