Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Curse Eater Really Strong

• WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    This looks like a broken op hardcounter to dks... should be toned down before live

About time dks faced hard counters....

Except this set would arguably be best on a mDK. It shores up one of their biggest weaknesses and provides good 2,3,4 set bonuses. This set would make mDK downright oppressive in 1v1 so keep that in mind when you see the few people who actually argue this set isn't OP.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a horse in this race, but come on folks lets be reasonable here. Lets not turn this into another Asylum Destro where it was turned into a useless POS

A reasonable change to Curse Eater would be:

Current Bonus:
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (5 items) When you heal yourself or an ally, remove two negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

Proposed Change
    2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (5 items) When you heal yourself or an ally, remove one negative effects from them. You also reduce the duration of any further negative effects by 50% for 4 seconds. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 100 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

My proposed change makes the set strong and useful while not making it useless or overpowered. The snare and dot meta in this game is complete cancer and is a big reason why I don't log as much anymore. Its not fun to play in molasses or having 8-10 effects on you with no purge(as a Mag DK your boned)

They also need to convert Wyrd Tree into a Light Armor set with Arcane Rings and reduce the cooldown on the set from 15 seconds to 8 seconds. These would be good changes to the game overall as the way things are in PVP its terrible for anyone not part of a ballgroup zerg.

I appreciate ZOS throwing us a bone with this curse eater set. In its current state it is too strong, but changing it the way i propose...would be perfect and I just might play more if they do. My proposed change gives it half the purging ability of Efficient Purge and only a little over 80% of its negative effect reducing bonus...its the PERFECT bonus for this set.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With changes to this set i would alter it but not to extremes:

Current Bonus:
    (5 items) When you heal yourself or an ally, remove two negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

Proposed Change:
    (5 items) When you heal yourself or an ally, remove 2 negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 3 seconds. This effect may only occur from the first tick of a heal.

This way you have to actively proc it from a heal, so no casting mutagen and 8 seconds later it breaking you free from a CC.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Proposed Change:
    (5 items) When you heal yourself or an ally, remove 2 negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 3 seconds. This effect may only occur from the first tick of a heal.

This way you have to actively proc it from a heal, so no casting mutagen and 8 seconds later it breaking you free from a CC.
    This sounds balanced af. 👍
    Edited by ccmedaddy on January 23, 2019 7:29PM
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A different proc... yes. Cooldown absolutely not.
    Wuuffyy,
    WW/berserker playstyle advocate (I play ALL classes proficiently in PvP outside of WW as well)
    ESO player since 2014 (Xbox and PC for PTS)
    -DM for questions
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A different proc... yes. Cooldown absolutely not.

If the cooldown becomes too long the set becomes worthless. But if you can control the proc so it can't be auto'd like currently with mutagen/rally then it stops one of the biggest issues of it breaking CC's if there's nothing else to cleanse.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just going to leave this here
    Curse Eater's purge potential is indeed harmful to certain dueling match-ups. This is a great catch by all of you who tried the set out in PTS and we're looking at ways to adjust the set so that Curse Eater won't dominate certain classes while still giving players more cleansing tools.

• JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes this set broken is the fact that you dont have to activley do anything other then refresh a hot.

Think about how useful it is to use allot of purge in pvp, now imagine you dont have to do anything and can now cast other skills while getting that effect.

I could literally ignore a sorcs burst. No defile off snipe and incap ganks for easy heal rebounds. The first tick of radiant is the last tick. No DOTs will do real damage to me and if they do all i have to do is cast a simple heal.

Again, this set is op because you dont have to do anything for a massive benefit. They need to atleast double the cooldown.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes this set broken is the fact that you dont have to activley do anything other then refresh a hot.

Think about how useful it is to use allot of purge in pvp, now imagine you dont have to do anything and can now cast other skills while getting that effect.

I could literally ignore a sorcs burst. No defile off snipe and incap ganks for easy heal rebounds. The first tick of radiant is the last tick. No DOTs will do real damage to me and if they do all i have to do is cast a simple heal.

