The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS: Can this stupid PUG "trick" get a fix?

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone in actual PUGs use this trick, I did do it with premades when we went for pledges. However I do agree that at the very least it's a bug, and technically shouldn't happen.

With that said, the difficulty difference between FG1 and vFH is insane. I've been saying for a long time that there should be a tiered system for dungeons. Not only will it allow people to be able to queue for the kind of content that they have time and the skills for, but it will also give people a sense of progression when each tier has dungeons of comparable difficulty in it, and people know what tier they are or are not qualified for.

I'd also go further than DLC/non-DLC, because even though it has been a trend that DLC dungeons are harder, it doesn't necessarily have to be the case in the future, and comparing vFG1 to vCoA2 or vWGT to vFH isn't appropriate either. There is a big difference in difficulty and/or time requirement between all 4 of these, and the tier system should reflect that.

Also having an undaunted arena with scores for the performance of a specific role could help people figure out what dungeons they should or should not go to. I explained what I have in mind in a different thread with a different context, if you're interested, but that would solve the problem of people dropping out of dungeons too, because they would be more confident in the group's skills.
    Falckreach hold? March of sacrifice is an pug killer on normal. I rank the normal as harder than vet 1 dungeons.
    And yes they changed the dlc dungeons so the standard vet should not be so hard but HM is very hard.
    Also experience, lots of the March of sacrifice issues is experience have had normals fail because people did not get CoS2 mechanic on second last boss or headless chickens in Darkshade 2

I hadn't been doing normals much (or at all) for the past 2 years or so, aside from leveling, so I have no real point of reference for how hard or easy they are on maxed chars. However when it comes to non-HM DLC vets, I still think vFH is the hardest, because it wipes even groups that know what they are doing and are pulling decent DPS. In vMoS I never had issues, but it's also newer, so I guess if I do it a few more time with PUGs, I might change my mind.

The hard modes of the newer dungeons (vSP, vFL, vMoS, vMHK) are definitely harder than vFH hm, but I don't think that we should take hard modes as the measure of what a PUG should be able to complete, so IMO hm should be ignored when figuring out the dungeon tiers for the proposed system.
    Might be a bit biased has not done vFH in forever but not managed vMoS yet.
    And yes HM should not be factored here.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do people just want the reward boxes for logging in?

Because 10 minutes of mindlessly easy dungeoneering is too much of a chore, they've got better things to do, so just pick the mindlessly easy dungeon that takes 5 minutes. And I bet the people who port into FG I just drop down the waterfall because then it only takes 4 minutes.

That people complain about "carrying scrubs" and not wanting to be bothered with "noobs" is selfish, a cop out, and is not healthy at all for the long term prospects of the game. You know, they once sucked too. They were carried. They were a noob. Their suckiness pissed people off too. But someone was patient enough to show them the ropes so they wouldn't suck.

Considering even when ZOS incentives people - for one week out of the year - to get off their elitist high horse and actually interact and play with newer players, people can't be bothered, then these people are clearly not doing anything at all to foster the growth off this game, to help ensure inexperienced players stick at it.

I did Ruins of Mazzatun and Cradle of Shadows both with two players who weren't even level 30 and the other being like 200 CP. The mobs are still super easy to kill, they hardly do any damage, and the "scrubs" can simply be told the mechanics - just like someone did for all of us once. It was not a problem at all. There was only one wipe, and that happened because the "tank" aggroed the final boss and the door closed before I got into the room. If people are half as good as they think they are, even the hardest dungeons can be pretty much soloed and it's not a big deal to spend those 10 minutes or so out of their busy schedule this one week out of the year helping some newer players in the game and giving them an opportunity to to actually participate in content that so many players can't be bothered with.

I agree with you. I always try to help players, because I was helped. I am perfectly fine with running a PUG with new and/or learning players. Im absolutely, admittedly, terrible at remembering mechanics, and need to use google occasionally, but those tools were the result of players helping players. Your Maelstrom guide is legendary, so thank you for that. With that said, I sympathize, to a degree, with both sides of this conflict, and no player should ever be insulting another for just being new, still learning skills, mechs etc, calling them scrubs or trash or whatever. I 100% agree with you on that, it's disgusting. Based on the responses from both sides in this thread which are equally toxic, I think we all need to work on basic manners and mutual respect. I've lost a lot of friends who quit. It sucks. Im always the one who stays playing. 7 months ago I met a dude in a Rando group I initiated in a guild im in, Ancient Traders. This guy, who used to shield before jumping from a small ledge, and never running anything tougher than basic vanilla dungeons, has become my Vet Dungeon duoing partner. We met some more starting players, had one doing vCoH II, which we trioed, and she soloed the second to last boss from 20% because we got one shotted, and we encouraged her to try it, to keep skills up etc, it was awesome.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just fix the shortcut in FG1 :3
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PelinalWhitestrake oh so ur done...then I guess u quit ESO? in that case...can I have ur things?

stupid.....
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo some random player randomly decided that they’d rather specify the random dungeon the randomly selected group got to randomly play?
    How random is that!? Does it randomly happen a lot? Or just more....random?

