Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Curse Eater Really Strong

• prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    It has a shorter cooldown
    And it clears less effects. Thats no advantage, that's just a difference. On average, the purge potential is virtually identical.
    and only procs on a very specific type of skill, making it easier to control the proc.
    Healing is too important to postpone just because you are waiting for a specific buff to remove, making this 'advantage' debatable. Plus, you have no control over who gets the cleanse if more than one person is affected by the heal, while wyrd tree is reliable. At best, this is a tie.
    Additionally it grants some sustain.

The 150 regen is the only real advantage, however putting the curse eater "miles ahead" of wyrd tree, it does not.

wyrd tree work only on yourself, curse eater s group utility, big difference, stendarr's embrace set however is 5 effect, 30 sec cd
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    It has a shorter cooldown
    And it clears less effects. Thats no advantage, that's just a difference. On average, the purge potential is virtually identical.
    and only procs on a very specific type of skill, making it easier to control the proc.
    Healing is too important to postpone just because you are waiting for a specific buff to remove, making this 'advantage' debatable. Plus, you have no control over who gets the cleanse if more than one person is affected by the heal, while wyrd tree is reliable. At best, this is a tie.
    Additionally it grants some sustain.

The 150 regen is the only real advantage, however putting the curse eater "miles ahead" of wyrd tree, it does not.

wyrd tree work only on yourself, curse eater s group utility, big difference

While it is indeed a big difference, it is more of a disadvantage if anything. Removing 3 random effects from one random group member in a group combat environment (which means tons of different debuffs on everyone around you all the time), once per 8 seconds... with wyrd tree, you at least know who the proc will go to, and 5 debuffs removed is a significant enough number to have the potential to remove something important (like incap defile) and turn the fight around.

Not that i would sacrifice another set 5-piece just for that, mind you. But still better than three/random target.
    Edited by Sharee on February 9, 2019 8:00PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If Curse Eater behaves like Wyrd Tree, it will be useless for Magblade healers:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/452422/wyrd-tree-with-healthy-offering-bugged#latest

For those unfamiliar, Healthy Offering creates a self DoT on the caster. Even if you have no other negative effects on you, Wyrd Tree will waste a proc on attempting to remove this DoT (which cannot be removed).

Can anyone confirm if Curse Eater behaves like this on the PTS?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Curse Eater behaves like Wyrd Tree, it will be useless for Magblade healers:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/452422/wyrd-tree-with-healthy-offering-bugged#latest

For those unfamiliar, Healthy Offering creates a self DoT on the caster. Even if you have no other negative effects on you, Wyrd Tree will waste a proc on attempting to remove this DoT (which cannot be removed).

Can anyone confirm if Curse Eater behaves like this on the PTS?

You probably don't need to test it, it's going to waste a purge on it. Same thing for auto-snare like Templar circle passive; that's why these sets aren't used as much.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Because this post did not have enough informative content or data, I did some research on purge priority and came up with this:
    Purge priority: Active purgeables (jesus beam), damaging purgeables (dots, CURSE), status effects (vuln, concussed, etc), debilitating effects (I think snares are here), non-debilitating (spell strat, martial knowledge). This is what I was able to find if it is incorrect correct me but I think it is accurate.

Unless they changed the cleanse priority mechanics recently (doubt it), cleanse mechanics are first in, first out.

What this means is if your enemy applies (in this order) 1) a snare 2) a debuff 3) a status effect, and your skill removes 2 effects, it will remove the snare and debuff.

Edit: correction made because I'm tired and flipped what I meant to say
    Edited by Glory on February 6, 2020 4:50PM
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    4 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    5 – When you heal yourself or an ally, remove two negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

This + rapid regen will rob templars of class identity, ruin any burst that depends on purgeable burst or effects in general (sorc curse for example + DoTs) and on top of that has some sustain roped in. Crazy busted.

EDIT:
    Because this post did not have enough informative content or data, I did some research on purge priority and came up with this:
    Purge priority: Active purgeables (jesus beam), damaging purgeables (dots, CURSE), status effects (vuln, concussed, etc), debilitating effects (I think snares are here), non-debilitating (spell strat, martial knowledge). This is what I was able to find if it is incorrect correct me but I think it is accurate.

So as an extreme worst case scenario of where this set would be OP is someone using it in a 1v1 vs a magsorc where the only commonly applied purgeable effect equal in priority to curse is the reach DoT. Burn, chilled, concussed, maim, vuln, ele drain, spell strat, siphoner, defile (enchant) are the other possible common debuffs a sorc can have but none of them exceed curse priority. Siphoner is LOW priority so the argument "1 point in siphoner" is invalid.

Asylum staff spell strat sorc vs curse eater user:

1: LA > FP / defile, siphoner, spell strat (defile, spell strat removed)

2: LA > Curse / siphoner, curse
    3: LA > FP / burn, concuss, chill, vuln, maim, siphoner, curse (curse and a status, vuln for example, removed)

4: LA > Reach / burn, concuss, chill, maim, siphoner, reach dot
    5: LA > Curse / burn, concuss, chill, maim, siphoner, reach dot, curse (reach dot and curse removed)

You CANNOT get curse off against a user of this set using a HoT. It is virtually impossible to kill a competent player if you can NEVER get curse off against them. They are also removing other strong debuffs like spell strat, defile, vuln, reach dot and buffing their magicka regen. This is possibly the strongest scenario the set can get but in my opinion 1 removed debuff/s (mostly the strongest ones first excluding snares which are low) plus nice regen is overtuned just for having a HoT running. This is also a strong candidate for a backbar set. It should either not proc on DoTs, have an increased cooldown, or both. Possibly increase the regen component as compensation.

you whine because of curse-eating while necros and wardens can be cleaned for free, it looks ridiculous, close the topic and do not write such whining
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice necro post from a year ago :)
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    If it’s going to affect anyone it’s going to be dot users.

Curse is in a way a dot
    Edited by TheFM on February 8, 2020 4:17AM
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread might be misleading to some... Here is what's on PTS.

9yca9tak2u8y.png

Probably shouldn't keep beating a dead horse...