Again, this set is op because you dont have to do anything for a massive benefit. They need to atleast double the cooldown.

This is a good point, active purgeables like radiant are highest in the purge priority.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you have three stambros hitting you with two effects a second you will see how underperforming this set is.

It's not good for a toon being focus fired, will do absolutely *** for you. It will only be good as a support armor for groups. The world is not ending. It might over perform 1v1, but let's face it...who ever ends up being in a 1v1 in cyrodil?
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vote for medium set that while momentum on you autododge 2 direct dmg skills or projectiles every 2 seconds (aoe included)
    Edited by labambao on January 23, 2019 10:11PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With changes to this set i would alter it but not to extremes:

Current Bonus:

Proposed Change:

<---- Spams Swallow Soul.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can people stop crying nerf over every little thing?

Better yet, just nerf everything already. Get it out of the way to make a boring game.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

While that is true in theory, has anyone tested it? I have ZOS' buff tracker set up to only show my debuffs. When I get ganked by a stamblade, I immediately have 5 or 6 effects on me, because so many things count as a separate effect. I suspect the set will be more effective against Curse and Power of the Light, though.

I know that most everyone regards Efficient Purge as a signature templar skill that you must run in PvP or you're stupid. For solo / small scale, I disagree. I find it useful in some duels, but overall I find the opportunity cost of that skill far too high. It is one of two skills - Honor the Dead being the other - that can so easily back you into a purely defensive corner. Not my cup of tea. I set my magplar up with HOTs, and no purge, and I feel all the better for it.

I feel conflicted about this set. It might be OP in it's current form, but changing it so it would only proc when you cast a heal, as suggested by another poster, would immediately nerf it to the point where I'd probably rule it out for myself. Unless, of course, that heal could be an offensive skill. Sweeps, Swallow Soul, Bloodthirst, Radiant Glory all come to mind.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When people talk about Mutagen / Rapid Regen, I think what most of you forget is that almost every magicka class has a self-heal from attack. Templar: Sweeps, Radiant Glory. Magblade: Swallow Soul, Siphoning Attacks. DK: Power Lash, Burning Embers. Warden: Any animal skill, Living Trellis, Lotus Blossom. Sorc: Any Dark Magic skill, such as Frags and Mines. You can choose to only self-heal, if you forego the popular resto skills. In CP there are also the Critical Leech and Resilient passives.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A skillless & boring game is when the items play for the player rather than the player making any meaningful decisions.
    This set is one more example for an item which is doing all the work for the player.
    Proc sets in general and this item set should be either removed or changed completely to have a less meaningful impact on combat.
    This set existence is a proof that the combat team is nowhere near balancing this game correctly, not by a long shot.
    Edited by Universe on January 24, 2019 11:59AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    A skillless & boring game is when the items play for the player rather than the player making any meaningful decisions.
    This set is one more example for an item which is doing all the work for the player.
    Proc sets in general and this item set should be either removed or changed completely to have a less meaningful impact on combat.
    This set existence is a proof that the combat team is nowhere near balancing this game correctly, not by a long shot.
    What that line of thought ignores is that you can only wear two sets and a monster set. Creating a build that works in most situations is tough. The more I play the game, the more I come back to basic stat sets, such as Amber Plasm. Having good stamina sustain, as a magicka character, is simply the most versatile defense you can have. If I wear this set instead, I will need a damage set with it and am foregoing other defenses, such as Amber Plasm (more dodge rolls), Riposte / Impreg / Transmutation (less damage), Skooma Smuggler (higher speed), and so on. Curse Eater had better be useful in many situations, otherwise it won't even make it onto the list of sets I'd consider. It really comes down to how it feels in terms of snare removal, for example. I agree this set may do (far) too much, but I think we have to listen to the people who are testing it. In terms of removing proc sets altogether, that is clearly a dead horse when you look at the sets ZOS continue to introduce. You might as well be tilting at windmills.

Every patch something is being talked about endlessly. Sometimes it's justified (Sloads), sometimes not. I remember the 2H ult being a talking point, but I hardly see anyone using it now. I personally can't yet tell where this set falls on the spectrum. With Murkmire at least ZOS fixed the enchants shortly after it went live on PC. Clearly they are offering this up for testing on the PTS and the only fear is that they may be too busy to adjust it before live.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »

I don´t think people can wrap their head around how strong this is at the moment - they have to ask themselves a question: Is someone that can´t die and is spamming alliance war purge for you personally every 2s useful/op? Because that´s essentially what it comes down to.

Dunno about alliance war purge, but i can tell you about ritual of retribution: as far as cleansing goes, it is pretty much useless, even if spammed once every second and not two. There's a reason templars run extended ritual instead.

Extended Ritual is much better than Purge generally, no question. But both are expensive skills that cost a GCD which is kind of important under high pressure.
    I've used Purge on my build for half a year or more after Morrowind. Was worth it, but the cost and time it takes to use it made it a difficult decision. Now compare that to Curse Eater. I'm going to have a HoT running in the slot I used for Purge then, I'm not going to spend any time on purging, it will happen more often anyway and I'll have some sustain to help mitigate the loss of one of my damage sets. Still got some sustain in my build I could throw out instead.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

I don´t think people can wrap their head around how strong this is at the moment - they have to ask themselves a question: Is someone that can´t die and is spamming alliance war purge for you personally every 2s useful/op? Because that´s essentially what it comes down to.

Dunno about alliance war purge, but i can tell you about ritual of retribution: as far as cleansing goes, it is pretty much useless, even if spammed once every second and not two. There's a reason templars run extended ritual instead.

Extended Ritual is much better than Purge generally, no question. But both are expensive skills that cost a GCD which is kind of important under high pressure.
    I've used Purge on my build for half a year or more after Morrowind. Was worth it, but the cost and time it takes to use it made it a difficult decision. Now compare that to Curse Eater. I'm going to have a HoT running in the slot I used for Purge then, I'm not going to spend any time on purging, it will happen more often anyway and I'll have some sustain to help mitigate the loss of one of my damage sets. Still got some sustain in my build I could throw out instead.

If you are under high pressure, then purging 2 effects every 2 seconds won't help you much. That was my point. I am using extended ritual, and even so i often have to use it twice in a row to really feel the effect. With purge/retribution, trying to keep up with the rate of debuff application seemed a lost cause.

Now, the set won't eat a GCD for the cleanse, yes. But it still won't cleanse effects any quicker than the above. If you ever get into a situation in which you would have to use extended ritual twice to survive - too bad, 1 debuff/sec is all you get.

In general cyrodiil gameplay, the set is average. In specific dueling it is powerful - but then, so is meridia.
    Edited by Sharee on January 24, 2019 1:25PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In general cyrodiil gameplay, the set is average. In specific dueling it is powerful - but then, so is meridia.
    I like that comparison. I am not sure how accurate it is, but I like it. When you say the set is average, does that mean you've had some general Cyrodiil gameplay on the PTS?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I like that comparison. I am not sure how accurate it is, but I like it. When you say the set is average, does that mean you've had some general Cyrodiil gameplay on the PTS?

No, i haven't - fair enough (of course it is kinda impossible to get typical Vivec experience on PTS.)

I do however have experience with blessed meridia: very effective 1v1 (if this procs you can Meditate, and all he can do is watch), however as soon as a second enemy attacks you, you have a 5-piece bonus that does nothing at all against him. Curse eater is similar in this regard. Capable of countering the debuffs of one attacker pretty well (unless its a low slash spam build, etc.), but quickly outpaced as soon as another joins in. Which, in cyrodiil, is pretty typical, i dare say.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

If you are under high pressure, then purging 2 effects every 2 seconds won't help you much. That was my point. I am using extended ritual, and even so i often have to use it twice in a row to really feel the effect. With purge/retribution, trying to keep up with the rate of debuff application seemed a lost cause.

