The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even though it is sort of a moot point right now Darkest Requiem wasn’t really homed anywhere we mainly went between Sotha & Shor. I personally have pretty much been homed on no-cp since we came to Azura’s Star about 2 yrs ago. DR there at the end pretty much stayed on Sotha but we would go anywhere we could find a good fight.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    Even though it is sort of a moot point right now Darkest Requiem wasn’t really homed anywhere we mainly went between Sotha & Shor. I personally have pretty much been homed on no-cp since we came to Azura’s Star about 2 yrs ago. DR there at the end pretty much stayed on Sotha but we would go anywhere we could find a good fight.

I heared rumors that the Lord of the Shadows is rising once again. So it is true?

DR did an amazing job.:)
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

I heared rumors that the Lord of the Shadows is rising once again. So it is true?

Thanks! I really enjoyed my time as GM of Darkest Requiem and it was my honor to play with such good people.

Though no longer will the war drums of the Darkest Requiem will fall upon the ears of the enemies of the Pact, there is a string among the Shadows and a billowy dark figure rises.
    Edited by Dutchessx on August 8, 2018 2:14PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    It’s interesting that when DC overnights the map and poplock at 11am cst, emping at 1pm ... and AD and EP logs on to being camped at our main gates... you don’t hear a peep here in the forums, save a few cute memes and giggles.

But now that AD has any kind of presence late night, suddenly there’s salt.

You don't really hear a peep on the forums because the bulk of people that would post about it are either sleeping or working.

I've been playing DC, was playing EP and haven't played AD in maybe 6 months.

Regardless of all that, I would be wholly unaware of what transpires from about 12-1 am until the earliest 8pm. That's actually the vast majority of the time on the server, and in truth my actual block of playing time is only about 2-3 hours of the block of time I listed. Point being, that I, like many of the players on the server, only play during what people call prime time (and if your west coast it's before prime time). I'm done and getting some sleep at 9-10pm pacific time.

11am cst is experienced by very few US players. It's obviously prime time for many asians and australians/zealanders.

I would prefer the pvp servers be segregated by time zones. Pacific. west coast, east coast, Atlantic. Not saying there would be rules to enforce that, but as a suggestion that I think many would adhere to (I have no idea on what the realistic breakdown of time zones or nations playing of the EU server are, so I would not even address them).
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    It’s interesting that when DC overnights the map and poplock at 11am cst, emping at 1pm ... and AD and EP logs on to being camped at our main gates... you don’t hear a peep here in the forums, save a few cute memes and giggles.

But now that AD has any kind of presence late night, suddenly there’s salt.

You don't really hear a peep on the forums because the bulk of people that would post about it are either sleeping or working.

I've been playing DC, was playing EP and haven't played AD in maybe 6 months.

Regardless of all that, I would be wholly unaware of what transpires from about 12-1 am until the earliest 8pm. That's actually the vast majority of the time on the server, and in truth my actual block of playing time is only about 2-3 hours of the block of time I listed. Point being, that I, like many of the players on the server, only play during what people call prime time (and if your west coast it's before prime time). I'm done and getting some sleep at 9-10pm pacific time.

11am cst is experienced by very few US players. It's obviously prime time for many asians and australians/zealanders.

I would prefer the pvp servers be segregated by time zones. Pacific. west coast, east coast, Atlantic. Not saying there would be rules to enforce that, but as a suggestion that I think many would adhere to (I have no idea on what the realistic breakdown of time zones or nations playing of the EU server are, so I would not even address them).

I’m in Dallas, so CST for me. And I play from 6p-mid.

I just know from zone, that there are now more EU AD players, who play in what is our overnights.

I work 8-5, so I have no idea what goes on during working hours, save the 10 minutes I log on in the mornings on my MacBook to do writs.

I completely agree about timezoned servers. Love that idea.
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    I just can’t stand watching when ep and dc pops drop, faction stack and roll keeps, be nice if the split up some but to many Zerg surfers looking for free ap
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »

The reason you will probably see more 'salt' about AD zerging the map through the early hours than you will DC/EP is that it means AD have the population advantage for pretty much the whole day.

I think it's also because of when most people play.

It's one thing to login and be at your gates, say "ah *** THIS again" and get to playing.

It's a whole different level of frustration to be continuously overwhelmed by colossal hordes during your active playtime.

Since a lot more people play at 10PM E than at 3 AM E, that probably explains most of why people complain about the AD zerg vs the other zergs.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sotha doesn't have enough population to ever get completely pop locked (except during the Midyear Mayhem event). Even at Prime time, the majority of days, AD usually ranges between 2 bars to pop locked and DC/EP range between 1 to 3 bars. So there isn't enough population to split it up into Time Zones.

