The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Warden Feedback Thread

• IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change birds to have increased damage based on range as baseline.

Stam morph would inverse the damage (closer)

Mag morph: Every second cast deals more damage

Change swarm to a utility DoT. Damage can stay the same
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to post your current top two pain points with the Warden. Our new Class Representatives will be keeping a close eye on this thread, and will utilize it to gather additional feedback for the notes they’re currently compiling for their first meeting with the Dev Team next week. Please be sure and keep your post clear and succinct, and focus more on what is currently frustrating you rather than potential solutions. Thanks!

1. Lack of stun for mag wardens. The nerf of Deep Fissure has caused a big setback here. This is by far the bigger issue. Correct me if I'm wrong but the mag warden skills have no stun abilities.
    2. The healing skills are pretty average. Healing seed instant heal requires two skill activations, which is not practical in big battles. Nature's grasp pulls you to the target, also not practical as a healing ability, people use it to move around and not for healing.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously speaking. Is ZOS happy with where wardens are. And don't want them to be good DPS. And like them in this kind of good at everything state? Like good tanks, BUT now that people have Stam chains I meaaaan they are good but what do they really REALLY do better than the other classes besides stamDK which eats it. Worst Stam DPS worst magDps without bear. But not far far behind but securely the worst with the worst sustain and an effed up rotation with shalk if you even slot it, so not worth running over other higher dps higher sustain stam/mag. And I mean good healers sure. MagPlar eats it. And they offer nothing needed DPS wise to the group so a Sorc is a better off healer since then you can drop that silly Sorc DPS for another NB.

The bear is a failure. Pets as they are will not be good. ZOS you have gated the dps of a class behind a bumbling horrible mess of a pet. And then left it there since it's inception.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some thoughts on warden that I've left some time ago:

So the warden healer is suffering from core mechanics mostly. Game is action oriented and you need fast, smart targeted heals. This what makes templar so strong in healing department. Also, warden's healing lacks identity. It's like templar, but more slow and clunky. What I suggest is add secondary effects or make him defensive\HoT based healer. We have an offensive\HoT healer which is NB (could use some love too though), so I guess it would be only fitting. Adding healing over time effects to some skills like Fungal Growth and Healing Seed should help.

For example, Healing Seed could heal over time each second when cast on the ground and when it procs, it would heal for X amount, that could be either fixed as right now, or scale up, depending on the amount of time HS was on the ground.

Also, while I like the idea of Budding Seeds, it's awfully clunky. Maybe make it follow the rules of quick casting, so it would proc the same time the spell is placed on the ground, or remove it from GCD, so people can decide when they want it to proc. This 1 second delay messes things up a bit. Now to Fungal Growth. I can't even tell you how many times this skill bugged for me. Uneven terrain literally breaks this skill. Cast on stairs? Doesn't heal. There is small stump between you and a team mate - doesn't heal. And so on. Skill should be probably wider, but with shorter reach. But tbh I would prefer the complete redesign of that skill. Considering wardens are pretty mobile, maybe changing this skill's telegraph into circular AOE would be not a bad idea.

Also, changing it into healing over time spell. Oh and the warden would be at the centre of this spell. Strenght of the spell could also scale, depending on how long the target was affected by it. This would utilise warden's mobility and make skillful play rewarding.

Nature's Grasp - what a waste of an ability. This spell is the one I really dislike. Maybe making into chain healing spell? Also, add smart-target to it. Sends a beam of healing energy to the closest hurt player, heals for X over 3 seconds (Y amount per second) and then jumps to another player for the same effect. Jumps up to 3 players.
    One morph could increase the amount of healing for each next target healed, another morph could increase total amount of targets healed to 5. After all, this is the last skill in the line and it should feel powerful enough.

Living Vines. I'm kinda ok with that spell, but it still somewhat lacking.

Passives. They are between ok and meh.
    Nature's Gift could restore resources to you AND your target. Same cooldown rules apply.

Emerald Moss is meh. Right now wardens don't even use anough skills on the same bar to justify this passive. Should either scale differently or have a completely different effect. Maybe add stacks to the target. Each stack could increase the healing effects by 2%, up to 5 stacks. Again, this would reward players that follow their targets and not just cast whatever healing spell and run away. Or stacks could add some beneficial effects like increased spell\phys resistance.

Maturation - I mean, warhorn is at 90%+ uptime in most groups I've seen. Maybe add something interesting instead? After all, this is the last passive. Each healing spell has a X% chance to place a healing seed inside of friendly player for next 4 seconds. If a player's health falls below 20% during that time, he is healed by an X amount instead. Or maybe this passive could add something else.