Now, the set won't eat a GCD for the cleanse, yes. But it still won't cleanse effects any quicker than the above. If you ever get into a situation in which you would have to use extended ritual twice to survive - too bad, 1 debuff/sec is all you get.

That was your point and I disagree, based on my experience playing with and without Purge and the fact that this set removes the drawbacks Purge comes with.

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, i haven't - fair enough (of course it is kinda impossible to get typical Vivec experience on PTS.)

I do however have experience with blessed meridia: very effective 1v1 (if this procs you can Meditate, and all he can do is watch), however as soon as a second enemy attacks you, you have a 5-piece bonus that does nothing at all against him. Curse eater is similar in this regard. Capable of countering the debuffs of one attacker pretty well (unless its a low slash spam build, etc.), but quickly outpaced as soon as another joins in. Which, in cyrodiil, is pretty typical, i dare say.
    Well, you can see how a 1vXer, like Jack Daniell, would have a problem with it. He will be LoSing people most of the time and has to make his burst count, when he gets the chance. I know he plays templar among other classes. I see the biggest problem with the set in countering the sorc curse and templar PotL, something it will have multiple chances to do, before the ability hits. It will also cancel things like Elemental Drain, presumably.

People have argued that the set favors solo players. I'm not so sure. Like you say, you get zerged down, you get zerged down. I guess, if you're hugging a tree, it will help you get rid of debuffs faster and it will help NBs purge that annoying second Curse explosion that knocks you out of cloak. I see good synergy with Cloak, since getting rid of debuffs will also get rid of the DOT combat text that gives away your position. On the other hand the set will mess with people's burst, from Curse, to PotL, to DB (the DOT), to Incap (the Defile). I'm not sure that's a win for solo players. When you think about it, the only class whose burst comes out unscathed is warden.
    Edited by fred4 on January 24, 2019 2:32PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a horse in this race, but come on folks lets be reasonable here. Lets not turn this into another Asylum Destro where it was turned into a useless POS

A reasonable change to Curse Eater would be:

Current Bonus:

Proposed Change
    (5 items) When you heal yourself or an ally, remove one negative effects from them. You also reduce the duration of any further negative effects by 50% for 4 seconds. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 100 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

My proposed change makes the set strong and useful while not making it useless or overpowered. The snare and dot meta in this game is complete cancer and is a big reason why I don't log as much anymore. Its not fun to play in molasses or having 8-10 effects on you with no purge(as a Mag DK your boned)

They also need to convert Wyrd Tree into a Light Armor set with Arcane Rings and reduce the cooldown on the set from 15 seconds to 8 seconds. These would be good changes to the game overall as the way things are in PVP its terrible for anyone not part of a ballgroup zerg.

I appreciate ZOS throwing us a bone with this curse eater set. In its current state it is too strong, but changing it the way i propose...would be perfect and I just might play more if they do. My proposed change gives it half the purging ability of Efficient Purge and only a little over 80% of its negative effect reducing bonus...its the PERFECT bonus for this set.

Agreed. Also, did you see the post where a guy was getting a 21k tooltip on rending and another 15k off axe bleed? And here we are creating noise on curse eater lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, you can see how a 1vXer, like Jack Daniell, would have a problem with it. He will be LoSing people most of the time and has to make his burst count, when he gets the chance.

Right, however if one of his opponents wore meridia, he would be potentially even worse off, because instead of not being able to burst one of the X, his dawnbreaker would miss *everyone*.

So why isnt there an outcry against meridia? Mainly because virtually no-one uses it in the chaos that is cyrodiil. It only helps 1v1, and 1v1 without an add is rare. Curse eater suffers from the same limitation. I do not believe ZOS chose the 2 effects/2 sec randomly. They looked at how often effects are applied on average, and went from there, to make a set that would counter a desired percentage of these incoming debuffs. Of course if you do that, then the set will be both overperforming and underperforming, depending on how often the debuffs really are applied, and that naturally varies from fight to fight.

