Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So as some people have said, Magicka Templars could use a good self-only heal. One of the morphs of Rushed Ceremony or Healing Ritual should be it, I think.

As expensive as it is, it would be nice if Hasty Prayer was a self-only heal and temporarily increased movement speed and resistance to make hasty retreats possible. Right now, the only options for mobility are Race Against Time and Mist Form.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Enduring Rays is going to extend the time of our dawn's wrath abilities, it should increase their damage as well. Right now, those are two points in a passive that is completely worthless.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we look at power of the light and purifying light

As a stam build having both breach and fracture on one and neither on the other is kind of a waste

Can we move breach to purifying light and maybe reduce the healing effect pool from it
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    killmove wrote: »
    The stun is usufull only for tanks, but how many Templars are tanks compared to magplar or stamplar ? Small number imo

No, it's helpful to characters in light armor too. If you're not tanky, you need to be able to stop melee characters from going spin-to-win upside your head.

You should use total dark in such situations.

I use Unstable Core but it doesn't impede them from heavy attacking me to death. How is Total Dark better?

You get a very large heal every time they attack with total dark on them it also damages them for attacking.

But they can just break free, right. And it only works on direct attacks. There's a heal on Puncturing Sweeps too but it's so small. The move misses more than it hits in pvp unless you're aiming at a crowd. Even still, a chance to stun the opponent on the sweeps would be better than all of these other options.

But honestly, it wouldn't be such a big thing to me if light armor offered real protection. Right now, I'm weighing the benefits of medium and heavy armor against the magicka regen and penetration I'll lose from light armor.

Being a non-vampire MagPlar in light armor is very challenging.

Yes they can just break free but a lot of people don't it will also stop a burst combo dead in its tracks while healing you back up.

Protective traits on jewls is great for light armor magplar but yea it's tough not going vamp but I've done it to some success you just really need to make sure your Stam is good since you don't have the option to mist through stuff. Race against time is aso really useful for the speed boost on a non vamp Templar as well.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam Will someone at ZOS please acknowledge this: currently magicka Templars still have major survivability issues when it comes to solo PVP. The only options we have are to wear heavy armor and/or become vampires. For some of us, becoming a vampire as a Templar is extremely unappealing. One of our attacks is called Vampire's Bane, after all. And moving to heavy armor loses us our magicka passives from light armor. But light armor offers no real protection. One burst and you're done. Please, someone at ZOS address this. This is not an unreasonable request!

I HAVE TO KEEP SAYING THIS UNTIL SOMEONE HEARS ME.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on February 4, 2019 6:24PM
  • AbbyMeowCat
    Templar Tank Issues:

1) Like the Nightblade, Templar has no AoE immobilise to prevent heavy incoming bleed, DoT, debuff mechanics or damage in general from adds.

- Forced to use Time Freeze morph in Fang Lair Hard Mode. It’s really good and it works but CC immunity problems for many other fights...

- Silver Leash can help pull cat adds in first boss fight of Maw of Lorkhaj but they just run away while only other classes can root them in place (DK Talons, Warden Ice Shards, Sorcerer Encase, Nightblade Crippling Grasp) as Time Freeze does not work after adds are chained. These cats will roam freely and bite players. A huge problem for Templar Tanking and something that needs to be looked at.

2) Templar Health Tanks have issue in Self Heals.

- Magicka Tanks can Honor the Dead and easily heal themselves but do not have a larger health pool than Health Tanks but this spammable skill works wonders in some instances and can heal group too. It work better than stacking Sun Shield and Bone Shield but at risk at being torn apart by Fat Werewolves breath cone in vMHK.

- The only way to have a strong self heal as Templar Health Tank in boss fights (with little to no adds to use Repentance) is stacking shields and then Meditate until shields timer end or your own Purifying Light’s weak HoTs which take a long time to go back to full or use a Lingering Health Potion or Poison but all these take too long!

- Healing Ritual instant cast rework and change is nice but nobody still wants to use it because too expensive and double the cost of easy-mode Honor the Dead or Breath of Life. Perhaps this could have a more unique morph to be like Dark Cloak to have a % heal because Honor the Dead and Breath of Light sometimes heals other players instead of yourself.
    AbbyMeowCat - Xbox One (NA)
    Long Time Dungeon Tank and Expert - 1200+ CP
    Hircine’s Champion/Alpha Predator/Blackrose Executioner

Nuraniyah at-Hanis (Main) - Redguard Dragonknight Tank
    Francine Charbonneau - Breton Templar Tank
    Tervur Dralen - Dunmer Dragonknight Tank
    Jaruk-dar - Khajiit Nightblade Tank
    Faranalda - Altmer Sorcerer Tank
    Runwen - Bosmer Warden Tank
    Laurina Favonius - Imperial Dragonknight Tank

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam Will someone at ZOS please acknowledge this: currently magicka Templars still have major survivability issues when it comes to solo PVP. The only options we have are to wear heavy armor and/or become vampires. For some of us, becoming a vampire as a Templar is extremely unappealing. One of our attacks is called Vampire's Bane, after all. And moving to heavy armor loses us our magicka passives from light armor. But light armor offers no real protection. One burst and you're done. Please, someone at ZOS address this. I'm a paying customer and this is not an unreasonable request!

I HAVE TO KEEP SAYING THIS UNTIL SOMEONE HEARS ME.

This describes a problem I have had with the game for a very long time. The Vampire Templar should be the exception not the rule. The problem is that vampire is just too good and helps Templars perform competitively. I've said it many times that Vampire is almost required for playing a class that is antithetical to Vampire. In my own view there should be a new skill line counter to Vampire/Wolf that is mutually exclusive and not so disgusting and evil. There needs to be a guild/order of some kind to change this once and for all. I think its fine that people want to play Vampire but we need an option to break this cycle. Fighters Guild does not do this.

On the matter of Templar Tanking I would also like to see a proper means to CC and self heal. The Dream of a Templar Tank is still alive for many, but out of the grasp of those who want to tank competitively.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue if you see this, please consider these things:

The morph "Hasty Prayer" is expensive for the little that it does. Can we address Templar mobility and the need for a good SELF-ONLY heal by having Hasty Prayer heal only the player and grant minor expedition for about 5 to 8 seconds. I think other classes already have sources of major expedition so it's not really necessary for the Templar to grant minor expedition. I think this will go a long way to help Templar players not feel like it's a support class and can go solo.

RoR could also use more utility besides just being a NB repellent. Maybe increase the healing over time of that maybe?

@dodgehopper_ESO I've never tried Templar tanking but I definitely see how the tool set doesn't really make it easy. You'd think a Templar would make a perfect tank. It would be nice if one morph of Sun Shield could shine a bright, blinding light that temporarily stuns the person right in front of you.

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The morph "Hasty Prayer" is expensive for the little that it does. Can we address Templar mobility and the need for a good SELF-ONLY heal by having Hasty Prayer heal only the player and grant minor expedition for about 5 to 8 seconds. I think other classes already have sources of major expedition so it's not really necessary for the Templar to grant minor expedition. I think this will go a long way to help Templar players not feel like it's a support class and can go solo.

RoR could also use more utility besides just being a NB repellent. Maybe increase the healing over time of that maybe?

@dodgehopper_ESO I've never tried Templar tanking but I definitely see how the tool set doesn't really make it easy. You'd think a Templar would make a perfect tank. It would be nice if one morph of Sun Shield could shine a bright, blinding light that temporarily stuns the person right in front of you.

That's what I wanted them to change Blinding Flashes too. Instead it became a channeled laser beam. I still wish one of the morphs were a pbaoe stun. Call it 'Presence of Aetherius' or something. It would be fantastic to have something like that.

As a side note I wish that Purifying light (all morphs) would track with Nightblades. How is a shadow to hide from a beam from heaven? Its nonsense. How does a shadow track a shadow (reapers mark). This always bothered me.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that. I put PL on some blades to see how it worked and it vanished along with them until it burst. But if the manage to hide before it goes off they can just recloak again. This forces me to keep RoR slotted. It's expensive though so casting it twice or three times to catch the NB before they sneak attack me is painful. I like seeing the hesitation in them when they realize their cover is blown though. That almost makes up for the high cast cost.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what I wanted them to change Blinding Flashes too. Instead it became a channeled laser beam. I still wish one of the morphs were a pbaoe stun. Call it 'Presence of Aetherius' or something. It would be fantastic to have something like that.

As a side note I wish that Purifying light (all morphs) would track with Nightblades. How is a shadow to hide from a beam from heaven? Its nonsense. How does a shadow track a shadow (reapers mark). This always bothered me.

I think we'd have to give up some of the burst potential to make it a reveal but could be interesting.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest pain points as of late:
    1. No gap closer for stamplar. Everyone says house house house, yet templars are melee. Mag has burst heals to supplement templars already terrible defense...yet have a gap closer to be in melee range. Templars raw defense vs defensive buffs are the worst in the game.
    2. No major brutality/major sorcery. Enough has been said about this.