Heh as I read forums more I see this is a larger “thing” than I first thought...though in truth...during events is it any surprise people are more interested in the Rewards rather than the Content?
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on December 4, 2018 1:29PM
  • chaoseater99
    chaoseater99
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I asked a group in Volenfell to go to Fungal Grotto today and they ignored me. They preferred to stand outside the various doors for 10 minutes because we were inexplicably still in combat. :|

If you want to play long dungeons during this event find 3 other people who feel the same way. Most players don't have a lot of time to play.

Or if you want to port to Fungal Grotto, you can find 3 other people who feel the same way. I'm sure there's plenty of them out there during the event.

But common courtesy dictates that you only port to a different dungeon if the entire group agrees.

And what should I do if 3 out of 4 people agree and one doesn't?
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I asked a group in Volenfell to go to Fungal Grotto today and they ignored me. They preferred to stand outside the various doors for 10 minutes because we were inexplicably still in combat. :|

If you want to play long dungeons during this event find 3 other people who feel the same way. Most players don't have a lot of time to play.

Or if you want to port to Fungal Grotto, you can find 3 other people who feel the same way. I'm sure there's plenty of them out there during the event.

But common courtesy dictates that you only port to a different dungeon if the entire group agrees.

And what should I do if 3 out of 4 people agree and one doesn't?

3 port and 1 stays!
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    People want the rewards without enduring the broke grouping system. Get over it. Enjoy the event while it lasts.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    i bet many people didn't even know about this before this topic. Tx, OP. You screw it even more, lol
    Or they temporarily/permanently ban those people like that pathetic trial skin exploit. In which case I'd be all for that.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i bet many people didn't even know about this before this topic. Tx, OP. You screw it even more, lol
    Or they temporarily/permanently ban those people like that pathetic trial skin exploit. In which case I'd be all for that.

If you think that glitching a trial for a reward is the same as doing a different normal dungeon to get the same rewards that are available from literally any normal dungeon, you might want to clean out your skooma pipe after each use.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭

If you think that glitching a trial for a reward is the same as doing a different normal dungeon to get the same rewards that are available from literally any normal dungeon, you might want to clean out your skooma pipe after each use.

didn't they ban (though not permanently I hope.. I think it was just temporary..) a bunch of people who went into IC after a patch where there was a bug that caused people to get like loads more exp than normal or something of that nature and said all those people were exploiting it and banned them for it. and this was like really shortly after the patch IIRC. It may have been some other reward or something like that and i might be recalling incorrectly. IDK.

This definitely isn't something anyone should be banned for permanently or for any really significant length of time imo. Lots of people probably did it unknowingly because other players told them too. Most people after waiting 30+ min to get into a group then everyone says "port to fg1" and they do will probably do it cause there's not alot of options in that case besides leaving and waiting another 30+ minutes. I think ZoS should just listen to the feedback and maybe rework the event some if they plan on running it again next year. And make so that trick can't be used anymore. I don't think they should just make so people can't do that trick without also fixing a few other issues that way people don't get too upset that now it's too unbearable for them because they have to do the long dungeons when all they wanna do is... repeatedly grind the same dungeon over and over. I think the event needs to be reworked so it's at a place where it's mostly enjoyable in general. I like running the random dungeon I get generally but I definitely get people not wanting to do that everytime when they get really long ones/harder ones with tougher mechanics that might not be very... doable with any group. So basically just probably make so people don't HAVE to do the DLC ones if they don't want. Not just for the event but in general kinda sucks if you just wanna do a random daily for some exp on your lowbie and get the worst possible dungeon for it. I don't think that means it should be SUPER DUPER EASY AND QUICK like just running FG1 though.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Oh, you're one of those type of people.

31183164327_80520d976c.jpg

Well, at least you confirmed you're a waste of oxygen.

This forum really has devolved over these 5 years. Time to abandon this sh*thole.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGraves wrote: »

didn't they ban (though not permanently I hope.. I think it was just temporary..) a bunch of people who went into IC after a patch where there was a bug that caused people to get like loads more exp than normal or something of that nature and said all those people were exploiting it and banned them for it. and this was like really shortly after the patch IIRC. It may have been some other reward or something like that and i might be recalling incorrectly. IDK.