It also doesn't address the underlying problem, which is population imbalance. There are people who are quite happy when they have the numbers advantage during Prime Time and are able to take the map, yet get upset when other factions have the numbers advantage at other times of day. To me, they are both the same problem.

There are occasions outside of Prime Time when fights are arguably more balanced than during Prime Time. There are also many times outside of Prime Time when you are outnumbered 10+ to 1. And there are times when there are only 6 people on the server in total across all 3 factions. So whilst the Time Zone idea might make those who can not deal with a 24hr server happy, it will also make 5+ extremely underpopulated servers where the winning faction will still be the one with the biggest population.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sotha doesn't have enough population to ever get completely pop locked (except during the Midyear Mayhem event). Even at Prime time, the majority of days, AD usually ranges between 2 bars to pop locked and DC/EP range between 1 to 3 bars. So there isn't enough population to split it up into Time Zones.

It also doesn't address the underlying problem, which is population imbalance. There are people who are quite happy when they have the numbers advantage during Prime Time and are able to take the map, yet get upset when other factions have the numbers advantage at other times of day. To me, they are both the same problem.

There are occasions outside of Prime Time when fights are arguably more balanced than during Prime Time. There are also many times outside of Prime Time when you are outnumbered 10+ to 1. And there are times when there are only 6 people on the server in total across all 3 factions. So whilst the Time Zone idea might make those who can not deal with a 24hr server happy, it will also make 5+ extremely underpopulated servers where the winning faction will still be the one with the biggest population.

It's a debate for another thread.

But I'm wasn't talking about Sotha alone... I'm really referring to a complete change of all servers.

I would prefer a consolidation of servers and a total rule change. No CP would be gone, CP would be altered. Why are they really trying to balance 2 distinct play styles is beyond me. Just make it so either the stats bonus (health/stamina/magicka) from CP trees is granted to all level 50's as if capped in CP or eliminate it. Make the trees work...with some adjustments. A lot of the power over other players is in the stats anyways. Retune the trees and consolidate all servers (save the below 50 server) and spread out the remaining three into some sort of timezones that sort of denote "prime time" for times zones by population. Obviously not everyone will adhere to it, but if you give people an opportunity to find a server that's more to their play time they might choose to.

The current servers really don't work. Come up with something new that might get people to spread out across them. In reality I would only be talking about the 3 servers that aren't sub-50 being spread out based on actual log on times. It can't be that hard to figure out log ins for ZOS and when servers tend to be poplocked or even where people are playing from (by IP). There is certainly enough population on Vivec, Shor and Sotha to make three more balanced servers that more cater to when people actually play, there might even be enough for 4.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I'm wasn't talking about Sotha alone... I'm really referring to a complete change of all servers.

I see what you are saying, and agree with your premise, although until they solve the lag issues, I’d make it no-cp across the board. ;) However I don’t think this alone would prevent some of the issues we are talking about. Like you say, not everyone would adhere to it, so you will be left with some of the same issues as we have now (people affecting the campaign during quieter times).

The only way to enforce adherance that I can think of would be to use your system but also shut servers down for part of the day, so players are forced to move to the correct one for that time period (say 3 servers up during US Prime Time, 1 server during the early hours of the morning, and 2 servers during US daytime). Beyond Lore issues (the concept of an ongoing 24/7 War), the only issue I see with that right now is that it will disadvantage players who play for long periods of time (i.e. Instead of earning 4 million in a campaign, and being at the top of the leaderboard and getting Gold Rewards, they might only earn 2 million in one campaign, and 2 million in another, and miss out on the top tier rewards). But I’m sure a system could be worked out to compensate for that.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! I really enjoyed my time as GM of Darkest Requiem and it was my honor to play with such good people.

Though no longer will the war drums of the Darkest Requiem will fall upon the ears of the enemies of the Pact, there is a string among the Shadows and a billowy dark figure rises.

good luck - y'all will be missed!
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Typical day on Sotha....18 AD show up at Sejanus vs 3 defenders while 5 AD siege those defenders. I must say...you are very op at staying with the faction, at sieging, at sniping and at finding the most broken stuff and use it or exploit it.
    Enjoy your sunday PvDooring the map. I am going to have some fun out of the game.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vxtoq54amr3c.png
    If a dc or ep so much as looks at a resource, you can expect 5 ad minimum to zerg you down lol
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    vxtoq54amr3c.png
    If a dc or ep so much as looks at a resource, you can expect 5 ad minimum to zerg you down lol

Hey, according to most AD....it is our fault no EP or DC is good enough to win. I am not bsing you. True conversation with most AD #1-25
    Edited by edges_endgame on August 13, 2018 9:25PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vxtoq54amr3c.png

Hey, according to most AD....it is our fault no EP or DC is good enough to win. I am not bsing you. True conversation with most AD #1-25

"this is war" "everyone zergs!" etc. I used to partake in this as well before I decided that its just meh
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 13, 2018 9:37PM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vxtoq54amr3c.png

Personally i think the other factions need more players, no reason to blame AD when in truth it’s not their fault EP and DC struggle to get people on

I was the only EP player on for 3-4 hours on my day off, i transferred my gear to my main (which is AD) and went to vivec..it’s a lot better during my prime time

Sotha just needs more pop EP/DC
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    vxtoq54amr3c.png

Personally i think the other factions need more players, no reason to blame AD when in truth it’s not their fault EP and DC struggle to get people on

I was the only EP player on for 3-4 hours on my day off, i transferred my gear to my main (which is AD) and went to vivec..it’s a lot better during my prime time

There is absolutley every reason to blame AD for killing the map at most times of the day.

1. They could go to another campaign instead of PvDooring and gatecamping the 2 EP or DC trying to take at least a ressource.

2. They could swap to another faction to help balance like many other people do that including myself.

3. They could stop PvDooring when no EP/DC are on.

4. They could stop being toxic about being 10k ahead in leaderbords and if it wasn't due the low pop bonus, it would probably 30k. No EP or DC is to be blamed not wanting to play 5x the numbers they have. It is ALL on AD.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    vxtoq54amr3c.png

There is absolutley every reason to blame AD for killing the map at most times of the day.

1. They could go to another campaign instead of PvDooring and gatecamping the 2 EP or DC trying to take at least a ressource.

2. They could swap to another faction to help balance like many other people do that including myself.

3. They could stop PvDooring when no EP/DC are on.

4. They could stop being toxic about being 10k ahead in leaderbords and if it wasn't due the low pop bonus, it would probably 30k. No EP or DC is to be blamed not wanting to play 5x the numbers they have. It is ALL on AD.

So, what you’re saying (apart from two of those points being the exact same) is that AD is to blame for wanting to play on the faction they have chosen, at the time of day that they want to play...?

No mention there of certain former EP Emps that logged on at 5am and PVDoored the map, alongside 15 others, all in comms. Like they did 2 camps ago, DAILY, which scored themselves a Camp victory. And for their own reasons, haven’t done that daily this month.

Correlations:

Three years ago, when Orsimium released, it was all Bretons and Orcs and “For King and Glory.” And DC owned Haderus. And Emps like Braidas, Atlas and Subtomik led DC raids that were almost unstoppable.

When Shadows released, followed by Morrowind, the Ebonheart pop skyrocketed. It was almost laughable. I even rolled an EP toon, which I later emped on. I loved it. Then I went back to AD. But the Pact saw countless campaign victories for a period of time.

Summerset released, with a focus on AD and High Elves; not everyone subbed, so being a High Elf mandated that they be AD. Is that THEIR fault?? No? Is there a correlation there with AD pop? Obviously?

And even so, now...

A certain [naming and shaming] group swept the map in early morning hours and PVDoored AD trikeeps, while AD were fighting off DC. Was that “team purple?” Obviously? Did any AD whine about that? No?

And when DC, self-described “overnight guilds” would run the map and leave AD and EP players to log onto a blue map, with people LITERALLY backed up to their main gates, unable to even get to trikeeps because of SEIGE at the gates.... did people whine? No. Were they salty? Obviously. Did they exact revenge? Of course.

Had the DC “Orc Army” played daily this month, and without all of blue logging off once one player stopped streaming, DC would have won the campaign, and we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

#1. Players can play on whatever faction they want.
    #2. We have no right to berate them for that.
    #3. Things will cycle; they always do.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on August 14, 2018 5:37PM
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset released, with a focus on AD and High Elves; not everyone subbed, so being a High Elf mandated that they be AD. Is that THEIR fault?? No? Is there a correlation there with AD pop? Obviously?

