Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[TWS] Imperial City into Base Game – „Liberation of IC“

Taonnor
Taonnor
✭✭✭✭✭
First I will apologize for my broken English. I’m not a native English people. If you do not understand some sentence, try to look into the German thread and translate it or ask me directly!

Here is the German counterpart. -> Imperial City in das Grundspiel – „Befreiung der Kaiserstadt“
Back to the Main Thread -> [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

When you hear the phrase "IC into the base game", the idea immediately comes up: Will Zenimax ever do that? It is a DLC and they have the legitimate right to claim money for it. But if Zenimax ever decides to "dissolve" the DLC and integrate it into the base game, then I have a suggestion that I would support as well.

Monetization

If you look at IC, you can cut it into two logical parts. Dungeons and Zones. I would prefer to divide the Imperial City integration into the base game in the same way.

The existing IC Dungeons come in a new created "Dungeon DLC". This "Dungeon DLC" is enriched with a third 4 players Instance and a 1-player Arena (In IC). These DLC components are separated from the actual AvA Map Cyrodiil. Anyone who already owns IC as a DLC will get the Dungeon DLC as a gift. Everyone else has to buy it as usual.

So in my opinion Zenimax kills two birds with one stone. The way for the Imperial City Zones to integrate is free and Zenimax gets for the old content (2 old dungeons) again fresh money.

Imperial City Zones and Catacombs into the base game

Now the way is free for my master plan. First, the extended Cyrodiil Map.

New Imperial City (Overland) Map
07_01_ImperialCityMap.png

Districts and overland of Imperial City are part of Cyrodiil

That's probably a major change. But I imagine that all overland districts of Imperial City belong to the Cyrodiil Map. Without a loading screen, directly integrated into Cyrodiil.

Imperial City remains as it is now. But there are a few subtle differences.
  • Molag Bals henchmen are expelled (they are in only in the Catacombs), so there are no monsters anymore in the Districts.
  • The conquest of the Districts has a direct impact on Cyrodiil.
  • There are no more Tel-Var Stones in the Districts (Overland), only in the Catacombs.

The conquest of the Districts works as current. Instead of Tel-Var Stone Bonuses, however, there are now faction-wide bonuses for holding the districts. The overland Districts of Imperial City are accessible via destructible bridges, so that the factions can also temporarily "secure" the city by destroying the enemy bridges. In the exemplary map above, Daggerfall is trying to gain control of all districts.

Imperial Inspiration

"Imperial Inspiration" is a new bonus granted when you hold an Imperial City District. The bonus is divided into two parts. The first bonus is directly granted and the second bonus after 15 minutes hold For Details to the second bonus see Balancing in AvA – „Changes with large effect“.

The directly granted bonus: +8% AP (So with 6 Districts maximum of +48% AP)

The Catacombs and Gated Access

The Catacombs are now behind a "gated access". You have to hold the majority of Districts to gain access to the Catacombs. You can then go straight into one of the gully in the Districts or at the faction's own entrance. The advantage of having "gated access" controlled by Districts is that they can change quite quickly and you do not necessarily have to raid a keep, which is sometimes impossible.

What if my faction does not have access?

The fractions that have no access can no longer respawn in the Catacombs at the entrance. Rezzing is still possible.

Tel-Var Stones are Catacombs only

Tel-Var Stones should become even more valuable. It must be absolutely worthwhile to collect them. My idea is to upgrade them by creating more offers for buying more coveted items at the entrance to the Catacombs. For example:
  • Exchange for golden hardeners
  • Exchange for style books
  • Exchange for Dungeon-Sets (Non DLC-Sets)
  • Exchange for Monster-Sets (Non DLC-Sets)
  • At „Anniversary Events“ of DLC’s the merchants offer the Sets from these DLC’s too

Catacombs get more „levels“

Now it's getting exciting. In the center of the Catacombs, a secret passage was discovered to further deeper levels. Even worse horrors are waiting down there. They are the heaviest enemies in Cyrodiil. Maybe even Tamriel. The deeper you go, the more Tel-Var Stones you can get. However, the opponents are very strong. It is a bit like Diablo I.
  • For deeper levels you get more Tel-Var Stones, rare drops and motifs
  • Recommended group size for the levels
    • Level 1 ends at the current Molag Bal (1-4 players)
    • Level 2 only for 4+ player groups
    • Level 3 only for 8+ player groups
    • Level 4 only for 12+ player groups
    • Level 5 only for 16+ player groups
    • Level 6 only for 20+ player groups
    • Level 7 only for 24 player groups

What do I hope for from the Imperial City changes?

I just hope that the changes in the overland zones will divide the fights into this area as well. Just holding the Districts gives exciting bonuses (See Balancing in AvA – „Changes with large effect“). As additional gimmick for all "farmboys" there are the revised Catacombs. The access is open quickly. Just take in Districts quickly and then it starts. First chase away the opponents and then maybe go with a large group of their own on Tel-Var Stones hunting. You want to collect hardeners or complete one or the other DLC set! But watch out! The deeper it goes, the harder the opponents and when the "Gated Access" again switch it could be that the opponents of the previous want revenge!

The idea of such an integrated Imperial City makes my mouth water. What do you think?
Edited by Taonnor on October 14, 2018 8:57PM
Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
Thao Annare, Nightblade