The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS: Can this stupid PUG "trick" get a fix?

Aebaradath
Aebaradath
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you know how tiring it is whenever you get into a group through the Activity Finder only for the leader to say 'lemme p0rt to fungal grotto 1, brah' because he/she/it/whatever refuses to do the actual the dungeon they get? You STILL get the rewards from the Activity Finder even though they manually port to an easier "dungeon" (Fungal Grotto 1 is just an oversized delve, seriously). That isn't a 'random dungeon through the activity finder' in my book. Can that get fixed, please? Pretty please.

I'm sure people will disagree because this easy peasy lemon squeezy cheesy "trick" is too much of a convenience for them.

EDIT: Lo and behold! People who like to exploit stuff already came in to defend this. I'm done.
Edited by Aebaradath on November 30, 2018 11:56PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know that was a thing. Sounds awesome. Maybe I'll start doing that.

*EDIT* Because some people have no sense of humor: I WAS JOKING. Holy cow, lighten up, some of you.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on December 6, 2018 3:54AM
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t bother me. Especially during this event.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Oh, you're one of those type of people.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I asked a group in Volenfell to go to Fungal Grotto today and they ignored me. They preferred to stand outside the various doors for 10 minutes because we were inexplicably still in combat. :|

If you want to play long dungeons during this event find 3 other people who feel the same way. Most players don't have a lot of time to play.
    PS5 EU.
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always a whiner. Maybe people wouldn't exploit loopholes like this if the events were actually fun. But they're not, they're crap. And most people want to get them out of the way so they can go back to standing on wayshrines reading books.
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    [snap]... Can that get fixed, please? Pretty please.

Sure right about after the dungeon finder tool gets fully working, so see ya in 5 years again!
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just wanna get this crap done as fast as possible stop moaning.
    Its hard enough carrying scrubs through all content as it is.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

31183164327_80520d976c.jpg

• karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great now it will get nerfed.

It was great Random queing then going to do fun DLC content/DLC pledge/Motif farm with XP bonuses for people, but I guess OP had to yell it.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

Forget it Bats; it's General Discussion. :P
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This will be the bug that gets fixed first with the group finder I'm sure. The one that tells you someone clicked Not Ready 50 time will be the one to remain in the game for 5 years.
    Playing since beta...
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@zos

Is using the Random Dungeon finder then porting to the dungeon of your choice considered an exploit?

I don't want to get banned if it is.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see...

Complete FG1 in a few minutes with no issues, collect reward box, go on to do whatever else in game...

OR

...get a newer, longer DLC with players who do not know any of the mechanics, and waste my evening as they treat the dungeon like progression raid night.

Anyways - I'd love to see them better balance and / or segregate the dungeons in the queue, providing an opt in / out and / or better rewards for doing DLC / vet DLC.
    Edited by Dawnblade on December 1, 2018 1:08AM
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    Let's see...

Complete FG1 in a few minutes with no issues, collect reward box, go on to do whatever else in game...

OR

...get a newer, longer DLC with players who do not know any of the mechanics, and waste my evening as they treat the dungeon like progression raid night.

I could have not say this better. Exactly my tought. Youre even hold back on it >_<
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally not an issue.
    NA PS4
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was watching a stream this afternoon and they didn't want to do Darkshade 1 lol. SMH
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, Peni, don't think you're supposed to explain how an exploit works... oh well! :D
    I guess it's an issue, though not a huge one.. would still be nice to have fixed.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked a group in Volenfell to go to Fungal Grotto today and they ignored me. They preferred to stand outside the various doors for 10 minutes because we were inexplicably still in combat. :|

If you want to play long dungeons during this event find 3 other people who feel the same way. Most players don't have a lot of time to play.

Or if you want to port to Fungal Grotto, you can find 3 other people who feel the same way. I'm sure there's plenty of them out there during the event.

But common courtesy dictates that you only port to a different dungeon if the entire group agrees.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zos

Is using the Random Dungeon finder then porting to the dungeon of your choice considered an exploit?

I don't want to get banned if it is.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    PS4 Pro NA
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @PelinalWhitestrake oh so ur done...then I guess u quit ESO? in that case...can I have ur things?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see...

OR

Anyways - I'd love to see them better balance and / or segregate the dungeons in the queue, providing an opt in / out and / or better rewards for doing DLC / vet DLC.