Edited by Anhedonie on September 5, 2018 11:02AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

So the warden healer is suffering from core mechanics mostly. Game is action oriented and you need fast, smart targeted heals. This what makes templar so strong in healing department. Also, warden's healing lacks identity. It's like templar, but more slow and clunky. What I suggest is add secondary effects or make him defensive\HoT based healer. We have an offensive\HoT healer which is NB (could use some love too though), so I guess it would be only fitting. Adding healing over time effects to some skills like Fungal Growth and Healing Seed should help.

For example, Healing Seed could heal over time each second when cast on the ground and when it procs, it would heal for X amount, that could be either fixed as right now, or scale up, depending on the amount of time HS was on the ground.

Also, while I like the idea of Budding Seeds, it's awfully clunky. Maybe make it follow the rules of quick casting, so it would proc the same time the spell is placed on the ground, or remove it from GCD, so people can decide when they want it to proc. This 1 second delay messes things up a bit. Now to Fungal Growth. I can't even tell you how many times this skill bugged for me. Uneven terrain literally breaks this skill. Cast on stairs? Doesn't heal. There is small stump between you and a team mate - doesn't heal. And so on. Skill should be probably wider, but with shorter reach. But tbh I would prefer the complete redesign of that skill. Considering wardens are pretty mobile, maybe changing this skill's telegraph into circular AOE would be not a bad idea.

Also, changing it into healing over time spell. Oh and the warden would be at the centre of this spell. Strenght of the spell could also scale, depending on how long the target was affected by it. This would utilise warden's mobility and make skillful play rewarding.

Nature's Grasp - what a waste of an ability. This spell is the one I really dislike. Maybe making into chain healing spell? Also, add smart-target to it. Sends a beam of healing energy to the closest hurt player, heals for X over 3 seconds (Y amount per second) and then jumps to another player for the same effect. Jumps up to 3 players.
    One morph could increase the amount of healing for each next target healed, another morph could increase total amount of targets healed to 5. After all, this is the last skill in the line and it should feel powerful enough.

Nature's Gift could restore resources to you AND your target. Same cooldown rules apply.

Emerald Moss is meh. Right now wardens don't even use anough skills on the same bar to justify this passive. Should either scale differently or have a completely different effect. Maybe add stacks to the target. Each stack could increase the healing effects by 2%, up to 5 stacks. Again, this would reward players that follow their targets and not just cast whatever healing spell and run away. Or stacks could add some beneficial effects like increased spell\phys resistance.

Maturation - I mean, warhorn is at 90%+ uptime in most groups I've seen. Maybe add something interesting instead? After all, this is the last passive. Each healing spell has a X% chance to place a healing seed inside of friendly player for next 4 seconds. If a player's health falls below 20% during that time, he is healed by an X amount instead. Or maybe this passive could add something else.

A big problem of Green Balance for me is the lack of value the skills have. The need to refresh so many HoTs is annoying and while the heals themselves are strong, the magden kit lacks so much of everything that a pure healing skill isn't worth it.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least one morph of embrace needs to remain an ally targeted gap closer... its a fun and unique effect that has incredible value in pvp
    Edited by _Ahala_ on September 5, 2018 5:34PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    Change birds to have increased damage based on range as baseline.

Stam morph would inverse the damage (closer)

Mag morph: Every second cast deals more damage

Change swarm to a utility DoT. Damage can stay the same
    I'd be happy if the birds lost extra damage based on distance travelled, and gained another effect instead. The range incentive just doesn't work at all with the rest of Warden's kit (Deep Fissure's range in particular) and only rewards those who spam birds from the back of a zerg. I can't see it being useful in end game PvE either.
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭
    birds:

-make screaming cliffracer deal ice damage and name it arctic cliffracer or arctic dive
    -make cutting dive deal physical damage and make it deal a small bleed dot every time cutting crits

beetles:

-make beetles + morphs less clunky, maybe rework the animation
    -make deep fissure deal frost damage and let it deal extra damage on chilled enemys / remove the spell pen debuff
    -make subterean assault deal physical damage and poison damage overtime /remove the physical pen debuff

fetcher:

-fetcher infection (mag motph); let it deal increased damage the lower the enemys health is/ similar to poison injection
    -growing swarm (stam morph); deals poison damage (dot) and reduces the enemys physical and spell pen (*a better idea is lower on this page for that one)

bear:

