Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Curse Eater Really Strong

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    While this looks too strong I'm kinda happy that solo players get a strong set. Especially with the bleed builds right now.

I run solo a lot. The problem with anything that's good for solo is also good for groups. A healer running this a group, or two healers, or even a damage guy/tank with a back bar aoe or multi target burst heal or HOT... Pretty broken.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 21, 2019 11:17PM
    Options
  • kaevix
    kaevix
    ✭✭✭
    this set is hilariously overpowered anyone with a semblance of intelligence can see that on first sight, the amount of people defending this set is appalling, u people are insane lmao
    Why, when an AV actress leashes her pet slave and sits on his face she's called sexy or a babe, but when I do that to my pvp opponents, I'm called toxic?

Why, when someone swaps toons to a different faction to farm 25k AP for transmutes, it's seen as a bit of naughty fun, but when I delete my DC rank 50 Grand Overlord with 4000 hours clocked to create an EP Argonian, I'm called a faction swapper?

Say no to censorship lads.
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this set is so broken that every stam will run it instead of other sources of snare removal, imagine how good this set is on stam warden with all their hots/heals + vigor + rally (no need for momentum anymore).
    nerf to 5 seconds maybe.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on January 21, 2019 11:21PM
    Options
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This set is everything I wanted for my magDK and so much more. Sounds too good to be true tbh.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First the set reads like it only goes off once every two seconds, meaning applying it to multiple people isn’t as strong as a single person.

Now is that overpowered... that depends... against single dot classes.. yea super powerful... even against multiple dot classes I’d say it’s pretty op as you’re removing damage and sustain of those dot classes. But I don’t know if it’s game breaking. To hard to tell right now.

Now if it effects multiple people every two seconds or has a different cooldown for every person then yes.. it needs a nerf.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set will do good for pvp or pve healers.
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    First the set reads like it only goes off once every two seconds, meaning applying it to multiple people isn’t as strong as a single person.

Now is that overpowered... that depends... against single dot classes.. yea super powerful... even against multiple dot classes I’d say it’s pretty op as you’re removing damage and sustain of those dot classes. But I don’t know if it’s game breaking. To hard to tell right now.

Now if it effects multiple people every two seconds or has a different cooldown for every person then yes.. it needs a nerf.

Honestly even if it is a single person it is still busted af solo or in small groups. I keep using the magsorc example because it is the most severe but honestly how could a magsorc ever kill someone with curse never being allowed to go off. It is skillless and provides extra utility in the form of mag regen. Hard-counters multiple builds.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It needs more proc conditions. Just rapid regen or rally ticking would proc this. Just fire and forget for free cleanse.

Wouldn't be surprised is things like critical leech in the champion tree procced it too.

Mag warden can use netch to get a free 3 negative effect cleaner every three seconds...
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    This is soooo ridiculous LOL wow

Am I overreacting or is this one of the most broken PVP sets EVER?

You know what set was "the most broken PVP set EVER", according to these forums?

Knightslayer.

How many times have you been hit by knightslayer proc in the last 6 months?

Exactly.

How many times have you been hit by soldier of anguish proc? Personally i don't even know what it looks like.

And im sure you can think of a few more sets that followed the same pattern: exaggerated "the sky is falling" whining on the forum, followed by a live set that no-one uses. I hope ZOS has learned by now.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring on the Curse Eater revolution!
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

You know what set was "the most broken PVP set EVER", according to these forums?

Knightslayer.

Exactly.

How many times have you been hit by soldier of anguish proc? Personally i don't even know what it looks like.

And im sure you can think of a few more sets that followed the same pattern: exaggerated "the sky is falling" whining on the forum, followed by a live set that no-one uses. I hope ZOS has learned by now.

Soldier of anguish was heavily nerfed at the request of players because it was so strong. Knightslayer? lol.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Knightslayer.

Exactly.

erm maybe because soldier of anguish got nerfed before it was properly released?
    the original design of the set was ridiculous
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Bring on the Curse Eater revolution!

plz no :'(

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, let's defend a permanent purge buff that ticks two negative effects every other second with a hot running.

This game doesn't need bleeds, curse, DOTS, maim, vulnerability, poisons, mark, snares, immobilize, etc.

/Sarcasm. Obviously
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a really nice set for solo players and will help mitigate the issues casters have with snares.

Maybe just make it self-only.
    Edited by zyk on January 21, 2019 11:46PM
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it will balance out the nerf to rapids. /s
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a really nice set for solo players and will help mitigate the issues casters have with being able to die.

Obvious exaggeration, don't take it too seriously.
    Edited by lassitershawn on January 21, 2019 11:45PM

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now how many of people claiming it's overpowered and broken like hell actually tested it on PTS ? I am not saying it's not strong set but seriously how many people can actually support that claims with actual tests results ?
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Now how many of people claiming it's overpowered and broken like hell actually tested it on PTS ? I am not saying it's not strong set but seriously how many people can actually support that claims with actual tests results ?

Imo this is in the same category of "Soldier of Anguish" type sets that are obviously busted.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a really nice set for solo players and will help mitigate the issues casters have with being able to die.

Obvious exaggeration, don't take it too seriously.

Actually it's not. Do the math and mechanics.

Don't take the people defending this set seriously, everyone wants a free carry and nobody likes to die.
    Edited by Minalan on January 21, 2019 11:59PM
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Some things are obviously broken from the word go.

Rapid regen lasts 16.5 seconds. With this set you can cleanse 16 negative effects and restore 1200 magica (basically 150 magica regen) for pressing one button every 16.5 seconds.

Plus you can't recreate live PvP on the pts. Imagine being outnumbered fighting two guys with this on. Everything you do except direct damage will dissapearing quicker than you can apply them.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 22, 2019 12:01AM
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Imo this is in the same category of "Soldier of Anguish" type sets that are obviously busted.

And how many people is using soldier of anguish right now ?
    Options
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe the Magicka Gain and Negative Effect Removal should be on separate cooldowns. Can a set have 2 cooldowns?
    Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    This set will do good for pvp or pve healers.

It's too good. Curse is about the only skill a sorc can land with any consistency. Negate that and it just screw sorcs over more.
    Edited by bardx86 on January 22, 2019 6:25AM
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the Magicka Gain and Negative Effect Removal should be on separate cooldowns. Can a set have 2 cooldowns?

If what you're suggesting is that they make the magicka recovery happen every 2s and increase the time on the purge, yes they could probably do this and should definitely nerf the purge part in some way.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Y'all need to educate yourselves before posting a complaint thread.

It's proc is a universal cooldown, meaning that ONE person can potentially receive a cleanse of two effects every 2 seconds.

Do you know how easy it is to apply negative effects in this game? One light attack with double DoT poison will inflict THREE debuffs on an enemy player (siphoner, poison). So this set will purify TWO out of THREE effects from a light attack.

If you're in a ground snare (which reapplies the snare every 1s), this set will cleanse that and one other effect every 2 seconds.

If you're playing with 2 friends and the enemy using an AoE debuff (say shalk Fracture), this set will remove that one debuff over the course of 6 seconds at best.

This set isn't even strong enough to warrant using over something like transmutation/meritorious/whatever. Educate yourselves.
    Edited by Glory on January 21, 2019 11:57PM
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »

It's proc is a universal cooldown, meaning that ONE person can potentially receive a cleanse of two effects every 2 seconds.

Do you know how easy it is to apply negative effects in this game? One light attack with double DoT poison will inflict THREE debuffs on an enemy player (siphoner, poison). So this set will purify TWO out of THREE effects from a light attack.

If you're in a ground snare (which reapplies the snare every 1s), this set will cleanse that and one other effect every 2 seconds.

If you're playing with 2 friends and the enemy using an AoE debuff (say shalk Fracture), this set will remove that one debuff over the course of 6 seconds at best.

This set isn't even strong enough to warrant using over something like transmutation/meritorious/whatever. Educate yourselves.

This game doesn't need bleeds, curse, DOTS, maim, vulnerability, poisons, mark, snares, immobilize, etc.

Not when you can remove them every other second.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People complaining about the set seriously underestimate the amount of debuffs a character typically has on it at any given time while fighting.

Like i poster earlier, i tried to use the 2-debuff-cleanse version of my templar's cleanse, and it felt like i was not having a cleanse at all. I went back to the 5-debuff cleanse, and i quickly got into the habit of using it twice in a row, or it still wont remove everything.
    Options
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Minalan wrote: »

Not when you can remove them every other second.

It is so ridiculously easy to APPLY debuffs, and so difficult to REMOVE (4k+ cost for most sources). ZOS introduces one set that is mildly okay at removing a few at a time and it's apparently broken.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding some of the posts that mention you won't be able to remove everything, sure. Still doesn't change the fact that removing 1 thing per second on average is crazy strong for doing nothing and vs some builds like a typical magsorc with few purgeable effects will be ridiculously strong, making it almost impossible to get curse off. Plus mag regen as extra.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options