The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Combat Update in U21 - A New Approach

• GreatGildersleeve
    GreatGildersleeve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    To all the negativity here: changes like last patch won't go through unfiltered anymore.

We see what is going to happen, give feedback and since we get to see stuff before it is even coded, we can have an impact before actual decisions are made.

We already had a few rounds of feedback and alterations based on it to make changes as good as possible for the health of the game.

So, since last months there's another instance that combat changes will go through, and we hope that will make the impact you guys are hoping for And prevent sweeping changes that are uncalled for, since it saves effort on ZoS and frustration on the playerbase.

Nice if that’s true, but I’m skeptical. ZoS has a behaviour pattern and now they’re all of a sudden saying ‘no, believe us THIS time.’ Well, I’m not going to hold my breath... I’ll believe all these wonderful changes are in the pipe when I finally see something positive...
    In the meantime, I have a post apocalyptic game to get back to.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all the negativity here: changes like last patch won't go through unfiltered anymore.

We see what is going to happen, give feedback and since we get to see stuff before it is even coded, we can have an impact before actual decisions are made.

We already had a few rounds of feedback and alterations based on it to make changes as good as possible for the health of the game.

So, since last months there's another instance that combat changes will go through, and we hope that will make the impact you guys are hoping for And prevent sweeping changes that are uncalled for, since it saves effort on ZoS and frustration on the playerbase.

I will believe it when I see it. ZOS had said a lot of things in the past like this.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a few lore-friendly "balance options" for each race that would allow players to develop their characters in various roles. It could be in the form of racial morphs. For instance:

A Khajiit character morph the racial passage, Carnage, to either:

a.) weapon crit
    or
    b.) spell crit

Or, perhaps, a Nord could morph the racial passive, Resist Frost, to either:

a.) resist frost
    or
    b.) increase frost damage by 7%

I agree with that and i was thinking the same.

Imperial based sets also has an eye for spell critical as well, Wrath of Imperium, Julianos (imperial god)...

So I was thinking of each race having their unique passives for stamina and magicka, with 4 categories: base resource (10% Magicka or 10% stamina), offensive, defensive and recovery/resource management

Like Imperial could have:
    Base resource: 10% max magicka or 10% max stamina
    Offensive: spell critical or weapon dmg
    Defensive: 12% max health or some resistance
    Recovery/resource management: ---- (thinking)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    I hope that they DON'T make "every race equally capable at every role" it kind of destroys the elder scrolls feel that the best casters were Altmer, Breton, Dunmer, best archers were Bosmer, best melee were Redguard and Khajiit and Orc, best stealthers were Bosmer and Khajiit, etc.

Only thing I'd maybe like to see is balance between the races traditionally chosen for certain roles like with magicka DPS Breton lags behind Altmer and Dunmer, and for Stamina Bosmer lags behind Redguard and Orc, and Nord lags behind Argonian and Imperial as a tank.
    @Arato the problem with that is there are not downsides to any of the Racials, other than the absence of an alternate Race's passives.

Nord and Dunmer, for instance, while having additional mitigation to certain damage types would arguably be weaker to the opposing damage type.

If there were benefits and detriments to Racial passives, there would be less likely to be a handful of BiS choices.

In the standalone's, there were equally upsides and downsides to gender, but since Strength and Acrobatics/Athletics isn't a thing in the online version, these wouldn't apply.

There doesn't need to be equal capability, but there certainly shouldn't be the obvious imbalances that exist in the current state.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to see 7 type of bonus that you can one of each one choose for which role you play:

- % major resource (10%); mag, stam or health
    - % minor resource (5%); mag, stam or health
    - % regen; mag, stam or health
    - % damage, physical, elemental, poison/disease; magic
    - % damage reduction; physical, elemental, poison/disease; magic
    - status immunitiy (1 type)
    - % gain; ap,gold,exp,inspiration
    - Role skill; damage reduction, weapon/spell crit or healing done

Racial uniqueness remain on non combat feature (enviroment damage reduction; swin speed, etc)

Its a nerf to argonians, altmer and redguard, but it's necessary to get rid of choosing the same race to get the best bonuses.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed a certain regularity / trend when it comes to patches so I would not be surprised if "new approach" is the old approach with different name slapped on it:

ZOS nerfs stuff to take away our progression / power in the name of balance and adds more CP cap to have a feeling that we actually gain power (when in reality our characters lose their power). This was mostly noticeable in Morrowind update when they nerfed a lot of CP & sustain. But it also happened in the past. Hybrids are not a "thing" any longer, Sap tanks are pretty much dead (the most fun I had in a game as a NB tank) etc.