-eternal guardian; make it deal frost damage with its attacks and make its activate ability a frost cloak aoe dot that the bear carries whit him for some seconds; maybe call it northern predator or something that fits
    -stam morph (forgott name); deals physical damage and its activate adds a gapcloser to its execute attack that deals extra damage based on the distance traveled (should be dodgeable and blockable )

just some brainstorming on the animal companion skills

p.s. make the bear actually smart and usefull and maybe do the same to sorc pets :o
    Edited by werzui on September 5, 2018 9:37PM
    ! . . .
    I once dreamed to be a powerful Cryomancer, then i woke up and a bear was licking my face ...
    "WTB Cryomancy, a Spellsword, intelligent Pets maybe?!"
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    werzui wrote: »
    birds:

-make screaming cliffracer deal ice damage and name it arctic cliffracer or arctic dive
    -make cutting dive deal physical damage and make it deal a small bleed dot every time cutting crits

beetles:

-make deep fissure deal frost damage and let it deal extra damage on chilled enemys / remove the spell pen debuff
    -make subterean assault deal physical damage and poison damage overtime /remove the physical pen debuff

fetcher:

-fetcher infection (mag motph); let it deal increased damage the lower the enemys health is/ similar to poison injection
    -growing swarm (stam morph); deals poison damage (dot) and reduces the enemys physical and spell pen

bear:

-eternal guardian; make it deal frost damage with its attacks and make its activate ability a frost cloak aoe dot that the bear carries whit him for some seconds; maybe call it northern predator or something that fits
    -stam morph (forgott name); deals physical damage and its activate adds a gapcloser to its execute attack that deals extra damage based on the distance traveled (should be dodgeable and blockable )

p.s. make the bear actually smart and usefull and maybe do the same to sorc pets :o

All of this sounds good except for the removing of breach from magden toolkit entirely (8% damage on unshielded targets)
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    birds:

beetles:

fetcher:

-growing swarm (stam morph); deals poison damage (dot) and reduces the enemys physical and spell pen

bear:

All of this sounds good except for the removing of breach from magden toolkit entirely (8% damage on unshielded targets)

there was another idea that i had that would add breach to arctic blast to its cc function but i was mainly thinking of adding more frost skills to warden and deep fissure would deal more damage on chilled enemys with the changes i had in mind
    ! . . .
    I once dreamed to be a powerful Cryomancer, then i woke up and a bear was licking my face ...
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭
    for the cc on arctic blast;

-first base morph: deals frostdamage to enemys arround you and heals you for X% of your max. health and heals + damages every 2 seconds /damage scales off max. health
    -the first morph (forgott name): adds the heal to up to 2 allys
    -arctic blast morph: when activated it freezes up to 3 enemys arround you and deals not too much frostdamage every 2 seconds, it debuffs enemys that are hit with the initial tick with major breach, the freeze cant be dodged or blocked but to freeze enemys they need to be in close range , similar to fear or fosilize (the damage scales off of max. magicka)
    # the AoE of the base skill + morphs is 10m radius

for the growing swarm (stam morph), i also had another idea that fits more with its name;

it deals poison damage over time to the enemy hit and to enemys arround the initial target + debuff the initial target with the physical pen debuff/ the AoE area increases over time whenever you crit with the dot to a set maximum of course :*

p.s. maybe there can only be one growing swarm active at a time o:)
    Edited by werzui on September 5, 2018 9:03PM
    ! . . .
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    birds:

beetles:

fetcher:

bear:

there was another idea that i had that would add breach to arctic blast to its cc function but i was mainly thinking of adding more frost skills to warden and deep fissure would deal more damage on chilled enemys with the changes i had in mind

Adding breach and a cc to blast would be a lifesaver for magden... I really would like a ranged cc but I guess that blast as a melee stun would be fine if a morph of gate was also reworked into an effective non pulling stun trap
    Edited by _Ahala_ on September 5, 2018 9:00PM
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living Vines: make one of its morph a selfish heal rather than targeting yourself or the lowest health ally who is in range. Warden has a ton of group healing abilities as it is, in large group play with Living Trellis (example) it’s down to luck whether it procs on you or the closest person to you who’s health happens to be lower.
    Edited by supaskrub on September 6, 2018 12:10PM
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    So many people talked about DPS aspect, I want to talk about frost staff back bar tanking. First of all I love it more than a classic DK tank as it is simply more fun to play but can be quite punishing for the team. They need some stuff like engulfing flames and immortal ulti in DKs. Their burst healing is also not as good tho I know they can heal teammates better than any DK. I would love to see a kind of debuff for frost staff and the mobility of s+b, maybe we can tie that to class passives. I dont know. I just love seeing a frost oriented class skill line which is the winters embrace to synergize with frost staff naturally.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this here, but more bear skins would be sick. I'm willing the pay the premium price for more diversity in them.
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Not enough crowd control options for both stamina and magicka warden.
    2) Buff durations of falcon's swiftness and vines are too short
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please for the love of god, gives us a stun
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nature grasp is the best non-ultimate ability a warden can have. If they touch that, i'm leaving.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • kerthas
    kerthas
    ✭✭✭
    Leeching vines is the strongest healing spell non ultimate existing on this game, it gives somthing between 1000-3000 heal per sec if you crit (for the 3000 ofc, and without any debuff, so why am i saying this), and minor lifesteal on evey1 in the range, its just insane.

Nature-grasp i cant be less agree with Skander, its the mobility spell in group of the warden, no idea why any1 would want to touch it.

the healing power of a warden is really strong, the only thing why its not better than a templar (in pvp) is because the warden got no purge (dont start with bluebelly i swear to god), and no major protection on his healing ult like the templar.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kerthas wrote: »
    Leeching vines is the strongest healing spell non ultimate existing on this game, it gives somthing between 1000-3000 heal per sec if you crit (for the 3000 ofc, and without any debuff, so why am i saying this), and minor lifesteal on evey1 in the range, its just insane.

Nature-grasp i cant be less agree with Skander, its the mobility spell in group of the warden, no idea why any1 would want to touch it.

the healing power of a warden is really strong, the only thing why its not better than a templar (in pvp) is because the warden got no purge (dont start with bluebelly i swear to god), and no major protection on his healing ult like the templar.

Templar beats Warden because it is simply easier. Warden has a better potential but it requires players to be more reactive. Trees is very similar to Remembrance, but the difference is that you need to aim it and I believe the AoE is smaller. Their heals are mostly HoTs and Growth is weaker than BoL because Warden has access to such strong HoTs. BUT it all requires constant upkeep to be effective.

This also translates into poor offensive performance. Warden healing is more proactive while magplar is very passive. It is much easier to stay on the offensive as a magplar than a magden. Drop purify and BoL as needed. However a magden needs to juggle buffs every 10 seconds to stay effective; you need to refresh Vines and Falcon all while maintaining pressure because the spammable is so weak in a 1v1. Sure they have a burst heal but using Growth requires sacrificing a significant portion of offence or the defensive healing is just subpar.

The HoTs duration needs to become longer or a some Green Balance skills need to provide some form of offensive benefit or additional form of mitigation.

Warden damage is adequate, although birds requires some QoL changes. PS4 has people using Master's Clench as a spammable instead since it's simply better. The bar space for Magden is even worse than sorc and the skills slotted are so lacking.

The class needs QoL changes. Any major buffs would overture the class imo.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please extend the buff duration's . it sucks the fun out of combat having to constantly rebuff
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Nature grasp is the best non-ultimate ability a warden can have. If they touch that, i'm leaving.

This... 100%
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    Could we please get another look at ice damage on warden in general, maybe even changing some of the animal attacks to ice...I mean magicka warden is very much underperforming(and for good awhile). I see no reason you can't break the taunt away from tri-focus and just add another passive for that, and giving you an option for dps building. You have a handful of very decent light armor ice sets like yagsamor and winterborn that get little to no real use. Sure warden is decent for any solo play and certain aspects of pvp, but its really really in troublesome the state its in for magicka pve dps. The current builds to even make it partial viable guts most if not all of its actual skills just for few weapon and pysjic options, that's pretty gimmicky and still requires you to work 3x as hard as any other magic dps to perform just ok.
    Edited by Wolf81 on September 8, 2018 7:51AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd highly prefer an enemy targetable hot/dot gapcloser moprh instead. I dislike nature's grasp a lot since its too restricting (useless in solo play) and not really worth a slot if you play in a stand-your-ground grp.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd highly prefer an enemy targetable hot/dot gapcloser moprh instead. I dislike nature's grasp a lot since its too restricting (useless in solo play) and not really worth a slot if you play in a stand-your-ground grp.

Then ask for a rework of the useless bursting vines morph of grasp that can literally never self heal into an offensive morph.... or perhaps ask that embrace changes its effect based on the target, dot when targeting enemy and hot when targeting ally... a lot of Magden mains really like the to ally gap closer... removing that effect would be another step towards total class homogenization, would take the fun out of the class for pvp group play, and would really F over Magden PvPers big time for like the 5 patch in a row
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well there are 2 morphs. An offensive gap closer makes no sense but a tether like Scourge Harvester would be nice.

The skill looks like it has good synergy with the bear ultimate but the ultimate sucks for most gameplay and you can't even target the bear or any other pets with the skill. They create a pet baased class but give the class 0 pet synergy.

