• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Curse Eater Really Strong

lassitershawn
lassitershawn
✭✭✭✭✭
2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
4 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
5 – When you heal yourself or an ally, remove two negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

This + rapid regen will rob templars of class identity, ruin any burst that depends on purgeable burst or effects in general (sorc curse for example + DoTs) and on top of that has some sustain roped in. Crazy busted.

EDIT:
Because this post did not have enough informative content or data, I did some research on purge priority and came up with this:
Purge priority: Active purgeables (jesus beam), damaging purgeables (dots, CURSE), status effects (vuln, concussed, etc), debilitating effects (I think snares are here), non-debilitating (spell strat, martial knowledge). This is what I was able to find if it is incorrect correct me but I think it is accurate.

So as an extreme worst case scenario of where this set would be OP is someone using it in a 1v1 vs a magsorc where the only commonly applied purgeable effect equal in priority to curse is the reach DoT. Burn, chilled, concussed, maim, vuln, ele drain, spell strat, siphoner, defile (enchant) are the other possible common debuffs a sorc can have but none of them exceed curse priority. Siphoner is LOW priority so the argument "1 point in siphoner" is invalid.

Asylum staff spell strat sorc vs curse eater user:

1: LA > FP / defile, siphoner, spell strat (defile, spell strat removed)

2: LA > Curse / siphoner, curse
3: LA > FP / burn, concuss, chill, vuln, maim, siphoner, curse (curse and a status, vuln for example, removed)

4: LA > Reach / burn, concuss, chill, maim, siphoner, reach dot
5: LA > Curse / burn, concuss, chill, maim, siphoner, reach dot, curse (reach dot and curse removed)

You CANNOT get curse off against a user of this set using a HoT. It is virtually impossible to kill a competent player if you can NEVER get curse off against them. They are also removing other strong debuffs like spell strat, defile, vuln, reach dot and buffing their magicka regen. This is possibly the strongest scenario the set can get but in my opinion 1 removed debuff/s (mostly the strongest ones first excluding snares which are low) plus nice regen is overtuned just for having a HoT running. This is also a strong candidate for a backbar set. It should either not proc on DoTs, have an increased cooldown, or both. Possibly increase the regen component as compensation.
Edited by lassitershawn on January 22, 2019 4:15AM
William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • kaevix
    kaevix
    ✭✭✭
    literally soldier of anguish round 2, zos loves merry go rounds
    Why, when an AV actress leashes her pet slave and sits on his face she's called sexy or a babe, but when I do that to my pvp opponents, I'm called toxic?

Why, when someone swaps toons to a different faction to farm 25k AP for transmutes, it's seen as a bit of naughty fun, but when I delete my DC rank 50 Grand Overlord with 4000 hours clocked to create an EP Argonian, I'm called a faction swapper?

Say no to censorship lads.
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It affects on single target, nerfing this set will make it again useless.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it’s going to affect anyone it’s going to be dot users.
    Edited by Xsorus on January 21, 2019 10:48PM
    Options
  • kaevix
    kaevix
    ✭✭✭

ye but literally everyone including stam will run it. its so absurdly broken lmao
    Why, when an AV actress leashes her pet slave and sits on his face she's called sexy or a babe, but when I do that to my pvp opponents, I'm called toxic?

Why, when someone swaps toons to a different faction to farm 25k AP for transmutes, it's seen as a bit of naughty fun, but when I delete my DC rank 50 Grand Overlord with 4000 hours clocked to create an EP Argonian, I'm called a faction swapper?

Say no to censorship lads.
    Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree its way overtuned. Either increase CD, remove magicka restore or make the purge only applicable to you. Really happy otherwise on the change and the direction the game is heading
    Options
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it also kills mutagen
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a skillless auto purge and I'd imagine if it goes live as is a huge amount of magicka users will be using it next patch. Sure if one person in a huge group is using it it might not be OP but even one person in a 4 man would be extremely strong. It should have a longer cooldown or not proc on Hots.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think other than dunmer being kind of bad for mag now this is the only bad change in the patch btw so I want to give credit where it is due. Very nice patch otherwise.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade, backbaring it

- vigor + cloak purging dots (DK dots, curses, marks, defiles)
    - Enough mag sustain for perma cloak
    - Master DW front bar

Will be fun
    Edited by Neloth on January 21, 2019 10:50PM
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wyrd Tree on steroids :( And it's a Light set too
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, i like it.

In your face, overperforming bleed builds :p
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s more powerful solo then in a group I think. Though if you get a huge group with the set it’ll probably be powerful.
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's an entire 5pc, with a fairly weak 4pc. It's almost completely useless versus a build that don't rely on DOTS.
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hey, i like it.

Ruining one type of overperforming build by replacing it with something twice as cancerous doesn't seem like a good idea to me lol

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, i like it.

2 Wrongs = Not Right
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is completely absurd. Some hard to kill builds will become impossible to kill with all the passive purging.
    The Eon Pokémon.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What will end up happening is the same thing that happened in Guild Wars 2 with condition builds.

People at the beginning thought that stacking condition stacks like huge bleeds was really powerful but when I made my ranger build in that game I told everyone that huge stacks of bleed isn’t powerful, what was powerful in that game was the amount of different conditions you could apply. Even *** ones of just like 1 stack was way better then having just a bunch of stacks of one condition because it blocked your conditions from be cleansed. This set will cause the same thing.

You’ll want as many dots as possible to counter it.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It purges 2 things every 2 seconds, anyone who's been hit by piercing mark or the like knows that has a lot of individual things that each need to be purged, sets like wyrd tree and stendarr already exist and purge 5 debuffs a proc (with wyrd having a 15s cooldown and stendarr having a 30s cooldown per target) and those didn't end the world. Only way this could be overpowered is if someone is using this solo, but even then the number of purgable effects they would be facing would still likely outpace it by a lot.
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest. Even templars are considering running this becouse IT'S FREE.

On the other hand it's only one target.

Maybe bump the cooldown to 5 seconds idk.
    Edited by Skander on January 21, 2019 11:03PM
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes no skill because it works on HoTs.

Worst case scenario would be a sorc fighting a user of this set, it would be nearly impossible to make a curse go off against someone using a passive HoT. Killing someone who isn't a potato is borderline impossible without curse and sorc has no native debuffs and few DoTs to be eaten.

This set needs to not work on HoTs and have a longer cooldown possibly 4-6 seconds for it to be balanced imo.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    It purges 2 things every 2 seconds, anyone who's been hit by piercing mark or the like knows that has a lot of individual things that each need to be purged, sets like wyrd tree and stendarr already exist and purge 5 debuffs a proc (with wyrd having a 15s cooldown and stendarr having a 30s cooldown per target) and those didn't end the world. Only way this could be overpowered is if someone is using this solo, but even then the number of purgable effects they would be facing would still likely outpace it by a lot.

My stamplar can confirm. Im running the 5-effect cleanse because 2 effects cleansed often felt like nothing. Even with the 5-effect version i often need to cleanse multiple times to get rid of the whole row of debuffs usually spanning my screen from left to right.

It will be a good counter however to those who just rely on 1-2 powerful effects on their target to do their killing for them.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaevix wrote: »

ye but literally everyone including stam will run it. its so absurdly broken lmao

Haha, when I read it I instantly thought of using a bow backbar on a stamblade or Stam sorc. Magica regen is really nice on both of them so the 2-3 bonus isn't wasted. Then another magic regen bonus, 150 equivalent magica recovery and a cleanse when you vigor... Straight busted.

On a magica character. Like, why wouldn't you backbar this set??
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 21, 2019 11:14PM
    Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make curse not purgeable. Dam this is busted.
    Options
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this looks too strong I'm kinda happy that solo players get a strong set. Especially with the bleed builds right now.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

My stamplar can confirm. Im running the 5-effect cleanse because 2 effects cleansed often felt like nothing. Even with the 5-effect version i often need to cleanse multiple times to get rid of the whole row of debuffs usually spanning my screen from left to right.

It will be a good counter however to those who just rely on 1-2 powerful effects on their target to do their killing for them.

Please, the set basically makes you immune to magsorcs and crazy strong against anyone using DoTs. It takes no skill to use because it works on HoTs. Not only that but it will essentially proc on CD and has magicka recovery baked in as well so the 5pc serves a double purpose. The 2, 3, 4pc bonuses are strong as well.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice an new meta healer set :)
    Has SPC weapons and jewelery so jut has to farm this in normal.
    And yes this one has some fear it will be nerfed
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Latios wrote: »
    It is completely absurd. Some hard to kill builds will become impossible to kill with all the passive purging.

Permablock DKs that will back bar this and the new monster set. Heal under 50% health to remove 2 debuffs and gain an equivalent of 387 Stam recovery (while blocking) and 150 magica recovery. Yeh, super busted.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 21, 2019 11:18PM
    Options
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    too strong. Please nerf to 10 seconds
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is soooo ridiculous LOL wow

Am I overreacting or is this one of the most broken PVP sets EVER?
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    This is soooo ridiculous LOL wow

Am I overreacting or is this one of the most broken PVP sets EVER?

Nope it is.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options