The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Warden Feedback Thread

• Zach2322
    Zach2322
    ✭✭✭
    I saw somewhere in the thread about making Fletcher infection into some kind of cc ability, I can get onboard with this. Have the AOE spread morph instead of spreading at the end, make it affect 2 addition people right away and give it a fear. It would make sense for someone to become panicked and lose control while insects literally eat away at you. It also fits ZOS' approach to hard CC's not offering high damage.

The shalks, on console anyway, need to go off in the direction that you have the camera and not where your character is facing. I've heard it's like this on PC.

The bear needs some kind of cc immunity after getting cc'ed. In pvp it spends alot of time being cc'ed. Eternal guardian either needs to auto cast without the animation or give something else to the bear. As it stands, it's a worthless morph.

Cliffracer needs higher damage at like 25% but it also increases faster. Have it start increasing by 1% per meter after 3 meters. I don't really know what to suggest about the stamina morph, it does need to offer something other than just being a morph
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give us back Ice staves in a non-tanking fashion

We all had a cryomancer type of fantasy when we heard Warden was coming out and saw the cool ice shields on the trailer, but we got the exact opposite of that. They are lackluster feeling and don't feel like they have any impact stand alone in a fight.
    love is love
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Not enough passives to support werewolves :)

2. Some skills/ passives are underwhelming, because mag/stam imballance
  • SunRaider
    SunRaider
    ✭✭
    No stun , no execute
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    All those sweet changes to magicka warden.. my initial reservations in regards to pvp magicka warden not being represented by any rep are blown away.

This is not aimed to belittle @Masel92 and his efforts, I'm sure he and the others did what they could. But honestly, there couldn't be any less outcome of this program so far for magicka wardens, especially pvp.

@Masel92
    Could you give an honest reply on how you perceive ZOS thinking about those issues:
    Does ZOS refuse to spend time talking about magicka warden or are they open to give such discussions at least the same space as for other classes with back and forth debating and insights being developed?
    Do you feel they aknowledge the class having severe issues that have to be approached in timely manner?
    Are you confident that we are on the right track with the mag warden program compared to other classes and their respective issues?

Hope you find the time to answer one or two of those questions, thanks in advance.

If you read the document from the June meeting and if you read the new document coming out from our Friday meeting you will notice that we (and by we I mean I) emphasised multiple times that wardens feel left out and that they need changes. We told them specifically that it would be disappointing if nothing happens.

What the devs do with our information is not in our hands. I can understand why you were disappointed, I think the class needs a rework to become more interesting...

Thing is: the meetings were mostly us talking and them asking questions about specific things. So we don't know their stance on all issues that are out there, but we definitely emphasised more than once that classes need more unique utility.

Any chance passive changes were discussed in regards to Werewolf form?
    Thank you for the time.

• namelessperson
    1. Frost skill line: I agree with statements that Arctic Wind doesn't make sense. Make it scale off of magicka/spell damage. It just shouldnt be a heal, period. Could maybe make it into a CC. Maybe a DoT that also reduces movement speed. Or else, change Frozen Device/whatever the last skill is called so that, instead of dealing ice damage and TPing the enemy to you, it damages and does a CC.
    2. Other suggestion for CC, on the cliff racer: Instead of increased damage at long range, make it apply stun at long range, and normal/current damage regardless of range.

Honourable mentions: what everyone keeps mentioning about the bear, and/or changes to Infection.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iduyenn wrote: »

We are the only class with major heroism on demand and our healing incerases our max health, which in turn increases our werewolf healing.

Warden is highly underrated for werewolf IMO.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iduyenn wrote: »

We are the only class with major heroism on demand and our healing incerases our max health, which in turn increases our werewolf healing.

Warden is highly underrated for werewolf IMO.

Wardens just got the best werewolf heal. Which IMO, help them get out of last place for werewolf classes.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • olesmo
    olesmo
    ✭✭✭
    1. give warden a class stun, no problem to keep magicka morph of shalks as it is. but maybe change frozen gate completely, and give that ability a stun. its a fun utility skill, but pretty useless in any pvp/pve situation.
    2. give some love to frost damage, keep the tanking part of it. but maybe add a taunt to one of the breach morphs instead of heavy attacks?
    3. make nature gift passive proc when healing yourself
  • knighting68
    knighting68
    ✭✭
    1. Frost skill line: I agree with statements that Arctic Wind doesn't make sense. Make it scale off of magicka/spell damage. It just shouldnt be a heal, period.

This seems to be a common complaint, but try thinking outside the norm. I don't understand the distain for abilities scaling off of max health but it's probably because that doesn't fit the players own DPS play-style. Both Arctic Blast and Gripping Shards are two of the primary reasons that make my high health Magicka Warden Tank really fun and successful in PvE, giving the character enough damage output and healing (combined with other abilities and the right sets) to solo/duo most content and vet dungeons.

From my perspective as a hybrid tank:

1. Generally speaking, I think there needs to be an increase to Frost Damage. Perhaps change the Piercing Cold passive to increase Frost Damage by 1.5%/3% for each Winters Embrace ability slotted? That's just a thought, I have not done the math. Alternatively, at very least the Arctic Blast and Gripping Shards damage should be slightly increased to help make them more desirable to lower health magicka builds while providing high health tank builds with a bonus (since we have such low stamina & magicka).

2. Not just for the Warden, but since the Frost Staff uses magicka for blocking, we need a further reduction to blocking costs from the Ancient Knowledge passive or an increase to projectile blocking and/or bashing.

Please ZOS, keep the Arctic Wind skill line based on max health and not magicka/spell damage. Give those players asking for more DPS something else.

/cheers
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Frost skill line: I agree with statements that Arctic Wind doesn't make sense. Make it scale off of magicka/spell damage. It just shouldnt be a heal, period.

This seems to be a common complaint, but try thinking outside the norm. I don't understand the distain for abilities scaling off of max health but it's probably because that doesn't fit the players own DPS play-style. Both Arctic Blast and Gripping Shards are two of the primary reasons that make my high health Magicka Warden Tank really fun and successful in PvE, giving the character enough damage output and healing (combined with other abilities and the right sets) to solo/duo most content and vet dungeons.

1. Generally speaking, I think there needs to be an increase to Frost Damage. Perhaps change the Piercing Cold passive to increase Frost Damage by 1.5%/3% for each Winters Embrace ability slotted? That's just a thought, I have not done the math. Alternatively, at very least the Arctic Blast and Gripping Shards damage should be slightly increased to help make them more desirable to lower health magicka builds while providing high health tank builds with a bonus (since we have such low stamina & magicka).

2. Not just for the Warden, but since the Frost Staff uses magicka for blocking, we need a further reduction to blocking costs from the Ancient Knowledge passive or an increase to projectile blocking and/or bashing.

Please ZOS, keep the Arctic Wind skill line based on max health and not magicka/spell damage. Give those players asking for more DPS something else.

/cheers

The problem isn't that Arctic Wind scales on max health, its that both morphs are only for tanks, the smallest population in the game. The Fix is to move Arctic Blast to the base morph. Even at 50k this skill is only 500 DPS. Then Polar Wind would maintain its current Alley heal and give a little DPS (useful for Life and Magic Steal and Chilled Proc) Then just as with Impaling Shards, have the other morph convert into a DPS ability scaling off of Spell Damage and Max Magicka.

Also agree. Frost Staves have 3 weakness to S&B and only 1 advantage. Battle Field Mobility - 60% increased movement speed while blocking. Suggested counter - Give Frost Staves Ice Aura passive, reduced effectiveness of Snares. Deflect Bolts - 15% additional damage blocked from projectiles. Suggested counter, 15% additional damage blocked from melee attacks. A Shields worth of resistance. Suggested counter, change the Ice Staff so that you conjure an Ice Shield with said resistances.
    The one advantage is Wall of Elements proc'ing you weapon glyph with an easy 90%+ up time
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Taloros
    Taloros
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.) Ice Mage too weak
    There are no good class sets, no good ultimates, no good nothing for an ice mage specc. The skills look cool, the idea is nice - but it's just underwhelming power-wise. To make a rework easier, rethink the frost staff tanking idea - make it a damage debuff instead imho.

2.) Bear needs both ultimate slots
    The bear is a fun skill. But allow to use another ultimate in the other slot without the bear disappearing, please. The current rules allow little variety or versatility.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/cheers

The problem isn't that Arctic Wind scales on max health, its that both morphs are only for tanks, the smallest population in the game. The Fix is to move Arctic Blast to the base morph. Even at 50k this skill is only 500 DPS. Then Polar Wind would maintain its current Alley heal and give a little DPS (useful for Life and Magic Steal and Chilled Proc) Then just as with Impaling Shards, have the other morph convert into a DPS ability scaling off of Spell Damage and Max Magicka.