My concern is that they will now rebalence the set for a low-incoming-debuff scenario, making it completely useless in a high-debuff scenario (and that means "typical cyrodiil keep fight"), and the set will end up a roadkill right next to Knightslayer and Soldier of Anguish. Those, too, sparked huge nerf cries, and look where they ended up - i havent been hit by knightslayer in ages, and by anguish *at all*. I don't want to see curse eater in that company.
    Edited by Sharee on January 24, 2019 3:23PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, you can see how a 1vXer, like Jack Daniell, would have a problem with it. He will be LoSing people most of the time and has to make his burst count, when he gets the chance.

Right, however if one of his opponents wore meridia, he would be potentially even worse off, because instead of not being able to burst one of the X, his dawnbreaker would miss *everyone*.

So why isnt there an outcry against meridia? Mainly because virtually no-one uses it in the chaos that is cyrodiil. It only helps 1v1, and 1v1 without an add is rare. Curse eater suffers from the same limitation. I do not believe ZOS chose the 2 effects/2 sec randomly. They looked at how often effects are applied on average, and went from there, to make a set that would counter a desired percentage of these incoming debuffs. Of course if you do that, then the set will be both overperforming and underperforming, depending on how often the debuffs really are applied, and that naturally varies from fight to fight.

My concern is that they will now rebalence the set for a low-incoming-debuff scenario, making it completely useless in a high-debuff scenario (and that means "typical cyrodiil keep fight"), and the set will end up a roadkill right next to Knightslayer and Soldier of Anguish. Those, too, sparked huge nerf cries, and look where they ended up - i havent been hit by knightslayer in ages, and by anguish *at all*. I don't want to see curse eater in that company.
    Well, I believe a Knightslayer / Torug's Pact stamsorc werewolf won a big duelling tournament recently. Other than that, yeah.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knightslayer is still a decent set and sometimes I come across someone using it.

I honestly have no idea why there aren't some zerglings using Meridia. It would be effective for what they do.

I still think Curse Eater would be just fine if it procced only when you actually use a healing ability and had a slightly longer cooldown. Would still be a better option than the purging sets we have but not just negate anyone's pressure and no auto cc break.

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There have been some good suggestions in this thread - really fair ones.

Zenimax's first mistake was introducing the set the way it is, but their second mistake will be killing it.

I hope I'm wrong though.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There have been some good suggestions in this thread - really fair ones.
    Honestly I'm not sure about that. For all I know 2 effects could be just right. The following suggestion has greater complexity and potentially adds ever so slightly more server processing time / lag:

Nor is it even clear whether that isn't, in fact, a buff over removing 2 effects outright, but leaving the remaining ones at their full duration. Consider 6 effects running for 6 seconds each, and a heal tick one second in:

ZOS:

After 1 sec: 4 effects remain
    After 3 sec: 2 effects remain
    After 5 sec: All effects cleared

Revised:

After 1 sec: 5 effects remain, shortened to 2.5 seconds, from 5 seconds
    After 3 sec: 4 effects remain
    After 3.5 sec: All effects cleared

And that's without considering the possibility of cumulative shortening of already shortened effects every 2 seconds.

This suggestion on the other hand:

The cooldown would nerf the set, but the first tick of heal requirement is not well thought out, since the poster is apparently only thinking of Mutagen / Rapid Regen. What about Siphoning Attacks, Living Trellis, Power Surge, CP passives, and so on? There are endless self-heals in this game that are not HOTs. Don't believe me? Although it is nice to have a HOT running to reliably activate Troll King, just watch that set magically activate by itself when you don't.
    Edited by fred4 on January 24, 2019 5:12PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many class reps knew to stock up on these buffed pvp sets that were literally just offered in the cyro vendor as gold jewelry before the entire game knew about the changes coming. Seems a bit dishonest to me to allow a practice like that to go on if it did.

And yeah, the set is a bit strong. Already have heard that its the go-to for rapid spammers in zergs to start using this set instead now.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC