The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Warden Feedback Thread

• MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    In terms of damage output, at least when it comes to a target dummy parse, we did acknowledge the classes are relatively close to each other

Is this supposed to be some kind of sick joke? Magdens are parsing like 15% behind all the other magicka classes on PTS.

I know right?
    But apparently that's ok....lol
    Truth is reps don't play magden at all, they do hear the community so they come up with ideas which unfortunately are not viable because....well, because if they'd play magden theyd knew how bad those ideas were.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually agree with the reps ideas put the stun on polar winds.. and leave arctic blast or raise its dot a bit..

Why not just add stuns to all the flies skills and their morphs.. would make those skills far more useful.
    Edited by DanteYoda on September 29, 2018 1:01AM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    I actually agree with the reps ideas put the stun on polar winds.. and leave arctic blast or raise its dot a bit..

Why not just add stuns to all the flies skills and their morphs.. would make those skills far more useful.

Move Live's Blast to Base.
    Then Polar will have the weak damage attached and be the tank morph
    Then the New Blast will have the stun, and Scale with Max Mag and Spell damage, say a 4/5k pulse every 2 seconds.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Move Live's Blast to Base.
    Then Polar will have the weak damage attached and be the tank morph
    Then the New Blast will have the stun, and Scale with Max Mag and Spell damage, say a 4/5k pulse every 2 seconds.

This right here... do this zos and everyone will be happy
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swarm needs to be buffed. To me the look of this ability is an iconic warden/druid looking spell. This would help Magdens a lot while not increasing stamden damage any more than it is. Remove the double cast to get more damage and like many of us have told them, add an effect like poison arrow that ramps up damage on health loss. They could even tack an initial stun on there. Instead they increase cost SMH..

The other morph needs to be an immediate AOE DOT and not another damn delayed BS ability they like to drag warden down with.

Give the bear back it's damn damage too while they're at it or make him single barred ultimate.
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Zardayne

Not enough of us warden try hards are asking for the bear to maintain dmg and like I've said in other threads, I wouldn't care if they nerfed the bear dmg 15% to start with since they did add in buffs to other skills. I don't think they ever knew how much dmg the bear does and how dps dependent wardens are on the bear specifically magdens. If the warden community was as large as the sorcs or nightblades we'd get special privileges too. Since we're a minority, our requests fall short on their priority list.
    Edited by MooseKnuckles88 on September 29, 2018 9:17PM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Zardayne

Not enough of us warden try hards are asking for the bear to maintain dmg and like I've said in other threads, I wouldn't care if they nerfed the bear dmg 15% to start with since they did add in buffs to other skills. I don't think they ever knew how much dmg the bear does and how dps dependent wardens are on the bear specifically magdens. If the warden community was as large as the sorcs or nightblades we'd get special privileges too. Since we're a minority, our requests fall short on their priority list.

Agreed Look how many dev responses Wardens have received compared to sorc feedback.. Feels like we as wardens are completely ignored, even the rep was pretty much told no by that write up of ginas...
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hack someones stuff and whine and cry enough and ZOS will cave for us as well, just like they have for the shields! Such a "your grounded! no dinner and go to your room!.....nah wait, you can out and play after all" sort of reaction really leaves a bad taste for ANY decisions they make. Hasn't gone live yet so we shall see but yea, if enough Warden's shook the trees who knows what could fall out? ;) Speak loud people!!!!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zardayne

Agreed Look how many dev responses Wardens have received compared to sorc feedback.. Feels like we as wardens are completely ignored, even the rep was pretty much told no by that write up of ginas...

The worst part is we paid for this class. This is just bad customer service.
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll a NB, DK or Plar.
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone hopeful they'll do anything with Eternal Guardian since that morph is pretty much meaningless with the unkillable pets coming in Murkmire pve?
    Edited by MooseKnuckles88 on October 3, 2018 6:27PM
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are crippling PvP Magden by conforming it to arbitrary rule sets for the 5th patch in a row without any regard for the balance and enjoyment of the class... They stated that they understood that the Magden was feeling neglected 2 and 1 pts cycles ago and yet they still insist on shattering the femurs of every Magden main with the nerf hammer every chance they get... This patch we got shield nerfs, a bear damage nerf, a cost increase on a dot that we had to cast twice to get the effect, a cool new overpriced Arctic blast stun with no mag scaling ice damage, and a dead and rotting Bird of Prey... This is getting rediculous... Why are they so out of touch with Magden when it comes to their balance decisions?