Also agree. Frost Staves have 3 weakness to S&B and only 1 advantage. Battle Field Mobility - 60% increased movement speed while blocking. Suggested counter - Give Frost Staves Ice Aura passive, reduced effectiveness of Snares. Deflect Bolts - 15% additional damage blocked from projectiles. Suggested counter, 15% additional damage blocked from melee attacks. A Shields worth of resistance. Suggested counter, change the Ice Staff so that you conjure an Ice Shield with said resistances.
    The one advantage is Wall of Elements proc'ing you weapon glyph with an easy 90%+ up time

Then their are two advantages, because the fact that Ice staff allows a tank to block using both resources is most definitely its primary appeal.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/cheers

Then their are two advantages, because the fact that Ice staff allows a tank to block using both resources is most definitely its primary appeal.

No thats actually its second biggest drawback. My Stamina is for 2 things only, Block and Pierce Armor. My magic is for my buffs, healing, debuffs and CC.
    Being stuck on the wrong bar because you need a skill thats on the other but cant afford to block with at resource.

The other being 2 seconds of horror waiting for a HA to charge up while watching someone die to something you could have saved them from with a taunt.

Up side is that since Tri-Focus is useless there is no problem not taking it and everything is fine.
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on August 4, 2018 12:32PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So real quick, I've played mine alot in PvP and PvE.

Ok pain points: PvE
    1. Bad DPS without bear. But bear is bad to use as a dps. The skills feel lackluster and weak, like Fletcher infection. Shalk for the minor dps increase destroys sustain.
    2. Bad sustain in PvE, all the skills are too expensive and the Betty just doesn't cut it at all.

Pain points: PvP
    1. Bad sustain here too like a magSorc without dark deal.
    2. Lack of class stun and good pressure options.

Long known bugs aswell. Necropotence doesn't increase the bears damage for some reason, (test it yourselves) just put on a same color same enchanted same weight armor piece and see the bears damage remains the same as with 5 piece necro.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to propose some changes.

1.The ice ultimate having the Magicka tied to it instead of to a passive is an even worst system than the magSorcs have. Put that in a passive and make that morph do something interesting. Like I dunno everyone in it hains minor beserk or something whatever.

2.Let the bear remain double slotted for the actual livinf pet bear. But if single slotted it becomes a single target ultimate basically it will just do the large swipe damage not actually summon the pet. a spirit bear lunges out whatever. This would give warDens strong flexibility to use sets with major slayer and the like. And allow them to slot destro ulti as well for big trash pulls, and give stamDens a choice vs dawnbreaker to use war machine, while they can on fights that dont want the physical bear this would be a good option on others the double bear would.be brought in. But the highest damage would be with the bear always being present. THIS WOULD ADD ALOT OF FLEXIBILITY!!!

3.Let some of the healing on ourself synergize with the bear. If we cast vines it should also hit the bear along with one other person. Our passive healing should affect the bear.

4.Give the morphs more than heyo it's now physical damage.

5.Reduce costs on some of the core DPS skills, and or up the return of the betties. I would suggest reducing costs. As it is the shalk is not really used as it is a slight DPS gain but a major sustain hit.

6.Fetcher just feels bad and weak, and having to recast it feels like a punishment, not fun and usable or unique. Baseline the damage and give it better morph.

7.Finally the shalk, this wouldn't really be that big of a deal in PvP but in PvE it could be. Let the shalk do either ice or posion and leave a trail of ice or poison AOE where it traverses that lingers for X seconds, this would allow leaving it for a bit longer before reuse in pve and in PvP it can just be walked out of. No snare or anything. And just in the cone it landed.

These are some of the ideas me and other friends who play warden alot have come up with.

I know these are out there some of them. But 1&2 especially should be looked at. Would really darn help the warden. Like totes alot Bro's.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also real quick the reason the warden does bad is because their burst damage from the shalk needs to be cast alot. Whereas a frag can proc and Nightblade gets multiple arrow procs from one cast. Since the shallk needs to be cast this much it is basically just another spammable. They are missing that extra skill like a MagBlade has a burst a ground dot and a single Target dot. Sorc basically the same, the magDen seems like the same but in truth it's just a costlier second spammable. Nothing that procs over time amd gets many uses just a second spammable. But it has the ground dot and the single Target dot. The bears damage when not using the actual swipe is where the missing damage is. It's why without the bear magDen is bad and with it, they are competitive. This is why shalk needs a change. But ZOS knows if it buffs damage outside of the bear ultimate, then with it the MagDen would be greatly overpowered. This is why the class needs desperately a redesign. This design has failed. Unless they are willing to make pets unkillable and not take group buffs. And makes the bear do AOE some how on it's active. All this would have to be done without imbalncing PvP aswell.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I would think ZOS wants the bear to be the central focus of the warden. So I'd suggest a few changes it would take work, but there are examples of it in game.

