The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Are you happy with the racial changes that most likely will go live?

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Pretty happy all-around. It's not perfect but it's a huge step in the right direction.

My initial plan for my 3 free race-change tokens is to go:

Redguard Stamden-->Khajiit Stamden. I find stamden sustain to be a bit worse than stamblade sustain, so I'll take that +85 stam regen that Khajiit have over Orcs.

Redguard Stamblade-->Orc Stamblade. No sustain issues so I'll go for pure damage.

Dunmer Magblade-->Breton Magblade. This is my mini-trial progression main, so fights can drag on.

My Redguard Stamsorc, Redguard Stamplar, Altmer Magsorc, Altmer Magden, and Altmer Magplar all seem perfectly fine for now. I'd consider changing that Stamplar to Bosmer if I had another race change token.

@LiquidPony Would you still say for sNB that Khajiit would be perfectly viable?

I think so. On solo parses I see about 750 DPS advantage on average for Orc (which is about a 1.25% difference), but Khajiit does have slightly better sustain and nearly the same max health bonus. If I had a Khajiit Stamblade on Live I don't think I'd feel an urgent need to change it. You should be able to run gold food on a PvE Khajiit Stamblade and be perfectly set without having to adjust anything else, too.
    Edited by LiquidPony on February 18, 2019 9:29PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Bosmer outsustains redguard, the supposed stam sustain race in at least 3 out of the 5 classes while having a speed bonus and resists. Yes the 258 stam regen is much more than you think in reality. The snare resistance is borderline useless especially when it is multiplicative. Every race but redguard has some sort of dmg mitigation or hp passive

Bosmer has lost its flavor in a way by removing stealth detection radius reduction and stealth damage. Kinda strange that a tiny bosmer is just as noticable as a large orc or nord.

Redguard is good on anything that uses a weapon skill as a main attack, so Wardens/Stam Sorcs/Stam DK

And also....Magicka Sorc...right now you can make an absolutely beast most Magicka Sorc with Redguard.

But bosmer is better for sustain (which redguard is supposed to excel at) and orc for damage for stam. With bosmer's and orc's high mobility, orc's tankyness and high dmg, and bosmer' high regen, why choose a redguard? Dont say the snare reduction passive. It turns a 40% snare into a 34% snare. And a 70% snare into a 59.5% snare. With most stam builds running shuffle/fm this is moot.

For mag, I can agree with you somewhat, though you have to admit it seems a bit off. A stam race as a mag toon.
    Even so, Altmer has much more damage while having good stam sustain.

You're better off with Redguard if you use a weapon spammable (Rapid Strikes, Shrouded Daggers, Rending Slashes, Wrecking Blow, etc.). You're better off with Bosmer if you don't. Both still have excellent sustain for all stam builds.

I can't say for PvP, but for PvE, I'd pick Redguard over Bosmer on a stamsorc and stamDK. Stamplars will see slightly better sustain as a Bosmer but the 8% cost reduction of Ballista for a Redguard is a factor as well. That 8% cost reduction on weapon ultimates may move the needle for some PvP builds as well.
    Edited by LiquidPony on February 18, 2019 9:30PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    The_Lex wrote: »
    I'd like to know which developer was truly committed to the Elder Scrolls series and universe before coming to ESO. By committed, I mean, more than a few play-throughs of a game to catch the flavor of the series or because the game was "cool to play" when it was released. Some of these racial passives show zero basis in established lore. Sure, they can be "shoehorned" into lore somehow, but that's not the same thing. And the established lore surrounding racial abilities can be made to work with an MMO - so that's no excuse either.

I fear that over time, ESO is slowly losing it's Elder Scrolls soul.

That's what happens when you shift the focus of the game to PvP.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    Pretty happy all-around. It's not perfect but it's a huge step in the right direction.

My initial plan for my 3 free race-change tokens is to go:

Redguard Stamden-->Khajiit Stamden. I find stamden sustain to be a bit worse than stamblade sustain, so I'll take that +85 stam regen that Khajiit have over Orcs.