Honestly, I just want a viable dw/bow for stamplar that doesn't rely on pots for brutality. Even if dw skill line was reworked to have a brutality buff without needing a target (knives are a waste of a slot) and gap closer added to rending base (reduced bleed damage to compensate) I would be happy. I could even deal with using accelerate time to compensate not having a gap closer. Big rant but this class has zero diverse build options compared to any other class and has been the same cookie cutters since tamriel....
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First off, I will admit my templar is broken beyond repair. He was a stamplar since creation, is my Only level 50 currently, and thus is my source of CPs - so I keep running him out. But he is also my Master Crafter - which does not leave a lot of points for offense.

1) Primary problem - Sustain. It sux.

2) Second problem - just was not doing viable damage as a stamplar.

To fix this, I finally changed to magplar using a lightning destro so I could at least be using heavy attacks alot. And as magplar, I was at least getting the benefit of the higher magicka pool and damage when using his magicka abilities (which obviously were weaker when he was stamplar)

Did I mention he was Khajiit?

Not exactly my primary choice if I was designing a magplar today.

3) one more personal issue - I HATE powers that require Activation AND THEN targeting AND THEN firing. If my crosshairs are on the target, I should be able to hit 1 button on my keyboard and fire off the power. Having a casting time is fine, but this multiple actions to use one silly power is garbarge.

IMHO
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^Im screwing around with Khajiit right now and on live; I've been surprised to find the sustain underwhelming when built out compared to even my Nord because my nord gives me health and more stam that seems to outweigh the khajiit when I balance between max stat or recovery food/drink. The 9% just doesnt do that much alone.

Now; also testing on test center and I am finding khajiit more interesting now that they have some max stats and recovery. I wind up gaining a couple K each stat for 40 less stam recovery. It will be interesting as I tried khajiit with intention of just trying it out now with some extra crit and troll king and I was thinking Id go back nord for tankiness with my free race change but its just so tempting as Khajiit will be equally good for magicka as stamina.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    First off, I will admit my templar is broken beyond repair. He was a stamplar since creation, is my Only level 50 currently, and thus is my source of CPs - so I keep running him out. But he is also my Master Crafter - which does not leave a lot of points for offense.

1) Primary problem - Sustain. It sux.

2) Second problem - just was not doing viable damage as a stamplar.

To fix this, I finally changed to magplar using a lightning destro so I could at least be using heavy attacks alot. And as magplar, I was at least getting the benefit of the higher magicka pool and damage when using his magicka abilities (which obviously were weaker when he was stamplar)

Did I mention he was Khajiit?

Not exactly my primary choice if I was designing a magplar today.

3) one more personal issue - I HATE powers that require Activation AND THEN targeting AND THEN firing. If my crosshairs are on the target, I should be able to hit 1 button on my keyboard and fire off the power. Having a casting time is fine, but this multiple actions to use one silly power is garbarge.

IMHO

I think there's something in the settings you can do to change that. I never tried it myself though.

I'm assuming you're talking about shards. I only use that for PVE. It's a much needed AEO attack that I think works well with Purifying Light. I tried using it in PVP but it just feels too weak compared to similar attacks by other classes.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    .1) Primary problem - Sustain. It sux.

Use restoring focus. 480 regen +8k resists. If that is not enough, use repentance.

.2) Second problem - just was not doing viable damage as a stamplar.

Not sure what you consider "viable" but my stamplar khijit, who uses a 2h, gets 30-35k, mostly because I can not weave to save my life.
    . 3) one more personal issue - I HATE powers that require Activation AND THEN targeting AND THEN firing.

Pc- settings-> gameplay-> combat -> quick cast ground ablitys, turn on.

Console- options-> gameplay-> combat -> quick cast ground ablitys, turn on.

All these problems are really l2p.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 23, 2019 6:00AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone test the bug fix to blazing shield on pts?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope Gilliam gets the power to fix Templar morphs and passives. Maybe his vids have been shared already but here you go anyway

https://youtu.be/MLlzt9OtYp4
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope Gilliam gets the power to fix Templar morphs and passives. Maybe his vids have been shared already but here you go anyway

https://youtu.be/MLlzt9OtYp4

his entire "let's talk series" is the best ive seen in ESO feedback. Thankfully he is working at ZOS now lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really stumped now. I changed my gear and I still can't survive long in Battlegrounds. I still feel squishy as hell. I switched to a heavy chestplate and medium pants:

https://youtu.be/q0_NmjWkbGA

And I lost pretty much all my sustain on top of still being squishy

https://youtu.be/ZI72ezBAuR8

I was really hoping wearing a heavy chestplate would boost my resistance up more than this. Should I transmute my gear to reinforced instead of inpenetrable?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StarOfElyon

In the video showing your setup, you are not using any bufffood. Is that just coincidence and it ran out or do you generally do not use bufffood?
    If you use bufffood, which one are you using. Your magicka regen also looks fairly low with around 1.3k.
    I recommend using witchmothers potent brew as food, which boosts your magicka regen. To counter the low stamina and health, you could put some prismatic enchants on your body pieces.
    Wearing 1 medium and 1 heavy is a good choice, if you leveled the undaunted skillline and the passive, which grants you additional resources, when using different kind of armors.
    Another tipp is to not use those cheap health pots. It is kind of lame and crappy heal, you get all 45 seconds. Also the health recovery from them is neglible. Best would be tristat potions, which grants you the same amount of health, but also a huge chung of magicka and stamina, plus magicka and stamina regen. They will cost some gold, if you buy them, but they will make you more survivable for sure. If you dont have the monay, I recommend using the alliance magicka potions. They are fairly cheap with 700 APs per pot, give you a nice magicka return and magicka regen. This will help you much more sustaining and is better than the health pots heal once every 45 seconds, since the additional sustain allows casting several times honor the dead.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Additionally I recommend using a destruction staff instead of a healing staff to boost you attack power more. Also I would rearrange your bars, so that your primary heal are on the sword and shield bar, allowing blockhealing.
    I will shortly make a build for you with same sets and rearranged weapons and bars on UESP build editor. I will add it in around 10 minutes to this comment.

First off I wanted to add my basicplar build, which I think is a good start for new players to look at. It is fairly cheap and easy to get gear and allows a quite solid start.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=90748
    (I know, this is a vampire in heavy armor, I still recommend trying it out).

Now here your build a bit more optimised:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=112446

The build includes 3 prismatic glyphs on chest, head and legs for maximum stats. I also added a fire staff instead of a healing staff to alleviate your damage. I added fire clench instead of dark flare as a hard cc ability, you naturally could swap that for elemental drain for a damage boost and better sustain. Total dark would then be the cc, if you get pressured. I also put total dark and honor the dead on the sword and shield bar, so that you can blockcast them, healing up while taking less damage. I also added enthropy, which adds major sorcery, therefore more damage and better healing.

If you need race against time, you can add it wherever you want. Just a small reminder, that you need a destro ability on the destro staff to get all passives. This counts till the next big update, where this constriction is removed.
    Edited by Checkmath on January 25, 2019 8:48AM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StarOfElyon

In the video showing your setup, you are not using any bufffood. Is that just coincidence and it ran out or do you generally do not use bufffood?
    If you use bufffood, which one are you using. Your magicka regen also looks fairly low with around 1.3k.
    I recommend using witchmothers potent brew as food, which boosts your magicka regen. To counter the low stamina and health, you could put some prismatic enchants on your body pieces.
    Wearing 1 medium and 1 heavy is a good choice, if you leveled the undaunted skillline and the passive, which grants you additional resources, when using different kind of armors.
    Another tipp is to not use those cheap health pots. It is kind of lame and crappy heal, you get all 45 seconds. Also the health recovery from them is neglible. Best would be tristat potions, which grants you the same amount of health, but also a huge chung of magicka and stamina, plus magicka and stamina regen. They will cost some gold, if you buy them, but they will make you more survivable for sure. If you dont have the monay, I recommend using the alliance magicka potions. They are fairly cheap with 700 APs per pot, give you a nice magicka return and magicka regen. This will help you much more sustaining and is better than the health pots heal once every 45 seconds, since the additional sustain allows casting several times honor the dead.

I do use buff food but I was choosing between buffing health and stamina and buffing health and magicka. The tri-stat food and drink didn't give enough gain. I don't have witchmothers yet. I can try to buy it.

Additionally I recommend using a destruction staff instead of a healing staff to boost you attack power more. Also I would rearrange your bars, so that your primary heal are on the sword and shield bar, allowing blockhealing.
    I will shortly make a build for you with same sets and rearranged weapons and bars on UESP build editor. I will add it in around 10 minutes to this comment.

First off I wanted to add my basicplar build, which I think is a good start for new players to look at. It is fairly cheap and easy to get gear and allows a quite solid start.

The build includes 3 prismatic glyphs on chest, head and legs for maximum stats. I also added a fire staff instead of a healing staff to alleviate your damage. I added fire clench instead of dark flare as a hard cc ability, you naturally could swap that for elemental drain for a damage boost and better sustain. Total dark would then be the cc, if you get pressured. I also put total dark and honor the dead on the sword and shield bar, so that you can blockcast them, healing up while taking less damage. I also added enthropy, which adds major sorcery, therefore more damage and better healing.

If you need race against time, you can add it wherever you want. Just a small reminder, that you need a destro ability on the destro staff to get all passives. This counts till the next big update, where this constriction is removed.

I might try using a Destro staff again. Since I usually play healer in four man dungeons I don't have the Destro passives and attacks unlocked anymore. I don't really feel like offense was my problem though, I just feel really squishy still. I'll look at your build in a second. Anyway, I've probably turned the Templar thread into a help thread (whoops) so I'm going to stop here.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StarOfElyon

I do use buff food but I was choosing between buffing health and stamina and buffing health and magicka. The tri-stat food and drink didn't give enough gain. I don't have witchmothers yet. I can try to buy it.

I might try using a Destro staff again. Since I usually play healer in four man dungeons I don't have the Destro passives and attacks unlocked anymore. I don't really feel like offense was my problem though, I just feel really squishy still. I'll look at your build in a second. Anyway, I've probably turned the Templar thread into a help thread (whoops) so I'm going to stop here.

Unlock those passives. Destro reach/wall of elements is about as close to bleeds as a magplar can get; the dots themselves deal 10% penetration and that's on top of having your 8% buffs to speed/direct depending on which staff you use.

On Templar, you are going to die allot compared to other classes that have ways to proactively deal with damage. It's just the way of the land, and we already told check to communicate Templar is missing this key mechanic.

Side note, i did test blazing shield on pts. Currently you only get a 2490 DMG on live due to it being capped at 10% of your health. This means when it crits, it can't deal more than 10% of your health which doesn't match Templars use of crit hit DMG. But on pts, I was criting for almost 5k. Not much, but consider it shaves off 4k DMG off an attack and deals DMG that procs burning light; it's a spell you use to go from offense to defense to alleviate the exact problem you are having.

But on live, don't use blazing sheild. Been testing it the past few days and it really sucks compared to other classes lol. Even on pts it needs to be scaled at 18-20% of your max health to be viable again like it was before they nerfed it a bunch of times.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get one millisecond shaved off of Dark Flare's cast time? Pretty please. Or at least maybe have it flight straight instead of arching through the air. It takes way too long for our hardest hitting attack to get from point A to point B.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So; tried crescent sweep again. Its still not very good. Its cheap; yes. But the problem is you are using it as a burst ultimate and its not a lot of oomph when you use it for that and its chance to hit is still crap especially considering it pulses from you. I think it would be better if it had just a meeter or 2 more reach, and the damage move to all in 1 shot rather than a PBAOE that pulses

Ans speaking of which; our little 2 seconds between tics is kind of annoying in general. I was looking at POTL and PL and in theory both offer something nice, but the 2 seconds before getting a tick of healing in a ground based AOE is pretty much lost in any mobile fight, which is pretty much all of them for me. Maybe this is good for PvE healers with tanks right on top of the bosses? I dont see how as the bosses I see move a lot or are at least pretty big to where getting in that circle might not even happen.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    So; tried crescent sweep again. Its still not very good. Its cheap; yes. But the problem is you are using it as a burst ultimate and its not a lot of oomph when you use it for that and its chance to hit is still crap especially considering it pulses from you. I think it would be better if it had just a meeter or 2 more reach, and the damage move to all in 1 shot rather than a PBAOE that pulses

Ans speaking of which; our little 2 seconds between tics is kind of annoying in general. I was looking at POTL and PL and in theory both offer something nice, but the 2 seconds before getting a tick of healing in a ground based AOE is pretty much lost in any mobile fight, which is pretty much all of them for me. Maybe this is good for PvE healers with tanks right on top of the bosses? I dont see how as the bosses I see move a lot or are at least pretty big to where getting in that circle might not even happen.

The power of cresant is in the AOE burst pressure. I think it does 1.60 extra dmg each tick, unless I am mistaken.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thing misses so much though. I've watched it go right through people and I've sat there thinking... "Was I out of range somehow? Did they dodge? What just happened?"

But also, another peeve of mine is that this is all the Templar has so many damage over time tools. It's extremely frustrating not to be able to burst with something that hits hard against someone who has strong heals.

Make the crescent sweep a burst, not a DOT.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on January 28, 2019 5:26PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

The power of cresant is in the AOE burst pressure. I think it does 1.60 extra dmg each tick, unless I am mistaken.

"Burst pressure" sounds like an oxymoron. It doesnt hit hard enough to be one. Doesnt stay on any target with a pulse enough to be the other. If its trying to be both, thats the problem.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying the Crescent+Solar Barrage+Sweeps combo in BGs atm. Almost makes me feel like a one man ball group. xD Grothdaar works beautifully with this setup.