Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Combat Update in U21 - A New Approach

• Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Arch Mage Shalidor is a Nord... LMAO, guess that noob didn’t know about racial passives and min maxing when he was in character creation... oh wait, he is one of the strongest mages in the lore... must be hacking

Though mostly an enchanter, you can add Ahzidal to the list of legendary Nord magic users, probably even more powerful than Shalidor accounting the knowledge he acquired from the Dwemer, Dragon Priests, and virtually all the magicka-oriented elven races.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    The importance of Wood Elf passives-

Wood elfs passives and don't need to be buffed or nerfed. Their racial passives are a great fit for playing a stamblade - one of the few race/class combos that allow people with certain visual disabilities a way to participate in the game in a meaningful way.
    A small (but not insubstantial) portion of the population suffers from a type of visual disability caused by flashing/flickering lights (i.e., the visual effects of many skills/abilities) ... this type of exposure can trigger things like motion sickness, nausea, migraines, epilepsy, etc. Many gamers with this problem work around it by playing a stealthy/roguish character. In this game that typically means RP'ing as a stealthy thief and/or a stealthy hard-hitting assassin.

These folks have to be selective about the content they participate in and they don't want to be limited to vanilla pve content. Combining or layering the wood elf racial passives, NB passives, and medium armor passives has given a lot of these folks a way to create the type of build that works with their limitations ... allowing them to participate, in a meaningful way, (have fun, get immersed, RP, etc.) in a fair amount of the content (mostly pve).

I'm not saying that these passives should never be changed. All I am asking is for 'the powers that be' to consider what I've said when making their changes.
    @Maryal how do you handle other player effects? It's Stamblade that gives you the more subtle visuals, not the wood elf passives.
    About 1 1/2 years ago I helped someone who had a visual disability with a build ... one thing led to another and I ended up helping several players with this type of visual disability ... I helped them with their builds, with getting armor/weapons, and collaborating on ideas for rotations/gameplay. I am not an expert at the game, not by a longshot. I do, however, have quite a bit of knowledge/experience with the game, game mechanics, equipment, weapons, etc. The details of the builds, the reasoning and benefits behind the choices made would be quite lengthy ... too lengthy to go into here ... but I will say that wood elf racial passives are very important to making these builds/play-styles work for these folks. The people I know generally play solo, which is how they avoid other player effects (or they play with a trusted friend who avoids or minimizes using skills/abilities with visual effects).
    Edited by Maryal on December 1, 2018 8:53AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just gonna keep tossing this into threads concerning update 21 in case any ZOS employee is watching.

If you change things to the point of needing race change tokens please provide them, or the opportunity to re-roll each toon. I’m just hoping that the race changes are presented as racial morphs and will work with skill points. Making us spend $25 per toon would seem like insanity and surely not even ZOS would do that, but you never know.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 1, 2018 6:01AM
  • OBud
    OBud
    ✭✭
    Nerf dk wings plz and then i love u
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorc buff (Stam)DK plez :)
    Edited by TrinityBreaker on December 1, 2018 8:57PM
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    After reading through all 13 pages and every post all I can say is good luck to the devs I hope you do right by these players and I will continue to play my gimped toons ether way.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_RobGarrett ,

Can you please provide more updates as it has been around 20 days passed since this thread posted.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_RobGarrett ,

Can you please provide more updates as it has been around 20 days passed since this thread posted.

I have been wondering this as well.

It seems that we receive several "We'll improve communication/updates" but then we're met with silence for extended periods of time.

My director had a similar conversation with me about "email etiquette". There were times she would ask me a question or send me a list of things to do, and (me being the person I am) would immediately start working on those things or at least begin devising a plan. However, I wasn't keeping her up to date with my progress. Then she had a conversation with me about how sometimes all she even wants is for me to say "Working on it!", "Will do!", "I'll have an answer to you by *this date*". Basically, she was saying that a little communication is better than no communication. Even if I did not have an immediate answer or if I was still working on the project.

It's getting a little old with the "We're going to improve communication/updates/progress" only to be met with silence without any small updates along the way.

A little communication is better than none.
    Edited by Suddwrath on December 3, 2018 5:49PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    Hi @ZOS_RobGarrett ,

I have been wondering this as well.

It seems that we receive several "We'll improve communication/updates" but then we're met with silence for extended periods of time.

My director had a similar conversation with me about "email etiquette". There were times she would ask me a question or send me a list of things to do, and (me being the person I am) would immediately start working on those things or at least begin devising a plan. However, I wasn't keeping her up to date with my progress. Then she had a conversation with me about how sometimes all she even wants is for me to say "Working on it!", "Will do!", "I'll have an answer to you by *this date*". Basically, she was saying that a little communication is better than no communication. Even if I did not have an immediate answer or if I was still working on the project.

It's getting a little old with the "We're going to improve communication/updates/progress" only to be met with silence without any small updates along the way.

A little communication is better than none.

That's boss speak for, "I want to take you to my massive bed and roll around in the throw pillows and you can let yourself out in the morning but HR will have a conniption if I'm caught with an employee under my watch..."
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_RobGarrett ,

I am not expecting anything more on this until they are almost ready to load it up on PTS for Update 21 after the first of the year.

(Edit: No matter how much they want to share, my guess is that everything they want to say has to be run up the management chain, where it is edited at each level and passed up until it gets to Firor, who edits it again, then passes it back down. By the time it finally arrives back at Garrett's desk, which could takes weeks or months, all that will be left is "I just wanted to give you a heads up about Update 21 combat changes. Please see the PTS patch notes that were published last week.") :smile:

Edited by Elsonso on December 3, 2018 11:11PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

That's boss speak for, "I want to take you to my massive bed and roll around in the throw pillows and you can let yourself out in the morning but HR will have a conniption if I'm caught with an employee under my watch..."

Oh my
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I wanted to take moment to share some info about how we’re approaching Combat updates in U21.

As you all know, ESO is a massive game with a lot of moving parts. For years the team has been aggressively adding and tweaking various components of combat in an effort to create a great experience for players of all varieties. Every game update includes a series of balance changes, and we regularly introduce new features such as the Skills Advisor and Warden class. A tremendous amount of effort goes into delivering these updates and, while we do sometimes stumble along the way, we’re pretty proud of what the team has accomplished.

In recent months, however, we’ve recognized that we’ve been so focused on “the next update” that we haven’t had much time to consider and flesh out what the next year+ of combat updates should look like. We often see posts on the forums requesting further context on balance changes, and asking how they fit into a larger plan and vision for combat. While we do have a backlog of improvements identified for the game, it’s clear we could do a better job of answering those kinds of inquiries, both for the player community and ourselves.

To that effect, the team is currently investing a portion of its time into codifying our vision and long-term strategy for combat. This is not a trivial task because, as mentioned before, the game is huge and there’s a lot to cover with combat. As such, we’re pulling back on the volume of combat balance changes being introduced in U21 compared to previous updates. Currently our planned changes for the update include:
    • New item sets for our Q1 2019 DLC
    • Redesigns for several PvP item sets that are currently rarely used
    • A balance pass on racial passive abilities
    • A small number of other balance changes, many of which are wrapping up efforts the team took on in U20
    • An assortment of bug fixes

We’re currently in the process of sharing the details of these changes with the Class Reps to get feedback ahead of PTS, which won’t start until the new year. However, we wanted to give you a heads up now so the smaller list of changes doesn’t come as a surprise when the PTS1 patch notes drop. In time we’ll also want to share more about the vision and strategy that will drive future combat updates. To be clear, this is simply a momentary deceleration of changes while we evaluate the state of combat and determine how to proceed. We are nowhere near done updating and improving the game.

I’m guessing many of you will be interested to know more about the racial balance changes. While we aren’t ready to share specific details yet, here’s a peek at the goals driving the team’s effort:
    • When selecting a race, players should have multiple effective options for any given gameplay role.
    • The combat power provided by each race should be more equalized.
    • Players should feel a stronger sense of power progression through racial passives as they level up.
    • The unique feeling and flavor each race provides should be retained and enhanced where possible, and remain faithful to established lore.

That's all for now. Feedback, as always, is welcome.

Though I'm more the "stay with the established race archetypes" guy, I could accept a homogenization if you could bring back the old early beta race ultis as a simple skill:

Of course there are some skills with a higher power level than others (breton, orc, maybe Nord), but those are not substantially more powerful than, say, Elusive Mist (which is a simple skill and not an Ultimate), and all would add to diversity.
    Edited by Thraben on December 4, 2018 2:31PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    maciopa wrote: »
    It would also make it feel more like the race is proficient with that weapon or armor skill type.

Bretons light armor
    Orc heavy armor
    Redguard/imperial sword and board
    Argonian resto
    Dunmer dual weild
    Nord 2h
    Altmer destro
    Bosmer bow
    Khajit medium armor

I do not know what I do wrong (or you do wrong) but I do not find those armour/weapon skill lines useful at all as all my lvl 50 chars got all their skill lines maxed before even hitting 50... Yeah - those could help a bit while leveling but honestly - I haven't noticed my my leveling up pace disturbed by different race to class combo - and I already have 16 slots filled with different combos (yes I am an altoholic).
    So in short words - instead of having those (above mentioned skill lines) I would rather have something more useful (like haste, magicka or stamina bonuses).

Honestly i see both of your comments disheartening. Doing what either of you suggests just forces people to have to play certain races, yes forces (If you want to play magicka to the best of your ability you are forced to play High elf, dark elf and Breton) We dont need more of this we need less of this. I suggest going back to Elder scrolls origins where you pick a race and put in your OWN stats from the get go, what you choose later IN game affects your character. There are Khajit magic user npcs for example all over the place; yet, almost nobody uses them as playable characters because of how their racial passives are set up. Let people choose their races and set up their classes the way they see fit. If Racial passives stay they should be harmless passives like the argonian swim, or wood elf fall damage.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm not on here a ton. The comment to change the proficiency would actually increase the the use of different races in builds. If you think about the current state of things, Argonians are the master tank race and redguards the master stam race (for pve at least). Magicka races seem to be more balanced depending on the class you play.

Adding to proficiency could break the "master race" for each class. It would give additional options for builds and could even lead to unique build styles. Take tanks for example, now you could look at argonian, imperial, redguard, or orc. Each race would bring a unique style and set of skills. You may even be able to get a cool and unique khajiit, medium armor, tank build, with brass fortress. A bosmer bow, Nord 2 hander, light armor breton, or destro wielding Altmer all make sense when you think about the lore and race. How many Nord or bosmer stam dps builds do you see in pve content? Not many, but proficiency changes would give you viable end game builds with these races.

The Elder Scrolls have always been about character customization and I think this helps with it. I'm more of a theory crafter than min/max guy, although I do have a few min/max characters for trials, and I see changes like these giving us more play style options.
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭

How many Nord or bosmer stam dps builds do you see in pve content? Not many, but proficiency changes would give you viable end game builds with these races.

I know alot of people that play a bosmer stam blade. It is a good set up.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of observations:

Redguards should be stronger for tanking. In an MMO, one just assumes that a race of stolid melee warriors would make good tanks. What's more, they used to be. Indeed, when the game was young, I made a Redguard DK as my future tank. But in the interim, regeneration has been downgraded as a useful stat for tanks. Oops.

Bretons could also stand to be a little stronger at magicka DPS. It's OK that there are classes for which elves are better. But Bretons are BiS for nothing -- not even healing, due to the strength of Argonians. Alternatively, their pathetically weak spell resistance passive could be buffed to something significant, even if it will never approach the 50% magicka damage reduction of the old Morrowind, and we could make build trade-offs from there. ... Well, actually, having spell resistance without accompanying physical resistance is a little hard to work with, given the way other things in this game go; they almost always are matched together, except in racial passives, a light armor passive, and champion points.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett , about the rarely used PvP sets, Would be glad to see some imperial city sets revamped too.

Especially the black rose, which used to be the backbone of heavy armor stam Dks, but was double nerfed because of indirect morrowind nerfs to constution passive.

Would be nice to have it at least viable once more. And there are many other IC sets that just aren't worth using anymore.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 6, 2018 5:46PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett , about the rarely used PvP sets, Would be glad to see some imperial city sets revamped too.

Especially the black rose, which used to be the backbone of heavy armor stam Dks, but was double nerfed because of indirect morrowind nerfs to constution passive.

Would be nice to have it at least viable once more. And there are many other IC sets that just aren't worth using anymore.
    It was nerfed directly in 2.7.5:
    This item set now increases the Magicka or Stamina restored by the Constitution passive by 35%, down from 40%.
    Developer Comments: Black Rose was too powerful with how much more resources it gave to the Constitution passive. Reducing this bonus slightly keeps the set viable, and balances it better against other Heavy Armor options.

So, first set bonus was nerfed and then armor bonus that was buffed by set - Constitution, was nerfed. Those 5% hurts. If Constitution was nerfed why not give back 5% to keep it on pre-constitution nerf level.
    Edited by Cinbri on December 7, 2018 8:25AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

It was nerfed directly in 2.7.5:
    This item set now increases the Magicka or Stamina restored by the Constitution passive by 35%, down from 40%.
    Developer Comments: Black Rose was too powerful with how much more resources it gave to the Constitution passive. Reducing this bonus slightly keeps the set viable, and balances it better against other Heavy Armor options.

So, first set bonus was nerfed and then armor bonus that was buffed by set - Constitution, was nerfed. Those 5% hurts. If Constitution was nerfed why not give back 5% to keep it on pre-constitution nerf level.

I think the set should just be reworked to be a stamina version of bloodthorn set, which has a 5th piece that is superior to blackrose by the way. They could even make it medium armor, I would be fine with it. I need a set that gives me both mag and stam regen, and shacklebreaker isn't really cutting it. MagDks do have the option of bloodthorn, however stam is stuck with the blackrose, which is , as you said, double nerfed.

Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 7, 2018 8:41AM
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this nerfs sustain anymore then Stamsorc will effectively be crippled and forced to reroll to nightblade and switch all the gear over. To those of you that say well Stamsorc sucks anyway, well they already nerfed Magsorc. So stop screwing with Sorc both directly and indirectly. What will then happen is more people will choose Nightblade, then the bottom 90% of ignorant players again will whine there are too many nightblades which will result in more perpetual nerfing.

Being mindful of the repercussions of yet another update, and hopefully avoid sweeping nerfs yet again would certainly be quite novel.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I envision the future for passives is that perhaps each class can morph passives to play a role however in keeping races somewhat diversified

Ex for a Redguard and High Elf

With the Redguard I should have options in the first slot where I can choose between 10% max stamina or 4% max magicka or 8% max Health while the High Elf can choose between 12% max magicka or 4% max stamina or 4% health depending on the role they want to play. This still makes High Elf then goto option for a magicka character but allows for people to play other roles. They won't be the best in those other roles but you allow for build options.

(So as a Redguard this would allow me to play as a magicka warden while utilizing my passives but not making me more powerful than a true magicka user). Yukendens are known for magicka summoning bound swords so magicka is in their blood as alot of them were mystics as well as Swordsmen.

My dream is to be able to switch between magicka, stam and health builds on the same character because really all I want to do is collect everything and complete everything on my Redguard Warden but I also want to be more than just DPS in trials.

I hope you do keep to lore.
    Remember Redguards can use magicka ;)
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    What I envision the future for passives is that perhaps each class can morph passives to play a role however in keeping races somewhat diversified

With the Redguard I should have options in the first slot where I can choose between 10% max stamina or 4% max magicka or 8% max Health while the High Elf can choose between 12% max magicka or 4% max stamina or 4% health depending on the role they want to play. This still makes High Elf then goto option for a magicka character but allows for people to play other roles. They won't be the best in those other roles but you allow for build options.

(So as a Redguard this would allow me to play as a magicka warden while utilizing my passives but not making me more powerful than a true magicka user). Yukendens are known for magicka summoning bound swords so magicka is in their blood as alot of them were mystics as well as Swordsmen.

My dream is to be able to switch between magicka, stam and health builds on the same character because really all I want to do is collect everything and complete everything on my Redguard Warden but I also want to be more than just DPS in trials.

Piggybacking off my original post, I decided to share some ideas for what I think good class balancing would be

Redguard
    10% Stamina, 4% Magicka, 8% Health (with 3 points)

Wood Elf
    12% Stamina, 6% Magicka, 4% Health (with 3 points)

High Elf
    12% Magicka, 6% Stamina, 4% Health (with 3 points)

Imperial
    8% Magicka, 8% Stamina, 8% Health (with 3 points)

Orc
    8% Stamina, 6% Magicka, 10% Health (with 3 points)

Dark Elf
    10% Stamina, 10% Magicka, 4% Health (with 3 points)

Khajiit
    12% Stamina, 4% Magicka, 6% Health (with 3 points)

Argonian
    8% Magicka, 6% Stamina, 10% Health (with 3 points)

Breton
    12% Magicka, 10% Stamina, 2% Health (with 3 points)

Nord
    10% Stamina, 4% Health, 6% Magicka (with 3 points)

• Kitty_Quietly
    Kitty_Quietly
    ✭✭✭

Piggybacking off my original post, I decided to share some ideas for what I think good class balancing would be

Redguard

Wood Elf

High Elf

Imperial

Orc

Dark Elf

Khajiit

Argonian

Breton

Nord

Interesting. Does this mean we would give up the other stat bonuses though? I mean dark elf is cool because you get stam and magic. Plus you get stam and health on Imperial. If we only get one, that would be kind of a understandable, but still disappointing.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Fix the bugs, THEN change the combat once bugs are fixed? Sounds good.
    Kanar wrote: »
    Chufu wrote: »

ORCS ORCS ORCS ORCS ORCS!

The new master race for everything, okay? Tank, Heal, DD no problem. B)<3

Melee heals receive +4% healing.

Damn straight... about time my magDK orc became meta. :D

Well there are really not many bugs except lags and long loading screens.

in Combat bug not letting players mount will hopefully fix soon.

Just let people mount in combat and be done with it.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I expect is nerf.

NERF SCROLLS ONLINE.

I really love this game but the way their nerfing us is so troublesome.
  • grizzly375
    grizzly375
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea when we might get more ACTUAL information on the planned race changes?
  • GreatGildersleeve
    GreatGildersleeve
    ✭✭✭✭
    grizzly375 wrote: »
    Any idea when we might get more ACTUAL information on the planned race changes?

The day it hits PTS most likely.

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @grizzly375 @GreatGildersleeve The Class Rep Meeting Notes state after the new year, but before PTS. Those came out a couple days ago.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/449203/class-reps-update-meeting-notes-dec-7/p1
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Redguard

Wood Elf

High Elf

Imperial

Orc

Dark Elf

Khajiit

Argonian

Breton

Nord

Interesting. Does this mean we would give up the other stat bonuses though? I mean dark elf is cool because you get stam and magic. Plus you get stam and health on Imperial. If we only get one, that would be kind of a understandable, but still disappointing.

I don't think this will happen. Doesn't match lore or match previous elder scroll games.

What will happen is each race will get roles selected for their dominant identity and then given the alternative stat that best matches their racial lore. For example, Breton could get some max health and a buff to their max mag so their aren't useless for stam toons if you stat swap around while being more potent for DD roles/healers.

Then they could add racial ultimates to offer side roles without harming balance. Like bretons could get a shield+dmg increase buff which could help a tank get extra mitigation outside of raw stats or a healer to protect themselves while adding to DPS or a DD looking to be both defensive/offensive.

That would be my guess based on one specific example. Lots of play with that than generic stats.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kitty_Quietly
    Kitty_Quietly
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I don't think this will happen. Doesn't match lore or match previous elder scroll games.

What will happen is each race will get roles selected for their dominant identity and then given the alternative stat that best matches their racial lore. For example, Breton could get some max health and a buff to their max mag so their aren't useless for stam toons if you stat swap around while being more potent for DD roles/healers.

Then they could add racial ultimates to offer side roles without harming balance. Like bretons could get a shield+dmg increase buff which could help a tank get extra mitigation outside of raw stats or a healer to protect themselves while adding to DPS or a DD looking to be both defensive/offensive.

That would be my guess based on one specific example. Lots of play with that than generic stats.

Yeah, I kind of figured something like that. Anything is possable and in the end it will just be fun. I would play the game even if the traits seemed off or weird, because I doubt I would notice too much anyway. I ain’t that great of player to pay much attention.

Anyway, I was just responding to the changes proposed by IronWooshu. Was just fun speculation. We can all guess stuff.

I have a feeling the real changes will be good. I am optimistic. It will be something to look forward to in the new year.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I wanted to take moment to share some info about how we’re approaching Combat updates in U21.

As you all know, ESO is a massive game with a lot of moving parts. For years the team has been aggressively adding and tweaking various components of combat in an effort to create a great experience for players of all varieties. Every game update includes a series of balance changes, and we regularly introduce new features such as the Skills Advisor and Warden class. A tremendous amount of effort goes into delivering these updates and, while we do sometimes stumble along the way, we’re pretty proud of what the team has accomplished.

In recent months, however, we’ve recognized that we’ve been so focused on “the next update” that we haven’t had much time to consider and flesh out what the next year+ of combat updates should look like. We often see posts on the forums requesting further context on balance changes, and asking how they fit into a larger plan and vision for combat. While we do have a backlog of improvements identified for the game, it’s clear we could do a better job of answering those kinds of inquiries, both for the player community and ourselves.

To that effect, the team is currently investing a portion of its time into codifying our vision and long-term strategy for combat. This is not a trivial task because, as mentioned before, the game is huge and there’s a lot to cover with combat. As such, we’re pulling back on the volume of combat balance changes being introduced in U21 compared to previous updates. Currently our planned changes for the update include:
    • New item sets for our Q1 2019 DLC
    • Redesigns for several PvP item sets that are currently rarely used
    • A balance pass on racial passive abilities
    • A small number of other balance changes, many of which are wrapping up efforts the team took on in U20
    • An assortment of bug fixes

We’re currently in the process of sharing the details of these changes with the Class Reps to get feedback ahead of PTS, which won’t start until the new year. However, we wanted to give you a heads up now so the smaller list of changes doesn’t come as a surprise when the PTS1 patch notes drop. In time we’ll also want to share more about the vision and strategy that will drive future combat updates. To be clear, this is simply a momentary deceleration of changes while we evaluate the state of combat and determine how to proceed. We are nowhere near done updating and improving the game.

I’m guessing many of you will be interested to know more about the racial balance changes. While we aren’t ready to share specific details yet, here’s a peek at the goals driving the team’s effort:
    • When selecting a race, players should have multiple effective options for any given gameplay role.
    • The combat power provided by each race should be more equalized.
    • Players should feel a stronger sense of power progression through racial passives as they level up.
    • The unique feeling and flavor each race provides should be retained and enhanced where possible, and remain faithful to established lore.

That's all for now. Feedback, as always, is welcome.

In other words, Global Nerf.
    Tell me Im Wrong.
This discussion has been closed.