The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Are you happy with the racial changes that most likely will go live?

• Aela_Dragonrider
    Aela_Dragonrider
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    My StamDK Nord main is all about damage. The increased defense will be kiiiiinda nice...but in the end, probably moot for me. Nords are great warriors at least on par with the Redguards (yes, im a Nord fan). Why should the Redguards and Orcs get 2000 stam and stam/health restores and reduced weapon skill cost or increased weapon damage while we Nords get 1500 stam , 1000 health, and 5 ult when hit every 5 sec?

What gets me is this: Once every 5 sec, Redgaurds can get 950 stam when they deal Direct Damage. Once every 4 sec, Orcs can get up to 600 health when they deal damage with a weapon. Nords will only get 5 ult every 5 sec if they are hit. The Nords get nothing for dealing damage, only taking damage. Good for tanks, not so much for someone like me who is all about nuking the enemy down with minimal damage taken as I am not built for tanking.

And I can easily get 3-4 times that much stam and health from food.

My other main is a Bosmer thief who heavily relies on stealth and all I have to say about their new passive is: :'(

• Marcus_Thracius
    Marcus_Thracius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    you want to steal - race change to cat
    bosmer is dead - go orc now - fengrush knew it all along - orc master race
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Not very happy, at the moment.

Confused as to what they are doing.

Losing improved stealth on my Bosmer and have a boost to pen that; a) only kicks in after dodge rolling (so, pretty situational) and b) will be useless to anyone already at cap.

Although, I'm fairly happy about the speed boost after dodge rolling, as I tend to roll a lot, anyway.
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    My StamDK Nord main is all about damage. The increased defense will be kiiiiinda nice...but in the end, probably moot for me. Nords are great warriors at least on par with the Redguards (yes, im a Nord fan). Why should the Redguards and Orcs get 2000 stam and stam/health restores and reduced weapon skill cost or increased weapon damage while we Nords get 1500 stam , 1000 health, and 5 ult when hit every 5 sec?

What gets me is this: Once every 5 sec, Redgaurds can get 950 stam when they deal Direct Damage. Once every 4 sec, Orcs can get up to 600 health when they deal damage with a weapon. Nords will only get 5 ult every 5 sec if they are hit. The Nords get nothing for dealing damage, only taking damage. Good for tanks, not so much for someone like me who is all about nuking the enemy down with minimal damage taken as I am not built for tanking.

And I can easily get 3-4 times that much stam and health from food.

My other main is a Bosmer thief who heavily relies on stealth and all I have to say about their new passive is: :'(

Nords are not on par with Redguards. From a lore perspective this game represents Nords well.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Olauron wrote: »
    More "nuanced"? People didn't choose Altmer because all of the three racials were somehow catered towards "magic". They chose Altmer because it was the best choice to do so when playing a Magicka build. Y'all wouldn't even care if 2/3 racials are crap but the third one is making you clearly superior to others.
    That's just absurd. I chose Altmer because they are everything about magic. Only Ayleid could be better but there is no opportunity to use this race in ESO. I chose Altmer for my Direnni Stamina Templar because this race is everything about magic as it should be even for this character.

Okay. What's the problem then? The racial is named "Spell Recharge" and you're playing a Stamina character e.g. directly benefit from the change.

As there are no rules or guidelines for what can be accounted as "magic racials" or not there shouldn't exist a problem at all for you. Altmer are still "everything about magic" (well that's not even 100% lore-conform as Altmer are not 100% about magic but don't mind).

You do realize that Spell Recharge has nothing to do with more viability as a Stamina character, right? A Stamina character would get Magicka back from that passive. No one benefits from that passive.

A stam dk would actually greatly benefit from that passive or do we forget the dk helping hand passive? Im not saying a stam dk will choose altmer but hey you never know. A sorc gets partial refunded of dark conversion. A warden casting their netch will benefit a nightblade casting siphoning strike will benefit a Templar casting a class skill will benefit. The problem isn’t the passive itself it’s the lack of looking into it’s major utility. Looking at the flower and forgetting the garden
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Uryel wrote: »
    Letho2469 wrote: »
    So, if you consider a developer changing a game to be an insult to players, then you probably better don't bother with computer games at all. Just saying ;)

You go to a restaurant and order a specific meal. The waiter says "excellent choice, sir, this one is particularly tasty !", then proceeds to bring you the plate. You start eating ,and after one bite, the waiter takes your plate away and brings you something entirely different. Something you don't even like, and not even worth half the price of what you ordered. He still charges you for what you ordered.

But hey, at least you got a meal, so you probably shouldn't feel cheated, right ?

Yeah unless you ordered that plate several years ago, waited in that restaurant until it was rotten and still swallowed it, your comparison is absurd. You know why? Because you ordered nothing recently to begin with. And you have the free choice to not eat what you've ordered years ago and don't like anymore (oh but you've eaten it year after year until you realized it doesn't taste good anymore).

Oops, now I answered to that horrible comparison and made it even more absurd. Well nevermind. Tomorrow you'll either eat your meal or change the restaurant. Or you just make a scene and embarrass yourself in front of the other guests because your steak was one time medium instead of medium rare.

What on earth are you wittering on about?
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    you want to steal - race change to cat
    bosmer is dead - go orc now - fengrush knew it all along - orc master race

It's astonishingly obvious that some of the balance was very poorly thought out. Destroy an essential racial trait and gameplay style that is Bosmer stealth with a lame excuse about wanting to open up stealth but leaving Khajiit with their bonus? WTH? Stamina and Altmer in the same sentence speaks for itself.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    My problem is that races and classes are still shoehorned into boxes. No Redguard magicka users, for example. You have a redguard, you have to play stamina. Tough.

why is that a problem though?. you're build starts with your race, you choose your race based on what you're wanting to do with your character, so the choice serves a purpose rather than meaningless fluff.
    Invictus
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not really...

I support rolling that back for a stealth buff for Bosmers.

No, that wouldn't work, as the roll/pen isn't supposed to be a replacement for improved stealth.

If you rolled back anything for it, it would presumably have to be its direct replacement (improved stealth detection).

The roll/pen was just trying to make up for the fact that Bosmer (still) didn't have a DPS boosting passive.

Doesn't really work, though, as; a) it's not a passive (and what you have to do to get it is quite situational) and b) if you're already pen capped it will add nothing.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 25, 2019 5:16PM
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Tigerseye wrote: »

I support rolling that back for a stealth buff for Bosmers.

No, that wouldn't work, as the roll/pen isn't supposed to be a replacement for improved stealth.

If you rolled back anything for it, it would presumably have to be its direct replacement (improved stealth detection).

The roll/pen was just trying to make up for the fact that Bosmer (still) didn't have a DPS boosting passive.

Doesn't really work, though, as; a) it's not a passive (and what you have to do to get it is quite situational) and b) if you're already pen capped it will add nothing.

Redguards don't have a damage boost either. Both you and I (assuming u'r a Woodelf) just have our 2k Stam.

? Of course it would work, why wouldn't it? It's my personal opinion on what to replace (the roll dodge stuff) for stealth goodies for wood elves.

I like the idea of wood elf stealth detection, they are known for being hunters. Makes sense and sounds sweet for PvP.
    Edited by CurvedSwords123 on February 25, 2019 5:45PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Masel wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    All parses and math I have seen show that these races are all within a margin that can be put down to human error and chance at this point, and it baffles me how big of a deal these tiny differences are to many people. This is the first time I understand that you simply can't do it right. People will complain whatever change is coming, and it is quite difficult to filter out unbiased reasonable feedback.

So fact that orc is somehow first place for any stamina class at averaged series of 20 parses for each class is within human error limits?

Orc and dunmer are best parsers for a very specific reason, and that is the one that food buffs such as artaeum broth and dubious throne provide too much without a real tradeoff. With them, damage races can get both higher sustain and damage than the sustain counterparts.

These debates are proof of people not seeing the bigger picture at this time. Orc and dunmer outparse them because sustain can be achieved without a more significant tradeoff, not because their stats are OP.

Reducing their stats would decrease their stat density budget unjustifiably, because the issue lies elsewhere.

This would jive except Orcs are still at the top with blue food with Absorb stam enchant while having 1k more health. This seems to be a pretty big oversight.

I appreciate the testing you have done in the past, but Orcs are not on par stat wise, they are ahead.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..