If they had even the slightest consideration for their Magden community they would have made Fetcher Infection into a dot execute, added a good ice dot to Arctic Blast comparable to that on flame clench, and raised the duration of buffs such as living trellis, nature’s embrace, and bird of prey (notice they did the opposite on this last one lol)
    Edited by _Ahala_ on October 3, 2018 6:36PM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone hopeful they'll do anything with Eternal Guardian since that morph is pretty much meaningless with the unkillable pets coming in Murkmire pve?

No, Wrobel stated that because it can still die in PvP, Overland, and Maelstrom, that it still has a purpose
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭

No, Wrobel stated that because it can still die in PvP, Overland, and Maelstrom, that it still has a purpose

Lol. Not only is the bear's damage nerfed by 30% the magdens bear morph is also useless, what a joke...

The cast time for calling back a dead bear is too long and more than likely you'd be dead in pvp or maelstrom anyway

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. Not only is the bear's damage nerfed by 30% the magdens bear morph is also useless, what a joke...

The cast time for calling back a dead bear is too long and more than likely you'd be dead in pvp or maelstrom anyway

Hey I wasn't agreeing with Wrobel, just passing on the disturbing gossip :shrug:
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on October 3, 2018 9:39PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey I wasn't agreeing with Wrobel, just passing on the disturbing gossip :shrug:

Oh, I knew you were just passing info along. I'm kinda just annoyed with the perceived favoritism ZoS has for some classes.
    Edited by MooseKnuckles88 on October 3, 2018 10:10PM
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭

the warden class rep must stop this madness. i'm not fond of insulting developers, but this is clueless as ***. the morph was already useless even the bear could actually die.... now i don't even the words to describe it
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »

the warden class rep must stop this madness. i'm not fond of insulting developers, but this is clueless as ***. the morph was already useless even the bear could actually die.... now i don't even the words to describe it

For the most part I have felt the Reps are on top of the information. The one exception is that only 1 rep understood how completely wrong the Arctic Blast change is.

Arctic Blast is the better morph, and the whole thing could be fixed by moving the current Blast to base, so that Polar inherits the weak DoT. Then making the New Blast scale on max mag like Winter's. This would mean it was a Stun, Heal, and some damage in one skill.

Sadly though, they are now getting stone walled about both Falcon and Blast even though the community has made it clear that these changers are as loved as the Shield changes. Its just to bad that we dont have the numbers. The Warden Update 20 Feedback thread has the least views, despite having more comments on it then the NB thread :persevere:
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Zavijah
    Zavijah
    ✭✭✭
    I’m disappointed that a class i’ve paid for excels as Stamina, although like all Dtamina is still too reliant on weapon skills rather than native class flavour; and that the Magicka version is about as laughable as they come.

I want to make a Frost themed character, or something that is distinctly wardenesque; but why bother when it’s not going to result in any changes?

I only just created a forum account recently to protest these changes, and I play all classes but I could see Magicka Warden was truly being impacted. I’m not going to post any further as it’s just clearly just adding to a count and a waste of my breathe.

Done.
  • SeleneXIII
    SeleneXIII
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with everyone.
    If they are going to mess with magden every patch, at least give us frost warden so we have something to play with.. SMH
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zavijah wrote: »
    I’m disappointed that a class i’ve paid for excels as Stamina, although like all Dtamina is still too reliant on weapon skills rather than native class flavour; and that the Magicka version is about as laughable as they come.

I want to make a Frost themed character, or something that is distinctly wardenesque; but why bother when it’s not going to result in any changes?

I only just created a forum account recently to protest these changes, and I play all classes but I could see Magicka Warden was truly being impacted. I’m not going to post any further as it’s just clearly just adding to a count and a waste of my breathe.

Done.

Guys...really?? Just look here. Its fine and if all goes live, which hopefully it will, Wardens will rock!! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD0Qn2edBIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T0EF5E6_3M
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »

Done.

Guys...really?? Just look here. Its fine and if all goes live, which hopefully it will, Wardens will rock!! ;)

A dummy parse is completely meaningless. Even a Cyrodiil potato can avoid that new stun. And screw anything that requires Balance to maintain.
    Also note, its still 10k behind
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on October 4, 2018 12:47AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD0Qn2edBIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T0EF5E6_3M

I'm sure its fine for the 1% yes.. What if by chance you don't use his cookie cutter rotation or even his skills.. what if you are thousands of miles from the server and cannot do trial, dungeons and pvp content to get the gear required to even be the 1%...