Redguard Stamblade-->Orc Stamblade. No sustain issues so I'll go for pure damage.

Dunmer Magblade-->Breton Magblade. This is my mini-trial progression main, so fights can drag on.

My Redguard Stamsorc, Redguard Stamplar, Altmer Magsorc, Altmer Magden, and Altmer Magplar all seem perfectly fine for now. I'd consider changing that Stamplar to Bosmer if I had another race change token.

@LiquidPony Would you still say for sNB that Khajiit would be perfectly viable?

I think so. On solo parses I see about 750 DPS advantage on average for Orc (which is about a 1.25% difference), but Khajiit does have slightly better sustain and nearly the same max health bonus. If I had a Khajiit Stamblade on Live I don't think I'd feel an urgent need to change it. You should be able to run gold food on a PvE Khajiit Stamblade and be perfectly set without having to adjust anything else, too.

Cool. Thanks.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    They will probably pull the same stunt they did in HotR and Summerset, where they will completely alter something, or obliterate something with their nerf hammer right at the last minute when the patch is getting pushed to Live.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    They will probably pull the same stunt they did in HotR and Summerset, where they will completely alter something, or obliterate something with their nerf hammer right at the last minute when the patch is getting pushed to Live.

I would not be surprised at all if they do something to the Orc max health bonus or nerf The Shadow back down a tad before we go live, tbh.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Bosmer dodge roll passive is terrible
    Edited by Starlight_Knight on February 18, 2019 9:41PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely!
    Pretty much yes. They are more balanced than ever in this game and still offer differences between each race. I think much of the disgruntle comments is people wanting their favorite races to be stronger but the point of this was to offer more balance and choices overall.
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    Some are nice, others are not.
    idk wrote: »
    I think much of the disgruntle comments is people wanting their favorite races to be stronger but the point of this was to offer more balance and choices overall.
    OR people makes some research and see that at least one-third of all races are not-balanced. In addition, some races lose not numbers but their identity. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a mixed bag for me and pretty much everything I think has been said in this thread already. Some got some nice and much needed buffs, while others have lost a bit of their identity and/or competitiveness.

The one that's really bothering me personally though is Altmer: spell recharge makes no sense to me. If I was worried about my off-stat I'd go Dunmer, at least then I'd have the option to respec effectively while being only a tiny bit behind in damage. Also, I have to cast a class skill to activate the passive several times to get the same amount of stamina I get automatically as Dunmer. Then there's Breton, who also has comparable damage with better sustain and stronger defensive passives (the Altmeri defence passive activates with limited abilities as is).

Maybe I have missed something here, but this change just seems awful. If you don't want to give Altmer Magicka sustain for balance, fine, but please give them something else that's more interesting, useful, and last but not least, lore friendly.
    Edited by ListerJMC on February 18, 2019 10:41PM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Argonians are now bottom of the barrel, guess we suit our slave race status again.
    Argonian Master Race
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Don't pigeon hole Redguards into WEP skills. That snare reduction is pointless. Take away some of our sustain and give us scaling passives pls. Why is it we get JUST sustain btw? Don't Bretons get sustain and defense? Why are Bretons & Orcs min maxed for every class and Redguards just for Stamsorc? Why do the best warriors in the lore have the lowest dmg potential & 0 defence?
    Edited by CurvedSwords123 on February 18, 2019 11:48PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some classes will still be on top for damage, though at least from preliminary tests, the difference doesn't seem deal-breaking. Still, I'm unhappy for my Dunmer magNB... compared to Altmer, the max stats are lower, and since fire damage was removed, there is no reason why not to pick Altmer.

I think a picture is emerging, at least for DDs, where some races are more damage oriented but with no sustain, like Dunmer/Orc/Altmer, and some are sustain oriented like Bosmer/Redguard/Breton but with no damage perks, so in making the choice of race, one has to consider how to make up for those, with class passives and skills (and in a more meta way, with the kind of groups one is runnning with).
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    I think this update is a great step forward.

Possibly some more tweaks with Elswyr will be required, but what we're getting is better than what's on live imho and that's what we should judge it against.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm a little annoyed that I'm going to have to race change to a nord in order to be a competitive tank in PVE. For PVP, I'll just delete my argonian and reroll the meta for PVP caster

What race is your tank now?
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    I just want to remind everyone about what happened in HotR PTS with mundus stone rebalancing and how live patch was significantly different than PTS version of changes with that update.

Claiming that current PTS is going live is a very questionable gamble.

If they wanted to make any changes to racials they would have done that in 4.3.3 or 4.3.4. They didn't 4.3.3 had minor adjustments and 4.3.4 absolutely nothing in that regard besides bug fixes. The gamble is to think 4.3.5 will have some huge surprise changes when it comes to racials.

Once again, people who did a lot of testing and figured out all the BiS in 3.1.4 PTS only to find out that in 3.1.5 everything was entirely different would like a word. Things like Kajiit changes from 4.3.3 can happen in 4.3.5 very easily.

I also feel it is very possible to there be some surprises at the patch when it hits Live. I suggest people do NOT make too much plans on race changes and whatnot before that..

Why? They are now monitoring the parses and reactions this week, and if some seem too "strong", a nerf for live patch might happen. Hope nothing overkill though.. since i expect these racials will be locked up then for 2 years atleast for sure.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i main Breton and Orc. so yeah i'm pretty happy.
    Invictus
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Hell NO.

I will not order anymore DLC's this Nerf killed my main character.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Giving High Elves a stamina racial is moronic.
    And after all the discussing, debating, hating and insulting we did last two weeks, ZOS decided to do... nothing.
    It's such a big middlefinger to decades of shaping a world. From a band of youngsters that can't even get a proper camera to their live LAN party. ZOS do not deserve the franchise they've been handed.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    And after all the discussing, debating, hating and insulting we did last two weeks, ZOS decided to do... nothing.
    It's such a big middlefinger to decades of shaping a world. From a band of youngsters that can't even get a proper camera to their live LAN party. ZOS do not deserve the franchise they've been handed.

Lore went out the window the moment Lawrence tendered his resignation. We'll probably have guns in this game by next year.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 18, 2019 10:53PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only issue I have is with Argonian, Dunmer and to a degree, Nord. Argonian and Nord have relative poor stat density given their racial structure and it's hard to quantify things like Ult Gen and Potion restore as they are not typically used in a fixed manner.

Dunmer feels rather stale. Whilst they are certainly middle of the road everywhere (and that's not necessarily bad) they have direct competition with both Altmer and Orc and fall short of both (which is fine). They have niche use in PVP on HA mag builds, but otherwise they don't feel unique.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Lore went out the window the moment Lawrence tendered his resignation. We'll probably have guns in this game by next year.

And lightsabers.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer outsustains redguard, the supposed stam sustain race in at least 3 out of the 5 classes while having a speed bonus and resists. Yes the 258 stam regen is much more than you think in reality. The snare resistance is borderline useless especially when it is multiplicative. Every race but redguard has some sort of dmg mitigation or hp passive

Bosmer has lost its flavor in a way by removing stealth detection radius reduction and stealth damage. Kinda strange that a tiny bosmer is just as noticable as a large orc or nord.

Redguard is good on anything that uses a weapon skill as a main attack, so Wardens/Stam Sorcs/Stam DK

And also....Magicka Sorc...right now you can make an absolutely beast most Magicka Sorc with Redguard.

But bosmer is better for sustain (which redguard is supposed to excel at) and orc for damage for stam. With bosmer's and orc's high mobility, orc's tankyness and high dmg, and bosmer' high regen, why choose a redguard? Dont say the snare reduction passive. It turns a 40% snare into a 34% snare. And a 70% snare into a 59.5% snare. With most stam builds running shuffle/fm this is moot.

For mag, I can agree with you somewhat, though you have to admit it seems a bit off. A stam race as a mag toon.

You're better off with Redguard if you use a weapon spammable (Rapid Strikes, Shrouded Daggers, Rending Slashes, Wrecking Blow, etc.). You're better off with Bosmer if you don't. Both still have excellent sustain for all stam builds.

I can't say for PvP, but for PvE, I'd pick Redguard over Bosmer on a stamsorc and stamDK. Stamplars will see slightly better sustain as a Bosmer but the 8% cost reduction of Ballista for a Redguard is a factor as well. That 8% cost reduction on weapon ultimates may move the needle for some PvP builds as well.

With the sustain, utility and resists bosmer gets, I see no reason to choose redguard over it. A bosmer, unless you are permablocking or sprinting will always have their regen ticking while a redguard needs a target to take full advantage.
  • Sriivah
    Sriivah
    ✭✭✭
    Not really...
    The only people I see being happy with these changes are Orcs (who get to have overloaded passives), Bretons, and Imperials (who are mostly happy to not be garbage anymore).
    Dunmer are okay, if boring, but everyone else needs some help.
    Khajiit are in a worse spot on the PTS than live - they went from second best stam race to third or fourth, and are now pigeonholed into only running crit sets where as before they could run weapon damage or max stam sets. Hooray for Advancing Yokeda or Mother's Sorrow?
    Bosmer roll dodge passive is really, really bad; outside of PvP you either build to underpen in the 75% of the fight that the buff is not up, or have a passive that makes you overpen and gives you a barely-noticeable speed buff after the (rare) roll dodge. Even in Cyrodiil you will frequently get nothing out of the pen buff as someone wastes its uptime doing a dodge roll of their own.
    Argonian passives are just tragic; healing done is undeniably worse than magicka or spell damage even for a healer, their sustain and survivability are vastly inferior to Breton, and the potion passive is still the only racial that requires using a consumable.
    The Altmer spell recharge passive is nonsense, the extra stam probably won't be noticed in Trials and is less efficient in PvP than going Breton and reinvesting some of the extra mag sustain or survivability you would need to spec into as Altmer into stam sustain.
    I play all classes, but I main Stamina Nightblade and Stamina Templar
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Not happy at all. My main magicka characters are not playable to me anymore, and they removed my Bosmer's stealth.

At least I still have my Imperial characters. Im not totally thrilled with their changes, but unlike the magicka ones I believe they are workable.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    If the race change token is a thing my dk orc is going to become a breton, my bosmer nightblade is going to become a khajiit, my argonian sorcerer a dunmer.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!

With the sustain, utility and resists bosmer gets, I see no reason to choose redguard over it. A bosmer, unless you are permablocking or sprinting will always have their regen ticking while a redguard needs a target to take full advantage.

As I said elsewhere, I have actually tested Redguard vs. Bosmer on a variety of builds. If you are using a weapon spammable (Rapid Strikes, Rending Slashes, Shrouded Daggers, or Wrecking Blow), Redguard has better sustain than Bosmer.

Bosmer with Crushing Weapon:
    AtqRD1Z.png

Redguard with Rapid Strikes:
    3Gywtpq.png

In fact, on a Bosmer with Crushing Weapon, even using Lavafoot food, it is not possible to sustain a full LA rotation on a 6mil skeleton. On a Redguard with Rapid Strikes, it is.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Fix Altmer and Bosmer.
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!

As I said elsewhere, I have actually tested Redguard vs. Bosmer on a variety of builds. If you are using a weapon spammable (Rapid Strikes, Rending Slashes, Shrouded Daggers, or Wrecking Blow), Redguard has better sustain than Bosmer.

Bosmer with Crushing Weapon:
    AtqRD1Z.png

Redguard with Rapid Strikes:
    3Gywtpq.png

In fact, on a Bosmer with Crushing Weapon, even using Lavafoot food, it is not possible to sustain a full LA rotation on a 6mil skeleton. On a Redguard with Rapid Strikes, it is.

? Srsly. Ok, I guess that 4 extra DPs is worth being relegated to a rapid striking Stamsorc.
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Canceled. Not going through another fiasco of a MMO company blatantly ignoring very clear feedback.
    If anything, the bosmer feedback was very clear. It speaks volumes about the future. So glad I didn't pre-order Elsweyr.

Will watch when the PTS goes live and determine from there if I'll continue with ESO.