First and foremost. There are multiple reasons people use Pet's. To tank for them in solo gameplay and to get high DPS. So for them to tank for players they need to be killable and somehow protectable. But for them to ever be good in trials first they need to not be killable and not affect the group adversely like sharing lighting and the such. Then the morphs effects need to change.

So here are my proposals.

1.A pet cannot take damage from a Taunted enemy. If a boss is taunted by the tank it cannot damage pets. Make them immune to the AOE death mechanics aswell in trials and dungeons.
    2. Magic toons need rely and must have AOE ultimates for mob clearing. Well change the magic morph to do an AOE roar in say 8 meters. It still runs up to the enemy and does it, maybe leaving a small dot, change the upfront damage from the roar to be less than the swipe but leave a dot, a net gain in total damahe. Only the initial roar is an execute. It does the damage to the enemy and anyone else in the area. Let the stamina morph do the normal swipe damage then leave a dot aswell, perhaps a bleed.
    3. Make this taunt system only work on enemies not players. Players can of course kill the pet and such.
    4. Skip all of that and make pets work like shadowrend in pve non targetable by enemies, and then work like normal in PvP.

This would obviously have to be balanced out and yadda yadda. But if the class remains centered around the bear, then let's have to evolve to make this a true possibility.

If not a redesign is needed for warden.

@ZOS_Wrobel think about it m8
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to propose some changes.

1.The ice ultimate having the Magicka tied to it instead of to a passive is an even worst system than the magSorcs have. Put that in a passive and make that morph do something interesting. Like I dunno everyone in it hains minor beserk or something whatever.

2.Let the bear remain double slotted for the actual livinf pet bear. But if single slotted it becomes a single target ultimate basically it will just do the large swipe damage not actually summon the pet. a spirit bear lunges out whatever. This would give warDens strong flexibility to use sets with major slayer and the like. And allow them to slot destro ulti as well for big trash pulls, and give stamDens a choice vs dawnbreaker to use war machine, while they can on fights that dont want the physical bear this would be a good option on others the double bear would.be brought in. But the highest damage would be with the bear always being present. THIS WOULD ADD ALOT OF FLEXIBILITY!!!

3.Let some of the healing on ourself synergize with the bear. If we cast vines it should also hit the bear along with one other person. Our passive healing should affect the bear.

4.Give the morphs more than heyo it's now physical damage.

5.Reduce costs on some of the core DPS skills, and or up the return of the betties. I would suggest reducing costs. As it is the shalk is not really used as it is a slight DPS gain but a major sustain hit.

6.Fetcher just feels bad and weak, and having to recast it feels like a punishment, not fun and usable or unique. Baseline the damage and give it better morph.

7.Finally the shalk, this wouldn't really be that big of a deal in PvP but in PvE it could be. Let the shalk do either ice or posion and leave a trail of ice or poison AOE where it traverses that lingers for X seconds, this would allow leaving it for a bit longer before reuse in pve and in PvP it can just be walked out of. No snare or anything. And just in the cone it landed.

These are some of the ideas me and other friends who play warden alot have come up with.

I know these are out there some of them. But 1&2 especially should be looked at. Would really darn help the warden. Like totes alot Bro's.

Hmmm i wonder if the Bear ulti suggestion would be something they could actually do. Do double bar its a constant pet but single its a spirit bear as you said. i like that then the morphs can be different as well.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not give wardens minor courage?
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plaease differentiate between PVP/PVE, Roles, Playstyles and last but not least: MAGICKA or STAMINA

I love my magwarden and it`s versatility in PVP. But as already mentioned in this thread, we lack certain traits.

1. Gap Closer. We need one based on magicka. (or a hard cc + fear)
    "Why? You are ranged!". -> No, we are not (always).

The Portals are an amazing concept. But especiially in PVP they are only applyable to a very specific situation. If you cast them to fast, they dont manifest at all. This is especially bad, if server performance decreases it eve more.
    In PVE they are way underwhelming compared to chains. (Again, because the reaction time is to slow and does not anticipate for movement and the fast playstyle). It can be countered very easyly and even npc`s are not always affected by them (and just run over them, whithout activation). [-> With the swift traits, i claim, this will become even more an issue]
    Perhaps, you could make the portals not only cast-on-ground, but also cast on person/npc. And make them really instant!
    One morph would instead of porting the target to the caster, the caster port to the portal/target.
    Similar to shades or chains or mage-bolt-escape. You can think about the details of the mechanics yourself.
    I understand, that certain ppl are happy with the current state of the portals.

