The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Racial Balance Changes for Update 21

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings again everyone! Just wanted to give a quick update that we're planning on making some adjustments to the racial passives in the coming weeks on the PTS based on much of your feedback. We focused mainly on improving the identity of each race with the adjustments by either improving on key areas such as a boost to Resourceful for Argonians, or enhancing the accessibility some of the bonuses provide, such as a small redesign to Red Diamond for Imperials. Aside from numerical tweaks, new small bonuses, and slight redesigns, we have a change to the calculation for how Champion Points increase your Health, Magicka, and Stamina to make it easier to follow and impact more things that you'd expect.

Thank you again everyone for the feedback, we'll have more to share on the delivery of racial changes for Update 21 when we're ready, so keep an eye out on that Dev Tracker, and we can't wait for you all to get your hands on some of the changes!

@ZOS_Gilliam you left us confused, does this mean that Racial Stats will be affected by Champion System?

I suspect that the answer to this, and more, is coming on Monday. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Greetings again everyone! Just wanted to give a quick update that we're planning on making some adjustments to the racial passives in the coming weeks on the PTS based on much of your feedback. We focused mainly on improving the identity of each race with the adjustments by either improving on key areas such as a boost to Resourceful for Argonians, or enhancing the accessibility some of the bonuses provide, such as a small redesign to Red Diamond for Imperials. Aside from numerical tweaks, new small bonuses, and slight redesigns, we have a change to the calculation for how Champion Points increase your Health, Magicka, and Stamina to make it easier to follow and impact more things that you'd expect.

Thank you again everyone for the feedback, we'll have more to share on the delivery of racial changes for Update 21 when we're ready, so keep an eye out on that Dev Tracker, and we can't wait for you all to get your hands on some of the changes!
    CP calculation changes? Interesting...

I wonder if this means they are fixing the CP percentage rounding to eliminate jump points. :smile:
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Ddera
    Ddera
    Soul Shriven
    Why the change to dunmer? It makes no sense to ruin their small fire bonus.
    There's absolutely no reason to play a dunmer with these racial tratis, if you want a glass for either magic or weapon damage.

All the builds that was based on that small fire damage perk are useless, too. Keep the fire damage perk, at least. Destroy the rest if you want!
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ddera wrote: »
    There's absolutely no reason to play a dunmer with these racial tratis, if you want a glass for either magic or weapon damage.

All the builds that was based on that small fire damage perk are useless, too. Keep the fire damage perk, at least. Destroy the rest if you want!

YOU ARE STILL GETTING 258 SPELL DAMAGE!!! Would you be happier if it was worded 258 spell damage that includes fire damage? Youre only loosing individuality not actual power. There is still ALL THE REASON to play a darkelf for magic classes if you want too. They are only parsing a few 100 dps off the top race. The boulder is not falling on Vivec. All is not doomed!
    Edited by Inklings on January 29, 2019 11:09PM
  • CLiPPx
    CLiPPx
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    CLiPPx wrote: »
    1 Race Change Token :s

What a slap in the face to all of your customers. With a HUGE change to racial passives, and ultimately changing the way the game is played, you should definitely reconsider your measly single race change token to match the number of characters an account has.

Or...

Like someone else previously stated: Give us a time period of unlimited, free race changes.

Been a customer since '14 and this is the first time I've been disappointed with ESO.

Or roll with the change and challenge yourself in making an off-meta build with the races you have been given that replaces the meta?

3rd option is easier, you explore the content without looking like a tool-bag or spending $400 dollars for no reason lol.

Ehem...did I ask for your opinion? My comment was obviously not for you, yet you felt compelled to give me your two cents anyway. Such a bag of tools YOU are.

"Roll with the change"...I take it you're a "Yes Man" and are either oblivious to--or accept--when you're being taken advantage of and don't fight back.

Anyway...when I created new characters, I created them based on their racial passives. Many hours, years even, were spent leveling and grinding to get where I'm at today. Now that the devs are doing an overhaul on racial passives, maybe...just maybe myself and 96% of other ESO players want to respec or race change due to the overhaul, which was out of our control. It only makes sense to offer a race change token for each of your characters to maintain/bolster customer trust and respect. It's not just about meta/off-meta or whatever.

ZOS: Haaayyy friend! 😏

Me: Sup

ZOS: Listen, I've got something to tell you and I'm not sure how you're gonna feel about it...😅

Me: Uh oh, go on...🤨🤔

ZOS: I know you've invested ~$600 in sub fees on and off over the past few years and spent 60+ days in-game time across all of your characters, but we're gonna go ahead and change all of your character's passives. So now, what used to work, won't anymore 😉. BAAAALLAAAANCE

Me: Ok, cool. I have no problem with that, but...you're going to let me race change for free since you're changing all of the passives, right?🤔

ZOS: Oh, no! Only gonna give you one race change token and you're going to have to pay for the rest of your characters if you want them changed 🤪

Me: Uhhh, excuse me? That's not a good look ZOSsy-poo. If all my characters that I've spent hundreds of hours on, which I still enjoy currently, won't yield the results I'm looking for due to your change, I'm going to have to race change them all!🤯

ZOS: Duh. 🤑

Me: You're seriously only giving us one free token?! You're expecting us to pay $30/toon because YOU decided to change everything. But that's out of my control and unwarranted.😠🤢

ZOS: Deal with it sucker. I know plenty of players that will pay!🤫🤑🤑

Me: I hate you right now.😑 (a love-hate feeling more or less)

Heck, I'd be ok with four tokens, but one?! Serious slap in the face.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »
    We focused mainly on improving the identity of each race with the adjustments

How about the forced "identity" of Dunmer as apparently a "hybrid" race, in a game where "hybrid" gameplay is completely unviable due to the game design? Or the "identity" of being a clear cut magic oriented race for five(!) years in ESO, suddenly to get turned into a "hybrid" overnight?

You gonna adress that too?

Dunmer is still a top pick for Magicka. So I don't see any problem here. And instead of "hybrid" which indicates you can do both but are not excelling at either I'd use "versatile" but that's exactly what Dunmer and Khajiit will be after the update - the two races that are viable and competitive in both Magicka and Stamina.

Being number 4, behind Altmer, Breton and Khajiit, as all the data shows, is certainly not a "top pick". So maybe if you don't see the problem, you should do the math.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about the forced "identity" of Dunmer as apparently a "hybrid" race, in a game where "hybrid" gameplay is completely unviable due to the game design? Or the "identity" of being a clear cut magic oriented race for five(!) years in ESO, suddenly to get turned into a "hybrid" overnight?

Dunmer is still a top pick for Magicka. So I don't see any problem here. And instead of "hybrid" which indicates you can do both but are not excelling at either I'd use "versatile" but that's exactly what Dunmer and Khajiit will be after the update - the two races that are viable and competitive in both Magicka and Stamina.

Being number 4, behind Altmer, Breton and Khajiit, as all the data shows, is certainly not a "top pick". So maybe if you don't see the problem, you should do the math.

Only if you can't sustain. Sustain really isn't that terrible anymore. Ever since the off balance changes, I rarely got into trouble even with a full damage setup. More sustain is convenient, but only that.

Dunmer has the 2nd highest damage potential for magicka of all races. That is a great position to be in, considering the difference between most races is so small now. It is up to you as a player to use this potential.
    Edited by Dracane on January 29, 2019 9:20PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The math is only 600dps off the top spot. To me that still makes them a top pick over the other 6 races you didnt mention. There is NO problem.
    Edited by Inklings on January 29, 2019 9:19PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feels good for my dunmer-magplar after 4 years will be no longer just subpar RP choice.
    Inklings wrote: »

The asteroid is not falling on Vivec. All is not doomed!
    Tell that to all those dunmers that were melted alive by Red Mountain during Red Year. :'(
    Edited by Cinbri on January 29, 2019 9:51PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t wait to see what u got planned thank you for the update I have faith and ignore the stupid hate 😊
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. Dunmer proclivity towards Destruction Magic (I.E. Fire Damage) has been a defining trait throughout the ES series. As with the issue surrounding Bosmer Stealth, this change seems opposed to the stated goals of the Racial Update with regards to Lore, diversity, racial identity and playing as one will. Players have been building Dunmer characters with the Fire Damage Passive in mind for years, why the sudden and abrupt change?

As I understand, Dunmer were always competitive with Altmer as a Magic based race and this has been reflected in lore. With the changes it seems this will no longer be the case. Updating the Dunmer capacity for a more Stamina rich experience is fine and in line with their duality as the Spellsword archetype as opposed to the Alter Mage but their Magical capacity in game shouldn't suffer in exchange.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • Nser
    Nser
    ✭✭✭
    buff dark elf and health bonus is useless not effected
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. Dunmer proclivity towards Destruction Magic (I.E. Fire Damage) has been a defining trait throughout the ES series. As with the issue surrounding Bosmer Stealth, this change seems opposed to the stated goals of the Racial Update with regards to Lore, diversity, racial identity and playing as one will. Players have been building Dunmer characters with the Fire Damage Passive in mind for years, why the sudden and abrupt change?

As I understand, Dunmer were always competitive with Altmer as a Magic based race and this has been reflected in lore. With the changes it seems this will no longer be the case. Updating the Dunmer capacity for a more Stamina rich experience is fine and in line with their duality as the Spellsword archetype as opposed to the Alter Mage but their Magical capacity in game shouldn't suffer in exchange.

Not at all, never. Not in Morrowind, not in Oblivion, not in Skyrim. Dunmer never was even compareable to Altmer and Breton. (I actually revisited all racials of those games to be certain)

In fact, Dunmer in Morrowind and Oblivion had stats more fitting for a physical based character and only a bit for magic. While Altmer always was pure magic, Breton as well. If there is a race that could be considered closely related to those, it would be Argonian.

The new ESO racials are more lore friendly than they had ever been. On the contrary, thus far, they were far from lore friendly.
    Edited by Dracane on January 29, 2019 11:03PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SodanTok wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Maybe I am reading too far into this, but that Bosmer and the stealth issue was not mentioned just makes me nervous.

Makes me hopeful they wont touch that. Funny how that works ;)

When do you use 3 meters of stealth detection?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So Bosmer have always been sneaky since the first game and this change is taking away their bonus to sneaking. This isn’t complex really. Stealth detection is not useful. no where in pve. Even if a mechanic is shoehorned in the future, the entirety of the current content that is being sold to players today has No Use for a stealth detection passive. Detecting stealthed enemies does not apply to Pve and it should remain an active skill in pvp. Just as passive dodge was removed to promote an active need for roll dodge, so too, should stealth detect require a decision on the part of the player to send up flares (Magelight) or use AOE damage.

#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just want to ask ZOS to put a little more creative thought into the Hunter's Eye passive for Bosmer. The current build for it is a copy/paste of the Bow Skill Line passive, Hasty Retreat. I already have access to a lot of speed boosts and it feels redundant.
    Also, stealth detection is pretty much useless for PvE.
    Edited by Eiron77 on January 30, 2019 12:55AM
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Carbonised You do realize if you played a Dark Elf you don't HAVE to go Hybrid, you can either go magicka or stamina. You make it sound like you have to do both..
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Maybe I am reading too far into this, but that Bosmer and the stealth issue was not mentioned just makes me nervous.

Makes me hopeful they wont touch that. Funny how that works ;)

When do you use 3 meters of stealth detection?

Exactly! Why was this even momentarily considered as a racial? It makes zero sense.

I am still hoping that this was some odd typo that somehow went live without anyone noticing. Like it was originally 3m of stealth AND 3m of stealth detect. Then at the last minute they decided to delete stealth detect but deleted the wrong half.

I am hoping it gets changed soon.
  • tv1973
    tv1973
    ✭✭
    Crossing my fingers for a Bosmer final passive fix.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being number 4 with a difference of 300-1000 DPS depending on the class (which is about dealing ~0.5-1% less DPS) for sure is not a problem (unless you make it one). In some Class/Race combos Dunmer is even the best or second best choice - again, with the minimal differences it doesn't really matter.

I doubt that 99.99% of the complainers would ever achieve the numbers in the parses so it means nothing in the end. The differences exist on paper, they won't exist in real PvE scenarios except for the very very very few 0.01% top DPS who have the performance (in game and due to their PC/internet connection), skills and conditions to make it work.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 30, 2019 5:51AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    • Increases Experience gain in Medium Armor Skill Line by 15%, 5% bonus change to successfully pickpocket → No changes
    • Nimble: 20% Health Recovery and 10% Stamina Recovery → Robustness: Increases your Health Recovery by 100 and your Stamina and Magicka recovery by 75.
    • Stealthy: Reduce detection radius by 3m and Increase damage from Stealth by 10% → Lunar Blessings: Increases your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 750.
    • Carnage: Increase Weapon Critical Chance by 8% → Feline Ambush: Increases your Weapon and Spell Critical Chance by 8%. Reduces your detection radius in Stealth by 5m.
    Developer Comment
    The Khajiiti race is one of intrigue and versatility, with a natural ability to adapt to any walk of life. Under the guidance of the moons they can fulfil any role, with a well-rounded bonus to all resources. We also wanted to better demonstrate their keenness for subterfuge and trickery, so they now have more access to critical strike chance and sneaking potential, regardless of what proficiency they build into.

I've been focused mostly on Imperial, but the more I read this the less it makes sense. Khajiit.. magic... what? From a game Lore's perspective, there is literally zero background for these changes. The "Developer Comment" is shenanigans.

Arena
    expert climbers, able to scale chasm wall sides with speed unmatched by any other race
    adept at all arts involving thieving and sleight of hand

Daggerfall
    +10 Endurance (hit points, healing rate, resistance to poisons and diseases, and fatigue/stamina)
    +10 Luck (odds of succeeding in any skill trial is modified by your luck)
    -10 Willpower (resistance to spell effects and the ease of increasing willpower/magic-related skills)
    -10 Agility (ability to hit a target, to avoid getting hit, and the ease of increasing agility-related skills)

Morrowind
    +15 Acrobatics (jumping, climbing, and avoiding damage from falls)
    +5 Athletics (trains and conditions one for running and swimming)
    +5 Hand-to-Hand (unarmed combat)
    +5 Light Armor (light-weight, flexible armors like leather, fur)
    +5 Security (open locked doors and containers, disarm traps)
    +5 Short Blade (short, quick, thrusting weapons like daggers, short swords)
    +5 Sneak (moving unseen and unheard; allows for critical hits)
    • Night Eye 50pts for 30sec on Self (able to see in the dark)
    • Demoralize Humanoid 100pts for 30sec on Target (Increases the target's Flee value by M)

Oblivion
    +10 Agility (ability to maneuver and balance, your total Fatigue, and damage done by bows)
    +10 Acrobatics (allows your character to jump higher and fall greater distances without taking damage)
    +10 Hand to Hand (how well your character can attack enemies using only fists)
    +5 Athletics (how quickly you run and swim; Fatigue regenerates progressively faster)
    +5 Blade (how well your character can use short handled sharp weapons such as daggers, swords)
    +5 Light Armor (how much protection is provided by Fur, Leather, Chainmail)
    +5 Security (a polite word for lockpicking)
    +5 Sneak (move around undetected, pick pockets, and do more damage if you attack while sneaking)
    -10 Willpower (how quickly you regenerate Magicka, and how much Fatigue you have)
    -10 Endurance (max Fatigue, your HP, and how much your HP will increase when you sleep and raise levels)
    -10 Strength (how much you can carry, how much Fatigue you have, and how much damage you can do with melee weapons)
    • Demoralize up to level 25 for 30 sec on Target, once per day (Decrease target's willingness to fight)
    • Night-Eye for 30 seconds on Self (allows you to see in the dark for D seconds)

Skyrim
    +10 Sneak
    +5 Alchemy
    +5 Archery
    +5 Lockpicking
    +5 One-handed
    +5 Pickpocket
    • Claws do 12 points of damage in addition to their base damage value of 10 points for unarmed combat
    • Improved night vision for 60 seconds, multiple times per day
    • Improved resistance to cold environments by 15 points
    • Eat raw meat without risk of disease

The repeated trend is stealth, acrobatics/climbing, lockpicking, pickpocketing, hand-to-hand, and luck/crits. In the two games where there were negative modifiers, Khajiit specifically had negative magic attributes. Health, strength, robustness, etc is also either ignored or specifically negated. The changes you are making for Khajiit do not make sense. If you want Khajiit to be unique, and still make sense in a TES game you should do it in a way which actually respects the lore. It genuinely feels like whomever made the Khajiit suggestions never played a TES game and had no clue who or what Khajiit are in the context of Tamriel.

I suggest the following would make exponentially more sense:
    • Increases Experience gain in Medium Armor Skill Line by 15%, 5% bonus chance to successfully pickpocket → No changes
    • 20% Health Recovery and 10% Stamina Recovery → Increases your Max Stamina by 1000 and your Stamina Recovery by 100
    • Reduce detection radius by 3m and Increase damage from Stealth by 10% → Reduces your detection radius in Stealth by 5m and Increase damage from Stealth by 5%.
    • Increase Weapon Critical Chance by 8% → No changes

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam
    Edited by FilteredRiddle on January 30, 2019 6:01AM
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope they add some form of sustain to Imperial. Since they are clearly focused on making it tank only, adding some magicka amd/or stamina sustain and reducing the heal which... Well... Is very low for tanks and very high for pvp... This would make them more viable as a dps race while still mainly buffing the tanking. (yes, I main a imperial dps)
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually you're wrong, Dunmer used to be a stamina oriented race. There were a lot of Stamina Dunmers around.

& Lore wise they can actually do both so whatever
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 30, 2019 7:27AM
    #MOREORBS
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will we see racial active abilities? 1 per race would be nice
    Rawr
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »
    When will we see racial active abilities? 1 per race would be nice

Interesting idea but unfortunately 99% of that will be complaints about "why does my racial suck" and just 1% will be fun.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im confused, this is a tease for upcoming nerf to CP system? does it mean cp will affect more or less stats?
    Edited by amir412 on January 30, 2019 1:25PM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still don’t get why they never changed skill lines to mean something after they get to level 50

Imperial and Redguard s&b to have reduce cost for that skill line only
    Nords 2h to have reduced cost for that skill line only
    Dunmer dual wield to have reduced cost for that skill line only
    And so on through bow, destruction staff and restoration staff races
    Breton light armour to have reduced cost for that skill line only and the ability to use the skill regardless of armour weight or more buff from passives
    Khajiit medium Armor to have reduced cost for that skill line only and the ability to use the skill regardless of armour weight or more buff from passives
    And so on with heavy armour
    Edited by macsmooth on January 30, 2019 3:15PM
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    1 Race Change Token :s

What a slap in the face to all of your customers. With a HUGE change to racial passives, and ultimately changing the way the game is played, you should definitely reconsider your measly single race change token to match the number of characters an account has.

Or...

Like someone else previously stated: Give us a time period of unlimited, free race changes.

Been a customer since '14 and this is the first time I've been disappointed with ESO.

Or roll with the change and challenge yourself in making an off-meta build with the races you have been given that replaces the meta?

3rd option is easier, you explore the content without looking like a tool-bag or spending $400 dollars for no reason lol.

Ehem...did I ask for your opinion? My comment was obviously not for you, yet you felt compelled to give me your two cents anyway. Such a bag of tools YOU are.

"Roll with the change"...I take it you're a "Yes Man" and are either oblivious to--or accept--when you're being taken advantage of and don't fight back.

Anyway...when I created new characters, I created them based on their racial passives. Many hours, years even, were spent leveling and grinding to get where I'm at today. Now that the devs are doing an overhaul on racial passives, maybe...just maybe myself and 96% of other ESO players want to respec or race change due to the overhaul, which was out of our control. It only makes sense to offer a race change token for each of your characters to maintain/bolster customer trust and respect. It's not just about meta/off-meta or whatever.

ZOS: Haaayyy friend! 😏

Me: Sup

ZOS: Listen, I've got something to tell you and I'm not sure how you're gonna feel about it...😅

Me: Uh oh, go on...🤨🤔

ZOS: I know you've invested ~$600 in sub fees on and off over the past few years and spent 60+ days in-game time across all of your characters, but we're gonna go ahead and change all of your character's passives. So now, what used to work, won't anymore 😉. BAAAALLAAAANCE

Me: Ok, cool. I have no problem with that, but...you're going to let me race change for free since you're changing all of the passives, right?🤔

ZOS: Oh, no! Only gonna give you one race change token and you're going to have to pay for the rest of your characters if you want them changed 🤪

Me: Uhhh, excuse me? That's not a good look ZOSsy-poo. If all my characters that I've spent hundreds of hours on, which I still enjoy currently, won't yield the results I'm looking for due to your change, I'm going to have to race change them all!🤯

ZOS: Duh. 🤑

Me: You're seriously only giving us one free token?! You're expecting us to pay $30/toon because YOU decided to change everything. But that's out of my control and unwarranted.😠🤢

ZOS: Deal with it sucker. I know plenty of players that will pay!🤫🤑🤑

Me: I hate you right now.😑 (a love-hate feeling more or less)

Heck, I'd be ok with four tokens, but one?! Serious slap in the face.

Not enough of us right now complaining. And if we fought and got our tokens, everyone that told us to shut up would be so happy. I don't get them.

If you don't want the race-change token, don't use em. I need them and it is so obvious to anyone, for fairness' sake, that them turning the racial passives up and down should make them give us free race-change token. So /$%/$"? stupid!

Also, to those who say dumb things like "adapt to having non-meta race and gitgud". It is the single most stupid thing one can read.

Nefas did an interview with the leaders of the top-scoring guilds in the game. Here's what they have to say about the Meta and people not playing meta:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjjfFN7b8VE&t=644s

If you still don't understand why I'm upset with them not compensating for their changes, you simply don't understand the matter and your inability to understand prevents the conversation from going forward.

I love the changes, don't think I have to pay to adapt. If you could grind race-change tokens, I would. Even then, if you still want to make money, do a sale for 10 for 5k crowns. That's 50$ man give me a break!
    Edited by CleymenZero on January 30, 2019 4:41PM
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Not at all, never. Not in Morrowind, not in Oblivion, not in Skyrim. Dunmer never was even compareable to Altmer and Breton. (I actually revisited all racials of those games to be certain)

In fact, Dunmer in Morrowind and Oblivion had stats more fitting for a physical based character and only a bit for magic. While Altmer always was pure magic, Breton as well. If there is a race that could be considered closely related to those, it would be Argonian.

The new ESO racials are more lore friendly than they had ever been. On the contrary, thus far, they were far from lore friendly.

As you well know, gameplay and lore do not always intertwine perfectly and mechanics change from game to game. Even still the Dunmer attunement to Magic cannot be dismissed. For example the Bosmer have a natural Chameleon like ability that has yet to be represented in gameplay. That doesn't mean that it can't or shouldn't be considered. Dunmeri lore is awash with references to their strong affinity for Magic. They are, aside from the remaining Ayleids, the closest living relatives to the Altmer. They have a similarly extremely long lifespan, a sign of the more Magically inclined. They host a collection of some of the most powerful and long lived Mages in Tamriel. No other races but the Altmer can boast an equivalent. The Dunmer are the Altmer only real rival in terms of Magic in Tamriel. That they are also skilled in martial arts does not discount this.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

As you well know, gameplay and lore do not always intertwine perfectly and mechanics change from game to game. Even still the Dunmer attunement to Magic cannot be dismissed. For example the Bosmer have a natural Chameleon like ability that has yet to be represented in gameplay. That doesn't mean that it can't or shouldn't be considered. Dunmeri lore is awash with references to their strong affinity for Magic. They are, aside from the remaining Ayleids, the closest living relatives to the Altmer. They have a similarly extremely long lifespan, a sign of the more Magically inclined. They host a collection of some of the most powerful and long lived Mages in Tamriel. No other races but the Altmer can boast an equivalent. The Dunmer are the Altmer only real rival in terms of Magic in Tamriel. That they are also skilled in martial arts does not discount this.

Nobody denies that they are capable, but definately not as stellar as some people make them out to be. Dunmer are top tier in eso, still and there is no room for complains in my opinion.

Here is the thing. It's logical that Dunmer are physically more capable than magically. They are impure abominations. The Altmer are so gifted because they are in the image of the gods, while Dunmer have been corrupted by daedric influence. Thus cutting their connection to the divine spark. Which obviously made them more vigorous, but severed their magical affinity. I know they like to view themselves as master mages. It must be the ash or the fumes from salty tears.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.