Well... Yes.

I know what people expect... buff, buff, buff. Another famous game did that and backed themselves into a corner. They eventually had to fix that, and it was a major earthquake in the game when they did.

So, yes, they need to take something from over-performing parts of the game. I expect that this will continue.

I think that there is no doubt that some people will be totally dismayed by what they are going to roll out in the next major Update. The pass over races will probably decimate builds. Naturally, the builds are only "decimated" from the perspective of the people using the build. Everyone not invested in that particular build will wonder what all the fuss is about.
    • When selecting a race, players should have multiple effective options for any given gameplay role.
    • The combat power provided by each race should be more equalized.
    • Players should feel a stronger sense of power progression through racial passives as they level up.
    • The unique feeling and flavor each race provides should be retained and enhanced where possible, and remain faithful to established lore.

This scares the hell out of me. This sounds like racial homogenization. The last thing I want is racial homogenization in this game. I really want race to be more than a cosmetic decision, but I fear that the "unique flavor" will be cosmetic and not reflect any game play considerations.

I want a mix of races so that some are better at one attribute than the others, including health. Yes, I am one of the crazy ones that would actually like to see them refactor the game so that there are three attributes Stamina, Magicka, and Heath, instead of the two we have today. :neutral:

I want there to be races that are good for tanking, but not as good for healing, and have other races that are better at healing than tanking. Differences are good.

I expect ZOS to homogenize the races simply because they probably have an analysis showing that people pick the wrong class for what they want to do, get frustrated, and leave. If that happens, then it would probably be better if the race was just a cosmetic choice, like the rest of the character appearance, and put everything into the class and class skills. Simplify the combat part of the game down to class and item sets and leave the rest to cosmetics. I will be very sad if this happen.

I am preparing myself for being quite sad with what they come out with in 2019. But, they aren't asking me. I'm not a Racial Representative.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed a certain regularity / trend when it comes to patches so I would not be surprised if "new approach" is the old approach with different name slapped on it:

ZOS nerfs stuff to take away our progression / power in the name of balance and adds more CP cap to have a feeling that we actually gain power (when in reality our characters lose their power). This was mostly noticeable in Morrowind update when they nerfed a lot of CP & sustain. But it also happened in the past. Hybrids are not a "thing" any longer, Sap tanks are pretty much dead (the most fun I had in a game as a NB tank) etc.

Well... Yes.

I know what people expect... buff, buff, buff. Another famous game did that and backed themselves into a corner. They eventually had to fix that, and it was a major earthquake in the game when they did.

So, yes, they need to take something from over-performing parts of the game. I expect that this will continue.

I think that there is no doubt that some people will be totally dismayed by what they are going to roll out in the next major Update. The pass over races will probably decimate builds. Naturally, the builds are only "decimated" from the perspective of the people using the build. Everyone not invested in that particular build will wonder what all the fuss is about.
    • When selecting a race, players should have multiple effective options for any given gameplay role.
    • The combat power provided by each race should be more equalized.
    • Players should feel a stronger sense of power progression through racial passives as they level up.
    • The unique feeling and flavor each race provides should be retained and enhanced where possible, and remain faithful to established lore.

This scares the hell out of me. This sounds like racial homogenization. The last thing I want is racial homogenization in this game. I really want race to be more than a cosmetic decision, but I fear that the "unique flavor" will be cosmetic and not reflect any game play considerations.

I want a mix of races so that some are better at one attribute than the others, including health. Yes, I am one of the crazy ones that would actually like to see them refactor the game so that there are three attributes Stamina, Magicka, and Heath, instead of the two we have today. :neutral:

I want there to be races that are good for tanking, but not as good for healing, and have other races that are better at healing than tanking. Differences are good.

I expect ZOS to homogenize the races simply because they probably have an analysis showing that people pick the wrong class for what they want to do, get frustrated, and leave. If that happens, then it would probably be better if the race was just a cosmetic choice, like the rest of the character appearance, and put everything into the class and class skills. Simplify the combat part of the game down to class and item sets and leave the rest to cosmetics. I will be very sad if this happen.

I am preparing myself for being quite sad with what they come out with in 2019. But, they aren't asking me. I'm not a Racial Representative.

Honestly, I think ZOS will allow multiple racial passive morphs to focus on damage, healing, or tanking. You will probably be able to fine tune those morphs with magic, stamina, or health options. Think of the characters throughout the storylines.

For instance- here's a few from AD:

The Silvenar was a Bosmeri magic-user (I'd even say Warden). He was very, very powerful and he could focus on healing. His wife, the Green Lady, was powerful stamina-based rogue.

Shazah or Khali were two Khajiiti twins in the main storyline of Reaper's March. One was a powerful mage while the other was a skilled fighter.

And even Queen Ayrenn was an Altmer fighter... not a mage.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    As I read over the different posts here, I can't help but feel that this thread seems to have worked pretty well in distracting everyone from all the various issues raised elsewhere in the forums to focus primarily on racial passives, which is something I rarely saw anyone voice an opinion over (aside from a few races that may overperform).

How long will we need to wait on a follow up? Will it be the beginning of the year before we have any indication that this wasn't just a post to patronize us through the holiday season? On the surface, that's really what it seems like, just like the 'we're looking into Cyrodiil performance' offhand remarks that ZOS staff have occasionally made over the years (with only worsening performance to show for it).

If it really takes 2 months (ie into the new year) for them to articulate the vision they have for the road ahead, I have serious concerns about the people in charge of planning all of this. These things should already exist, and just need to be modified for public consumption. If they don't exist, what were they even working towards with the past few rounds of updates?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sygil05 wrote: »
    How long will we need to wait on a follow up? Will it be the beginning of the year before we have any indication that this wasn't just a post to patronize us through the holiday season? On the surface, that's really what it seems like, just like the 'we're looking into Cyrodiil performance' offhand remarks that ZOS staff have occasionally made over the years (with only worsening performance to show for it).

If it really takes 2 months (ie into the new year) for them to articulate the vision they have for the road ahead, I have serious concerns about the people in charge of planning all of this. These things should already exist, and just need to be modified for public consumption. If they don't exist, what were they even working towards with the past few rounds of updates?

They won't articulate the vision until they are ready to transition to QA for the Chapter release. The next we will hear about it will be in the year-end note from Firor and he will talk about it at the executive level. It will be an off-hand remark and mixed in with a bunch of others.

Yes, this should already exist, and it is somewhat alarming what they said. They make it sound like they have been drifting aimlessly through the game design pasture for the last four years. Maybe they have been, and if so, a desperately necessary move to correct it is what I read in this note. Maybe they have not, and what they are doing is going back and cleaning up the plan to reflect changes that have been made since it was conceived.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to seem some morphs so that Race has some more varity to it. Not so far as to completely separate the Passive from the race but something to make Race a little more flexable. For example, for Bosmer

Acrobat
    Increases your experience gain with the Bow skill line by 15%. Decreases your fall damage taken by 10%.

Y'ffre's Endurance III
    Increases your Stamina Recovery by 21%.
    New morph - Increase your Health, Magicka, and Stamina recovery by 7%

Resist Affliction III
    Increases your Max Stamina by 6% and Poison and Disease Resistance by 1485. Gain immunity to the poisoned and diseased status effects.

Stealthy III New Name - Light Footed
    Reduces your detection radius in stealth by 3 meters. Increases your damage done while in stealth by 10%.
    New morph - Decrease the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 10%

This way Bosmer maintain their Lore, but it also leaves room for the idea that a Bosmer may have chosen to study a particular way of life.
    From a game play side, it helps remove Bosmer from being pigeon holed as Stamina Night Blades. If you're not a NB then chose the Snare morph. If you want to play a Bosmer Tank or Mag build, then chose the all stat regen morph.
    I would like to seem similar effects for all classes too, even for BiS races for people who want to play them in other roles. Stamina Altmer, Mag Redguard, even Argonian, although they are already really well balance for any role.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiits should take less fall damage.

Just saying.
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    Sygil05 wrote: »

They won't articulate the vision until they are ready to transition to QA for the Chapter release. The next we will hear about it will be in the year-end note from Firor and he will talk about it at the executive level. It will be an off-hand remark and mixed in with a bunch of others.

Yes, this should already exist, and it is somewhat alarming what they said. They make it sound like they have been drifting aimlessly through the game design pasture for the last four years. Maybe they have been, and if so, a desperately necessary move to correct it is what I read in this note. Maybe they have not, and what they are doing is going back and cleaning up the plan to reflect changes that have been made since it was conceived.

Now you have me worried that the original post was just a marketing gimmick to improve viewership of ESO Live and to help build hype for the next chapter release...
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

Just saying.

I always thought the bosmer and khajiit 1st passives should have been switched. It was Khajiit that were the better acrobats in the single player games and Bosmer literally have a thing in their culture called right of theft.

I still hope they try to keep some flavor to the races rather than appeasing snowflakes that want to be bosmer mages and somehow be just as good as Dunmer, Altmer, or Bretons at it.

Really, people should look at the races when they choose them, and look at the bonuses, and develop their playstyle around that. Every class has viable magicka, and stamina builds, so they can pick whatever race, whatever class, and adapt.

Arguing for this marxist bs is these people who installed Morrowind on B:\Yourself\ , rolled an Altmer Barbarian and picked up a longsword and then uninstalled after 15 minutes of straight missing claiming this game sucks because all you do is miss when you didn't even try to pick according to skills.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you-get-a-nerf-you-get-a-nerf-everyone-gets-a-nerf.jpg

*except Nords. and as much as I love Nords, they can rot in oblivion if everyone is gonna get nerfed for them
    Edited by WreckfulAbandon on November 20, 2018 12:10AM
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evolve the game by merging the tank and healer role!

-way more tanks.
    -3 dps per group.

That's a new direction.
    Edited by Rungar on November 20, 2018 2:48AM
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saying.

I always thought the bosmer and khajiit 1st passives should have been switched. It was Khajiit that were the better acrobats in the single player games and Bosmer literally have a thing in their culture called right of theft.

I still hope they try to keep some flavor to the races rather than appeasing snowflakes that want to be bosmer mages and somehow be just as good as Dunmer, Altmer, or Bretons at it.

Really, people should look at the races when they choose them, and look at the bonuses, and develop their playstyle around that. Every class has viable magicka, and stamina builds, so they can pick whatever race, whatever class, and adapt.

Arguing for this marxist bs is these people who installed Morrowind on B:\Yourself\ , rolled an Altmer Barbarian and picked up a longsword and then uninstalled after 15 minutes of straight missing claiming this game sucks because all you do is miss when you didn't even try to pick according to skills.

Redguard is head and shoulders above any other stamina race.

The magicka races are in a better spot with all 3 of them receiving the +9-10% magicka passive. Bretons don't receive any elemental damage boost, but that's not a huge DPS loss.

I'm fine with some classes being better suited for stamina while others being better suited for magicka, even though it doesn't make any sense within the lore (Shalidor is a Nord mage, Naryu is a Dummer assassin, etc.). But at least make the races relatively equal at these roles. Altmer vs. Dunmer is well balanced, for example.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on November 20, 2018 7:26AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saying.

The magicka races are in a better spot with all 3 of them receiving the +9-10% magicka passive. Bretons don't receive any elemental damage boost, but that's not a huge DPS loss.

I'm fine with some classes being better suited for stamina while others being better suited for magicka, even though it doesn't make any sense within the lore (Shalidor is a Nord mage, Naryu is a Dummer assassin, etc.). But at least make the races relatively equal at these roles. Altmer vs. Dunmer is well balanced, for example.

See, in the lore, they basically use their racial strengths to compliment their weakness in their 'class' but in games, most just decide to stack on their racial strength more so in this game. Tbf, I don't see much that can be done other than making other races viable. But knowing ZOS, we will get buffs to useless passive to useless level again and nerf the useful too much.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saying.

Yeah if they just balance it so that Altmer, Dunmer and Breton all have +10% max magicka and equalish other bonuses that's fine, all 3 races are supposed to be good mages/wizards in lore. With Stamina, Orc, Redguard, and Bosmer/Khajiit should be pretty equal, with Khajiit/Bosmer trading some sustain for stealth and out of stealth burst.
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett when y’all look into the sets please look at both hand of mephala and Spawn of Mephala. Both are incredibly weak, niche and no one ever uses them. There aren’t many spider sets in the game either. Can we introduce some more spider related themes later in? Maybe summon spiders that have a cool mechanic? I really like seeing sets and abilities that take on themes of the daedra princes
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭

Just saying.

Yeah if they just balance it so that Altmer, Dunmer and Breton all have +10% max magicka and equalish other bonuses that's fine, all 3 races are supposed to be good mages/wizards in lore. With Stamina, Orc, Redguard, and Bosmer/Khajiit should be pretty equal, with Khajiit/Bosmer trading some sustain for stealth and out of stealth burst.

that doesn't solve the lack of diversity IMO
    Edited by Benemime on November 20, 2018 7:35PM
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benemime wrote: »

Just saying.

I don't give a rip about your marxist bs. That's never been a part of Elder Scrolls. Some races have always been better than others at some things, and I wouldn't have it any other way, as long as between the races that do have bonuses towards one playstyle are balanced vs each other that's enough. I dont need Nord mages being equal to Altmer, that's stupid and inconsistent with the series. If you want to make a Bosmer, Redguard, or Nord magicka based class you'd best be accepting that you're playing an uphill battle, at a disadvantage, and in RP are shunned by your culture, because that's how it's always been, if you encounter a Redguard mage it's always considered an anomaly and they always talk about how they were shunned by their family and friends, because its not normal for them.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would rather ZOS not solve any perceived lack of diversity, thank you.

I don't care of there are two or three "go to" races for Magicka, and another couple for Stamina, so long as there is a choice of more than one, and those two groups don't overlap.

I want my racial choice to matter and not just be cookie cutter duplicates of each other where we 'make our own race' using passives and morphs. Not even if those passives and morphs are cleverly named to make us think they are different.

• Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would rather ZOS not solve any perceived lack of diversity, thank you.

I don't care of there are two or three "go to" races for Magicka, and another couple for Stamina, so long as there is a choice of more than one, and those two groups don't overlap.

I want my racial choice to matter and not just be cookie cutter duplicates of each other where we 'make our own race' using passives and morphs. Not even if those passives and morphs are cleverly named to make us think they are different.

No kidding, another MMO where you could cover up the faces of each race and show how they're all exactly the same and not a lick different from each other like SWTOR. That's not diversity that's homogenization making everything the same and boring.
  • ochsinator
    ochsinator
    ✭✭✭
    CaliMade wrote: »
    all i want is some *** STAM MORPHS FOR STAM DK.

WHY IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?

THIS YES SERIOUSLY! Just something useful! Or just call the stam dk the weapon skill knight!!!!!
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rework first CP system. Then touch the races.
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭

Just saying.

I don't give a rip about your marxist bs. That's never been a part of Elder Scrolls. Some races have always been better than others at some things, and I wouldn't have it any other way, as long as between the races that do have bonuses towards one playstyle are balanced vs each other that's enough. I dont need Nord mages being equal to Altmer, that's stupid and inconsistent with the series. If you want to make a Bosmer, Redguard, or Nord magicka based class you'd best be accepting that you're playing an uphill battle, at a disadvantage, and in RP are shunned by your culture, because that's how it's always been, if you encounter a Redguard mage it's always considered an anomaly and they always talk about how they were shunned by their family and friends, because its not normal for them.

I'm a Marxist but I agree with you whole heartedly. If people believe in evolution and genetics. They should be fine with BiS race for class roles.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice if that’s true, but I’m skeptical. ZoS has a behaviour pattern and now they’re all of a sudden saying ‘no, believe us THIS time.’ Well, I’m not going to hold my breath... I’ll believe all these wonderful changes are in the pipe when I finally see something positive...
    In the meantime, I have a post apocalyptic game to get back to.

Exactly!
    ZOS has to say something like, because currently there are some real big competitors.
    So let players hear what they want to hear.
    PS5|EU
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    Thank You @ZOS_RobGarrett for update,

Current racial passives influence players to choose race for their role,

For Example:

PVE Magicka DPS mostly chooses from Altmer/Dumner or Breton, why shall not choose Khajit?, because Carnage passive will be useless and its good to miss. Reaper's March have lot of Khajit NPC mages.

PVE Tank mostly chooses from Argonian, Imperial, Nord or Orc, why shall not choose Bomser?, because its racial passives are not useful for tanking.

Racial passives should be balanced in way that every race can be used for any role (Magicka/Stamina DPS, Tank or Healer)

Exactly this ^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^ 100% support
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    old list of race ultimates:
    - argonian: Histskin - Health regeneration increased by 100 for 15 sec. Activated elite ability.
    - dark elf: Ancestral Guardian - 15 seconds, activated, can taunt.
    - nord: Battle Cry - 7% AE damage increase anyone in area, activated.
    - breton: Dragon Skin – Damage shielded is absorbed as magicka during this period.
    - orc: Berserker Rage – Increase damage done by 20% and reduce damage taken by 10%.
    - redguard: Power Charge – Increase power by 20% for 15 seconds.
    - high elf: Highborn – Increase magicka recovery by 100 for 15 seconds.
    - bosmer: Summon Bear – (Instant / Self / 100 Ultimate) Summon a Bear to attack nearby enemies for 15 seconds.
    - kitty: Eye of Fear – (Instant / 36 meter range / 120 Ultimate) Fear target and cause it to take 5% additional damage from all attacks for 5 seconds.
    - imperial - ?

source:
    https://eldersouls.com/_/elder-scrolls-online/news/racial-skills-daggerfall-covenant-r159

This please
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    How about a magic bow. I have been really good this year.

You already have it, it is called destruction staff.
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
This discussion has been closed.