Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    miteba wrote: »
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    What do you think about war maiden weapons and jewels plus shackle heavy?

If you use mainly class abilities, instead of war maiden, try Innate Axiom set since it buffs damage and healing abilities, and its crafted!
    In pve or pvp, if you use more destro staff abilities, War Maiden will be better ofc
    For crit build, Julianos probably will outperform both although with less spell power

None of the destro abilities, save proc DMG off force pulse, are magic. War maiden will boost your solar barrage, jabs, cresent, total dark and burning light DMG. If you have the stamina, and stamina sustain, then axiom might be less DMG. I run imperial and axiom gives me too much stamina but less damage while war maiden gives mostly mag and stars n addition to the 400 mag DMG boost.

Bol/vamp bane are not too far away from each other on tooltips so I don't use axiom for that reason.

If he's going heavy, war maiden will be better because heavy is giving him Stam sustain so he might not need the Stam from axiom.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you use mainly class abilities, instead of war maiden, try Innate Axiom set since it buffs damage and healing abilities, and its crafted!
    In pve or pvp, if you use more destro staff abilities, War Maiden will be better ofc
    For crit build, Julianos probably will outperform both although with less spell power

Why would someone who uses a lot of Destro staff abilities want war maiden?
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    None of the destro abilities, save proc DMG off force pulse, are magic.

???
    I think all destro staff damage skills use magic damage with the exception of force shock and its morph crushing shock, right?

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Destruction+Staff+Skills

So, in my case, my pvp magplar uses Axiom since it only uses class abilities, with some utility abilities exceptions, although i carry the destro staff.

My other mag characters use War Maiden since i use Destro staff abilities more frequently, in pve as pvp.

Off course i use other sets, because i have many Alts and in Pve my set builds rarely changes... but in pvp i use different sets, in light or heavy, depending the state of pvp, if solo or group or pug, the hours of pvp (late hours you will find more experienced veteran players, because casuals already left) etc etc
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭

Why would someone who uses a lot of Destro staff abilities want war maiden?

I assumed that magic damage from destro staffs skills would be buffed from war maiden, since it gives 400 spell damage for magic abilities ...
    English is not my main language and eso tooltips are sometimes a pain in the @ss...
    Edited by miteba on March 31, 2019 5:43PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

???
    I think all destro staff damage skills use magic damage with the exception of force shock and its morph crushing shock, right?

So, in my case, my pvp magplar uses Axiom since it only uses class abilities, with some utility abilities exceptions, although i carry the destro staff.

My other mag characters use War Maiden since i use Destro staff abilities more frequently, in pve as pvp.

Off course i use other sets, because i have many Alts and in Pve my set builds rarely changes... but in pvp i use different sets, in light or heavy, depending the state of pvp, if solo or group or pug, the hours of pvp (late hours you will find more experienced veteran players, because casuals already left) etc etc

Tooltip says magic till you slot it. Then it turns into the elemental dang that matches the staff.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    So let me try to understand, because im in the perfect thread for it, right? 👊

If i use, lets say, destructive clench, it will apply direct and dot "magic" damage to my enemy (as in tooltip)... So it is a magic ability, or am i wrong?

If i have My innate Axiom it will not be buffed with the 5th piece because is not a class skill, right?
    If i have War Maiden, which adds spell damage to my magic abilities, it should buff the skill... Thats my line of thinking but lets wait for explanations 😰
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭

???

Tooltip says magic till you slot it. Then it turns into the elemental dang that matches the staff.

Thanks for the info... I'll check when back home...
    We are in a constant process or learning and as i said earlier, this game has some flaws in tooltips and hidden information...
    Or my english grammar sucks and thats it 🙊

EDIT: Sorry for the rant, but now that i think about it, what is the logic of the tooltips saying magic damage if the damage changes for the staff element??? It will only mislead...
    Obviously you know that it changes when u put an elemental glyph, or use poisons, but... Bah
    Edited by miteba on March 31, 2019 6:15PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If i use, lets say, destructive clench, it will apply direct and dot "magic" damage to my enemy (as in tooltip)... So it is a magic ability, or am i wrong?

If i have My innate Axiom it will not be buffed with the 5th piece because is not a class skill, right?
    If i have War Maiden, which adds spell damage to my magic abilities, it should buff the skill... Thats my line of thinking but lets wait for explanations 😰

Wrong, clench/reach tool tip says magik dmg un till you slot a staff, then that dmg becomes elemental depending on the staff you slot,. Innate axiom is far superior on a templar than war maiden as there isn't many skills than do magik dmg, and templars primarily use class skills
    Edited by Syiccal on March 31, 2019 6:15PM
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Wrong, clench/reach tool tip says magik dmg un till you slot a staff, then that dmg becomes elemental depending on the staff you slot,. Innate axiom is far superior on a templar than war maiden as there isn't many skills than do magik dmg, and templars primarily use class skills

Thanks for the info @Syiccal, although @Minno already stated it

Yep, i use Axiom on my magplar but it seems i use War Maiden in 2 other characters based on a wrong premise (that i wasnt aware of)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info @Syiccal, although @Minno already stated it

Yep, i use Axiom on my magplar but it seems i use War Maiden in 2 other characters based on a wrong premise (that i wasnt aware of)

You can still use war maiden on astaff. Just make sure you maximize the set by using as many Templar/magic DMG should as possible.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Rattlecage worth farming? I am testing pirate skeleton, desert rose and pariah for no-cp but thinking about changing pariah with rattlecage.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo rattlecage is only worth farming if you really cant or don't want to use entropy/degeneration, other wise there is better options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm by no means an expert on Magicka Templar - mine isn't in the high MMR BG games yet, and is still way too squishy to be effective vs solid players - but Rattlecage seems like a fairly decent set to me. You get some spell damage and HP, it frees up a bar slot, and makes it pretty easy to either build 5 light/2 heavy, or use 5 heavy if you prefer. 'Course, I have a hard time believing that one could be truly effective in an offensive capacity with 5 heavy...as Magicka, anyway.