The skill is great if you have slower mount speed than your group xD
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »

Well there are 2 morphs. An offensive gap closer makes no sense but a tether like Scourge Harvester would be nice.

The skill looks like it has good synergy with the bear ultimate but the ultimate sucks for most gameplay and you can't even target the bear or any other pets with the skill. They create a pet baased class but give the class 0 pet synergy.

The skill is great if you have slower mount speed than your group xD

I think an offensive morph makes lots of sense when thinking about nature themed abilities in the game (stranglers i.e.), especially when considering the lack of cc there could be some rly interesting options for a unique warden cc not tied to damage.

Not interested in taking anything away if a skill is enjoyed. I mean, we have 2 morphs. Nonetheless, in my personal opinion there is (almost) always something better to slot than grasp (might be related to my playstyle, solo or in non-mobile smallgrp).
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Why not give wardens minor courage?

yes because they obviously need access to every named buff/debuff in this game right?

Eh, to be serious I don't think that would solve anything.

DPS wardens don't have a single buff in their kit. They need to attach some of those buffs to the class' DPS skills.

This is the biggest issue with the class currently for both PVP and PVE. Too many single use skills: dps skills that don't provide buffs or heal, or buffs that don't heal or do damage, or heals that don't buff or deal damage. The only skills that do multiple functions are lotus and the winter's embrace heal.

Meanwhile, NB Incap still:

1. Stuns
    2. Deals massive amounts of damage
    3. Buffs damage
    4. Defiles the target
    5. Increases crit chance by over 1000 (major savagery plus 400 for slotting)
    6. Costs very little

And suprise attack:

1. stuns
    2. applies major fracture
    3. Cost next to nothing
    4. Grants major and minor ward
    5. Increases max health just for slotting
    6. Has no cast time

SIphoning strikes:

1. Causes you light attacks to return stamina
    2. And also health
    3. slotting it buffs your healing by more than slotting green balance skills
    4. Slotting it also buffs your max magicka
    5. You get 4K stamina when the skill completes
    6. Generates ultimate

Siphoning strikes is really the model you should be looking at, as it's essentially the important aspects of netch and lotus combined into one. Granted it doesn't give you major brutality or savagery, but in PVE these buffs are unnecessary because of weapon power pots and in pvp NBs already have class access to brutality and will usually use potions or the fighter's guild skill to get savagery.

• Astralura
    Astralura
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not very good at analysing the details of the build, I follow build guides and get help from my guild mates for optimisation. But I have two points of feedback, even if its not specific pain points:

1. I would like to actually be able to do well as a stam warden in pve. I am tired of being abused by other players for being a '*** dps' when the reality is no matter how optimised my equipment and build is, I'm still just barely getting acceptable dps.

2. I love my Warden, they're my main and I would to neglect them because I'm not able to get anywhere with them. After hearing about how well they supposedly do in pvp, I've actually been tempted to rebuild for it. But I don't want to do that because I love them the way they are.
    My current characters:

Yatul Gor-Umog ~ Orsimer ~ Warden ~ Stamina DPS ~ CP 277
    Nerura ~ Dunmer ~ Nightblade ~ Magicka DPS ~ lvl 37
  • L3GTPro
    L3GTPro
    Soul Shriven
    So I've played ESO from launch on console, and I've recently switched to PC. I've played exclusively warden since switching (from levels 1- CP 160) and I've found some things that could be changed. Before getting into this, I should note that I'm solely focusing on DPS Mag - Warden on this post.

Most of the high burst damage takes to long to cast. Deep Fissure takes 3 seconds to actually use to ability after casting - and in an MMO, 3 seconds can mean life or death, especially in vMA, Trials, or Dungeons. The same goes for both of the Dive ability morphs. The animation takes to long for it to be viable DPS. Sorcs have crystal frag proc, nightblades have generally fast animations, Temps have biting jabs that continuously deal damage, and DKs have a whip that is faster. Warden's abilities are to slow for a viable DPS class. Sorcs, NBs, and DKs have the ability to pull much faster DPS for this reason. If you look at the Wardens DPS abilities, most of them are AOE or Health/Shield. Our only single target damage abilities are: Dive, and Swarm.

These factors alone KILL the DPS for Wardens. Thanks for your time, L3.
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    1). Give wardens back a stun, I think the only one that's left is Northern Storm which is an ultimate just to stun?

2). Wardens need more group buffs, if wardens are supposed to be the Scottie Pippen's of eso then where's our group buffs at?

3). We need more variety in our own class line for dealing damage outside of animal companions, more damage skills from winters embrace would be great or some better changes from animal companions.