The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random Dungeon: Is tp to another dungeon (eg: Fungal Grotto) an exploit/cheat?

• Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone might say that this is a toxic conversation but I believe it is the healthiest thing to do at this point of the game. Want to know why? Because the game needs a serious rework on its base and the only thing that will motivate zos into investing time and resources on that is these kind of intense and nonsensical debates provoked by those dumbster fire events. All those bugs, all those loopholes created by poor coding, all those performance issues that gradually degenerate the community and the game itself need to be fixed.
    Take a break from dlcs and expansions for a while and repeat the "One Tamriel" example. Rework your base game and free yourselves and us from all those issues that shouldn't exist in the first place. Or keep delivering mediocre content infested with unsolvable problems. It's up to you.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's also the trouble when getting in a group after waiting 15-20min for a DPS queue pop and everyone goes "fg1" and ports away.

As a player, then you have the choice of dropping group, taking a time penalty, and then waiting for another queue to pop... or going along with it because you don't want to spend forever trying to knock out your random for the day. It's a really crappy choice to be put in the position of making. Either go with the others, or spend another half hour+ waiting for a pop where people may do the same thing again.

Though, it seems I've been getting a lot of FG1 provided by the random finder anyways, so perhaps the queue has been weighted a little towards it?
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Edwin
    Edwin
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I heard people reported this to ZOS last year during the event, they didn't fix it or release a statement about it. Someone made a thread during this event asking ZOS if this is considered an exploit and if we should do it, they didn't respond.

This probably means that they either don't care or it's okay. I definitely don't think people should be banned for doing it when ZOS hasn't stated if it's allowed or not allowed when asked several times.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a mistake by zos bc they should not have limited the box to RANDOM dungeons. It should drop whenever you complete any dungeon.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    How long did it take you? Also how many characters do you have?

I see where are you going with it and going to ask: how is that relevant? Do you feel that people must value your time because you really really really want all those fifteen reward boxes tonight? ^^ If you really want FG1 speedruns - get together with guildmates, so you all could mutually agree on violating the promise you all gave by using the finder. That way, you're not forcing anyone else to be dishonest.

VIOLATING THE PROMISE YOU ALL GAVE BY USING THE FINDER!?!? What the sh is this now?!?
    216858.png

I just....but yet OUR time is worth NOTHING to spend 30+ min in NICP THEN?!
    firefly.gif

I'm done. lol. omg.
    efb.png
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a mistake by zos bc they should not have limited the box to RANDOM dungeons. It should drop whenever you complete any dungeon.

OR TRIALS since it is the UNDAUNTED event. Good point!
    Edited by Mureel on December 5, 2018 7:44AM
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ntzf1Ww_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Edited by LordGavus on December 5, 2018 7:55AM
  • Aurayna
    Aurayna
    ✭✭✭
    Not only that - the last dungeon I did one player teleported to fungal grotto and the others had already run ahead leaving me behind ... because i didn't know the dungeon or where to go I was running around like a headless chicken and then within a few minutes the activity was finished. I think the players just went to the final boss without doing anything else

I got my box reward and event ticket but really it was the worse kind of experience. I would have liked to do the dungeon with others as I get some satisfaction of us all working together and completing it !

I have enough tickets now so won't do one today but in the future would like to complete more !
    PC - EU
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aurayna wrote: »
    Not only that - the last dungeon I did one player teleported to fungal grotto and the others had already run ahead leaving me behind ... because i didn't know the dungeon or where to go I was running around like a headless chicken and then within a few minutes the activity was finished. I think the players just went to the final boss without doing anything else

I got my box reward and event ticket but really it was the worse kind of experience. I would have liked to do the dungeon with others as I get some satisfaction of us all working together and completing it !

I have enough tickets now so won't do one today but in the future would like to complete more !

Well good - you have 51 other weeks to take 30 min to do 10 min dungeon. :)
    Edited by Mureel on December 5, 2018 8:03AM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Mr_Walker , sure, fake tanks are a problem, and that's completely different beast. But say, if I got just a squishy inexperienced tank (I happened to) who wants to learn, I'd be teaching them. Even if wouldn't get a clear, still time well spent, for me at least.

