The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are you happy with the racial changes that most likely will go live?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So the last version of the PTS notes (4.3.4) was posted and there are no racial changes anymore. This means the 4.3.3 version of racials will most likely be the final version that goes live.

If you can't remember, let me copy & paste a summary of all the racial changes:

Altmer (last update: 4.3.2)
  • Increases Experience gain in Destruction Staff Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Generic Experience gain
  • Spell Recharge: Restore 645 Magicka or Stamina, based on whichever is higher, after activating a Class Ability. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds. Reduces damage taken by 5% while you are using an ability with a cast or channel time.The return for this passive will now restore your lowest maximum resource, rather than your highest.
  • Syrabane’s Boon: Increases your Max Magicka by 2000.
  • Elemental Talent: Increases your Spell Damage by 258.

Argonian (last update: 4.3.2)
  • Increases experience gain in Resto Staff Skill Line by 15%, extra 50% Swimming Speed
  • Resourceful: Increases your Max Magicka by 1000. Increased the Health, Magicka, and Stamina restore from drinking a potion to 4000 from 3620.
  • Argonian Resistance: Increases your Max Health by 1000 and your Disease Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Diseased status effect.
  • Life Mender: Increased the Healing Done bonus to 6% from 4%.

Bosmer (last update: 4.3.3)
  • Increases experience gain in Bow Skill Line by 15%, decreases fall damage taken by 10%
  • Y’ffre’s Endurance: Increases your Stamina Recovery by 258.
  • Resist Affliction: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000 and your Poison Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Poisoned status effect.
  • Hunter’s Eye: Increases your Stealth detection radius by 3m. After you use Roll Dodge you gain 10% Movement Speed for 6 seconds and a bonus to Physical and Spell Penetration of 1500 for the duration.

Breton (last update: 4.3.2)
  • Increases Experience gain in Light Armor Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Alliance Point gain
  • Gift of Magnus: Increases your Max Magicka by 2000.
  • Spell Attunement: Gain 2310 Spell Resistance and 100 Magicka Recovery. The Spell Resistance granted by this effect will now be doubled if you are afflicted with Burning, Chilled, or Concussed.
  • Magicka Mastery: Reduces the Magicka cost of your abilities by 7%.

Dunmer (last update: 4.3.2)
  • Increases Experience gain in Dual Wield Skill Line by 15%, reduces damage taken from Lava by 50%
  • Dynamic: Increased the Max Magicka and Stamina granted to 1875 from 1250.
  • Resist Flame: Increases your Flame Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Burning status effect. Removed the Max Health bonus from this passive.
  • Ruination: Increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 258.

Imperial (last update: 4.3.3)
  • Increases Experience gain in One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Gold gain
  • Tough: Increases your Max Health by 2000.
  • Imperial Mettle: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.
  • Red Diamond: Reworked this passive so when you deal Direct Damage now, you restore 333 Health, Magicka, and Stamina. This effect has a 5 second cooldown. Reworked the 5% Block and Bash cost reduction to 3% cost reduction of all abilities (all the things!).

Khajiit (last update 4.3.3)
  • Increases Experience gain in Medium Armor Skill Line by 15%, 5% bonus change to successfully pickpocket
  • Robustness: Increases your Health Recovery by 100. Increased the Magicka and Stamina Recovery bonuses to 85 from 75.
  • Lunar Blessings: Increased the Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina bonuses to 825 from 750.
  • Feline Ambush: Reworked the 8% Spell and Weapon Critical Strike Chance to 10% Critical Damage and Critical Healing. Decreased the reduction of your Stealth radius to 3m from 5m.

Nord (last update: 4.3.0)
  • Increases Experience gain in Two Handed Skill Line by 15%, 15 extra minutes on drink buffs
  • Stalwart: Increases your Max Stamina by 1500. When you take damage, gain 5 Ultimate. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
  • Resist Frost: Increases your Max Health by 1000 and your Cold Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Chilled status effect.
  • Rugged: Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by 3960.

Orc (last update: 4.3.2)
  • Increases Experience gain in Heavy Armor Skill Line by 15%, extra 10% Inspiration gain
  • Brawny: This passive now grants 2000 Max Stamina instead of 500 Health and 500 Stamina.
  • Unflinching: This passive now grants 1000 Max Health and heals you for up to 600 when you deal damage with a weapon, with a 4 second cooldown. Previously, it granted 4% Healing Taken, and 380 Stamina and Health when dealing damage with a weapon.
  • Swift Warrior: Increases your Weapon Damage by 258. Reduces the cost of your Sprint ability by 12% and increases your Movement Speed while Sprinting by 10%.

Redguard (last update: 4.3.2)
  • Increases One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, 15 extra minutes on food buffs
  • Martial Training: Reduces the cost of your Weapon abilities by 8%. Added a bonus that reduces the effectiveness of Snares applied to you by up to 15%.
  • Conditioning: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.
  • Adrenaline Rush: When you deal damage with a melee attack you restore 792 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds. → When you deal Direct Damage, you restore 950 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -

Are you happy with the racial changes that most likely will go live? 552 votes

Yes, absolutely!
13%
InklingsCeloydenAlendrinXsorusSchattenfluegelSoldier224TryxusSarousseBlackerskwisatzidkkickback120ub17_ESOCheloCastanamereSkworSureshawtLeviticus_AureliusRohausAhPook_Is_HereAsys 75 votes
Most of them look good!
27%
saf227_ESOmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOStxGederickypranb14_ESOWuffyCeruleiIruil_ESOvictory.immortalb16_ESOchellieharringtonb16_ESORikumaruMaster_FluffTibJitterbugYakidafiDarlonSodanTokLiraTaurwenSotha_Silluen79rwb17_ESOUntrustedExistenz 151 votes
Some are nice, others are not.
31%
ImrylldriosketchsilvereyesDeathStalkervailjohn_ESOMoloch1514dave_harter_ESOSuddwrathalexj4596b14_ESOKesstrylDarcyMardinMaseriFaulgorxMovingTargetLetho2469profundidob16_ESOOrillionTurelusCyberOnEsoaellegaardjensenb16_ESO 173 votes
Not really...
15%
ck37090MojmirBigBraggxaraanDracaneAimoraAllPlayAndNoWorkAnkaridanEiron77ShareeStroggnonimusdangutangLoralai_907HatchetHaroczarj3crowWolfchild07ArcirisSriivahradiostar 87 votes
No, I hate them!
11%
BlueRavenCatsmoke14winterbornb14_ESOKalikiGigasaxaubrey.baconb16_ESOmartin.prescottb16_ESOwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOIdinuseEvergnarOlauronxcalibur007AmphithoeMarcus_ThraciusKater_MurrFuldrulSevalaricgirlStrider__RoshinRebornV3xLord-Otto 66 votes
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer and Bosmer need a flavour-adjustment, Argonians still need other viable bonuses.

The rest seem fine, although you could make the argument that Orcs need to be toned down a bit.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm torn.

I love my Khajiits and they certainly aren't useless for stam builds. They are very, very viable. I just do not know how much better Dunmer / Orc will be. If, in fact they are just within ~1000 dps, then I guess I am OK with the racial changes, selfish as that may be. I don't really care mag stuff as I do not play mag.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to remind everyone about what happened in HotR PTS with mundus stone rebalancing and how live patch was significantly different than PTS version of changes with that update.

Claiming that current PTS is going live is a very questionable gamble.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Not really. Still lots of issues:

- Altmer: Stamina regen is a useless PvE passive; no reason to pick the race over Breton
    - Khajiit: Consistently parses below Dunmer, no reason to pick them over dark elf
    - Orc: Parses too high compared to the rest of the field, no reason to pick any other race for stamina
    - Bosmer: Give them their stealth back
    - Argonian: What is their role now?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 18, 2019 7:57PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If current PTS goes live, yes, I'll be happy.

I'd like to see altmer made less wonky, and personally I'd like my 20% buff to health regen back on at least one race.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Bosmers losing stealth is just infuriating, and it’s clouding my judgement about everything else.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was happy with some of the changes.

But the Altmer's Spell Recharge passive is just plain dumb.

Altmers are known for being spellcasters and magicka damage dealers...how on earth does it make sense to give them stamina recovery? Heck, it's even called "SPELL Recharge".

It's times like these that make me seriously question ZOS' reasoning.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    Royaji wrote: »
    I just want to remind everyone about what happened in HotR PTS with mundus stone rebalancing and how live patch was significantly different than PTS version of changes with that update.

If they wanted to make any changes to racials they would have done that in 4.3.3 or 4.3.4. They didn't 4.3.3 had minor adjustments and 4.3.4 absolutely nothing in that regard besides bug fixes. The gamble is to think 4.3.5 will have some huge surprise changes when it comes to racials.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely!
    Yes. Im a breton :*
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

If they wanted to make any changes to racials they would have done that in 4.3.3 or 4.3.4. They didn't 4.3.3 had minor adjustments and 4.3.4 absolutely nothing in that regard besides bug fixes. The gamble is to think 4.3.5 will have some huge surprise changes when it comes to racials.

Once again, people who did a lot of testing and figured out all the BiS in 3.1.4 PTS only to find out that in 3.1.5 everything was entirely different would like a word. Things like Kajiit changes from 4.3.3 can happen in 4.3.5 very easily.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    We have 10 races in eso. 3 or 4 of them will be vailable to do content. Nuff said... :fearful:
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Altmer and Bosmer need a flavour-adjustment, Argonians still need other viable bonuses.

The rest seem fine, although you could make the argument that Orcs need to be toned down a bit.

This exactly, though I want to add to give the Dunmer 150 spell damage to fire abilities and remove a bit from their weapon/spell damage (to 200 or so), and reduce resources to 1750 (from 1875), so they have their niche back!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Once again, people who did a lot of testing and figured out all the BiS in 3.1.4 PTS only to find out that in 3.1.5 everything was entirely different would like a word. Things like Kajiit changes from 4.3.3 can happen in 4.3.5 very easily.

That's why I added "most likely". ;)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have 10 races in eso. 3 or 4 of them will be vailable to do content. Nuff said... :fearful:

Every single race is viable for any kind of content. There is no discussion on that. Some of them might be more competitive than others but this is the whole point of competitive. Things can only be equally good if they are exactly the same.
  • Sabbathius
    Sabbathius
    ✭✭✭✭
    You gotta remember what the ultimate purpose of these changes is, and always has been - money. As long as race change sells for cash, there's a strong financial incentive for the developers to poorly balance racials, so that a year down the line they can repeat the process, once again in the name of balance, and have the feeble-minded pay to race change to the optimal race yet again. And again, and again.

The only thing I can tell anyone who is unhappy - DO NOT FALL FOR THE TRICK! Stay whatever race you are. In a year or two, you are virtually guaranteed that ZOS will spin the wheel again, and your race might be optimal once more. It is a strange game they are playing, and the only way to win is not to p(l)ay.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Khajiit's basically instead of ganker role are now useless. Say farewell to those few khajiit dk's, templars. This passive unusable in pvp. Good job Zos.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sabbathius wrote: »
    You gotta remember what the ultimate purpose of these changes is, and always has been - money. As long as race change sells for cash, there's a strong financial incentive for the developers to poorly balance racials, so that a year down the line they can repeat the process, once again in the name of balance, and have the feeble-minded pay to race change to the optimal race yet again. And again, and again.

The only thing I can tell anyone who is unhappy - DO NOT FALL FOR THE TRICK! Stay whatever race you are. In a year or two, you are virtually guaranteed that ZOS will spin the wheel again, and your race might be optimal once more. It is a strange game they are playing, and the only way to win is not to p(l)ay.

The cash grab argument lost some traction, imo, when they added 3 free change tokens.

I have 12ish max level toons...if I were to decide to play them all as endgame toons, I'd need to racechange a handful of them, but I'm not playing 12 toons at endgame. 3 tokens covers me for the foreseeable future.

....I would certainly agree if they weren't including those tokens.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most of my characters are nords. I still think they need a buff, or at least a little something added to or slightly changed. maybe add a bit of weapon damage or change the ultimate generation to 'When taking or dealing damage, gain 5 ultimate. this effect can happen every 8 seconds'. one of those changes would make nords slightly more viable as a dps.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    Sabbathius wrote: »

Yes and that is why they give us three free race and name change tokens. They are sooo greedy. The races totally didn't need a rebalancing or something like that. And it is absolutely mandatory for everyone to change because of 200-1000, even because of 3000 DPS (that depend on crit-luck and other random aspects in fights) at the absolute top he/she is never going to reach. We should sue them for such an insult. (I guess (or at least hope) everyone got the sarcasm)
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, Dunmers in the end are not worse than they used to. They actually got buffed. I like the dunmer changes. Also let you change from stam to mag as you feel like.

The rest looks decent. My stam chars will likely become Orc.

Some races are off for the worse though or rather substential changes. See Bosmer. Altmer too with sustain. Khajiit is just ouch.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    I'm torn.

I love my Khajiits and they certainly aren't useless for stam builds. They are very, very viable. I just do not know how much better Dunmer / Orc will be. If, in fact they are just within ~1000 dps, then I guess I am OK with the racial changes, selfish as that may be. I don't really care mag stuff as I do not play mag.
    Khajiit need an buff after the last nerf without any comment, in fact I guess they just theory crafted effect without parsing it.
    Magic Khajiit is an serious buff since live anyway.
    I can live with it but we should obviously scream for buffs, Khajiit is pretty simple once you got parses simply buff a bit.

Nords and Argonians is harder because of PvP balance. For Khajiit its just to buff sustain and resources a bit.
    Might throw in some block cost reduction or similar as we would be an decent tank race with some sustain buff, an potato race :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely!
    Orc happy.......Yes?
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still happy that Khajiit are becoming magicka-viable, though it's been a rollercoaster with it momentarily becoming best-of-everything and then having that taken away.

I'm unhappy that my Argonian DPS main is getting an across-the-board nerf, though I chose it for its looks rather than its passives.

I like that there's a reason to pick Breton now.

I feel for Bosmer's losing their stealth. I think they decided there was too much overlap with Khajiit, and that one had to go.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely!
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    Khajiit's basically instead of ganker role are now useless. Say farewell to those few khajiit dk's, templars. This passive unusable in pvp. Good job Zos.

@SilverPaws Not necessarily. Just do a bit of theory crafting m8, youll find a solution just like I did^^
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...

Every single race is viable for any kind of content. There is no discussion on that. Some of them might be more competitive than others but this is the whole point of competitive. Things can only be equally good if they are exactly the same.

They could have easily adjusted values to bring all of the races closer together. All it would have taken is minor tweaks.

If we're still going to have clear-cut meta races, what was the point of this patch?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 18, 2019 8:04PM
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could have easily adjusted values to bring all of the races closer together. All it would have taken is minor tweaks.

If we're still going to have clear-cut meta races, what was the point of this patch?

I think no matter what, there will always be a clear cut meta though.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Another disappointing patch
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Azyle1 wrote: »

I think no matter what, there will always be a clear cut meta though.

That depends on how small they can get the gaps in DPS.

Altmer and Dunmer currently have a 125 magicka or 12 spell damage difference, which results in a virtually inconsequential difference in DPS. They could have gotten all the races within these margins if they really wanted to. The problem, as always, is that ZOS doesn't properly test changes.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 18, 2019 8:22PM
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Honestly, I'm a little annoyed that I'm going to have to race change to a nord in order to be a competitive tank in PVE. For PVP, I'll just delete my argonian and reroll the meta for PVP caster
  • simeion
    simeion
    ✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    Bosmer: Dodge roll passive still sucks
    Argonian: 1500 health

These are the only two differences I would make.