There are lots of things that are more deserving of a bar slot than Entropy/Degeneration. Its damage may as well be non-existent, it provides the shortest duration Major damage buff that I can think of, and is just all around a junk skill (though I suppose it's less-bad if you're running Skoria). But, other than using Rattlecage or Spell Power potions, it's your only option for Major Sorcery.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techprince wrote: »
    Is Rattlecage worth farming? I am testing pirate skeleton, desert rose and pariah for no-cp but thinking about changing pariah with rattlecage.

Nah, I would either run Degeneration or spell pots. Even if you don't, you get Major Sorc anytime you run with a DK on your team. There are many better options.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »

Nah, I would either run Degeneration or spell pots. Even if you don't, you get Major Sorc anytime you run with a DK on your team. There are many better options.

spell power pots are the better option followed by DK. this is because our crit buff requires an actual hit and is inconsistent for a majority of fights that result in dodging.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

spell power pots are the better option followed by DK. this is because our crit buff requires an actual hit and is inconsistent for a majority of fights that result in dodging.

Yeah, much preferable over Degeneration. For those who rely on tri-pots, you can just replace them with Repentance in place of Degen, and still have one skill slot free where Vamp Bane used to be. That is if you don't need it for Skoria...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, much preferable over Degeneration. For those who rely on tri-pots, you can just replace them with Repentance in place of Degen, and still have one skill slot free where Vamp Bane used to be. That is if you don't need it for Skoria...

If oyu have the right race, and gear setup, restoring rune instead of channeled focus is pretty much the same thing as a tri-pot. But I wouldnt swap out vamps bane if you want to use solar barrage+light attacks off a staff because the ranged pressure into AOE melee pressure is core-templar identity.

ele drain+imperial+absorb mag enchant = roughly 2k effective regen. Adding channeled focus would only be 2480 effective regen, but if you went restoring rune, you turn your 500 stam regen into 980 effective regen.
    Edited by Minno on April 1, 2019 8:29PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've used pots before as my main source of both Major Sorcery and Major Prophecy. I was spending way too much gold on pots, easily 20-40k daily, i don't know how anyone could maintain that for a prolonged period of time. Not to mention tri pots are too valuable defensively.

To each their own, i guess.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    I've used pots before as my main source of both Major Sorcery and Major Prophecy. I was spending way too much gold on pots, easily 20-40k daily, i don't know how anyone could maintain that for a prolonged period of time. Not to mention tri pots are too valuable defensively.

To each their own, i guess.

should be able to make 20-40k gold in an hour though lol. Helps to only play once or twice a week lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like to use spell power potions in pvp. I was using Degeneration but i already have 3 skills to precast and didn't want one more. Infact i got bored of casting vamp bane in BG's and replaced it with Innerlight. BG is way to fast to keep precasting 3 skills on all targets.
    Edited by techprince on April 2, 2019 12:23PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think spellpower pots pair really well with vampirism.

-The small bonus to stam regen partially offsets the need for major endurance
    -Mist form allows you to get out of roots without spending stam
    -Committing a skillslot to mist form makes your bars pretty tight, so vamps get a lot more value from being able to unslot entropy.

I haven’t been running vamp recently though, so I’ll be sticking to tri-pots for now.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on April 2, 2019 12:54PM
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you learn to sustain and survive whilst stacking damage on templar. You will ascend.

For the Queen bby
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you learn to sustain and survive whilst stacking damage on templar. You will ascend.

Depends on the spec. If you have 2k effective regen without stacking fully into regen, templar is a great place to be. Magplar does need 1 or 2 defense sets due to no dodge rolling and lack of proactive defense, but only possible if you crutch on ele drain and light armor.

1200-1500 regen is all that is needed, correct!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like to use spell power potions in pvp. I was using Degeneration but i already have 3 skills to precast and didn't want one more. Infact i got bored of casting vamp bane in BG's and replaced it with Innerlight. BG is way to fast to keep precasting 3 skills on all targets.

yea the TTK is generally lower in nCP anyway so boosting the skills you use most is preferably anyway.

Down to preference!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally bit the bullet and cured vamp, let's see how I get on. With every man and there dog either using fire or DB it was time to go,
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally bit the bullet and cured vamp, let's see how I get on. With every man and there dog either using fire or DB it was time to go,

Welcome to the light! Use stead, race against time, restoring rune, burst-sprint (only use Sprint every other second). You will feel much better and feel faster. Just reposition and decide when you want to engage.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have tried the cure, but the frustration of not able to reposition and get away from the angry mob and to not able to remove snares effectively was high enough to become vamp again.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have tried the cure, but the frustration of not able to reposition and get away from the angry mob and to not able to remove snares effectively was high enough to become vamp again.

It's all about that reposition game. And you need steed because everyone is running speed buffs .
    Edited by Minno on April 4, 2019 1:20PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is infused jewllery considered better than arcane - Pvp
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is infused jewllery considered better than arcane - Pvp

they are about the same for mag builds. Reason being staffs have less dmg than 2h/DW weapons so you arent pumping the stats high enough to justify wasting the gems to transmute.

Arcane, triune, and protective are better for mag builds. in nCP this might be different though.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual