Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Curse Eater Really Strong

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding some of the posts that mention you won't be able to remove everything, sure. Still doesn't change the fact that removing 1 thing per second on average is crazy strong for doing nothing and vs some builds like a typical magsorc with few purgeable effects will be ridiculously strong, making it almost impossible to get curse off. Plus mag regen as extra.

Crushing shock. Potentially 3 debuffs in one hit. Add spell strategist, 4. Siphoner, 5. And im sure i could think of more, but it is 1AM and i should be in bed already. Good night.
    Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Glory wrote: »
    Y'all need to educate yourselves before posting a complaint thread.

It's proc is a universal cooldown, meaning that ONE person can potentially receive a cleanse of two effects every 2 seconds.

Do you know how easy it is to apply negative effects in this game? One light attack with double DoT poison will inflict THREE debuffs on an enemy player (siphoner, poison). So this set will purify TWO out of THREE effects from a light attack.

If you're in a ground snare (which reapplies the snare every 1s), this set will cleanse that and one other effect every 2 seconds.

If you're playing with 2 friends and the enemy using an AoE debuff (say shalk Fracture), this set will remove that one debuff over the course of 6 seconds at best.

This set isn't even strong enough to warrant using over something like transmutation/meritorious/whatever. Educate yourselves.

This game doesn't need bleeds, curse, DOTS, maim, vulnerability, poisons, mark, snares, immobilize, etc.

Not when you can remove them every other second.

It is so ridiculously easy to APPLY debuffs, and so difficult to REMOVE (4k+ cost for most sources). ZOS introduces one set that is mildly okay at removing a few at a time and it's apparently broken.

Ya sorcs have soooo many debuffs
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Regarding some of the posts that mention you won't be able to remove everything, sure. Still doesn't change the fact that removing 1 thing per second on average is crazy strong for doing nothing and vs some builds like a typical magsorc with few purgeable effects will be ridiculously strong, making it almost impossible to get curse off. Plus mag regen as extra.

Crushing shock. Potentially 3 debuffs in one hit. Add spell strategist, 4. Siphoner, 5. And im sure i could think of more, but it is 1AM and i should be in bed already. Good night.

The likelyhood of applying 3 CS debuffs in one hit is negligible, you could do it every 2 hits with asylum staff ofc. Not everyone uses spell strat, I'll admit I didn't think of siphoner but doesn't work in no-CP/BGs. Also none of those things are in-class, my point stands that magsorc has few purgeable effects and one of the most important ones is critical for burst.

The important point is that I think removing 1 debuff/s linked in with magicka recovery is overtuned.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone has continually whined after the swift nerf about perma snares and bleeds. Here is the counter. Given the number of negative effects that are constantly applied, the fact that snare is applied by almost everything, continually. Nah. Set seems fair to me.

Of course with the number of crappy sets this patch, this stands out.

On a side note, they nerf bleeds 12%, then add a set that buffs all dots, including bleeds, 14%. Whoohoo, 2% bleed buff.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    4 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    5 – When you heal yourself or an ally, remove two negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

This plus Earthgore.

lol.gif

ZOS has that good skooma, I see.

Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    4 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    5 – When you heal yourself or an ally, remove two negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

This plus Earthgore.

lol.gif

ZOS has that good skooma, I see.

Eaethgore is another brain-dead set that just procs from pressing one button
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 22, 2019 12:35AM
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it also kills mutagen
    Mutagen is for pugs
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    While this looks too strong I'm kinda happy that solo players get a strong set. Especially with the bleed builds right now.

I run solo a lot. The problem with anything that's good for solo is also good for groups. A healer running this a group, or two healers, or even a damage guy/tank with a back bar aoe or multi target burst heal or HOT... Pretty broken.
    Realistic 1vX does not work mathematically. unless overwhelming burst firepower as in bombs or automatic weapons.
    Yes and suicide bomber vest would be a bit less safe.
    Or you out gear / out level you enemies like an knight in gothic armor against peasants with axes, note that this take both skill and gear.
    Both of this tactics would benefit an larger group / stronger enemy more.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    This is soooo ridiculous LOL wow

Am I overreacting or is this one of the most broken PVP sets EVER?

You know what set was "the most broken PVP set EVER", according to these forums?

Knightslayer.

How many times have you been hit by knightslayer proc in the last 6 months?

Exactly.

How many times have you been hit by soldier of anguish proc? Personally i don't even know what it looks like.

And im sure you can think of a few more sets that followed the same pattern: exaggerated "the sky is falling" whining on the forum, followed by a live set that no-one uses. I hope ZOS has learned by now.

Yeah lets not take away this amazing healer set from gameplay...
    Options
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ridiculous. How much more can ZOS empower healers in PvP? What a brainless set that helps setups which are already overperforming.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    This is soooo ridiculous LOL wow

Am I overreacting or is this one of the most broken PVP sets EVER?

You know what set was "the most broken PVP set EVER", according to these forums?

Knightslayer.

How many times have you been hit by knightslayer proc in the last 6 months?

Exactly.

How many times have you been hit by soldier of anguish proc? Personally i don't even know what it looks like.

And im sure you can think of a few more sets that followed the same pattern: exaggerated "the sky is falling" whining on the forum, followed by a live set that no-one uses. I hope ZOS has learned by now.

Yeah lets not take away this amazing healer set from gameplay...

Exactly, how else will bosmer sorc healers make their allies immune to bleeds, curse, DOTS, maim, vulnerability, poisons, mark, snares, immobilize, etc.

:lol:
    Options
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its too powerful in compare to other purge sets, although as healer I like magicka sustain for ally, but CD should be higher per target 2 sec is too low for such power.
    Stendarr's Embrace
    (2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (5 items) When you heal a friendly target, you have a 50% chance to remove 5 negative effects from them. This can happen no more than once every 30 seconds per target.

Wyrd Tree's Blessing
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (5 items) Casting a spell has a 100% chance to remove 5 negative effect, this can occur every 15 seconds.

Or combine it with other sets thats depend from purge
    Steadfast Hero
    (2 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    (3 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (5 items) When you cleanse a negative effect from yourself or an ally, gain Major Protection for 5 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 30%. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Options
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like a broken op hardcounter to dks... should be toned down before live
    Edited by _Ahala_ on January 22, 2019 12:58AM
    Options
  • Scarpion
    Scarpion
    ✭✭✭
    Soldier of Anguish v2 yep
    SDk & MSorc.
    Options
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Its too powerful in compare to other purge sets, although as healer I like magicka sustain for ally, but CD should be higher per target 2 sec is too low for such power.
    Stendarr's Embrace
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (5 items) When you heal a friendly target, you have a 50% chance to remove 5 negative effects from them. This can happen no more than once every 30 seconds per target.

Wyrd Tree's Blessing
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (5 items) Casting a spell has a 100% chance to remove 5 negative effect, this can occur every 15 seconds.

Or combine it with other sets thats depend from purge
    Steadfast Hero
    (2 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    (3 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (5 items) When you cleanse a negative effect from yourself or an ally, gain Major Protection for 5 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 30%. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Both Stendarr's and Wyrd Tree are trash sets. Comparing any set to them is a joke.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We definitely need a cheap cleanse, but a 2 second proc cleanse is too much....
    That literally leaves room for one game play:
    - Self buff only - don't bother to debuff.
    - Do direct damage only, don't even think to build into dots.
    Options
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so let's look at a few options and see if we can come up with a rework of this set a bit if we're all so sure it's OP. Saying "IT'S OP, OMG KILL IT BEFORE IT BREEDS" on the forums is not exactly beneficial to everyone.

So, option 1 is to increase the Cooldown on the effect. if this was doubled to be 2 effects cleansed in 4 seconds, the set immediately goes from Broken to near pointless due to the absolute mass of debuffs that can be applied per second.

Think of one of many setups now with stamdens on current live. so they come in with a vMA 2H Stampede, which applies a DOT from the effect(1), a snare(2) and 2 poison dots (double dots)(3 and 4). Shalks go off(5 from fracture), DBOS (6) in to a bar swap. Spin to win with 2 enchants (7 and 8). if that spin to win is axes then (9) from bleeds. if they got a light attack off then (10) for Siphoner.

This is an extreme example obviously but one which is quite common currently. How long does that combo take to hit and apply potentially 10 debuffs? 3 seconds maybe give or take?

This is one player in a single scenario. think that your 2 cleanses every 2 seconds works there?

Literally, write out the burst combos in this way, and let's count up the debuffs applied. let's see through this how broken it can be? or whether it'll end up being good but not OP.

Unless people are willing to do this and show their point of view with evidence of how OP it is, then it's all just people shouting the sky is falling.

I'm basically playing devil's advocate a little here. I personally think the cooldown should be pushed to 3 seconds but not longer or should only proc from the 1st tick of a heal, so no multi proc from mutagen/regen or from rally.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
    Options
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Everyone has continually whined after the swift nerf about perma snares and bleeds. Here is the counter. Given the number of negative effects that are constantly applied, the fact that snare is applied by almost everything, continually. Nah. Set seems fair to me.

Of course with the number of crappy sets this patch, this stands out.

On a side note, they nerf bleeds 12%, then add a set that buffs all dots, including bleeds, 14%. Whoohoo, 2% bleed buff.

So if this set is meant to address snares just have it grant snare immunity and remove 1 bleed every 2 seconds.

Using an imbalanced set to balance an imbalanced feature is your idea of a solution?

Alternatively, they could address the actual issue instead of creating an ever bigger problem down the road.

I don't think this set is that bad and I've voiced that to both the OP and others. But it is too strong in its current iteration. Bring it in line with Wyrd Tree and then it could be considered balanced.

Purging 1 debuff every 3-5 seconds aligns it with Wyrd. The fact that removing a single debuff is less effective than 5 at once is compensated for by the magicka regen.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purges are balanced in this game because:

1. The alliance war skill is expensive and requires people to build for it.
    2. It makes Templars awesome and unique.

This set unbalances and cheapens both. Debuffs are supposed to be difficult to remove. You're not supposed to counter DK, Sorc, and nightblade every other second. Permanently.
    Options
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Example sDK:
    LA + Low Slash + Bash
    5 - 6 Dots (Maim, slow, Siphoner, 2x Poison, maybe poisoned)

LA + Venomous Claw
    1 - 3 Dots (Claw, Siphoner, maybe poisoned)

LA + Noxious Breath
    2 - 4 Dots (Noxious, Siphoner, Fracture, maybe poisoned)

So 3 seconds - 8 dots, some of them reapplied immediately when falling of.

Set balanced.

Not so much in a 1v1 against a sorc or magblades :-1:
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
    Options
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set seems broken af
    Options
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    This set seems broken af

Again, only at first glance. Write out your burst combo and what enchants/poisons you use and we'll go through it, see how many debuffs/dots are applied.
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, where can I find this set?

Asking for a stamblade.
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cropsford. Let’s take a trip together :D
    Options
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Cropsford. Let’s take a trip together :D

If you're fast it's in guild traders and gold jewellery is cheap(ish).

I'd expect a slight change to it but i don't expect it will get the Soldier of Anguish treatment (which is still bugged to be more dangerous than it should be if people had the sense to test it)
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone wants purge and complains about Templar’s. Zos gives a purge and everyone loses their mind before it’s even live.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets be honest, in pvp this really cures 1 thing every 2 seconds, because everyone is smart and runs atleast 1 point in siphoner.

Still pretty powerful i think though.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also procs poisons, if slotted, which can be 1-3 debuffs depending on the type used. So we are up to 8 in one attack lol.

The set needsa higher cooldown but the mag Regen should be higher, otherwise it's kinda fine on paper. It's like they wanted the 5 piece to be efficient. You get 2 debuffs removed but also get this small mag on a 3 second cooldown.

We really should be testing these with videos. Otherwise we are just making noise.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so let's look at a few options and see if we can come up with a rework of this set a bit if we're all so sure it's OP. Saying "IT'S OP, OMG KILL IT BEFORE IT BREEDS" on the forums is not exactly beneficial to everyone.

So, option 1 is to increase the Cooldown on the effect. if this was doubled to be 2 effects cleansed in 4 seconds, the set immediately goes from Broken to near pointless due to the absolute mass of debuffs that can be applied per second.

Think of one of many setups now with stamdens on current live. so they come in with a vMA 2H Stampede, which applies a DOT from the effect(1), a snare(2) and 2 poison dots (double dots)(3 and 4). Shalks go off(5 from fracture), DBOS (6) in to a bar swap. Spin to win with 2 enchants (7 and 8). if that spin to win is axes then (9) from bleeds. if they got a light attack off then (10) for Siphoner.

This is an extreme example obviously but one which is quite common currently. How long does that combo take to hit and apply potentially 10 debuffs? 3 seconds maybe give or take?

This is one player in a single scenario. think that your 2 cleanses every 2 seconds works there?

Literally, write out the burst combos in this way, and let's count up the debuffs applied. let's see through this how broken it can be? or whether it'll end up being good but not OP.

Unless people are willing to do this and show their point of view with evidence of how OP it is, then it's all just people shouting the sky is falling.

I'm basically playing devil's advocate a little here. I personally think the cooldown should be pushed to 3 seconds but not longer or should only proc from the 1st tick of a heal, so no multi proc from mutagen/regen or from rally.

This is fair enough and I do agree that perhaps I and others overstated the power of the set at the start. I think one of the biggest issues would be 1v1 vs a sorc so I'll bring up some specifics.

Possible Debuffs:
    Burning, Concussion, Chilled (all 3 unreliable except via asylum staff, 2 GCDs to apply 3 debuffs). vuln, maim
    Reach DoT
    Enchant debuff (possibly an extra unique debuff through disease, but also possibly not if absorb mag or something)
    Siphoner CP
    Ele Drain (not run by all sorcs)
    Spell Strat (not run by all sorcs)

Assume curse eater ticking by rapid regen from start, asylum staff in use

Purge priority: Active purgeables, damaging purgeables, status effects, debilitating effects, non-debilitating

1: LA > FP / defile, siphoner (removed by curse eater)

2: LA > Curse / siphoner, curse
    3: LA > FP / burn, concuss, chill, vuln, maim, siphoner (curse removed, one debuff, concuss for example, removed)

4: LA > Reach / siphoner, burn, reach dot, chill, vuln, maim
    5: LA > Curse / siphoner, burn, reach dot, chill, vuln, maim (curse and reach dot removed)

In conclusion while yes plenty of other debuffs will still be on target, the important one (curse) is always removed due to high priority and lack of sorc skills at a higher purge priority (reach dot is only common one at a higher priority). A sorc CANNOT realistically get curse off against a target using this set and therefore will not likely be able to burst a competent player. The set is also still being useful by getting rid of other debuffs AND giving magicka recovery at this time. So while it is not perhaps "god-tier OP" it is extremely dominant in some situations and imo simply overtuned.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Lets be honest, in pvp this really cures 1 thing every 2 seconds, because everyone is smart and runs atleast 1 point in siphoner.

Still pretty powerful i think though.

Siphoner is apparently lowest (or near it) on the purge priority list.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set basically makes it so the rapids nerf doesn't hurt the zergs too badly. Such bs. Nerf rapids, introduce set that counters the nerf. Just put this on your rapids spammer and no need to have people timing purge from templars lol.
    Options