AD had a huge population influx back in January, 4 months before Summerset, and that pop hasn’t declined since. TBH I can’t say I noticed any increase in AD size due to Summerset. Although for some reason DC lost a lot of players when that Chapter was released (1 whole Guild and a portion of a second DC Guild), so it might be that if AD lost similar numbers at that time, the “Summerset effect” you are talking about might have just cancelled out any loses you saw, so wouldn't be able to be seen from the 'enemies' POV.
    Had the DC “Orc Army” played daily this month, and without all of blue logging off once one player stopped streaming, DC would have won the campaign, and we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

And had that “Orc Army” not turned up for the Midyear Mayhem event, imaging how far ahead AD would be and how dead the campaign would have been for most the past 30 days.

And to be clear, I agree with you. You can’t control which faction people play for. The game needs some form of population balance, either through in-game incentives or actual enforced balancing.

Another problem, which you yourself commented on during the influx of new AD players back in January, is the problem with Kyne. I don’t know what it used to be like, but this zerg everything/gatecamp mentality seems to be prevalent there, so if that is where some players get their first experience of PVP, it is hardly surprising to see them continue it in other campaigns as they move up.

Edited by esotoon on August 14, 2018 8:06PM
  • squidprojectb14_ESO

AD had a huge population influx back in January, 4 months before Summerset, and that pop hasn’t declined since. TBH I can’t say I noticed any increase in AD size due to Summerset. Although for some reason DC lost a lot of players when that Chapter was released (1 whole Guild and a portion of a second DC Guild), so it might be that if AD lost similar numbers at that time, the “Summerset effect” you are talking about might have just cancelled out any loses you saw, so wouldn't be able to be seen from the 'enemies' POV.

And had that “Orc Army” not turned up for the Midyear Mayhem event, imaging how far ahead AD would be and how dead the campaign would have been for most the past 30 days.

And to be clear, I agree with you. You can’t control which faction people play for. The game needs some form of population balance, either through in-game incentives or actual enforced balancing.

Another problem, which you yourself commented on during the influx of new AD players back in January, is the problem with Kyne. I don’t know what it used to be like, but this zerg everything/gatecamp mentality seems to be prevalent there, so if that is where some players get their first experience of PVP, it is hardly surprising to see them continue it in other campaigns as they move up.

I'm with you man i main ad but it's been boring af for at least six months now. I don't understand why people think it's fun to keep steamrolling an empty map when you can just create a character on a different faction.
    --Ral (SquidProject)

Pls. no Swareing GM (RIP--there was too much swareing)

AD: Ralastor, Magblade; Squid Pro Quo; Stamsorc
    EP: High Blood Sugar; Stamsorc
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with you man i main ad but it's been boring af for at least six months now. I don't understand why people think it's fun to keep steamrolling an empty map when you can just create a character on a different faction.
    I do agree, main reason i made an EP alt..however it has like half the skill points as my main and I’m sure as hell not gonna grind those again just to balance a campaign and I’m sure others agree..

The lack of skill points is what keeps me from staying EP, now if they allowed my main to switch alliances I’d be all for that..i wouldn’t spend irl money to do it though

Not everyone enjoys grinding the same content so don’t get upset when they don’t make an alt just to balance something out
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #3. Things will cycle; they always do.

It's true, but it's never quick enough.

People forget that a good active map with 3 factions fighting each other is a hell of a lot more fun than one emp ring blob responding to resources flipping. It's also a whole lot more AP for everyone involved.

Generally, the balance gets out of whack when 1 or 2 organized groups from a faction get tired of 50 guys steamrolling the map and go elsewhere.

Personally I think the issue is compounded on No-CP because 6 scrolls and emp bonus make a big difference (at least a more noticeable difference) and once a "respond to everything" emp ring force with those advantages gets rolling... it's mostly a waste of time trying to reverse it.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking with some AD around the midyear mayhem was kinda surreal. They felt justified in their overpopulation because it was needed to crush that Fengrush zerg. Even when DC was at like 3 bars against their poplock, even with the Orc Army being really just a loosely-led zerg... they felt like the victims. It was kind of unbelievable tbh.

Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    >2018
    >people still arguing on the forums about one sided maps

Never change Sotha Sil.
    Edited by Sylphie on August 16, 2018 1:28PM
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    >2018
    >people still arguing on the forums about one sided maps

Never change Sotha Sil.