1. CC Immunity
    The longer i think about it: Do we have something equal to Forward momentum? We should include the CC immunity to the Netch.
    We dont have much CC/hard CC AND we lack CC break/Immunity and we dont have a real magicka gap-closer.

Either alter the cristalized shield, so it somehow helps (within reason) aginst physical dmg too. Or give us the same amount of CC immunity on netch, like all the Sword-fetishists have on their dualwield. It doesnt solve anything, because we would loose a purge...

You could change Icy Aura to a more useful passive.

Or am i missing something?

2. Hard CC. Ice staff
    Ok, we are missing a lot of cc. This especially pains, because we have Scorch (Deep fissure). Your really have to be on top of your game to hit the target with one or perhaps "the" strongest skill in our arsenal. Every player with a minimum of dodgeroll, can avoid it.
    - Give us Swarm morphs with minor defile OR fear/stun
    - Since Frost staff is "tank staff" now, you could integrate some kind of deep freeze there. As it is now, its to weak and every player can break out of it easily. Imho Frost staff abbilities should become even more about slowing and immobilize. That would fit the "tank" approach you intended for it. Right?

Ceterum censeo: Bear ultimate:
    As already mentioned. This thing needs a gap closer. When using the ultimate, there should be a guarantee, that the dmg will apply instantaniously.
    And no, this is not op, because the bear counts as two ultimates! Especiialy a Magwarden has a hard time choosing between Secluded Grove, Northern Storm (huge stat boost) OR Permafrost (cc) or even Meteor or Soul Assault or even bat-swarm.
    The bear takes all this away. It should be worth it. [/quote]

There are more things in need of discussion. But i understand, that change is a two-edged-sword.

Edit: Think about the future: With the new Balorg Set and Werewolves. The fights will get even more bursty. You definitely want minor and mayor defile up 24/7. Even with S+B you will not have enough defensive stuff to fight off the heavy bursts. 1 Dodgeroll will be the best defensive maneuvre it seems.
    Edited by Iduyenn on August 6, 2018 1:21PM
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/cheers

No thats actually its second biggest drawback. My Stamina is for 2 things only, Block and Pierce Armor. My magic is for my buffs, healing, debuffs and CC.
    Being stuck on the wrong bar because you need a skill thats on the other but cant afford to block with at resource.

The other being 2 seconds of horror waiting for a HA to charge up while watching someone die to something you could have saved them from with a taunt.

Up side is that since Tri-Focus is useless there is no problem not taking it and everything is fine.

I'm sorry but that just indicates that you don't know how to tank.

If you are using a strictly ice staff setup then you focus on maximizing your max magicka and stamina recovery. Your magicka is for blocking and your stamina is for casting abilities. If your are correctly using both then you just have added sustain.
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to post your current top two pain points with the Warden. Our new Class Representatives will be keeping a close eye on this thread, and will utilize it to gather additional feedback for the notes they’re currently compiling for their first meeting with the Dev Team next week. Please be sure and keep your post clear and succinct, and focus more on what is currently frustrating you rather than potential solutions. Thanks!

1. All the "Animal Companions" skills that deal damage are frustrating. Cliff racers the feels unresponsive. There is no immediacy to it, I hit it and wait, not sure if it even went off, waiting a good 3-5 seconds to see it impact. Shalks has a similar issue. I hit it, and wait. Between these two abilities it's frustrating just waiting to make sure they go off. The third ability is a DoT, which is fine. It highlights how frustrating the previous two skills are, because with the flies I use them once, and then they don't need to be applied again for awhile. That leaves me with two other abilities that in an entire damage skill tree that are not enjoyable.

2. The bear doesn't fit with the "Animal Companions" skills. It should be in the frost skills, changed to a different animal, or removed. All the other animals in the "Animal Companions" skills are creatures from Morrowind. The bear is not. It feels very awkward to theme a skill line around Morrowind, and then throw in a random bear. If it was a guar, nix-ox, or netch that would make sense.

There are my two, hope it helps. I would like to add that I currently bounce between WoW and ESO. I prefer almost everything in ESO more than WoW, except for the combat. Blizzard has done a great job of constantly tweaking and improving their combat and class fantasies. While I truly enjoy stories and questing in ESO, I have to go play WoW to actually have fun playing a character. If D3, or any ARPG has any lesson to teach, it's that solid, gratifying, *FUN* combat can keep a game alive, and players satisfied. I leave this game simply because the combat is so bad. You guys would kill it if you could create a truly fun combat system.
    Edited by asuitandtyb14_ESO on August 7, 2018 4:40AM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to post your current top two pain points with the Warden. Our new Class Representatives will be keeping a close eye on this thread, and will utilize it to gather additional feedback for the notes they’re currently compiling for their first meeting with the Dev Team next week. Please be sure and keep your post clear and succinct, and focus more on what is currently frustrating you rather than potential solutions. Thanks!

1. All the "Animal Companions" skills that deal damage are frustrating. Cliff racers the feels unresponsive. There is no immediacy to it, I hit it and wait, not sure if it even went off, waiting a good 3-5 seconds to see it impact. Shalks has a similar issue. I hit it, and wait. Between these two abilities it's frustrating just waiting to make sure they go off. The third ability is a DoT, which is fine. It highlights how frustrating the previous two skills are, because with the flies I use them once, and then they don't need to be applied again for awhile. That leaves me with two other abilities that in an entire damage skill tree that are not enjoyable.

2. The bear doesn't fit with the "Animal Companions" skills. It should be in the frost skills, changed to a different animal, or removed. All the other animals in the "Animal Companions" skills are creatures from Morrowind. The bear is not. It feels very awkward to theme a skill line around Morrowind, and then throw in a random bear. If it was a guar, nix-ox, or netch that would make sense.

There are my two, hope it helps.

In regards to the bear seeming out of place. That is because they changed, Cliff racer, Scorch, Swarm and Netch to be Morrowind themed animals so that it matched with the release of Vvardenfell, the bear has always been the wardens theme. Also Falcons Swiftness is Falcon wings, which isnt Morrowind themed.

If anything they should change the Morrowind animals to generic ones.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

In regards to the bear seeming out of place. That is because they changed, Cliff racer, Scorch, Swarm and Netch to be Morrowind themed animals so that it matched with the release of Vvardenfell, the bear has always been the wardens theme. Also Falcons Swiftness is Falcon wings, which isnt Morrowind themed.

I would love to be able to reskin the Cliff Racer to a Hawk and the Shalks to be Ice Wraiths (or something along those lines).
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

I would love to be able to reskin the Cliff Racer to a Hawk and the Shalks to be Ice Wraiths (or something along those lines).

They could totally introduce Zone Themed skin packs, which changes all the animal companions to those found in particular zones.
    Crow, Wolves etc
    Hawk, Senche
    Vulture, Lion.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m PvE stamDen, and these are the things I find annoying:
    1. The cast time to spawn the Bear in combat is too long.

I don’t see any other problem in PvE stamDen.

2. For magDen, I would like to see it become the Frost Mage of ESO.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Passives

Flourish
    Old: Increase your Magicka Recovery and Stamina Recovery by 12% if an Animal Companion ability is slotted
    New: Increase your Magicka Recovery, Stamina, & Health Recovery by 12%
    Explanation: Slotting an animal companion no longer necessary, Health Recovery added.

Piercing Cold
    Old: Increase your Magic and Frost Damage by 6%
    New: Light and Heavy Attacks deal 20% extra damage to targets below 25%.
    Explanation: An overall dps boost to healing, tanking, mag dps, melee dps, and WW builds. Stacks well with Atronach Butcher.

Edited by Wolfpaw on August 11, 2018 4:16PM
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    Passives

Flourish
    Old: Increase your Magicka Recovery and Stamina Recovery by 12% if an Animal Companion ability is slotted
    New: Increase your Magicka Recovery and Stamina Recovery by 12%

Piercing Cold

That piercing cold rework looks like a another nerf to magden... if that were in addition to the current passive then maybe... but it would still be a bit underwhelming
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    Passives

Flourish
    New: Increase your Magicka Recovery and Stamina Recovery by 12%

Piercing Cold

That piercing cold rework looks like a another nerf to magden... if that were in addition to the current passive then maybe... but it would still be a bit underwhelming

New: Light and Heavy Attacks deal 20% extra damage to targets below 25%, and additional 100% to Chilled targets.

100%-300%, maybe increases based on health remaining?

Edited by Wolfpaw on August 11, 2018 4:25PM