Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    Healing Ritual should either be buffed or changed completely since it costs too much and heals less than Rushed Ceremony.
    Edited by Veuth on January 16, 2019 6:15PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veuth wrote: »
    Healing Ritual should either be buffed or changed completely since it costs too much and heals less than Rushed Ceremony.

I wanted to bring that up as well. The little heal you give from that skill is nowhere near worth the cost.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any cheaper and it would break pvp. Probably the most underrated zerg healing skill in the game. By far the best for train farming.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any cheaper and it would break pvp. Probably the most underrated zerg healing skill in the game. By far the best for train farming.

I'd like it to be a HOT still
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I wanted to bring that up as well. The little heal you give from that skill is nowhere near worth the cost.

the heal from healing rituals morphs is bigger then rushed ceremonies morphs, not to mention you can hit 6/7 people with healing ritual and/or morphs and only 1/2 with rushed ceremony and/or morphs , there are problems with the skill but the size of the heal is not one of them, no need to make one up.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 17, 2019 5:18AM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the heal from healing rituals morphs is bigger then rushed ceremonies morphs, not to mention you can hit 6/7 people with healing ritual and/or morphs and only 1/2 with rushed ceremony and/or morphs , there are problems with the skill but the size of the heal is not one of them, no need to make one up.

I'm not making one up when I'm actually playing healer and get to the point where I know BoL is more effective than healing ritual, to the point that I stop using anything but BoL. So keep that mess to yourself.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not making one up when I'm actually playing healer and get to the point where I know BoL is more effective than healing ritual, to the point that I stop using anything but BoL. So keep that mess to yourself.

what are you on about man? what does "So keep that mess to yourself" even mean? you state that healing ritual has a lower heal then breath. this is simply false. now breath is clearly more "effective" and that is a problem with healing ritual but the actual amount you heal for, is larger with healing ritual and you can hit more people. this is fact. now does that make healing ritual better for a healer then breath of life? no. not even close.

also, if you are a templar healer and you are only using breath of life and you are not using extended ritual/ritual of retribution, you are doing it wrong.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what are you on about man? what does "So keep that mess to yourself" even mean? you state that healing ritual has a lower heal then breath. this is simply false. now breath is clearly more "effective" and that is a problem with healing ritual but the actual amount you heal for, is larger with healing ritual and you can hit more people. this is fact. now does that make healing ritual better for a healer then breath of life? no. not even close.

also, if you are a templar healer and you are only using breath of life and you are not using extended ritual/ritual of retribution, you are doing it wrong.

You accused me of making up problems. That's what.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I do use RoR or ER. But anyway, when it comes to getting big heals in close situations, especially on a single target(which is typically the case), Healing Ritual doesn't hit the way Breath of Life does. I like that it's quick but it is beat out by BoL's heal. But then, I haven't healed in any trials yet. Maybe things are different there.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on January 17, 2019 1:59PM
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS need to fix the burning light passive.

Instead of

When you deal damage with an Aedric Spear ability, you have a 25% chance to deal an additional 477 Physical Damage or 477 Magic Damage, whicever is higher. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds.

Becomes

When you deal damage with an Aedric Spear ability, you have a 25% chance to create an explosion of light dealing an additional 477 Physical Damage or 477 Magic Damage, whicever is higher to all enemies within 5 meters. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds

this will help magplar get better aoe dps.
    Edited by killmove on January 17, 2019 2:25PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

you may feel "accused" but i did not, i flat out said you are wrong, about the size of the heal you get from healing ritual and you are but you are playing this victim card for some reason and are not owning your mistake.
    And I do use RoR or ER. But anyway, when it comes to getting big heals in close situations, especially on a single target(which is typically the case), Healing Ritual doesn't hit the way Breath of Life does. I like that it's quick but it is beat out by BoL's heal. But then, I haven't healed in any trials yet. Maybe things are different there.

then you were lying when you said "to the point that I stop using anything but BoL", this implies that the only templar heal on your bar is breath.

also, no kidding HR doesn't hit the same, HR is a PBAoE heal, with a range of 10 meters. breath is a 28 meter 180° cone in front of you with a 360° heal that is 33% of the size of the main cone heal. if you are trying to use HR as a breath substitute, you are doing wrong.

none of that changes the fact that the actual amount you heal with on the morphs of HR are stanger, 3% stronger to exact, then breath of life's main heal. if you count the fact that you can hit 6 players, 7 in the case of Ritual of Rebirth, you get almost 5 times of the amount of healing, as 6.5 heals from Ritual of Rebirth is almost 5 times the amount you get from breath of life, 1.33 heals.

none of what i have stated here makes healing ritual good i main a templar healer and have never used the skill in any capacity, do not let me trying to drill the fact that you were wrong about the pure size of the heal differences between these skills fool you into thinking that i thinking healing ritual is any good.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 17, 2019 2:29PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @killmove

I think more than damage, the aedric spear abilities would benefit from higher chances to stun the opponent. I say that because I think the Templar lacks an ability to stop an opponent from advancing on them. Sure, they can slow the opponent down but nothing really to stop them in their tracks (accept the Javelin, that is). Without a hard CC, if puncturing sweeps had a chance to stun the opponent that would be very helpful (especially when we're trapped in place by roots or something). The Javelin is nice but if you need to be in melee range to hit the Crescent Sweep, the Javelin isn't going to help.

• killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    The stun is usufull only for tanks, but how many Templars are tanks compared to magplar or stamplar ? Small number imo
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killmove wrote: »
    The stun is usufull only for tanks, but how many Templars are tanks compared to magplar or stamplar ? Small number imo

No, it's helpful to characters in light armor too. If you're not tanky, you need to be able to stop melee characters from going spin-to-win upside your head.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it's helpful to characters in light armor too. If you're not tanky, you need to be able to stop melee characters from going spin-to-win upside your head.

You should use total dark in such situations.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you may feel "accused" but i did not, i flat out said you are wrong, about the size of the heal you get from healing ritual and you are but you are playing this victim card for some reason and are not owning your mistake.

then you were lying when you said "to the point that I stop using anything but BoL", this implies that the only templar heal on your bar is breath.

also, no kidding HR doesn't hit the same, HR is a PBAoE heal, with a range of 10 meters. breath is a 28 meter 180° cone in front of you with a 360° heal that is 33% of the size of the main cone heal. if you are trying to use HR as a breath substitute, you are doing wrong.

none of that changes the fact that the actual amount you heal with on the morphs of HR are stanger, 3% stronger to exact, then breath of life's main heal. if you count the fact that you can hit 6 players, 7 in the case of Ritual of Rebirth, you get almost 5 times of the amount of healing, as 6.5 heals from Ritual of Rebirth is almost 5 times the amount you get from breath of life, 1.33 heals.

none of what i have stated here makes healing ritual good i main a templar healer and have never used the skill in any capacity, do not let me trying to drill the fact that you were wrong about the pure size of the heal differences between these skills fool you into thinking that i thinking healing ritual is any good.

it was better before the cost increase because it was a proactive tool instead of a reactive for templar healers. Now it's just hugely expensive.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

it was better before the cost increase because it was a proactive tool instead of a reactive for templar healers. Now it's just hugely expensive.

even if HR was the same cost as breath of life, the skill would skil not be worth using, there is just no need for that much healing int he game, pve wize. when you can hit 6 people for a breath of life a second, where is the damage in the game to justify that? and if there a scenario that is like that, where would you use healing ritual, what would make you use a PBAoE heal, over healing springs, a range aoe hot that stacks with itself? as i said, there are problems with the skill but the size of the heal is not one of them. the cost could be lowered too but the skill would still not see use.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

even if HR was the same cost as breath of life, the skill would skil not be worth using, there is just no need for that much healing int he game, pve wize. when you can hit 6 people for a breath of life a second, where is the damage in the game to justify that? and if there a scenario that is like that, where would you use healing ritual, what would make you use a PBAoE heal, over healing springs, a range aoe hot that stacks with itself? as i said, there are problems with the skill but the size of the heal is not one of them. the cost could be lowered too but the skill would still not see use.

id use it if it cost the same as HtD. You get punished on the mag return for recasting that, but could see more benefit casting hasty prayer for the 10% speed buff (2x swift equalvalent). But because it's just under 6k even in light armor, it's terrible.

Next patch, breton with alteration mastery and light armor MIGHT be interesting with hasty prayer use.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

I use Unstable Core but it doesn't impede them from heavy attacking me to death. How is Total Dark better?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

id use it if it cost the same as HtD. You get punished on the mag return for recasting that, but could see more benefit casting hasty prayer for the 10% speed buff (2x swift equalvalent). But because it's just under 6k even in light armor, it's terrible.

Next patch, breton with alteration mastery and light armor MIGHT be interesting with hasty prayer use.