Please change, Sotha Sil. AD, some of you roll characters on other factions and see what it's like to have good fights available all evening and not just until you scare the other factions away with sheer numbers. TM will return soon to help, and not on team yellow...
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What never changes is people. People say they want “good fights”, but what they really want is to win. Any player that stays on a clearly lopsided server like this to 15v2 anyone that dares attack a resource doesn’t want a good fight, they want a guaranteed victory. I was in the same situation years ago when there were multiple low pop servers that each served as a buff server to a particular alliance (I think Haderus was the DC buff server). I was terrible at PvP, so I joined the emp group and helped zerg down the small EP group that had the cojones to fight there. It was fun for me because it was the first time I experienced consistent victory, but it was rarely challenging. Hopefully, the AD on Sotha will realize this and do what I did, which was move on once they develop some competence.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    What never changes is people. People say they want “good fights”, but what they really want is to win. Any player that stays on a clearly lopsided server like this to 15v2 anyone that dares attack a resource doesn’t want a good fight, they want a guaranteed victory. I was in the same situation years ago when there were multiple low pop servers that each served as a buff server to a particular alliance (I think Haderus was the DC buff server). I was terrible at PvP, so I joined the emp group and helped zerg down the small EP group that had the cojones to fight there. It was fun for me because it was the first time I experienced consistent victory, but it was rarely challenging. Hopefully, the AD on Sotha will realize this and do what I did, which was move on once they develop some competence.

Haderus was AD & Chilrend was DC buff servers, I was one of the people you probably zerged down. Haderus was my home & Chilrend was my guest. In my house I have a memorial to both biff servers. I “grew up” game wise there. I stayed because I didn’t believe I should be told or expected to play on the EP buff server. I wanted pvp where I could learn to play the game even if it meant dieing over & over again. People say this game is meant to be large scale pvp which ok I am cool with that. Back in the days of buff servers majority of the time it wasn’t 50+ that came to kill us on 1 resource like it is on Sotha. The AD or whatever faction that seems to want to stack at the moment, imho needs to break up and find some fights on their own somewhere else on the map. I am not saying do away with large scale battles they can be fun even for a solo player or a small scaler. But zerging down a group of people not even a quarter of your numbers can’t be fun. You also don’t learn to play the game like that and your AP gains must be small. All it does is make Sotha or whatever server unplayable for the other factions and then you end up with a dead server & we all know what tends to happen to dead servers.
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haderus was AD & Chilrend was DC buff servers, I was one of the people you probably zerged down. Haderus was my home & Chilrend was my guest. In my house I have a memorial to both biff servers. I “grew up” game wise there. I stayed because I didn’t believe I should be told or expected to play on the EP buff server. I wanted pvp where I could learn to play the game even if it meant dieing over & over again. People say this game is meant to be large scale pvp which ok I am cool with that. Back in the days of buff servers majority of the time it wasn’t 50+ that came to kill us on 1 resource like it is on Sotha. The AD or whatever faction that seems to want to stack at the moment, imho needs to break up and find some fights on their own somewhere else on the map. I am not saying do away with large scale battles they can be fun even for a solo player or a small scaler. But zerging down a group of people not even a quarter of your numbers can’t be fun. You also don’t learn to play the game like that and your AP gains must be small. All it does is make Sotha or whatever server unplayable for the other factions and then you end up with a dead server & we all know what tends to happen to dead servers.

If you were part of that EP group on Chillrend that consistently stayed to fight Kamikaze’s emp group, I have nothing but respect for you. Like I said, I was absolutely terrible at all aspects of PvP, and watching that EP group improve and hold off the DC emp group (and occasionally wipe us) taught me more than zerg surfing on Wabbajack ever did. I forget the name of the EP tank, but damn did he get good. Fighting outnumbered like that is one of the best ways to really learn how to PvP in my opinion, and the few DC and EP that stick it out on Sotha will probably be among the elite PvPers in the future.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

If you were part of that EP group on Chillrend that consistently stayed to fight Kamikaze’s emp group, I have nothing but respect for you. Like I said, I was absolutely terrible at all aspects of PvP, and watching that EP group improve and hold off the DC emp group (and occasionally wipe us) taught me more than zerg surfing on Wabbajack ever did. I forget the name of the EP tank, but damn did he get good. Fighting outnumbered like that is one of the best ways to really learn how to PvP in my opinion, and the few DC and EP that stick it out on Sotha will probably be among the elite PvPers in the future.

On Chillrend, I was usually solo or joined groups where people knew me and would only join up if sent an invite. Most of my time I spent on Haderus fighting AD, same scenario. Most of my friends from back then were on one or the other.
    Edited by Dutchessx on August 16, 2018 5:13PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone zergs, but AD does it a lot more and in prime time.

It’s worse than you think for the health of the game. It chokes off the flow of new pvpers. You get out of kyne, where do you go? If you have 200 cp you can’t have fun in any other campaign. And if you’re not AD, you see how it is and never come back because you get zerged so much.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”