The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Are you happy with the racial changes that most likely will go live?

• cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    We have 10 races in eso. 3 or 4 of them will be vailable to do content. Nuff said... :fearful:

Every single race is viable for any kind of content. There is no discussion on that. Some of them might be more competitive than others but this is the whole point of competitive. Things can only be equally good if they are exactly the same.

They could have easily adjusted values to bring all of the races closer together. All it would have taken is minor tweaks.

If we're still going to have clear-cut meta races, what was the point of this patch?

I think no matter what, there will always be a clear cut meta though.

This is what people who are new to MMORPG's don't seem to understand. There will always be meta, there will always be a want or a need to min/max. It's not as bad with this game but the philosophy of min/max is still strong
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely!
    simeion wrote: »
    Bosmer: Dodge roll passive still sucks
    Argonian: 1500 health

These are the only two differences I would make.

poor altmer tears ruined these changes for you guys :(
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    Khajiit's basically instead of ganker role are now useless. Say farewell to those few khajiit dk's, templars. This passive unusable in pvp. Good job Zos.

@SilverPaws Not necessarily. Just do a bit of theory crafting m8, youll find a solution just like I did^^

They will be worse than on live and on live khajiit's are already falling behind. There is reason you don't see so much khajiit's outside of gankers in cyro. Of course it can work, but it will be even harder to play non nb khajiit and in outnumbered it will be just bad.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really...
    No reason I could possibly imagine that Redguards wouldn't get weapon damage.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am mostly fine with the changes.

Don't think Stamina Regen fits to Altmers, but the 5% templars-only damage reduction is the biggest disappointment.

The 15% snare reduction on Reguards was unwarranted.

And Orcs could use some slight adjustment downwards

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    No.

Orc will be the defacto "you should play this race" if you are a stam build.

Magicka has a bit more leeway, but still not much.

Khajiits kind of got screwed, but you all will love them when they gank you in pvp for crazy damage on auto crits.

Bosmer's role dodge buff sucks.

Argonians are not competitive in any role really outside of tanking and I'll bet 90% of those saying it's strong for PvP won't be running them. (If I was able to choose a passive pack to go with my chosen race - none of my 15 guys would be using Argonian racials).

The gap might be a little less in power than it used to be in some instances, but it's still glaringly obvious where the shortcomings in balance are and how easy it would be to tweak things and improve it. And for all the talk of "races are only XXDPS apart" in parsing - we all know this gap will widen as live gets a hold of this and the weeks go back and people get more polished.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    xaraan wrote: »
    The gap might be a little less in power than it used to be in some instances, but it's still glaringly obvious where the shortcomings in balance are and how easy it would be to tweak things and improve it.

Tweaking things requires testing, and we all know ZOS ain't about that life. They just throw *** at a wall and hope something sticks.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 18, 2019 8:34PM
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some are nice, others are not.
    I do think that if they were going to go over budget on two races (Bretons with their flavor addition and orcs), they should not be races from the same alliance.

While I'm concerned about how noticeable the loss of Altmer mag regen will be, it's consoling to fantasize about the likely reaction to dodge rolling pet sorcs and magplars.

The change I feel worst about is the Bosmers losing their stealth bonus. In a game that includes a Thieves Guild and a Dark Brotherhood DLC that really hits at the reason that I'm sure a good number of people rolled Bosmer. It's not just about damage. It's about how folks spend their time in-game and play their characters. "If you want stealth, you have to play Khajiit" doesn't seem to me to be at all in the spirit of having choice in how you play your character. And I don't even have a wood elf.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer outsustains redguard, the supposed stam sustain race in at least 3 out of the 5 classes while having a speed bonus and resists. Yes the 258 stam regen is much more than you think in reality. The snare resistance is borderline useless especially when it is multiplicative. Every race but redguard has some sort of dmg mitigation or hp passive

Bosmer has lost its flavor in a way by removing stealth detection radius reduction and stealth damage. Kinda strange that a tiny bosmer is just as noticable as a large orc or nord.
    Edited by JobooAGS on February 18, 2019 8:41PM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    not really looking forward to the orc / breton meta next patch tbh
    Edited by ATomiX96 on February 18, 2019 8:37PM
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    Altmer should have had magicka sustain tool. That is the only big issue I have.

Minor adjustments:
    - Bosmer dodgeroll passive is too PvP focused. should have something useful for PvE too.
    - Dunmer is strong but lacks flavour. Mag version is identical to Altmer, which is boring.
    - According to most test, Orc is mildly over performing as stamina DPS race.
    Edited by Sinolai on February 18, 2019 8:43PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    This patch started off promising and just got progressively worse in my eyes.

Altmer lost their sustain and are now practically indistinguishable from Dunmer.
    Bosmer lost its stealth passive for more Dodging Shenanigans.
    Khajiit traded Thief Mundus for Shadow Mundus, coming up short n comparison to Dunmer.
    Nords are still shoehorned Tanks
    Argonians are still shoehorned Healers but worse than before.
    Orc is beating everyone else into submission.

The only change I can honestly say I'm fine with are those for Imperial, Breton and Redguard. Everything else was awful.
    Argonian forever
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a game, I am pretty sure I can adapt to these changes, and if not I will find something else to play.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Bosmer losing stealth is horrible. And just in time for the TG/DB anniversary.

Yay. <= this is sarcasm
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sabbathius wrote: »
    You gotta remember what the ultimate purpose of these changes is, and always has been - money. As long as race change sells for cash, there's a strong financial incentive for the developers to poorly balance racials, so that a year down the line they can repeat the process, once again in the name of balance, and have the feeble-minded pay to race change to the optimal race yet again. And again, and again.

The only thing I can tell anyone who is unhappy - DO NOT FALL FOR THE TRICK! Stay whatever race you are. In a year or two, you are virtually guaranteed that ZOS will spin the wheel again, and your race might be optimal once more. It is a strange game they are playing, and the only way to win is not to p(l)ay.
    Not really, they are they are simply trying to balance the mess they created 5 years ago.
    Year 1945 comes to mind for some reason. And yes afterwards ultimate got a bit OP.

And yes if you want to pay 2.5K x 4 times a year for 50 damage/second emulated Its your fetish.
    Lets exploit it :lol:
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    I'm not happy because I empathize with all the people who are unhappy.

My main Main got nerfed - Argonian, but he's used to it, as he also is a magsorc

My second Main got really buffed - Dunmer Stamplar

I just see too many unhappy people to be happy myself.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    I'm sure there are people who are happy with the changes that impact their preferred races to play, but I am not one of them. Some absolutely garbage changes....
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No just shows that PvP is more important than pve in gameplay with these PvP exclusive ablitiies.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Tasear wrote: »
    No just shows that PvP is more important than pve in gameplay with these PvP exclusive ablitiies.

Promoting Wheeler to the role of combat design lead was a huge mistake that is only going to become more apparent as time goes on. They either need a PvE and PvP lead with equal power to keep one another in check, or they need to separate the two modes.

At the rate things are going right now, The Elder Scrolls Online will be PvP Scrolls Online by next year.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 18, 2019 9:00PM
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Promoting Wheeler to the role of combat design lead was a huge mistake that is only going to become more apparent as time goes on. They either need a PvE and PvP lead with equal power to keep one another in check, or they need to separate the tow modes.

At the rate things are going right now, The Elder Scrolls Online will be PvP Scrolls Online by next year.

Yeah I can not disagree when I see more focus on PvP ascepts instead of balance between the two.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely!
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Bosmer outsustains redguard, the supposed stam sustain race in at least 3 out of the 5 classes while having a speed bonus and resists. Yes the 258 stam regen is much more than you think in reality. The snare resistance is borderline useless especially when it is multiplicative. Every race but redguard has some sort of dmg mitigation or hp passive

Bosmer has lost its flavor in a way by removing stealth detection radius reduction and stealth damage. Kinda strange that a tiny bosmer is just as noticable as a large orc or nord.

Redguard is good on anything that uses a weapon skill as a main attack, so Wardens/Stam Sorcs/Stam DK

And also....Magicka Sorc...right now you can make an absolutely beast most Magicka Sorc with Redguard.

• Razorback174
    Razorback174
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!

Promoting Wheeler to the role of combat design lead was a huge mistake that is only going to become more apparent as time goes on. They either need a PvE and PvP lead with equal power to keep one another in check, or they need to separate the two modes.

ESO Battle Royale!! Coming SOON!
    Edited by Razorback174 on February 18, 2019 9:10PM
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    Only things that could change a bit is spell recharge for altmers to literly anything else and maybe make khajit crit damage 12%
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for some, but I'm unsubbing. I'm destroying or migrating my bank contents over to chests and using the banker for mats from now on. And I'll stick to PvP where there are fewer inventory problems and I can abuse this stupid new Altmer passive to the fullest. I need to finish getting my stars, anyway.

I guess I was wrong about Wrobel all along. He made some doozies, but stam regen on Altmer is the single worst decision in all ESO dev history.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    Pretty happy all-around. It's not perfect but it's a huge step in the right direction.

My initial plan for my 3 free race-change tokens is to go:

Redguard Stamden-->Khajiit Stamden. I find stamden sustain to be a bit worse than stamblade sustain, so I'll take that +85 stam regen that Khajiit have over Orcs.

Redguard Stamblade-->Orc Stamblade. No sustain issues so I'll go for pure damage.

Dunmer Magblade-->Breton Magblade. This is my mini-trial progression main, so fights can drag on.

My Redguard Stamsorc, Redguard Stamplar, Altmer Magsorc, Altmer Magden, and Altmer Magplar all seem perfectly fine for now. I'd consider changing that Stamplar to Bosmer if I had another race change token.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Pretty happy all-around. It's not perfect but it's a huge step in the right direction.

My initial plan for my 3 free race-change tokens is to go:

Redguard Stamden-->Khajiit Stamden. I find stamden sustain to be a bit worse than stamblade sustain, so I'll take that +85 stam regen that Khajiit have over Orcs.

Redguard Stamblade-->Orc Stamblade. No sustain issues so I'll go for pure damage.

Dunmer Magblade-->Breton Magblade. This is my mini-trial progression main, so fights can drag on.

My Redguard Stamsorc, Redguard Stamplar, Altmer Magsorc, Altmer Magden, and Altmer Magplar all seem perfectly fine for now. I'd consider changing that Stamplar to Bosmer if I had another race change token.

@LiquidPony Would you still say for sNB that Khajiit would be perfectly viable?
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this point I'm so frustrated with the developers (not just for the racial changes) that I don't care if they give Altmer the ability to PROC an immediate proxy det after regaining stamina from spell recharge; I'm saving the money I would have spent here on CROWN CRATES for Camelot Unchained.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to know which developer was truly committed to the Elder Scrolls series and universe before coming to ESO. By committed, I mean, more than a few play-throughs of a game to catch the flavor of the series or because the game was "cool to play" when it was released. Some of these racial passives show zero basis in established lore. Sure, they can be "shoehorned" into lore somehow, but that's not the same thing. And the established lore surrounding racial abilities can be made to work with an MMO - so that's no excuse either.

I fear that over time, ESO is slowly losing it's Elder Scrolls soul.

Edited by The_Lex on February 18, 2019 9:23PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Redguard is good on anything that uses a weapon skill as a main attack, so Wardens/Stam Sorcs/Stam DK

And also....Magicka Sorc...right now you can make an absolutely beast most Magicka Sorc with Redguard.

But bosmer is better for sustain (which redguard is supposed to excel at) and orc for damage for stam. With bosmer's and orc's high mobility, orc's tankyness and high dmg, and bosmer' high regen, why choose a redguard? Dont say the snare reduction passive. It turns a 40% snare into a 34% snare. And a 70% snare into a 59.5% snare. With most stam builds running shuffle/fm this is moot.

For mag, I can agree with you somewhat, though you have to admit it seems a bit off. A stam race as a mag toon.
    Even so, Altmer has much more damage while having good stam sustain.