I tried it for the speed buff too. The only benefit that it has over BoL is the 360 radius and the instantaneous healing. Eventually the cost drove it out of my rotation. Mutagen combined with Breath of Life make HR look criminally overpriced.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest pain point with this class is still for my Argonian Templar Tank.

(Even more concerning after they were nerfed across the board in the racial updates for taking role - whether you think it was deserved or not, it still has a negative effect)

They really need a health based self heal instead of Breath of Life.

Such a huge difference still playing this class vs my DK. The other day we were doing vCR+2 and a healer was down, I dropped low and obviously wasn't getting a heal so I turned from the group as much as I could and hit Breath - I had to cast it four times still before I got one heal from it (or at least the big heal - maybe a small heal went off that was unnoticeable with the other incoming damage). This is literally a one button, no panic solution if I'd been on my DK or Sorc or even my Warden (maybe a two button press for him).

To me the class is feeling really solid for tanking lately, but that shortcoming still means if I need a true tanky tank, I'm bringing my DK first and not even my Templar second.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might have already been mentioned and I posted this in a thread I made on the pts page but it would probably be best to post here

Thanks for suggesting it

So the two things that are big for me

Is a stun/immobilize that lasts for 3 seconds and hits multiple targets in a wide range

Two options I think could work

1 solar barrage morph ... make it a 3 second immobilize (which doesn’t make sense) but it would work

2 blazing spear morph could be changed into an mobilize allowing a rain of Spears to fall onto enemies surrounding you in a 25 meter radius.... get rid of the synergy on this morph make that only on the luminous shard morph

either would work

And I’d also like one Either breath of life or honor the dead tonbe morphed Into being based on your max health and a self heal... or a large self heal and heal to others in a determined radius

Repentance doesn’t count cause it has to have bodies and as we know there are not always bodies

It would be great if these options were added for us tanks

• Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use Unstable Core but it doesn't impede them from heavy attacking me to death. How is Total Dark better?

You get a very large heal every time they attack with total dark on them it also damages them for attacking.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You get a very large heal every time they attack with total dark on them it also damages them for attacking.

But they can just break free, right. And it only works on direct attacks. There's a heal on Puncturing Sweeps too but it's so small. The move misses more than it hits in pvp unless you're aiming at a crowd. Even still, a chance to stun the opponent on the sweeps would be better than all of these other options.

But honestly, it wouldn't be such a big thing to me if light armor offered real protection. Right now, I'm weighing the benefits of medium and heavy armor against the magicka regen and penetration I'll lose from light armor.

Being a non-vampire MagPlar in light armor is very challenging.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Altmer and Breton Templar are about to become the new meta.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Altmer and Breton Templar are about to become the new meta.

Will come down to gear. For example Breton might get cost reduction max mag and 100 Regen, but imperial we'll get 2k Stam/health with a heal on any direct DMG done. So next patch heavy armor will maybe work better on imperial magplars than say Breton because:
    1) max health modifier will work double on any health bonus letting you maybe get away with having only mag enchants, assuming you can play with 14k Stam
    2) the healing received will boost your red diamond passive

Then again the cost reduction on Breton will be like slotting seducers and let you slot crit/penetration on heavy armor letting you roll a small Regen set (like trans) to get some beefy Templars.

Overall I don't think we should be saying "x is bus for this" because it should be "I like x , here's their benefits so i should be highlighting those benefits or supplementing the negatives of my build". Like if you hate snares+slow templars, maybe orc magplar you want; Sprint speed with race against time in light armor means you can do 2 defense sets and still get extra Stam restore with a small heal. It's all about the stat swapping to achieve what you want out of your builds.
    Edited by Minno on January 20, 2019 3:08PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I've noticed this patch ... Stam builds all have access to some firm or major or minor breach / fracture

I'd like to see magica players get access to this more easily
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed this patch ... Stam builds all have access to some firm or major or minor breach / fracture

Ele drain. Use it, love it, embrace it. Stam can't get major penetration on a 28m ranged ability that cost nothing while giving you 300- 600 effective Regen every second you attack something.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Ele drain. Use it, love it, embrace it. Stam can't get major penetration on a 28m ranged ability that cost nothing while giving you 300- 600 effective Regen every second you attack something.

Seriously. Best sustain ability in game gives great penetration for free. Wish the templar AOE version that is expensive as hell did anything at all along with magicka steal.
    Edited by technohic on January 20, 2019 7:04PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elle drains isn't really a fair trade off when looking at skills like power of the light on stamplar and shalks on wardens

While it's a great skill you sacrifice DPS unlike stam do and I have enough regen from other skills and resources to not have it be worth it ...