This definitely isn't something anyone should be banned for permanently or for any really significant length of time imo. Lots of people probably did it unknowingly because other players told them too. Most people after waiting 30+ min to get into a group then everyone says "port to fg1" and they do will probably do it cause there's not alot of options in that case besides leaving and waiting another 30+ minutes. I think ZoS should just listen to the feedback and maybe rework the event some if they plan on running it again next year. And make so that trick can't be used anymore. I don't think they should just make so people can't do that trick without also fixing a few other issues that way people don't get too upset that now it's too unbearable for them because they have to do the long dungeons when all they wanna do is... repeatedly grind the same dungeon over and over. I think the event needs to be reworked so it's at a place where it's mostly enjoyable in general. I like running the random dungeon I get generally but I definitely get people not wanting to do that everytime when they get really long ones/harder ones with tougher mechanics that might not be very... doable with any group. So basically just probably make so people don't HAVE to do the DLC ones if they don't want. Not just for the event but in general kinda sucks if you just wanna do a random daily for some exp on your lowbie and get the worst possible dungeon for it. I don't think that means it should be SUPER DUPER EASY AND QUICK like just running FG1 though.

The xp glitch was probably classified as game-breaking because you could just kill a few mobs for millions of xp, which could let people to powerlevel characters and skills faster than intended, even though it didn't give any unfair benefits like people who glitched vAS+2 for the skin and perfected destro staffs, or people glitching pvp-related things. With the current glitch, even if you port to an easy dungeon, you still have to do the dungeon, and the rewards you get from finishing Fungal Grotto 1 from a random queue are the exact same ones you get from finishing Moon Hunter Keep or any other dlc dungeon from a random queue, so it's not really something that's game-breakingly unfair. There was a glitch a little over a year ago where you could skip the timer for the premium random daily rewards by getting kicked after beating the random dungeon, or letting 2 people leave before you. That glitch was quietly patched out and no bans were handed out, so this one will probably be the same.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know how tiring it is whenever you get into a group through the Activity Finder only for the leader to say 'lemme p0rt to fungal grotto 1, brah' because he/she/it/whatever refuses to do the actual the dungeon they get? You STILL get the rewards from the Activity Finder even though they manually port to an easier "dungeon" (Fungal Grotto 1 is just an oversized delve, seriously). That isn't a 'random dungeon through the activity finder' in my book. Can that get fixed, please? Pretty please.

I'm sure people will disagree because this easy peasy lemon squeezy cheesy "trick" is too much of a convenience for them.

EDIT: Lo and behold! People who like to exploit stuff already came in to defend this. I'm done.

You are why we can't have nice things....

Why are you whining about this? Get your own group.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I queued random dungeon 5 times last night. 4 times the pugs ported to FG1. I left every one of those games when I saw they ported to FG1.

Wasted my whole night and lost a lot of mysterious boxes because of this exploit I refused to be a part off.

This SERIOUSLY needs fixed.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know how tiring it is whenever you get into a group through the Activity Finder only for the leader to say 'lemme p0rt to fungal grotto 1, brah' because he/she/it/whatever refuses to do the actual the dungeon they get? You STILL get the rewards from the Activity Finder even though they manually port to an easier "dungeon" (Fungal Grotto 1 is just an oversized delve, seriously). That isn't a 'random dungeon through the activity finder' in my book. Can that get fixed, please? Pretty please.

I'm sure people will disagree because this easy peasy lemon squeezy cheesy "trick" is too much of a convenience for them.

EDIT: Lo and behold! People who like to exploit stuff already came in to defend this. I'm done.

Do you know how tiring it is to get into a group in a long dungeon with a bunch of lowbies or skill-less people and painfully try to go through it? Or even worse, get stuck in a DLC dungeon where mechanics matter...or on my tank where all the dps die? Sometimes I ran with 3 people I knew wanted the same quick answer to this event. Sometimes I didn't and tried to queue on my own...and it's awful. I only have 7 toons, but don't have time to go through DLC dungeons with people who can't kill anything or who are always dead. Imagine those trying to do that on more. I don't have 15 hours to go through that.

But you had to complain about a good thing.

At least if ZOS listens to the whiners about this, then next time don't make people sign up for the random daily.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why don't YOU make your own group instead of hijacking PUGs?
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of this happening as well. Just do the random dungeon folks!
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you know how tiring it is to get into a group in a long dungeon with a bunch of lowbies or skill-less people and painfully try to go through it? Or even worse, get stuck in a DLC dungeon where mechanics matter...or on my tank where all the dps die? Sometimes I ran with 3 people I knew wanted the same quick answer to this event. Sometimes I didn't and tried to queue on my own...and it's awful. I only have 7 toons, but don't have time to go through DLC dungeons with people who can't kill anything or who are always dead. Imagine those trying to do that on more. I don't have 15 hours to go through that.

But you had to complain about a good thing.

At least if ZOS listens to the whiners about this, then next time don't make people sign up for the random daily.

People like you are why I never tried and heavily avoid dungeons, so thanks for making me feel worse about myself.

• Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why don't YOU make your own group instead of hijacking PUGs?
    Lol
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much Elitist B.S. ... Do what you do and let others do what they do.

It's a game... Different people enjoy it different ways and YOUR way is not necessarily the RIGHT way nor the ONLY way.
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the issue here if it doesn't negatively affect you? I'm failing to understand
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the issues is semantics, and bad coding.

You ARE queuing for a random dungeon, and you received a random dungeon. You just chose to port again to a dungeon of your choosing. The fact that the "buff" or "reward" still sticks around is poor coding.
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    One of the issues is semantics, and bad coding.

You ARE queuing for a random dungeon, and you received a random dungeon. You just chose to port again to a dungeon of your choosing. The fact that the "buff" or "reward" still sticks around is poor coding.

OP complains mostly about the people that are abusing it rather than the poor coding.
    Edited by Geroken777 on December 5, 2018 6:35PM
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Official Zos Response from German forum
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    This discussion is still going on? Why is here no offical response like we got in the german forum which would end this discussion in seconds?

This is what ZOS said about it:
    Das ist sicher nicht im Sinne des Erfinders, wie man so schön sagt. Allerdings verstehe ich auch, wenn jemand z.B. in der Mittagspause oder bei begrenzter Zeit im Spiel unglücklich ist, wenn er bei Zufallsverliesen eines der komplizierteren oder längerwierigeren zugewiesen bekommt.

Ich sehe keinen Grund, das zu ahnden aber vielleicht können wir es spieltechnisch für die Zukunft unterbinden.

In english:
    That is certainly not in the sense of the inventor, as the saying goes. However, I also understand when someone, e.g. is unhappy in the lunch break or limited time in the game, when he gets assigned to one of the more complicated or longer-lasting random dungeons.

I see no reason to punish this, but maybe we can stop it for the future.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/comment/5646569/#Comment_5646569

That is certainly not in the sense of the inventor, as the saying goes. However, I also understand when someone, e.g. is unhappy in the lunch break or limited time in the game, when he gets assigned to one of the more complicated or longer-lasting random dungeons.

I see no reason to punish this, but maybe we can stop it for the future.

#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the O.P. just sent me an abusive personal comment just because he didn't like what I'd posted on page 1.

Um, ok, then.

If you don't want people to post on your thread, then don't make threads. *Shrugs*
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    This is all well and good BUT ONLY APPLIES IF DUNGEON FINDER ACTUALLY PUTS YOU IN ANY DUNGEON INSTEAD OF THE CONSTANT FAILED READY CHECK BUG....

Sorry for yelling, am a little unhappy about the poor rate of success when using dungeon finder so far during this event. I wish I could have the opportunity to opt for Fungal instead - I would just like to have it stop saying that someone wasn't ready and going into a loop of that.

That's part of the problem with the Dungeon finder. If the person queing up has the DLC, but the person pulled from the Que doesn't, it comes up with an error messages stating the other person wasn't ready. Then you end up, in events like this, being put into an infinite loop of craptacularishness!

Frankly, this thing was happening last year. ZOS has known about it and had at least a year to do something about it. It's not a priority. People weren't doing this for the "Random Dungeon" rewards, but were doing it for the "Event" Rewards and the Tickets. As far as I'm concerned it's a non-issue.

PS: I was one of the few smart people to not bother with the Event Boxes and just Solo'd nFG1 for the event tickets so I didn't have to put up with playing with other people or dealing with the very, very broken Dungeon Finder.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Event ended, and people are still doing it.

What's the excuse now?
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • central_scrutinizer
    Do you know how tiring it is to get into a group in a long dungeon with a bunch of lowbies or skill-less people and painfully try to go through it? Or even worse, get stuck in a DLC dungeon where mechanics matter...or on my tank where all the dps die?

No, if lowbies can access it, we can sleepwalk through it. Whining about normal is ridiculous.