I think you highlighted a root cause of the issue here. Of all the dungeons in the pool, they are not of equal length and difficulty. Sure, there will always be some that are easier or shorter than others, but the difference between FG1 and Scalecaller is huge. A fast group can finish FG1 in under 5 minutes. There is a zero percent chance of that ever happening in a DLC dungeon, partially due to length, difficulty and also the crazy amount of boss monologing that seems to be present before you can even start many fights.

Yes, this workaround is giving people easier random completions but the root issue is that the dungeon pool has such a vast difference in how long it can take to finish them. This causes people to find the path of least resistance and there is a very easy way to get that right now.

If this were to be fixed in some way, it could just lead to more problems. People simply dropping out of DLC randoms and swapping toons to try again or just eating the 15 minute penalty knowing that even with that penalty they might just get a faster dungeon the next time.

If all dungeons in any given pool of randoms were of similar length and difficulty, the issue becomes mostly a non issue.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see...

OR

I think you highlighted a root cause of the issue here. Of all the dungeons in the pool, they are not of equal length and difficulty. Sure, there will always be some that are easier or shorter than others, but the difference between FG1 and Scalecaller is huge. A fast group can finish FG1 in under 5 minutes. There is a zero percent chance of that ever happening in a DLC dungeon, partially due to length, difficulty and also the crazy amount of boss monologing that seems to be present before you can even start many fights.

Yes, this workaround is giving people easier random completions but the root issue is that the dungeon pool has such a vast difference in how long it can take to finish them. This causes people to find the path of least resistance and there is a very easy way to get that right now.

If this were to be fixed in some way, it could just lead to more problems. People simply dropping out of DLC randoms and swapping toons to try again or just eating the 15 minute penalty knowing that even with that penalty they might just get a faster dungeon the next time.

If all dungeons in any given pool of randoms were of similar length and difficulty, the issue becomes mostly a non issue.

So are you suggesting something like splitting the dungeon pools by pledge giver? With tiered rewards where only the DLC dungeons get what is the current random daily reward? (Or maybe still have a "all dungeons" queue that also rewards the current reward but you take your chances).
    The Moot Councillor
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see...

OR

I've been proposing a tier system for dungeons a few months ago, most people didn't like it.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While that 'stupid PUG trick' is being 'fixed', perhaps a couple other fixes should be in order as well:

Option in random for: Any dungeon / Any non-DLC dungeon.
    Option in all LFG for: Any four will do / Classic triad (one tank, one healer, two dps).

I don't use the random aspect of the dungeon finder at all since I boycott DLC dungeons. I'm not complaining about them, simply judge them as not fun and I'm simply not about to go into any dungeon unless I know exactly which one it is and I know I'm prepared for it.

I also only pug on my healer and sometimes my tank so would always opt for a classic triad group. But I know there are many dps who would rather have a faster queue than the long ones they have now and choice might help some and hopefully decrease the number of fake tank/heals inflicted on dps who follow the rules and want a classic group.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option in all LFG for: Any four will do / Classic triad (one tank, one healer, two dps).

Pet peeve: "Any four will do" is NOT what people want when they ask for this. They want 4x DPS, Tank and 3x DPS or Healer and 3x DPS.

Nobody wants to end up in a dungeon with 4 tanks or 2 healers. Or 2 healers and 2 tanks. Yes, I understand the chances of that would be slim, but computers do exactly what you tell them to do.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All of these people coming out of the woodwork. I would laugh my heart out if they fixed the bug, and people actually had to hit the dungeon they were assigned.

Down with the bugs! OP is right! L2P!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since people are spending like 45 min in a loop of "ready check; forming group; someone declined the invite, you have been placed at the front of the queue" I don't blame them one bit for wanting to cheese through a fast instance.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn't ban people for the glitch where you could reset your daily random dungeon and get the premium rewards over and over, they just quietly patched it out with no bans since you still had to do the whole dungeon to do it. This glitch is no different.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Pet peeve: "Any four will do" is NOT what people want when they ask for this. They want 4x DPS, Tank and 3x DPS or Healer and 3x DPS.

Nobody wants to end up in a dungeon with 4 tanks or 2 healers. Or 2 healers and 2 tanks. Yes, I understand the chances of that would be slim, but computers do exactly what you tell them to do.

Good point. Making that option '4 dps only!' would be fine. The whole purpose of that option is to give dps an option for shorter queue if they are willing to go tankless and healerless. If players want more customization in their group then lfg in chat or guild is way to go of course.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People want the rewards without taking the risk they’re being rewarded for. Disappointing.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle