Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Taonnor
Taonnor
✭✭✭✭✭
First I will apologize for my broken English. I’m not a native English people. If you do not understand some sentence, try to look into the German thread and translate it or ask me directly!

Here is the German counterpart. -> [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern

This is the general main thread who leads to other sub threads I've created. These threads are about suggestions for ESO, which I direct send to the ESO community and of course the Dev's. @ZOS_GinaBruno I hope I have sorted them correctly into the categories. Feel free to reorder them if necessary. But please keep this thread as anchor in the general forum due to its general nature.

The suggestions have been rumored in my head over the years and I have finally taken the time to write down them. I hope my work will be appreciated and the threads stay clean from insults. Also I wish in the threads a profitable discussion. And hope the dev's read the suggestions, give feedback (Or a simple “lurk”) and maybe even integrate them into the game sooner or later (I'm an optimist).

Shortly to my person as an ESO player. I am an enthusiastic Cyrodiil PvP player. That's why my suggestions will almost exclusively revolve around Cyrodiil and AvA. I founded Lux Dei at release of ESO 2014 and have been there since 2014 as guild leader. Additionally, I create Addons for ESO (Taos Group Tools) and sometimes I write larger Posts like this here :smile:. See Myth AoE Cap. I like to dive deep into the matter of ESO. Not in the sense of role play, but rather "theory crafting". As a professional software developer, I am also interested in everything that happens behind the scenes and soak it directly.

In the threads linked below, I have tried to order my suggestions logically, so there is no single huge thread that sooner or later becomes confusing. This lead thread should help to keep track and understand the "big picture" of my world of ideas. I tried to consider as many points as possible in the suggestions and also to consider side effects. It's a whole new level of consideration to me, as I'm now more in the role of a designer, rather than a software nerd who only has code and efficiency in mind. : smile: I have provided all the threads with the shortcut [TWS] (The sweeping statement), so that they are easier to recognize. If you do not understand something, please ask directly in the thread. I will try to explain it.

[TWS] Leaderboards for all things – „The magic of leaderboards“

This thread is all about the magic of the leaderboards. Over the years, I have seen it over and over again, as leaderboards trigger a fascination for a bunch of players (Me included). I would even say they are the elementary part of some games and the reason why these games are successful! For example, I believe that League of Legends would not be as successful if there were not a clever designed leaderboard system for solo / duo queue.

Leaderboards for all things – „The magic of leaderboards“

[TWS] AvA Ranks and their importance – „Fighters of Cyrodiil“

One of the largest long term motivational killers in my eyes is that the AvA Ranks in Cyrodiil does not give any real advancement in the higher levels. I've tried to solve the problem by adding "AvA-Skillpoints" that can only be assigned in specific AvA-Skilltrees. I hope that thereby a long-term motivation up to the highest AvA Ranks!

AvA Ranks and their importance – „Fighters of Cyrodiil“

[TWS] Living AvA Map – „Settlers of Cyrodiil“

Who does not like playing "Settlers of Catan"? I've think about extensive changes to the AvA Map, and I've noticed that we have almost all resources from settlers. Only sheep’s are missing! Baa! The suggestion is to change the focus of fights in Cyrodiil more resource oriented. With my system, it should also be possible to score as an "underdog" without disadvantaging a strong faction too much. Even the tiniest battles in the corner of Cyrodiil are relevant to the campaign victory.

Living AvA Map – „Settlers of Cyrodiil“

[TWS] Imperial City into Base Game – „Liberation of IC“

In my opinion Imperial City is part of the base game and should completely revised. Currently it is just a crutch and a shadow of itself. But how to finance that? Also, I have a few thoughts to that. Basically, Imperial City with its upper districts should now part of Cyrodiil and the catacombs go into new dangerous depths for groups up to 24 players! The upper districts now give AP bonus rather than Tel-Var bonus and play an important role in the "Imperial inspiration" (see Balancing in AvA – „Changes with large effect“).

Imperial City into Base Game – „Liberation of IC“

[TWS] Underdog & Campaign Loyalty – „Loyalty must be rewarded“

The underdog bonus must be revised. Also the extra victory point generation. With Living AvA Map – „Settlers of Cyrodiil“ an underdog for victory points should no longer be necessary. That's why I've thought of a greatly simplified underdog bonus that should also stimulate empty campaigns. Also, in my opinion, players who remain loyal to a faction in a campaign should be rewarded. For this I have created a system for "campaign loyalty", which does not prohibit the switching between factions in a campaign, but rewarding on the other side the campaign loyalty of a player.

Underdog & Campaign Loyalty – „Loyalty must be rewarded“

[TWS] Guilds in AvA – The heart of Cyrodiil“

Guilds are the essential part of ESO for me. They form the heart of the community. Not just in Cyrodiil. But for Cyrodiil I have also come up with a lot, which I think is painfully missing there! Keyword “Guild Mount” or “Upgrades of Keeps”! In my opinion, the guild traders should no longer be part of claiming. There should be separate guild traders at every entrance. These can be bought via Guild-Alliance Points instead of Gold.

Guilds in AvA – The heart of Cyrodiil“

[TWS] Improve Keep fights – „Dominance must be fought“

Keep fights are usually always the same. It always comes down to the one big clash in the Inner Keep. Big Zergs have a decisive advantage. I came up with a system that does not disregard small groups and opens up new tactical opportunities in big keep battles. Along with Living AvA Map – „Settlers of Cyrodiil“, there should be tons of possibilities for tactical nerds!

Improve Keep fights – „Dominance must be fought“

[TWS] Balancing in AvA – „Changes with large effect“

There are some global basic issues that keep coming up in AvA. I think we can solve it better! Here I refer to points such as "Zombie Zergs" or the "Time to Kill" or the “Emperor Buff”. For some changes, I even promise me performance improvements.

Balancing in AvA – „Changes with large effect“

[TWS] Remove the class corset – „One Tamriel 2.0; Uncage the classes!“

I find the class concept in ESO "old-fashioned". More a step backwards compared to older games like Ultima Online. I finally wish more freedom. Finally play what I want. My concept does not remove the old classes. More it creates 450 new classes with the current available skill trees! Finally totally freedom! The balancing in this system should be easier, because it will quickly emerge there, which class trees are too strong and which too weak.

Remove the class corset – „One Tamriel 2.0; Uncage the classes!“
Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Alyit
    Alyit
    Soul Shriven
    One of the best improvement threads for PvP and the AvA in general right now.

Out of all the ideas I like the PvP Ranks Change the most. Playing PvP should feel as rewarding as PvE and should give you some special benefits that are exclusive to PvP.

Cheers
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My impression is that PVP is currently in a better state than end-game raiding.

If ESO wants to make buisiness-based decisions on what to improve, then it would be end-game raiding, in efforts to satisfy current and former WOW players.

• Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!
    Guild

Addons & Guides

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

AWESOME IDEAS!!!
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AWESOME IDEAS!!!

Thanks, do you have ideas too?
    Guild

Addons & Guides

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to start by saying WELL DONE on all this writing. Must have been alot of time and efforts. This game needs folks like this to take over from where burned out players left after giving up. I sincerely hope that Zenimax will start listening someday to at least 5% of what is being discussed in forums. They did a first step by electing class representatives.

I hope that they keep going in the same way by hiring more staff members to filter all the useful information spread across the forums in the alliance war. You do deserve recognition. Much more than a simple "lurk".

This being said and as a player who has given up already, my guess would be that some marketing guy will ask a ZOS staff member to figure out a top10 in all your suggestions that would be the cheapest to implement. And they will go from there.

If they even read it. ZOS's business plan has never been about long term investments. They want direct impacts. #crownstore
    Edited by frozywozy on October 19, 2018 9:30AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    I would like to start by saying WELL DONE on all this writing. Must have been alot of time and efforts. This game needs folks like this to take over from where burned out players left after giving up. I sincerely hope that Zenimax will start listening someday to at least 5% of what is being discussed in forums. They did a first step by electing class representatives.

I hope that they keep going in the same way by hiring more staff members to filter all the useful information spread across the forums in the alliance war. You do deserve recognition. Much more than a simple "lurk".

This being said and as a player who has given up already, my guess would be that some marketing guy will ask a ZOS staff member to figure out a top10 in all your suggestions that would be the cheapest to implement. And they will go from there.

If they even read it. ZOS's business plan has never been about long term investments. They want direct impacts. #crownstore

I love ya frozn i do and i respect you majorly because of your work ethic i do. And I feel you, I do.

But I'd also like to point out that this game went from a failed project, to a successful model. A failed or successful project is not the same as a failed or successful model. Many things in life, in design, are not what they seem in process, and definitely are not what they become at equilibrium. At this point Bethesda will be recognizing the fact ESO is now a business model. The question becomes how do they maintain and expand this business model. It is easy to assert that causality is duality but its not. The Crown store injected the cash this project needed to allow it to iron out its insane failure of delivering a simple questing system to the public which caused a metric load of nubs to rage quit this game and protest across the internet. 'My friend just dissipated in front of my face'

After a 2 year hiatus for me over my health it is easy for me to come back and see: the community and user bases fingertips all over the game. And while the layout of the campaign has had very little change; In the skillsets and the fluidity of combat and the embracement of canceling and of mechanics and metas the community created during the initial 2 years are written all over the system now. Although I also see the negative things they have done like slowing down transitions between weapons, delays after rolls and various other things that are breaking the smoothness of the game. Rewarding laziness instead of skills.

Sorry I went off on a tangent. I just see a lot of the community in the games current iteration already and to suggest one might only be able to look at the crownstore to see his ideas while partially true is only one segment of the reality we are in.
    Edited by killahsin on October 19, 2018 10:40AM