Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Racial Balance Changes for Update 21

• NobleMatias
    NobleMatias
    ✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Uryel wrote: »
    I agree. Dunmer proclivity towards Destruction Magic (I.E. Fire Damage) has been a defining trait throughout the ES series. As with the issue surrounding Bosmer Stealth, this change seems opposed to the stated goals of the Racial Update with regards to Lore, diversity, racial identity and playing as one will. Players have been building Dunmer characters with the Fire Damage Passive in mind for years, why the sudden and abrupt change?
    And don't get me started on Bosmers and the loss of stealth. The stealth detection bonus that replaces the stealth bonus has no use whatsoever in PvE and only a marginal use in PvP.

Bosmer's lorewise are hunters, they don't eat vegetables or plants at all. It's all meat, they're hunters in the truest sense, meaning they don't hide as much as they track things down. So, it actually fits the lore perfectly... because there is no hiding from the new bosmer that is within 3m of you(even if you're cloaked[it's like a passive 3m detection potion is always active]), giving them the strategic advantage in combat. You say that this isn't useful in PvE, maybe so, but they could add things to the game that make this useful, doubtful but it's possible. Not to mention, that the dodge roll speed bonus more than makes up for it and the stam recovery change easily drives it home if not making you wonder if bosmer are too powerful now. But, you're right that we lost our bonus to stealth damage, and our decreased detection radius, so we deserve some extra love.

Also, it's not really possible to perfectly adapt the races to the lore when balancing needs to be considered, as staying true to the lore for bosmer would require allowing them to charm animals and force them to eat the corpse of everything they killed.

Where do you use stealth detection in pve? Currently in the game they are trying to sell today? Not some nebulous “maybe” future. When do you use stealth detect in pve?

“”You say that this isn't useful in PvE, maybe so,“”

It’s not just me who said it, the devs themselves said it in post 1. I can give you a lot of examples where one uses stealth radius reduction. The fact that they are increasing it on Khajiit just bolsters my point.

The roll dodge does not more than make up for it.
    1. Pvp is not the majority of the audience and this is a pvp change
    2. They just took away speed from all aspects of the game, do you think this stacking speed bonus will stay untouched? It won’t.
    3. They claim they don’t want to punish us for choosing a magic class with a non magic race, this goal has not been achieved with Bosmer changes.
    4. From game 1 Bosmer have been sneaky. More so than Khajiit. Khajiit have been agile and lucky from game 1. Also cats have an actual, factual, natural Hunter’s Eye. There is no lore excuse. Staying true to the lore would require them to keep the stealth passive, Bosmer are not as noticeable as Nords. Full stop.

I appreciate your attempt to smooth things over but in this instance, there is actually a correct side.

I have debunked this, please provide proof to back your statements up like I have, otherwise they are invalid. You can look for my facts in thread page 52 Thank you.
  • NobleMatias
    NobleMatias
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Greetings again everyone! Just wanted to give a quick update that we're planning on making some adjustments to the racial passives in the coming weeks on the PTS based on much of your feedback. We focused mainly on improving the identity of each race with the adjustments by either improving on key areas such as a boost to Resourceful for Argonians, or enhancing the accessibility some of the bonuses provide, such as a small redesign to Red Diamond for Imperials. Aside from numerical tweaks, new small bonuses, and slight redesigns, we have a change to the calculation for how Champion Points increase your Health, Magicka, and Stamina to make it easier to follow and impact more things that you'd expect.

Thank you again everyone for the feedback, we'll have more to share on the delivery of racial changes for Update 21 when we're ready, so keep an eye out on that Dev Tracker, and we can't wait for you all to get your hands on some of the changes!

@ZOS_Gilliam

Please take into consideration that, in order for a Dunmer to achieve "hybrid" status, they'll have to invest CP between Spell/Weapon penetration AND they'll have to split CP between Elemental Expert and Mighty. There's not way that a "hybrid" can reach the spell/weapon damage potential of any "pure" builds (ie: Altmer Sorc or Redguard StamPlar)

Perhaps a small amount of passive weapon/spell penetration could be added to assist?

Again, "hybrid" is the wrong term as it indicates that you can do all of the stuff but you're excelling at none of it - this is not the case with Dunmer. Replace "hybrid" with "versatile" and you have exactly what Dunmers will be after the changes (this is not only gameplay friendly, it fits the lore too). Great at both, Magicka and Stamina. For some builds and classes they are still the top pick out of all races with the difference that they can be great Stamina DPS now on top of being great Magicka DPS. Next to Khajiit Dunmer is the only race that can do this after the changes.

It's funny that all of the Dunmer players are complaining although they're benefitting the most from the racial adjustments. Dunmer racials don't need more benefits, they're already very strong due to their versatile capabilities.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hybrid

I do agree with you though that people get confused, and I also agree with almost all of what you said.
  • NobleMatias
    NobleMatias
    ✭✭
    Elvira wrote: »
    Personally I think the whole idea of racial passives is stupid and source of unnecessary grieving.

Because no matter what you make, it forces min-maxing people play for a race they don't really like, if some other race has more appealing traits to their playstyle/theories. A much better solution would be simply to introduce "birth-signs" or so, which would allow to assign any "racial bonus-set" to any race at the moment of character's creation. We play "heroes", not common average Joes/Saras, and there is no reason while there couldn't be an exceptionally gifted in some area individual, even if coming from a race normally not suited for that skill.

Oh and any rather drastic "initial paradigm" change just for the change itself is evil. I've built my Dunmer sorceress around fire. For example I have Valkyn Skoria + BSW + Fire Staff synergy. With the fire-specific advantage gone I can now pretty much regear myself as I went this route mainly because of Dunmer's primary racial strength.

There have always been racial passives in Elder Scrolls. The only thing that should be changed is balance between them, so people can play what they want to play while still being competitive in an online multiplayer game, which is being addressed and races are balanced mathematically with these changes for the most part. All we need now is more uniqueness.
  • NobleMatias
    NobleMatias
    ✭✭
    Greetings again everyone! Just wanted to give a quick update that we're planning on making some adjustments to the racial passives in the coming weeks on the PTS based on much of your feedback. We focused mainly on improving the identity of each race with the adjustments by either improving on key areas such as a boost to Resourceful for Argonians, or enhancing the accessibility some of the bonuses provide, such as a small redesign to Red Diamond for Imperials. Aside from numerical tweaks, new small bonuses, and slight redesigns, we have a change to the calculation for how Champion Points increase your Health, Magicka, and Stamina to make it easier to follow and impact more things that you'd expect.

Thank you again everyone for the feedback, we'll have more to share on the delivery of racial changes for Update 21 when we're ready, so keep an eye out on that Dev Tracker, and we can't wait for you all to get your hands on some of the changes!

Oh and thank you Gil for the update, I was late and look forward to the small changes.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Dunmer proclivity towards Destruction Magic (I.E. Fire Damage) has been a defining trait throughout the ES series. As with the issue surrounding Bosmer Stealth, this change seems opposed to the stated goals of the Racial Update with regards to Lore, diversity, racial identity and playing as one will. Players have been building Dunmer characters with the Fire Damage Passive in mind for years, why the sudden and abrupt change?
    And don't get me started on Bosmers and the loss of stealth. The stealth detection bonus that replaces the stealth bonus has no use whatsoever in PvE and only a marginal use in PvP.

Bosmer's lorewise are hunters, they don't eat vegetables or plants at all. It's all meat, they're hunters in the truest sense, meaning they don't hide as much as they track things down. So, it actually fits the lore perfectly... because there is no hiding from the new bosmer that is within 3m of you(even if you're cloaked[it's like a passive 3m detection potion is always active]), giving them the strategic advantage in combat. You say that this isn't useful in PvE, maybe so, but they could add things to the game that make this useful, doubtful but it's possible. Not to mention, that the dodge roll speed bonus more than makes up for it and the stam recovery change easily drives it home if not making you wonder if bosmer are too powerful now. But, you're right that we lost our bonus to stealth damage, and our decreased detection radius, so we deserve some extra love.

Also, it's not really possible to perfectly adapt the races to the lore when balancing needs to be considered, as staying true to the lore for bosmer would require allowing them to charm animals and force them to eat the corpse of everything they killed.

Where do you use stealth detection in pve? Currently in the game they are trying to sell today? Not some nebulous “maybe” future. When do you use stealth detect in pve?

It’s not just me who said it, the devs themselves said it in post 1. I can give you a lot of examples where one uses stealth radius reduction. The fact that they are increasing it on Khajiit just bolsters my point.

2. They just took away speed from all aspects of the game, do you think this stacking speed bonus will stay untouched? It won’t.
    3. They claim they don’t want to punish us for choosing a magic class with a non magic race, this goal has not been achieved with Bosmer changes.
    4. From game 1 Bosmer have been sneaky. More so than Khajiit. Khajiit have been agile and lucky from game 1. Also cats have an actual, factual, natural Hunter’s Eye. There is no lore excuse. Staying true to the lore would require them to keep the stealth passive, Bosmer are not as noticeable as Nords. Full stop.

I appreciate your attempt to smooth things over but in this instance, there is actually a correct side.

I have debunked this, please provide proof to back your statements up like I have, otherwise they are invalid. You can look for my facts in thread page 52 Thank you.

You have not debunked anything. In fact you were responded to a number of times on page 52 of this thread. Please respond to those first.
    Edited by BlueRaven on February 1, 2019 4:11AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

K bro, let’s use that same site you want to quote everytime shall we? https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bosmer

Their agility makes them well-suited as scouts and thieves.

chameleon-like ability to hide in forested areas.

They often rely on their forest-coupling skills to make use of guerrilla tactics. The title of their most famous poem, the Meh Ayleidion, means "The One Thousand Benefits of Hiding".[15]

The Bosmer are one of the few who worship the trickster Baan Dar, the trickster spirit of thieves and beggars

There are many other deities with significant Bosmer cults, such as Hircine.[59] They also worship the moon gods Jone and Jode.[59][61] Ancient stories of the supernatural, enigmatic Wilderking abound in Greenshade.[62] Like the Nords, the trickster spirit Herma-Mora appears in their legends (and they insist he is not to be confused with the Daedra Hermaeus Mora). And, of course, in a culture replete with trickster spirits, they do not forget the greatest trickster of all: Lorkhan.[59]

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Varieties_of_Faith:_The_Wood_Elves

The Rite of Theft
    The Rite of Theft is a cherished Bosmeri custom, though one which outsiders have trouble appreciating.[72] The Bosmer steal from each other, and upon return of the stolen item, they demand a boon commensurate to the item's worth.[73] In ancient times, the Bosmer Vanirion the Thief was renowned for demanding over two hundred payments after invoking the Rite.[71] In more modern times, the Bosmer of Greenshade are particularly infamous for their thievery.[49]

TES Arena: They are well suited towards any class, although their nimbleness serves them best in any art involving thievery.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:Races#Wood_Elf

TES Daggerfall: "Wood Elves hail from the province of Valenwood. You are part of a small, fair-skinned people known to be extremely agile and quick. Wood Elves have a natural affinity for the bow and arrow, and all members of their race have some ability with that weapon. There are well-known Wood Elves in most every class, but the arts of thievery are their particular forte

TES Battlespire: Hailing from the forests of Valenwood, the Wood Elves are the finest archers in all of Tamriel. These cousins of the High Elves and Dark Elves are nimble and quick as the wind. Because of their curious natures and natural agility, Wood Elves often become thieves (No Khajiit in this game)

TES Morrowind: you linked the Khajiit page where they had +5 sneak. Guess what friendo, Bosmer had +10 sneak in that game. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Bosmer

In Shadowkey, it’s Argonians who are noted for being Thieves, Khajiit for dodging and Bosmer for healing. So no one gets points there.

TES Oblivion: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Bosmer Once again, +10 sneak for Bosmer, only +5 sneak for Khajiit.

TES Skyrim: this is the only place you get points. Khajiit have +10 sneak and Bosmer have +5.

You are welcome to keep trying, just know you are objectively wrong. No hard feelings buddy.
    The video I posted above has literally all the races within 2% of each other. If your going to choose a race because you want a laughable 2% more dps, then your pretty shallow in my opinion.

You didn't address rampant stupidity like Bosmers losing their stealth bonus. Yet again PVE gets screwed because of PVP.

Bosmer now have a mechanic that allows them to be the fastest resource harvesters in the game. Please for the love of god stop complaining about the Bosmer's stealth being taken away. they are given other special skills to make up, and for you to complain about 3m of detect just makes me laugh so damn much. The Bosmer race literally got a buff when comparing all the race changes, quit crying.

Please for the love of God stop trying to dismiss other people's opinions because they have the temerity to not agree with your perfect all-knowing wisdom. (note, the description of your wisdom is sarcastic icymi)

The fact is, that despite saying "so we kept parts of each the Wood Elf’s and the Khajiit’s version of these passives," the devs in actually completely removed stealth bonus from the Bosmer entirely. The statement of the intent and the result do not match. We are completely within our rights to point this out. We are also within our rights to point out the substantial lore that says that Wood Elves are adept at stealth. We are within our rights to point out how this lore, and our experience with other games, informed our choices regarding this race and how we choose to play it. You do NOT get to dictate to us how we choose to play, how we choose to feel, or how we choose to express our deep dissatisfaction with the change as it currently stands.

Yes, we got some significant benefit from this change, as do the Khajiit. That's not the issue. The issue is that we are losing something that is core to how many people see the Bosmer as a race. It is like telling Redguards that they are no longer masters of weapons but magic instead.

Khajiit on the other hand have always been the sneakiest In every Elder Scrolls entry, hence why they still have their sneaky style.

Gotta go for a while, but had to ask: wanna bet? C'mon, you know you wanna.

Yea sure, you wanna play that game.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Khajiit

Suthay-raht are the kitties we have seen In almost every Elder Scrolls game, and I assume the ones in ESO, with no other racial difference other than skin change in the character creator, until now. This means I win right?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ring_of_Khajiiti

A powerful ring just for them sneaky pests.

Besides that point I It would be pretty cool to bring in all the racial differences and play styles of all the different kitties. I mean their might someone out there wanting to play a common house cat right?

Sorry, but no. What race had the biggest boost in hiding in Morrowind and Oblivion? Bosmer. What race has as their most famous national epic the Meh Ayleidion (or The Thousand Uses of Hiding)? Bosmer. What race has the rite of theft, where villages and tribes would steal each other's most precious artifacts, without drawing either blood or attention? Bosmer.
    Did you even play Morrowind or Oblivion? Khajiit didn't have hiding as their primary skill, it was a secondary skill with a +5; Bosmer got a +10. The only reason why Bosmer didn't have hiding as a primary skill in Skyrim was that each race got only one primary (which was bow for the Bosmer); and the Khajiits' previous primary, Acrobatics, no longer existed (well, in Oblivion they also had hand-to-hand as a primary, and it, too, was removed from Skyrim). Also, the Khajiit were digitigrade in Morrowind, so quite different in the character creator, which you would know if you'd played it. It was hard to miss, since Khajiit couldn't wear most shoes, iirc.

And for someone who is gaining lots of converts, you have an amazing low number of agrees on your posts. Almost as if no-one agreed with you.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Races

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Races

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races

These are the skills from Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. These games are really the only games you can get the way races are, skill wise. The other games only have base stats to play off, character creation is a bit different in older titles. If you look at the skills, then yes Bosmer were a bit sneakier, but at the same time did not have security skill which was used for lock picking and thievery. In Skyrim the role switched, Khajiit were more sneaky and Bosmer had the lockpicking, but in every Elder Scrolls title, Bosmer had been the bow using master marksman, having that skill always at the top compared to other races.

The Suthay-raht Cats, are the epitome of the thief. They have acrobatics along with sneak, security, lockpicking, and short blade=knifes, In every title after Arena and Daggerfall.

Bosmer have some lore in regards to thievery but way more on Archery, and the Suthay-raht Khajiit have books, lore and their whole being skill wise is tailored to thievery, although I think lore wise a lot of Khajiit don't consider their mischievous behavior something as low as thievery, they just think finders keepers, lol.

Bosmer= best race with a bow, and have some thievery potential.

Suthay-raht Khajiit= best sub-race at stealing, period.

I only say the things I say because I want all races to be unique in the game world and at the same time balanced. I do wish that you get your sneak back, it would make life easier for both the players that fight Bosmer and the players that play Bosmer. I would also like ZOS to bring in all the sub races from the lore, people would have so much fun. But the recent changes to khajiit allready sort of bring that in the way they are kinda good at every role.

So I agree, give Bosmer back the small sneak bonus and take away that speed boost, it will make it better for me and you ; }.

"Rajhin
    The Footpad / The Silent Walker
    The thief-god of the Khajiiti, legend holds that Rajhin grew up in the Black Kiergo section of Senchal. In life, Rajhin was the most infamous burglar in Elsweyr's history, said to have stolen a tattoo from the neck of the Empress Kintyra as she slept. He is accredited with using the Ring of Khajiiti in his thievery, making the ring famous. After his death, Rajhin was inculcated among the Khajiit gods, to serve as an example to them of cleverness and adroit ability. His blessing is most often asked for before undertaking activities of a less-than-lawful nature."

Khakjiit have 3 deities/gods That are associated with cunning, cleverness, deceit, and thievery. You really cannot beat that.

You can’t even read the pages you linked.

In that chart, in the Skills Row, click on the last yellow icon for Bosmer. It’s +10 sneak. For Khajiit it’s +5.

Edit: this chart has the same thing

“”but at the same time did not have security skill which was used for lock picking and thievery.”” You wrote.

Guess what, no one is asking for lockpicking or pickpocket! We are asking for sneak radius. The sneak radius we always had. Read your own links.

Bosmer have 3 trickster gods as well. Baan Dar, Lorkhan and the Woodland Man aka Herma-Mora
    Edited by max_only on February 2, 2019 10:49PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

K bro, let’s use that same site you want to quote everytime shall we? https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bosmer

They often rely on their forest-coupling skills to make use of guerrilla tactics. The title of their most famous poem, the Meh Ayleidion, means "The One Thousand Benefits of Hiding".[15]

The Bosmer are one of the few who worship the trickster Baan Dar, the trickster spirit of thieves and beggars

There are many other deities with significant Bosmer cults, such as Hircine.[59] They also worship the moon gods Jone and Jode.[59][61] Ancient stories of the supernatural, enigmatic Wilderking abound in Greenshade.[62] Like the Nords, the trickster spirit Herma-Mora appears in their legends (and they insist he is not to be confused with the Daedra Hermaeus Mora). And, of course, in a culture replete with trickster spirits, they do not forget the greatest trickster of all: Lorkhan.[59]

The Rite of Theft
    The Rite of Theft is a cherished Bosmeri custom, though one which outsiders have trouble appreciating.[72] The Bosmer steal from each other, and upon return of the stolen item, they demand a boon commensurate to the item's worth.[73] In ancient times, the Bosmer Vanirion the Thief was renowned for demanding over two hundred payments after invoking the Rite.[71] In more modern times, the Bosmer of Greenshade are particularly infamous for their thievery.[49]

TES Arena: They are well suited towards any class, although their nimbleness serves them best in any art involving thievery.

TES Daggerfall: "Wood Elves hail from the province of Valenwood. You are part of a small, fair-skinned people known to be extremely agile and quick. Wood Elves have a natural affinity for the bow and arrow, and all members of their race have some ability with that weapon. There are well-known Wood Elves in most every class, but the arts of thievery are their particular forte

TES Battlespire: Hailing from the forests of Valenwood, the Wood Elves are the finest archers in all of Tamriel. These cousins of the High Elves and Dark Elves are nimble and quick as the wind. Because of their curious natures and natural agility, Wood Elves often become thieves (No Khajiit in this game)

TES Morrowind: you linked the Khajiit page where they had +5 sneak. Guess what friendo, Bosmer had +10 sneak in that game. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Bosmer

In Shadowkey, it’s Argonians who are noted for being Thieves, Khajiit for dodging and Bosmer for healing. So no one gets points there.

TES Oblivion: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Bosmer Once again, +10 sneak for Bosmer, only +5 sneak for Khajiit.

TES Skyrim: this is the only place you get points. Khajiit have +10 sneak and Bosmer have +5.

You are welcome to keep trying, just know you are objectively wrong. No hard feelings buddy.
    The video I posted above has literally all the races within 2% of each other. If your going to choose a race because you want a laughable 2% more dps, then your pretty shallow in my opinion.

You didn't address rampant stupidity like Bosmers losing their stealth bonus. Yet again PVE gets screwed because of PVP.

Bosmer now have a mechanic that allows them to be the fastest resource harvesters in the game. Please for the love of god stop complaining about the Bosmer's stealth being taken away. they are given other special skills to make up, and for you to complain about 3m of detect just makes me laugh so damn much. The Bosmer race literally got a buff when comparing all the race changes, quit crying.

Please for the love of God stop trying to dismiss other people's opinions because they have the temerity to not agree with your perfect all-knowing wisdom. (note, the description of your wisdom is sarcastic icymi)

The fact is, that despite saying "so we kept parts of each the Wood Elf’s and the Khajiit’s version of these passives," the devs in actually completely removed stealth bonus from the Bosmer entirely. The statement of the intent and the result do not match. We are completely within our rights to point this out. We are also within our rights to point out the substantial lore that says that Wood Elves are adept at stealth. We are within our rights to point out how this lore, and our experience with other games, informed our choices regarding this race and how we choose to play it. You do NOT get to dictate to us how we choose to play, how we choose to feel, or how we choose to express our deep dissatisfaction with the change as it currently stands.

Yes, we got some significant benefit from this change, as do the Khajiit. That's not the issue. The issue is that we are losing something that is core to how many people see the Bosmer as a race. It is like telling Redguards that they are no longer masters of weapons but magic instead.

Khajiit on the other hand have always been the sneakiest In every Elder Scrolls entry, hence why they still have their sneaky style.

Suthay-raht are the kitties we have seen In almost every Elder Scrolls game, and I assume the ones in ESO, with no other racial difference other than skin change in the character creator, until now. This means I win right?

Besides that point I It would be pretty cool to bring in all the racial differences and play styles of all the different kitties. I mean their might someone out there wanting to play a common house cat right?

Sorry, but no. What race had the biggest boost in hiding in Morrowind and Oblivion? Bosmer. What race has as their most famous national epic the Meh Ayleidion (or The Thousand Uses of Hiding)? Bosmer. What race has the rite of theft, where villages and tribes would steal each other's most precious artifacts, without drawing either blood or attention? Bosmer.
    Did you even play Morrowind or Oblivion? Khajiit didn't have hiding as their primary skill, it was a secondary skill with a +5; Bosmer got a +10. The only reason why Bosmer didn't have hiding as a primary skill in Skyrim was that each race got only one primary (which was bow for the Bosmer); and the Khajiits' previous primary, Acrobatics, no longer existed (well, in Oblivion they also had hand-to-hand as a primary, and it, too, was removed from Skyrim). Also, the Khajiit were digitigrade in Morrowind, so quite different in the character creator, which you would know if you'd played it. It was hard to miss, since Khajiit couldn't wear most shoes, iirc.

And for someone who is gaining lots of converts, you have an amazing low number of agrees on your posts. Almost as if no-one agreed with you.

These are the skills from Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. These games are really the only games you can get the way races are, skill wise. The other games only have base stats to play off, character creation is a bit different in older titles. If you look at the skills, then yes Bosmer were a bit sneakier, but at the same time did not have security skill which was used for lock picking and thievery. In Skyrim the role switched, Khajiit were more sneaky and Bosmer had the lockpicking, but in every Elder Scrolls title, Bosmer had been the bow using master marksman, having that skill always at the top compared to other races.

The Suthay-raht Cats, are the epitome of the thief. They have acrobatics along with sneak, security, lockpicking, and short blade=knifes, In every title after Arena and Daggerfall.

Bosmer have some lore in regards to thievery but way more on Archery, and the Suthay-raht Khajiit have books, lore and their whole being skill wise is tailored to thievery, although I think lore wise a lot of Khajiit don't consider their mischievous behavior something as low as thievery, they just think finders keepers, lol.

I only say the things I say because I want all races to be unique in the game world and at the same time balanced. I do wish that you get your sneak back, it would make life easier for both the players that fight Bosmer and the players that play Bosmer. I would also like ZOS to bring in all the sub races from the lore, people would have so much fun. But the recent changes to khajiit allready sort of bring that in the way they are kinda good at every role.

So I agree, give Bosmer back the small sneak bonus and take away that speed boost, it will make it better for me and you ; }.

"Rajhin
    The thief-god of the Khajiiti, legend holds that Rajhin grew up in the Black Kiergo section of Senchal. In life, Rajhin was the most infamous burglar in Elsweyr's history, said to have stolen a tattoo from the neck of the Empress Kintyra as she slept. He is accredited with using the Ring of Khajiiti in his thievery, making the ring famous. After his death, Rajhin was inculcated among the Khajiit gods, to serve as an example to them of cleverness and adroit ability. His blessing is most often asked for before undertaking activities of a less-than-lawful nature."

Khakjiit have 3 deities/gods That are associated with cunning, cleverness, deceit, and thievery. You really cannot beat that.

In that chart, in the Skills Row, click on the last yellow icon for Bosmer. It’s +10 sneak. For Khajiit it’s +5.

“”but at the same time did not have security skill which was used for lock picking and thievery.”” You wrote.

Guess what, no one is asking for lockingpicking or pickpocket! We are asking for sneak radius. The sneak radius we always had. Read your own links.

Bosmer have 3 trickster gods as well. Baan Dar, Lorkhan and the Woodland Man aka Herma-Mora

I agree with it all. Well done research. @NobleMatias got just schooled to HumbleMatias. :)
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair, he had acknowledged a lot of this on pg 51 or 52, and went so far as to say Bosmer should probably get their stealth back. However, this is a more comprehensive rebuttal than what I or TheTraveller had put together.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • NobleMatias
    NobleMatias
    ✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

The Rite of Theft

"Rajhin

Guess what, no one is asking for lockingpicking or pickpocket! We are asking for sneak radius. The sneak radius we always had. Read your own links.

I agree with it all. Well done research. @NobleMatias got just schooled to HumbleMatias. :)

I got to say all you guys arguing, are naughty little agenda pushers. The links that I provided work perfectly and

The Rite of Theft

"Rajhin

Edit: this chart has the same thing

Guess what, no one is asking for lockpicking or pickpocket! We are asking for sneak radius. The sneak radius we always had. Read your own links.

Your wrong and at this point you know it. The pages I linked work perfectly fine all you have to do is scroll over the skills, and as you can see more thief related skills pertain to Khajiit more than Bosmer. Khajiit are better thiefs and deserve the sneak boost while your Bosmer are geared towards other things, get over it.

Baan Dar, the Bandit God,[1] is an obscure deity worshipped by relatively few in Tamriel. Those that do recognize him are mainly found in Valenwood and Elsweyr, "VALENWOOD AND ELSWEYR".

Main fact is that Khajiit had had more skills related to a thief while Bosmer had archery. Devs had seen this and made the change. No matter how hard you try to make your point, your point is moot.
  • NobleMatias
    NobleMatias
    ✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

The Rite of Theft

"Rajhin

At this point you all are naughty little agenda pushers. I get you like your Bosmers but acting like children wont get you anywhere. Think objectively and without bias and maybe you will get something out of it. I think for all races, lore wise, race wise, and game play wise, and being selfish with just one race doesn't help anyone else but yourselves. but I guess thats why you are here on this forum thread...... for yourselves.

Bosmer: hunter
    Khajiit: thief

I honestly dont mind or care if you guys get a little sneak bonus back, and I am sure everyone has heard you LOUD and clear.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear people are just mad cause they can't hide as well when they gank people in PVP. I don't even play a sneaky character in PVE and I've managed to do the quests in Clockwork City that required sneaking just fine.
  • WaitsInShadow
    Most of this sounds good or at least interesting to me. Though I'm a casual/noobish player

REALLY going to miss that 10% increase in damage in stealth mode for both my Wood Elf (main toon) and Khajiit considering I generally go for a stealth play style and pretty much exclusively solo player which really helped my survival.

Are there any weapons or armor sets/jewelry that provide this bonus? (sorry been AWOL for a while).

It just makes logical sense that if an enemy doesn't hear or see you coming, you'd be able to deliver a well-placed and more critical blow.
    Edited by WaitsInShadow on February 3, 2019 3:08AM
  • NobleMatias
    NobleMatias
    ✭✭
    Most of this sounds good or at least interesting to me. Though I'm a casual/noobish player

REALLY going to miss that 10% increase in damage in stealth mode for both my Wood Elf (main toon) and Khajiit considering I generally go for a stealth play style and pretty much exclusively solo player which really helped my survival.

Are there any weapons or armor sets/jewelry that provide this bonus? (sorry been AWOL for a while).

It just makes logical sense that if an enemy doesn't hear or see you coming, you'd be able to deliver a well-placed and more critical blow.

Here you go bud.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Stealth#Sets
  • WaitsInShadow

Here you go bud.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Stealth#Sets

Thanks a million! =)
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hell yeah
    at a place nobody knows
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear people are just mad cause they can't hide as well when they gank people in PVP. I don't even play a sneaky character in PVE and I've managed to do the quests in Clockwork City that required sneaking just fine.

No that’s not the reason why.

Wether you believe us or not, we aren’t sad because we can’t gank people. If anything, Khajiit with their higher crit and larger radius will be better gankers anyway.

Take a look here and you will see a comparison. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455172/a-visual-of-khajiits-new-stealth-capability-stacking-is-quite-extreme/

Also, not one of us is asking for the extra damage, just the radius reduction. Also, if we cared about pvp we’d want to keep the passive like what is on offer because the offered passive stacks with Hasty Retreat. And stealth DETECTION is only useful in pvp, and is never used in pve. So sorry to burst that bubble, we aren’t gankers.

Also, it is fine that you can complete stealthy quests with a non-stealth race, the game would be unbalanced if it were impossible. The bottom line is that a Bosmer is not as noticeable as a Nord when crouched. Bosmer have always had a higher sneak bonus than other races, as I pointed out above, it’s not hard to understand. Altmer have always been better with arcane skills. These are just facts of this universe.

Finally, stealth detection is useless in pve all the time. Full stop. If they gave Orcs a passive to hug other players instead of a useful lore friendly passive I would be here about that too.

Edited by max_only on February 4, 2019 8:06PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • GrafRUS964
    GrafRUS964
    Soul Shriven
    Good day.
    Are you out of your mind? You have the Orsimer less hardy than the dark elves. And the orsimer has less health. When were elves stronger than orcs? More skillfully - perhaps, but stronger and more enduring is nonsense. In addition, in this case, your dark elves are equally good in magic and in melee combat. Obviously, this is a clear imbalance. Both logical and game. Imperials ... you made this race simply unnecessary. But the Imperials you are worth some money. In my opinion this is a hoax. If you do not have enough imagination to make a paid race interesting and relevant - return the players money and remove it from the game. The Imperials have always been a resistant race equally capable of both magic and melee combat. Steadfastly accepting all troubles and never giving up.
    Make a truly universal race:
    * Increases Experience gain in One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Gold gain.
    * Increases your Max Health by 1000.
    * Increases your Max Stamina and Magicka by 1000.
    * When you take damage, you have a 20% chance gain 1000 Health, Stamina, Magicka.
    Such an approach will not make them indispensable, but will make them relevant.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and I am sure everyone has heard you LOUD and clear.

I think everyone really have already heard YOU being very LOUD and repetitive about YOUR opinion. YOUR opinion seems to be the one you are trying to force everyone to accept as some sort of truth. While it is just.. your.. opinion.

Have a good day though. :)

• Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im confused. Every race will be on par with each other mathematically, so why would you want to race change in the first place..... oh I know because you chose that race based on stats to begin with, makes sense now.

Every race will be on par on the total value of their racials.
    But not all races will be equal.
    With the current PTS racials, it looks like this :
    Magicka => Altmer, Breton
    Stamina => Redguard, Bosmer
    Tank => Imperial, Orc, Nord
    Heal => Argonian
    Jack-of-all-trades => Khajiit, Dunmer
    Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any adjustments to the 1H enchants?
  • Leviticus_Aurelius
    Hope that these changes can make people happy! I am just coming back after a good break. Two months after game launched … anyhow I have been enjoying the game a lot and look forward to the changes being made as I feel like they are balancing. I mean hell they are doing better than WoW, which launches things without being tested on PTS. And from the gripes I have seen ZOS has answered and given 3 Race change tokens. Probably not as many as some people would like, but they did "listen". On top of that they are giving us discounts shortly after. I think that is a win for most people.

Something I do like is Racials in ESO do give each Race a distinguished feel. As each class has perks that another does not have makes them feel unique. Anyhow that's my 2c. Hope everyone has a good day/evening/night! See you in-game!
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope that these changes can make people happy! I am just coming back after a good break. Two months after game launched … anyhow I have been enjoying the game a lot and look forward to the changes being made as I feel like they are balancing. I mean hell they are doing better than WoW, which launches things without being tested on PTS. And from the gripes I have seen ZOS has answered and given 3 Race change tokens. Probably not as many as some people would like, but they did "listen". On top of that they are giving us discounts shortly after. I think that is a win for most people.

Something I do like is Racials in ESO do give each Race a distinguished feel. As each class has perks that another does not have makes them feel unique. Anyhow that's my 2c. Hope everyone has a good day/evening/night! See you in-game!

They didn't 'listen'. They caved because of terrible optics and still stand to cash in on disrupting their customer's builds with nerfs that they say they're trying to avoid. And now they have proposed more heavy changes averse to their own goals that have pissed even more people off. This situation is not a win for anyone. I don't think anyone is against racial changes and their intended affects its that the changes proposed don't get us there.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what's the best race for a magsorc dps in pve now?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Klasen wrote: »

They are all within 1-2%.
  • Leviticus_Aurelius
    Klasen wrote: »

They are all within 1-2%.

Where can we see this information?
    Would like to see some PTS #'s myself.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's some raucous orc cheers going on, you can hear the drums in the distance. I think this iteration (4.3.2) is spot on.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is idiotic and I hope I am miss-reading it:

High Elf Changes in PTS 4.3.2
    Spell Recharge: The return for this passive will now restore your lowest maximum resource, rather than your highest. We also increased the value to 645 from 525.

So if I am maxed out on 39K Magica and I use a Class activity this will restore stamina instead of magica? WT actual F???
    Or do you mean "restore your highest maximum resource"? They key word here is "maximum resource" ARE YOU INSANE? Compare the Altmer with the ALREADY OP ORCS

Orc Changes in PTS 4.3.2
    Brawny: This passive now grants 2000 Max Stamina instead of 500 Health and 500 Stamina.
    Unflinching Rage: This passive now grants 1000 Max Health and heals you for up to 600 when you deal damage with a weapon, with a 4 second cooldown. Previously, it granted 4% Healing Taken, and 380 Stamina and Health when dealing damage with a weapon.

Are you even aware that EP Orc DK's are running aroun Cyrodiil 1 v X'ing AD players? There are EP guilds who do not accept you if you're not a Orc Stam DK. Stop this clear imbalance or REMOVE THE ANY RACE ANY ALLIANCE PAYWALL.
    Edited by marius_buys on February 5, 2019 2:32PM
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is idiotic and I hope I am miss-reading it:

High Elf Changes in PTS 4.3.2
    Spell Recharge: The return for this passive will now restore your lowest maximum resource, rather than your highest. We also increased the value to 645 from 525.

So if I am maxed out on 39K Magica and I use a Class activity this will restore stamina instead of magica? WT actual F???
    Or do you mean "restore your highest maximum resource"? They key word here is "maximum resource" ARE YOU INSANE? Compare the Altmer with the ALREADY OP ORCS

Orc Changes in PTS 4.3.2
    Brawny: This passive now grants 2000 Max Stamina instead of 500 Health and 500 Stamina.
    Unflinching Rage: This passive now grants 1000 Max Health and heals you for up to 600 when you deal damage with a weapon, with a 4 second cooldown. Previously, it granted 4% Healing Taken, and 380 Stamina and Health when dealing damage with a weapon.

Are you even aware that EP Orc DK's are running aroun Cyrodiil 1 v X'ing AD players? There are EP guilds who do not accept you if you're not a Orc Stam DK. Stop this clear imbalance or REMOVE THE ANY RACE ANY ALLIANCE PAYWALL.

Absolutely! Its turning in to a cash grab. ZOS feels greasy to me now.
  • polgarah
    polgarah
    ✭✭✭
    Are you improvising guys? I don’t get this changes.

I tested an altmer magplar in pts and being completely fair I’d have understood a small nerf in sustain but this is just absurd. It’s not related to lore and your supposed goals so the only conclusion I can get is you are improvising at this point. Original changes were really good needed of some adjustments in a few races though.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The upcoming changes to the Altmer race are disheartening.

I play a sorcerer and it is already very irritating with sustain: now that the 3rd bar got removed there is no space for dark deal on my bar anymore. It is very dumb to be forced to heavy attack all the time (or drink pots as soon as they are ready). Besides, it is not lore-conform if the Altmer race would be inferior in magicka in comparison to other races. If this 'change' goes life and there are even more sustain issues I will probably take a long break...

Also I often play as healer on my sorc. I get nothing if I am using class abilities (besides of the pet).
    Edited by Adernath on February 5, 2019 11:58PM