@Mureel , meme pictures somehow mean to back up your point? Yes, I know it's hard to grasp, but when you use finder, you declare that you want to run the dungeon the finder will give you, with people it will give you. More so, if you'll read into the terms of the event on the web page, you will see that reward box is awarded specifically for the dungeon that results from using the finder with 'random normal' or 'random veteran' selected. So yes, don't be surprised. When you queued, you knew it could be nICP. Don't want nICP? Don't queue. Still want to cheat and jump to different dungeon? You're naughty, but at least pick three more naughty ones from guildies, don't force random innocent people to be naughty too.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on December 5, 2018 8:02AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Mr_Walker , sure, fake tanks are a problem, and that's completely different beast. But say, if I got just a squishy inexperienced tank (I happened to) who wants to learn, I'd be teaching them. Even if wouldn't get a clear, still time well spent, for me at least.

@Mureel , meme pictures somehow mean to back up your point? Yes, I know it's hard to grasp, but when you use finder, you declare that you want to run the dungeon the finder will give you, with people it will give you. More so, if you'll read into the terms of the event on the web page, you will see that reward box is awarded specifically for the dungeon that results from using the finder with 'random normal' or 'random veteran' selected. So yes, don't be surprised. When you queued, you knew it could be nICP. Don't want nICP? Don't queue. Still want to cheat and jump to different dungeon? You're naughty, but at least pick three more naughty ones from guildies, don't force random innocent people to be naughty too.

Interpret whatever you want, however you want and infer from whatever you want, whatever you want. IDC.

And keep your NAUGHTY and Judgy bs to yourself. Also learn to read. I never forced anyone to do anything.

Yuck.
    Edited by Mureel on December 5, 2018 8:05AM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This didn’t happen to me during this event until recently, when it happened twice. First time made more sense to me than the second:

I’m on a fully leveled healer, specced for heals and support. The dungeon finder has been wonky for me, so I join a random dungeon group recruiting in zone chat. We get Ruins of Mazzatun. I’ve never done it on this character, but in all honesty I’m not there for the skill point and this dungeon is not the pledge. I want the pretty gold box, because Event and Hype and Gamer Dopamine flooding my brain. When the leaders asks if we want to port to FG, I’m chill.

Second time I’m on a baby warden healer. Again, I pre-join a group and the four of us enter the dungeon finder together. Banished Cells 1 pops. Leader asks if we wanna port to FG 1. My lowbie healer hasn’t done either, because lowbie. People want to port. “But it’s BC1,” say I, “it’s just as easy.” “The other one’s faster.” So we port. (Note: I don’t really care...I can equip some DPS skills and solo either when I want to do the quest).

In both cases we were pre-made groups and we all agreed, so no one got cheated out of a dungeon they wanted to do. I obviously don’t think this is an exploit, or I wouldn’t have done it. It’s hard to consider something an exploit when the underlying system, the random dungeon finder, is so screwed up during the annual event that *features* it. (If the loophole has existed for so long, why hasn’t it been fixed??)

But I can see that if this isn’t fixed when so many people who were clueless now know about it, it will cause problems going forward for folks who want to farm specific dungeons or get their daily pledges done.

PS: Please get the DLC dungeons out of the random dungeon finder or make them optional or more highly rewarded.
  • Aurayna
    Aurayna
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Well good - you have 51 other weeks to take 30 min to do 10 min dungeon. :)

Thank you for the unnecessary sarcasm but actually the activity was finished in about 3-5mins !! I see you have tried to trash other peoples posts as well (without contributing anything useful) That gives you your 1 minute of fame I guess !

I'm not getting into it with you as you obviously don't remember when you were a newby in group dungeons !

It IS supposed to be a group effort and I think we should all pull together to complete the dungeon.

My Nord is CP425 and can hold her own within the group. I just think some players should complete these dungeons with their mates or by themselves because they don't work together with other players in random dungeons
    Edited by Aurayna on December 5, 2018 9:27AM
    PC - EU
  • Derbforgaill
    Derbforgaill
    ✭✭✭
    Vain wrote: »
    Group with your friends or learn how to ask.

Learn to ask? In both cases I said "Hi" as soon as I came into the dungeon, and people started porting without saying even hello. No, I don't have to learn to ask for people to remain in the dungeon we were queued on. People have reached such level of contempt for the game and dungeons that they don't even care, and think everyone else is the same.

They should be doing the asking in any case (although I still think it's an exploit), not tp without saying a word and expecting everyone else to follow

• Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32478/kw/random%20dungeon
    You will get a random dungeon reward every 20 hours from the last reward received. In order to receive the bonus reward, you must queue for the dungeon as a random dungeon using the Dungeon Finder. If you queued via the Dungeon Finder, you will be eligible for the reward. If you were manually invited, you will not receive a reward.

The rewards and experience are automatically sent to you after the final boss of the dungeon dies.

You can read more about dungeon rewards here.

1. Queued for the random dungeon via the dungeon finder. Done
    2. Kra’gh the Dreugh King (final boss of the dungeon) dies. Done

https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/55271
    Here’s what you need to do to participate:

Navigate to the Group & Activity Finder
    Select Dungeon Finder
    Select either Random Normal Dungeon or Random Veteran Dungeon
    Select your role (DPS, healing, or tanking) and queue up
    In order to earn a Mysterious Reward Box, you will need to complete the dungeon by defeating its final boss.

Note: You receive Mysterious Reward Boxes as part of your character's daily random dungeon rewards.

Ok, im select random normal. Than tp in FG1. Final boss is defeated. Conditions are met.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Zatox , good attempt, but no cigar. You forgot the very important article "the". You must complete the dungeon resulted from the use of the finder, anything else is cheating.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This discussion is still going on? Why is here no offical response like we got in the german forum which would end this discussion in seconds?

This is what ZOS said about it:
    Das ist sicher nicht im Sinne des Erfinders, wie man so schön sagt. Allerdings verstehe ich auch, wenn jemand z.B. in der Mittagspause oder bei begrenzter Zeit im Spiel unglücklich ist, wenn er bei Zufallsverliesen eines der komplizierteren oder längerwierigeren zugewiesen bekommt.

Ich sehe keinen Grund, das zu ahnden aber vielleicht können wir es spieltechnisch für die Zukunft unterbinden.

In english:
    That is certainly not in the sense of the inventor, as the saying goes. However, I also understand when someone, e.g. is unhappy in the lunch break or limited time in the game, when he gets assigned to one of the more complicated or longer-lasting random dungeons.

I see no reason to punish this, but maybe we can stop it for the future.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/comment/5646569/#Comment_5646569
    Edited by sudaki_eso on December 5, 2018 10:02AM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post - delete
    Edited by sudaki_eso on December 5, 2018 10:02AM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zatox , good attempt, but no cigar. You forgot the very important article "the". You must complete the dungeon resulted from the use of the finder, anything else is cheating.

Cheating no
    exploiting yes
    Gerne nochmal:

Ist es erwünscht, das zugeloste Verlies zu verlassen, um ein leichteres zu laufen? Nein.

Ist das ein Exploit? Kann man diskutieren, weil es das Spiel ja nicht verhindert. Es verstößt aber klar gegen den Designgedanken eines zufälligen Verlieses.

Werden wir es ahnden? Nein, denn abgesehen von der Tatsache, dass einige den billigen Weg gehen und sich Inhalte zurechtbiegen, entsteht anderen Mitspielern kein Schaden. Empörung ist da übertrieben. Man kann höchstens Mitleid haben haben, wenn Leute aus Faulheit lieber jeden Tag die Pilzgrotte laufen statt such abwechselnden Herausforderungen zu stellen.

Sollten wir es nich weiter breittreten? Nein, denn je mehr drüber reden, desto mehr werden in Versuchung kommen, es ebenso zu machen, weil sie nuch die "einzig Dummen sein wollen, die den schwierigeren Weg gehen".

Short english form

Is it intended? no
    will they punish people for it? no

Edit @sudaki_eso was faster^^ thanks :smiley:
    Edited by The_Saint on December 5, 2018 10:04AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @The_Saint , @sudaki_eso , for one, it's from admin, not community manager, there were disagreements in the past; second, punishing people for the exploit isn't even the subject of the thread. Yes, he does state they won't punish people, but what we're discussing here are different; one is, whether it's exploit or not (not only 'yes', but it's against terms of the event, even if they're going to be lenient about it), and another is the practice of pulling random teammates into FG1 without asking them. So, those two things.

In essence, it is an exploit. It's basically a similar thing to the exploit in Asylum that happened not too long ago. Back then, people got slapped and then there were cries - why am I slapped for it, I just got into the team, I did what everyone did, I didn't know we're doing some exploit. And I can understand those people, they may be absolutely genuine - they just ran along, did what everyone does. It's just they got rotten teammates who didn't bother to explain them what's going on, and here's the result, all involved parties get slapped. This situation with FG1 is essentially the same, the only difference is that trespass is minor, no leaderboards involved, and people aren't likely to be punished, but it doesn't suddenly make it less of a trespass.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @The_Saint , @sudaki_eso , for one, it's from admin, not community manager, there were disagreements in the past; second, punishing people for the exploit isn't even the subject of the thread. Yes, he does state they won't punish people, but what we're discussing here are different; one is, whether it's exploit or not (not only 'yes', but it's against terms of the event, even if they're going to be lenient about it), and another is the practice of pulling random teammates into FG1 without asking them. So, those two things.

In essence, it is an exploit. It's basically a similar thing to the exploit in Asylum that happened not too long ago. Back then, people got slapped and then there were cries - why am I slapped for it, I just got into the team, I did what everyone did, I didn't know we're doing some exploit. And I can understand those people, they may be absolutely genuine - they just ran along, did what everyone does. It's just they got rotten teammates who didn't bother to explain them what's going on, and here's the result, all involved parties get slapped. This situation with FG1 is essentially the same, the only difference is that trespass is minor, no leaderboards involved, and people aren't likely to be punished, but it doesn't suddenly make it less of a trespass.

Kai Schober is Community Manager. Same position as Gina and Jessica...

And no its not similar to AS exploit.
    Its a hugh difference... But not the thing here....

And yes the lfg rnd fungal is not intended. And its not ok. And its not in term of the event and the rnd daily award.
    But its an event with hugh issues. so let the people just do when they need to run fungal.
    And dont make it so hugh that more and more and more people hear about.
    I did over 30 runs on PC EU and no groupmember tried to port to fungal never. We finish mazzatun and scarescaller...

When the event is over and there is time, im sure ZOS will try to fix it that you dont get the rnd chest at the when you are not doing a rnd and port.

Edited by The_Saint on December 5, 2018 10:24AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back then, people got slapped and then there were cries - why am I slapped for it, I just got into the team, I did what everyone did, I didn't know we're doing some exploit. And I can understand those people, they may be absolutely genuine - they just ran along, did what everyone does. It's just they got rotten teammates who didn't bother to explain them what's going on, and here's the result, all involved parties get slapped. This situation with FG1 is essentially the same, the only difference is that trespass is minor, no leaderboards involved, and people aren't likely to be punished, but it doesn't suddenly make it less of a trespass.

Ah, thats were you coming from, you are mad that you got caught using an exploit and you want others to get punished too. As far as i know it was pretty much obvious that what you did in vas was an exploit, saying you didnt know it was an exploit seems to be quite naive.

Now calm down, event is almost over and officials said its not intended but ok, case closed.
    Edited by sudaki_eso on December 5, 2018 10:23AM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @The_Saint , he's marked as "admin" while Gina as "community manager", that's all I read at the forum profile. And understand me right, I don't think that the exploit itself is major, and I absolutely don't mind it when people group up with guildmates and run FG1 all day long as their random - it's on them, they're all grown people, they know what they're doing, even if it's not okay. One thing that isn't okay is when people, trying to complete all their characters in a day, drag random group members into FG1 whether they want it or not. You have been an outlier. (I'll admit, I have been one too, though I mostly ran with guildmates, so sample size is small in my case, and when I ran with random people, I was getting normal folks.) But it doesn't make it a healthy thing to be happening.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @sudaki_eso , oh my, that's some conclusions to draw. ^^ So to make things straight: 1. I never exploited vAS, and of course never was punished for any exploits - logical, isn't it. 2. I don't advocate anybody getting punished, I stand against dragging unaware people into FG1, thus making them unwittingly use exploit.

So please, don't make assumptions, you're making fool of yourself. And the case is far from being closed, however much you want to convince yourself of that.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exploit, the only people saying it isn't are those doing it. Isn't that how it works?
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh well. The event is over for console players now. Unless the maintenance is significantly shorter than usual.
    PS5 EU.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jolipinator , could've been worse - you could've been on Steam. ^^ Steam users get full day of downtime regardless of how long the maintenance itself does last. ^^
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never have a problem and I have eso through steam. Don't use steam to launch eso. Make a short cut to the launcher on your desktop.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MajBludd , sadly, doesn't work for accounts created some time after One Tamriel. It's been artificially disabled (I suspect due to some legal agreements with Steam), so users with newer accounts can only login through Steam.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @John_Falstaff that sucks, glad I did it when I did.

Gotta love being locked out of something you paid for. Sorry that info was old and not helpful.