The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Warden Feedback Thread

• IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »

I'd highly prefer an enemy targetable hot/dot gapcloser moprh instead. I dislike nature's grasp a lot since its too restricting (useless in solo play) and not really worth a slot if you play in a stand-your-ground grp.

Well there are 2 morphs. An offensive gap closer makes no sense but a tether like Scourge Harvester would be nice.

The skill looks like it has good synergy with the bear ultimate but the ultimate sucks for most gameplay and you can't even target the bear or any other pets with the skill. They create a pet baased class but give the class 0 pet synergy.

The skill is great if you have slower mount speed than your group xD

I think an offensive morph makes lots of sense when thinking about nature themed abilities in the game (stranglers i.e.), especially when considering the lack of cc there could be some rly interesting options for a unique warden cc not tied to damage.

Not interested in taking anything away if a skill is enjoyed. I mean, we have 2 morphs. Nonetheless, in my personal opinion there is (almost) always something better to slot than grasp (might be related to my playstyle, solo or in non-mobile smallgrp).

Sorry let me clarify. I love the idea of an offensive morph. But a gap closer doesn't make sense on a magden when birds incentives maintaining distance.

An offensive morph would be very welcomed on my build, especially if it worked like Scourge Harvester, where you steal Health from your opponent. My biggest issue with Nature's Grasp is that you lose out on a lot of great passives if you don't use a Green Balance skill, but if you do, your damage/utility tends to fall short.

@Amdar_Godkiller has got a great point in that Warden skills are too funneled into their roles. Most other DPS skills have at least 3 purposes; damage + utility + debuff/buff. Warden skills tend to only offer 2 things at best. If my damage is good I feel I lack utility/survivability and vice versa. And while I understand that sounds like balance, it feels more like I have adequate damage but no utility/survivability and vice versa. Skills just do to little.

Small QoL changes would make the class competitive at least in PvP, like buff duration increases/resets, minor buffs/debuffs on damage skills and small damage components on some Green Balance skills.

For PvE, reducing the duration of the bear to say 5 seconds and reducing the cost to around 50 could turn it into a spammable ultimate. Obviously damage/utility of the skill would need to be buffed but it would create a very unique and interactive pet playstyle as opposed to just having the bear out and going about your rotation.

Personally, I would love if Warden's got an native increase to Shield duration for 2 seconds. It would make a big difference with the class.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Betty Netch:
    Fixed an issue where the beam visual effects would not display if you recast the ability or its morphs.
    That's too bad, I really dislike being leashed visually to a pet. A faint glow would suffice.

Feral Guardian:
    Feral Guardian: Decreased the damage done by the bear summoned from this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
    Did the full explanation of this not make the patch notes? As I was reading this I was expecting to see Feral Guardian and its morphs can now be slotted on one bar and persist through weapon swap? Also Feral Guardian would receive buffs given and received to its master. Also Feral Guardian receives its masters Impenetrable stat.

Swarm:
    Swarm: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
    Even more of a reason not to use? I'm really lost on this one. Slowest delivery, odd morphs, and now costs 30% more?

Nature's Grasp:
    Nature’s Grasp: This ability can now target your Feral Guardian and its morphs.
    I don't even now how to begin with this, how is this useful in anyway, or worth the time for the changes to be made?

Arctic Blast:
    Arctic Blast (morph): This morph now fires a projectile that stuns the target in addition to healing you. It requires an enemy target to cast the ability. This ability also no longer deals damage over time based on your maximum health.
    Take away one of the better AOE Warden Icemage abilities?

Perks:
    Less mag/stam potions, and bring your token Warden to replace part of an Ult.

I really hope someone can take the time to explain this direction.
    Thank you.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Errr seriously WTF?
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in total disgust...
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    So they're nerfing the bear by a whopping 30%!!? Not buffing winters embrace? The only bone their throwing at us is a 1% increase damage on animal companions passive and screaming cliff racer damage now scales from what ever distance away we are the nerf done to the bear alone doesn't even make up for that? Like wtf...so wardens will hit even worse than wet noodles.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, leased we got a CC. ill just put that in place of fetcher as thats not very useful as its a slow and you have to spam it to land.. however with excellent sounding changes to dodge chance fetcher may be alright.

In short im actually really happy with the changes in this patch. they've clearly nerfed the bear so wardens DPS doesn't depend on running it.

There is always more to be done though. great work i recon.
  • kerthas
    kerthas
    ✭✭✭
    Well guys, they didnt learn to read it seems, they miss that part at school.
  • Xerge
    Xerge
    ✭✭✭
    So what purpose does the bear serve if it is doing subpar DPS. A clunky execute?
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xerge wrote: »
    So what purpose does the bear serve if it is doing subpar DPS. A clunky execute?

Guess it's 3 bloodthirsty, and we create our own type of execute?
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    and still no stamina version of fetcher flies =( Stam wardens still stuck with cutting dive and subterranean assault to be their only damaging abilities...

I don't think the change to bird of prey was a good change. Now, wardens only gain the minor berserk effect of it, when they double bar it or lose it on their second bar. I hope ZOS reverts this latest change of bird of prey.
    Edited by Vizikul on September 18, 2018 6:01PM
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am kind of at a complete and total loss here, what is a reason to play this class? Any reason? It seems like its main selling point is pretty severely gutted now, when the class felt in dire needs of buffing and gets nerfs instead or changes no one asked for or cared about.. Is there anything at all they excel at? I'm not trolling or exaggerating to make a point, I would just genuinely like to know.
    love is love
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    Betty Netch:
    Fixed an issue where the beam visual effects would not display if you recast the ability or its morphs.
    That's too bad, I really dislike being leashed visually to a pet. A faint glow would suffice.

Feral Guardian:
    Feral Guardian: Decreased the damage done by the bear summoned from this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
    Did the full explanation of this not make the patch notes? As I was reading this I was expecting to see Feral Guardian and its morphs can now be slotted on one bar and persist through weapon swap? Also Feral Guardian would receive buffs given and received to its master. Also Feral Guardian receives its masters Impenetrable stat.

Swarm:
    Swarm: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
    Even more of a reason not to use? I'm really lost on this one. Slowest delivery, odd morphs, and now costs 30% more?

Nature's Grasp:
    Nature’s Grasp: This ability can now target your Feral Guardian and its morphs.
    I don't even now how to begin with this, how is this useful in anyway, or worth the time for the changes to be made?

Arctic Blast:
    Arctic Blast (morph): This morph now fires a projectile that stuns the target in addition to healing you. It requires an enemy target to cast the ability. This ability also no longer deals damage over time based on your maximum health.
    Take away one of the better AOE Warden Icemage abilities?

Perks:
    Less mag/stam potions, and bring your token Warden to replace part of an Ult.

I really hope someone can take the time to explain this direction.
    Thank you.

The Nature's Grasp change is money. The inability to target the bear with this was the main reason that both this skill and the bear were unusable in pvp. Now you get another useful great HOT in pvp.
  • XZS2JHub17_ESO
    XZS2JHub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Only 2? Uh... well..

1. Warden dps is complete garbage in PvE (very underwhelming, under 30k dps in endgame (both stam and magicka), compared to other classes at 40k+ dps).
    2. No ice dps, although that seems to be the most unique thing about warden is their ice abilities. Make that a dps viable skill, maybe frozen enemies explode for extra dmg when the root ends. Or they "shatter", dealing dmg in a aoe when they die while frozen, etc etc
    Edited by XZS2JHub17_ESO on September 19, 2018 12:44PM
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I dont get is whey they dont nerf stamden compared to magden? They wont gonna be equal ever if they do these. Stamden got even more buffed now. I know what to main next.

@Wolfpaw when you thrash talk about good and neutural stuff, yur opinin's value devaluates. You are so salty, you even hate little visual change.

Nature's grasp change is very good. It supposed to be there in launch. I had moments that i wanted to healmyself with vining bear.
  • BrokenGameMechanics
    BrokenGameMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    My main two grievances with Wardens are
    2) The warden as a class has just access to too many buffs and debuffs compared to other classes. Need any specific buff or debuff? Just ask your friendly Warden! I think a rebalancing of the access to the major and minor buffs of this game across all character classes is necessary.

Its hard to know for sure, but there is some background that that is exactly what was intended by ZOS as part of the design!! It is what makes a Warden a Warden. If eveyone have everything just with nothing more then a modified animation, what's the point. There is the very same issue on the Warden side, "I want the same DPS as that class". Well you want to play a DPS class, roll one of that class. You want to go into Cyrodiil and offer assist damage, maims, slows, heals, Minor Intellect, Minor Endurance, Minor Toughness, Ice Armor resistance, "group" Ultis like permafrost, etc then play a Warden.

A class should have a clear purpose and role and be able to do a good job filling that role. I don't think they've done that with Wardens (yet), and worse that the community is forcing ZOS to walk back from that. They SHOULD NOT!!
    Edited by BrokenGameMechanics on September 19, 2018 6:03PM
  • BrokenGameMechanics
    BrokenGameMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭
    angeleda wrote: »
    Played Warden since hour 1, Main magwarden and also played stamwarden...

In PvP Warden is the ONLY class without a stunn... Not a weapon skill stun, i dont want to restrict my gameplay to destro staff

Not have a good CC story is a major reason for Warden's subparness. CC dictates PVP outcomes. Clearly ZOS knows this and yet proceeded to carefully pare away (nerfing away) CC from Warden. Just as clearly, in their mind there is something else granted to Wardens that balances this out in some other way. I have not found it yet.

FWIW, I actually just gave up and run Sellistrix, reducing my low damage even further, just for the rng god occasional stun.

CC rules Cyrodill, to remove it is to cripple a class. There should be some other significant attribute to balance out the no CC class ... but where is it ... cause they think it's there.

Edited by BrokenGameMechanics on September 19, 2018 6:17PM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division

PLEASE BRING UP A REVERT TO ARTIC BLAST. Make the heal 2 people thing constant and put the stun on the other morph PLEASE

This was one of the most interesting ability in the game ZOS. PLEASEbring this up to get changed this back. Allowed for very niche but fun useful builds in PvP and allowed a tank to contribute a little damage in PvE, But more importantly it was ICE damage. That would proc chilled. Now there is less abilities to use that can cause chilled. WHICH IS A WARDEN STAPLE IT IS A PASSIVE!
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sympathetic to those who want the OG Arctic Blast back but I'm also scared that ZOS will just revert this change and let Wardens suffer another patch without a class CC. I would prefer if they left Arctic Blast alone as it is on live and make the other morph stun w/ a small frost DoT attached to it.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division

PLEASE BRING UP A REVERT TO ARTIC BLAST. Make the heal 2 people thing constant and put the stun on the other morph PLEASE

This was one of the most interesting ability in the game ZOS. PLEASEbring this up to get changed this back. Allowed for very niche but fun useful builds in PvP and allowed a tank to contribute a little damage in PvE, But more importantly it was ICE damage. That would proc chilled. Now there is less abilities to use that can cause chilled. WHICH IS A WARDEN STAPLE IT IS A PASSIVE!

You're totally cool with how Artic Blast is on Live?
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I dont get is whey they dont nerf stamden compared to magden? They wont gonna be equal ever if they do these. Stamden got even more buffed now. I know what to main next.

@Wolfpaw when you thrash talk about good and neutural stuff, yur opinin's value devaluates. You are so salty, you even hate little visual change.

Nature's grasp change is very good. It supposed to be there in launch. I had moments that i wanted to healmyself with vining bear.

This topic is [Class Rep] Warden Feedback Thread. Nobody cares what your opinion is on other players experiences, & confusion over a lack of a Developer Comment with the Warden class design this patch.

Next time, try putting your thoughts in a coherent constructive feedback or question towards the topic of the thread.

Thank you.
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    If the DOUBLE ULTIMATE SLOT Bear debuff change makes it to PvE Live then goodbye Warden Characters!!!
    ^ Remember to use it with weapon swapping it has to take up both ultimate slots so the 30% redux is actually more like 60% across both bars, at most it should be 15% in PvE and at 30% the PvP gankers will be happy with no Wardens in PvP for them complain about, mind you there will be less wardens in game by then!
    Edited by Coolio_Wolfus on September 20, 2018 4:01AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division

Yes, it's one of the best designed existing warden abilities currently on live:
    1) Enables and synergizes perfectly with a multitude of builds:
    - MagWarden Frost (PvP)
    - Healthden (PvP)
    - Warden Tank (PvP & PvE)
    2) Has unique and desirable functionality:
    - Cloak counter
    - HoT on demand (layers/combos very well with trellis)
    - Sufficient secondary damage source (50% AOE damage of Wall of Elements)
    - Chilled & Deepfreeze factory (Higher % chance to proc status effects than any other skill in the kit AOE)
    3) Adds to the non-spammy playstyle of wardens due to high cost and over time returns

Summed up, it's a skill that delivers just enough of everything (functionality, flavour, gameplay) to be very good but not too strong. The PTS version of that skill will take more away from the class than it will provide, it will break existing setups and it wont match its current quality of fitting perfectly into the Warden theme, playstyle and synergizing so well with other Warden skills. And I am saying this as someone being very desperate for a CC.

I am maining MagWarden exclusively since VVardenfell and have 2 of them maxed, both AR 33+ and more than 1k BG matches played on each. I am not into PvE, so can't provide too much intel here.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Zavijah
    Zavijah
    ✭✭✭
    Please notice that this is my first ever post., as hadn't bothered previously to activate forum access in years past but finally motivated to now I see something that angers me enough to post.

1) Arctic Blast - PLEASE keep the morph with aoe dot damage. As mentioned by others, it's how we proc Chilled. And aside from finding other ways to proc Chilled; as a Magicka tank/solo focussed character, I don't want to be penalised in the open world context for doing less damage, just for this to be shifted to a projectile from an aoe? Why would I want that? I'm less bothered at the thought of the heal component removed but I do not want a ranged projectile as a tank. I want aoe melee ranged dot because I have taken the time to gather up all mobs and slow them down in melee range for myself in open world content, or for my group in dungeons to dps down. That's what Ice does. Control. The taunt component for ice mage could be toggled to generate agro full stop based on tri stat selected on destro staff?

2) The Bear's dps nerf. The class video introduction, the artwork. Everything lends itself to the Warden having a Bear companion. I like with my other Stam Bow/Bow Warden having a companion due to class fantasy and a strong point of difference from other classes. It Should be included as a permanent staple of all Wardens, whether it's reduced to a buff bear, but reason to keep it - that's the focus. On a class already weak on dps, the biggest buff you could give is damage - but you've taken it from the one thing that's consistent and offered an across the board, overall weaker alternative. The justification of 'oh, this free's you up to use other abilities' You can't predict what people will slot, how often they'll use it, to come up with an average figure that improves of a flat ability with a flat return.

Also, what about animal skin morphs, or even different daedra appearance for pet sorc?
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFS ZoS
    Arctic Blast, really? That' not where the stun belongs. Leave Arctic Blast alone or move the it to Base morph. Really though Crystallized Slab is where it belonged. This would force the choice between Major Heroism or Stun, both very good. The instant heal morph of Embrace would also have been a good option, or Frozen Retreat

The Bear, Warden DPS is already low and you nerf its highest DPS Skill????

Swarm, this was already a blaah skill and it gets nerfed? If you want to penalize double casting, just make the damage grow, like Hurricane. Then people wont double cast it.

Falcon, wtf just buff the duration. BoP 24second with 12sec of Breserk, Deceptive 24 sec of all 3 buffs. You already buffed Deceptive to balance for the weaker (5% vs 8%) buff but now you go back to them being same again?

But hey at least there is some positives.
    - Screaming now synergies with Fissure.
    - Sorch wont be a DPS loss anymore.
    - Slotting an AC skill over a Fighters guild skill will be worth it.
    - The Netch might make it so we can afford a non Balance build. (dont think I didnt notice you slipped in another arbitrary "Fixed the graphics of this skill" note.
    - Maturation is now a true group buff.
    - #EmbracetheBear

In general it feels like rather than actually trying to balance you just through in Chaos in hopes we will complain about something new.....
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division

Yes, it's one of the best designed existing warden abilities currently on live:
    1) Enables and synergizes perfectly with a multitude of builds:
    - MagWarden Frost (PvP)
    - Healthden (PvP)
    - Warden Tank (PvP & PvE)
    2) Has unique and desirable functionality:
    - Cloak counter
    - HoT on demand (layers/combos very well with trellis)
    - Sufficient secondary damage source (50% AOE damage of Wall of Elements)
    - Chilled & Deepfreeze factory (Higher % chance to proc status effects than any other skill in the kit AOE)
    3) Adds to the non-spammy playstyle of wardens due to high cost and over time returns

Summed up, it's a skill that delivers just enough of everything (functionality, flavour, gameplay) to be very good but not too strong. The PTS version of that skill will take more away from the class than it will provide, it will break existing setups and it wont match its current quality of fitting perfectly into the Warden theme, playstyle and synergizing so well with other Warden skills. And I am saying this as someone being very desperate for a CC.

I am maining MagWarden exclusively since VVardenfell and have 2 of them maxed, both AR 33+ and more than 1k BG matches played on each. I am not into PvE, so can't provide too much intel here.

@Joy_Division Complete agree with Mojomoeyman, Arctic Blast is very good. If ZoS wants to change it, move the DoT to the Base morph so that Polar can take advantage it. Then Arctic can be a DPS skill. This is clearly the majority opinion in the Warden Class Rep Discord too.
    the Skill isnt perfect, it should be buffed to 30% max health heal total. Either 20%Instant/10%AHoT or 15%Instant/15%HoT than it would be balance with GDB, Clanfear, Cloak, Sunshield
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FFS ZoS
    Leave Arctic Blast alone or move the it to Base morph. Really though Crystallized Slab is where it belonged. This would force the choice between Major Heroism or Stun, both very good. The instant heal morph of Embrace would also have been a good option, or Frozen Retreat
    Great post, but I disagree with this part. First, this would create a situation where magwardens have to choose between CC and Major Heroism while stamwardens get both via weapon skills. Yes, destro clench exists but for frost builds this is not an option.

Also, if the Warden class is going to get 1 hard CC ability, it should be an on-demand stun, not part of a defense mechanism that requires certain conditions to trigger the CC.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    FFS ZoS
    Leave Arctic Blast alone or move the it to Base morph. Really though Crystallized Slab is where it belonged. This would force the choice between Major Heroism or Stun, both very good. The instant heal morph of Embrace would also have been a good option, or Frozen Retreat
    Great post, but I disagree with this part. First, this would create a situation where magwardens have to choose between CC and Major Heroism while stamwardens get both via weapon skills. Yes, destro clench exists but for frost builds this is not an option.

Also, if the Warden class is going to get 1 hard CC ability, it should be an on-demand stun, not part of a defense mechanism that requires certain conditions to trigger the CC.

So adjust Retreat, or give it to the Grasp, which would actually be perfect because the projectile would give it the perfect amount of counter. While leaving Embrace as the Heal
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    FFS ZoS

I agree that it shouldnt be Slab either.

I do agree with Polar getting the DoT they took away, and the New Arctic should get some form of damage as well, whether it be initial damage or damage on break free or a small DoT as well (as its single target anyway)

Retreat and Grasp are also good options.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of damage output, at least when it comes to a target dummy parse, we did acknowledge the classes are relatively close to each other

Is this supposed to be some kind of sick joke? Magdens are parsing like 15% behind all the other magicka classes on PTS.
  • Geru77
    Geru77
    ✭✭
    As has been stated by so many, make frost mage viable.

Having frost skill line, but then be forced to use flame staff for dps is really immersion breaking.
    Oh yeah and make more frost sets! I think there are about 2, compared to the dozens and dozens of flame/shock sets?... Huge imbalance is all.