I guess we just give up and move on taking our money with us..
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Also note, its still 10k behind"

Behind who? If there are classes out there doing 68k...lol, then have at em. I will never ever ever see that with Aussie lag and besides the dps numbers it just looks fun...aka different. And yea, its a dummy but its what everyone goes by anyways so I ask you, what would you be happy with? Seems to me people *** for the sake of bitching and cant embrace anything positive...sad really. I don't pvp so that could be where most of the pain is coming from and that's a fair call....and I wont ever be a leaderboard chaser so yea, I am pretty much ok thus far with what "might" happen. Now the bear...yea....lame.

And ZOS reverted the shield changes (some) because they got scared,period. Sadly I don't think the Warden community is big enough to drum up such a scare...but yea, they caved.....might again if people are loud enough?
    Edited by Joxer61 on October 4, 2018 1:24AM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Im still yet to see a Non Bear parse with these pts changes.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some of us class balance is more than just dummy parses... PvP Magden is getting destroyed again this patch... for the 5th patch in a row
    Edited by _Ahala_ on October 4, 2018 1:22AM
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    And Im still yet to see a Non Bear parse with these pts changes.

That would be nice!!
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    For some of us class balance is more than just dummy parses... PvP Magden is getting destroyed again this patch... for the 5th patch in a row

Don't get me wrong...I don't like "dummy" parses for that very reason...its a dummy...standing there. But it does show potential and is handy for rotations but yea, a true test would be an actual parse from a fight.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering I'm not using the bear in pvp and vma it's time for me to change morph and go with wild guardian.
    Overall I like all the changes, I do hope they would reconsider the 30% dmg reduction to our bear as thats a bit too much, even if I see the reason why they did it.
    I'd also love if they would reconsider artic blast changes.
    I'd rather have stun+aoe dot without the healing tbh
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Also note, its still 10k behind"

Behind who? If there are classes out there doing 68k...lol, then have at em. I will never ever ever see that with Aussie lag and besides the dps numbers it just looks fun...aka different. And yea, its a dummy but its what everyone goes by anyways so I ask you, what would you be happy with? Seems to me people *** for the sake of bitching and cant embrace anything positive...sad really. I don't pvp so that could be where most of the pain is coming from and that's a fair call....and I wont ever be a leaderboard chaser so yea, I am pretty much ok thus far with what "might" happen. Now the bear...yea....lame.

And ZOS reverted the shield changes (some) because they got scared,period. Sadly I don't think the Warden community is big enough to drum up such a scare...but yea, they caved.....might again if people are loud enough?

@Joxer61
    Clearly new to the forums, as I am one who gets accused of being too positive about Wardens :unamused:
    Considering how little Warden has recieved over the year and half since launch, I doubt that even Sorc level complaining will help. Gawd knows we try though
    Considering I'm not using the bear in pvp and vma it's time for me to change morph and go with wild guardian.
    Overall I like all the changes, I do hope they would reconsider the 30% dmg reduction to our bear as thats a bit too much, even if I see the reason why they did it.
    I'd also love if they would reconsider artic blast changes.
    I'd rather have stun+aoe dot without the healing tbh

I'd rather see none of it go through than all of it.

Summary of this patch for Warden.....
    - Nerf'd the strongest DPS skill, with no compensation elsewhere so still bottom tier DPS by 10k+
    - Cheaper Shalks, more expensive Swarm.... baited trap.
    - Netch isn't enough to make Balance builds not required
    - Falcon, lost the minor buff for half a rotation, and Expedition nerf kills the already sad PvP MagDen. The skill is worthless now.
    - Blast change kills a niche good skill and replaces it with completely worthless one. Tank heal with a ridiculously easy to dodge stun and zero other value.
    - Can Heal the Bear now, to bad he is also worthless in PvP where he can still die and doesn't do any damage.
    - Advanced Species - Yay its now even with Fighters Guild, to bad the AC skills are out classed (except Shalks)

So all we got was
    - Maturation means we get a pity slot in Trials, at least its as Healer where the Warden does do well.
    - Screaming now actually synergies with the class, even if its still out classed by other spamables
    - Some visual bug fixes. Yay another Update where "The Netch's visual intensity was updated"
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on October 4, 2018 6:52PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others