The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever taken a level 5 keep with only 2 people? And/or taken a scroll from a temple with 2 people?

I have taken a keep a few times in no-cp with 2 people. I think the last time or at least the time that sticks out in my head was with @Machette when he was playing EP & I was on my Templar. I know I have taken a few outposts solo, but right now it is just not having the faction that owns it not bringing 30 people with them to kill just 1 or 2 players. Lol
    Edit: or it may have been when I was running on Esper (my AD Templar).
    Edited by Dutchessx on September 14, 2018 2:39PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    TM (DC version) takes on the AD and their siege.

https://youtu.be/GZTJrsoP7tc

(From last night)

Nice video. That's truly an astounding amount of siege that just lights up your screen. Good job countering with the heavy heals and mobility.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks! And yep, those are the biggest keys to surviving this nonsense siege meta.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • squidprojectb14_ESO
    I was in sotha last night for the first time in a while--been super busy with work--and the zerg larva has turned. Things have changed. It was fun times for a bit then it got tiresome.
    --Ral (SquidProject)

Pls. no Swareing GM (RIP--there was too much swareing)

AD: Ralastor, Magblade; Squid Pro Quo; Stamsorc
    EP: High Blood Sugar; Stamsorc
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Heike wrote: »
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I haven't tried it since they buffed the guards, but in CP campaigns you could easily solo a scroll temple on a bomb blade. Also solo'd Glade, but it was extremely close. I've seen a friend on a templar solo Drakelowe once too.

And yeah 2 people for scroll is enough, especially if one is a nightblade. The tanky person just runs through in a straight line getting aggro while the other picks it up.

Cool. I was curious about doing it in Sotha. And curious about builds, and completely agree about having one person be tanky. Since the guard buffs, I hardly believe anyone can solo it, but would love to hear stories (or video) of 2-man groups getting inside inner.

And more specifically, going through the FD.

I’ve only ever done a temple with 4, before a larger group shows up. And that was with little defense.

It can be done.

The real question is can it be done before defenders or attackers show up to sway or aid?

Nearly any decent regen nightblade can take out the guards and set up siege.

I did it once before guard buffs as AD. Well, technically... I was killing the last guards on back flag when reinforcements turned up. That's through front door outer and front door inner.

The key is having enough time to do it really... maybe when there are inner ring keep battles going on (over emp or whatever) that the focus on Brindle/Drakelowe/Dragonclaw is low enough to give enough time. On inner keep door you will likely have to kill respawned guards.
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    Time for another shameless self plug. Have any other magplars been loving the changes this patch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU6ED3fkLKg
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Odysseus87 wrote: »
    Time for another shameless self plug. Have any other magplars been loving the changes this patch?

You let Len die....noooo

Nice video. That nova synergy...❤
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good stuff, but one thing I don't understand... where was the siege?

It's true the AD are very susceptible to total dark though, so amazing how they continue fighting without cc breaking it. Even former emperors, players with stars in their rank .. all of them just carry that bubble to the grave. I generally run a ranged build when doing damage but it's good to see the melee stuff is working. Is Sweeps better for you now? Looked like it was doing alright.

Funny how so many magplars have the almost exactly the same resto (or sword and shield) bar: for me elusive mist, channeled focus, extended ritual, degeneration, honor the dead, and either light's champion or remembrance.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭

You let Len die....noooo

Nice video. That nova synergy...❤
    I know, I was heartbroken when she went down! We got some insane (19k!) nova ticks with 3 harmony jewelry.

Kartalin wrote: »

Good stuff, but one thing I don't understand... where was the siege?

It's true the AD are very susceptible to total dark though, so amazing how they continue fighting without cc breaking it. Even former emperors, players with stars in their rank .. all of them just carry that bubble to the grave. I generally run a ranged build when doing damage but it's good to see the melee stuff is working. Is Sweeps better for you now? Looked like it was doing alright.

Funny how so many magplars have the almost exactly the same resto (or sword and shield) bar: for me elusive mist, channeled focus, extended ritual, degeneration, honor the dead, and either light's champion or remembrance.
    Sweeps has been a whole lot better as of late, my hits are actually landing pretty consistently. Occasionally there's a de-sync where it doesn't show the ability going off, but the hits still seem to land. My backbar is as simple as it gets; I would really love to incorporate rapid regen but haven't found a skill I'm willing to give up. Also, try switching channeled focus for restoring, with the recent changes if you willing to give up a little sustain, it adds A LOT of tankyness. And as for siege.... ha, in half those videos it was set up at some point or another before or after the clip was edited.

• edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few words on the off hours on Sotha...

It is absolutely disgusting how DC stacks 6 healers plus 5 aditional earthgores on their "dps" and roll the map between 6am-2pm ish (est). You all do not understand the concept of PvP.

It is for one: PLAYERs vs PLAYERs....your group activiley avoids fighting players unless you have your 16 vs 6. That is pretty shady and even you should realize how bad this is for a campaign like Sotha.

and two: what are you all going to do with shield nerfs incoming? You have to actually learn to play then....oh my...Ooooooor you just bring in even more, like it always happens. :wink:
    Edited by edges_endgame on September 24, 2018 2:02PM
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few words on the off hours on Sotha...

It is absolutely disgusting how DC stacks 6 healers plus 5 aditional earthgores on their "dps" and roll the map between 6am-2pm ish (est). You all do not understand the concept of PvP.

It is for one: PLAYERs vs PLAYERs....your group activiley avoids fighting players unless you have your 16 vs 6. That is pretty shady and even you should realize how bad this is for a campaign like Sotha.

There's a new Australian Guild that has been learning the ropes of Sotha. Most of their players are playing in their primetime, along with some US night owls and a few Europeans. They have taken heed of what's been said to them though and are no longer taking/camping tri-keeps if scrolls are gone.

As for avoiding fights, EP has been out most nights/mornings this past week in fairly equal numbers. One night EP even had far more numbers than DC, plus the Emp and nearly all Keeps, yet the DC Guild was still there plugging away even though they only had 5 on at the time. So I am not sure exactly where these fights are that they are avoiding?

It's unfortunate that it can't be fair and equal numbers all the time, but at the same time, some players seem to have an inability to count numbers and shout 'zerg' at the drop of a hat. Prime example, a couple hours ago there was a fight at Bleakers. DC group had 8 players. EP had at least that many defending Bleaks (going by names of people killed), plus guards, plus the advantage of Coldfire being fired from above. Once DC finally took Bleaks, certain EP players started sending tells to the DC players about how terrible it was that DC were 'zerging' them. So another fight, in which EP actually had the advantage, goes down in the history books as 'DC only won because they zerged', when nothing could be further from the truth.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I was there at the fight....funny how we are blind towards numbers. I counted 15 DC and 5 EP defending. I just left before I got zerged down.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I was there at the fight....funny how we are blind towards numbers. I counted 15 DC and 5 EP defending. I just left before I got zerged down.

I dunno what to tell you. The DC group had 8. There were 8 individual EP in my kill stream alone, because when the tells started rolling in I went back to count to double check. Wish I could go back and take screen shots for you.

There are nights/days when I've been in DC Groups that have PVP Doored against next to no players and have no problem admitting that, and can understand the Zerg accusations. Just as there are nights when I've defended solo, or with one or two others against groups of EP or AD. In this instance, there was no DC zerg.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is Sotha so far for DC is that most nights up until like 11PM EDT there is no group up on the map, so even if you get one up you are greeted by 3 full bars of AD wherever you go, every single time. Seems to be about the same on EP's side of the map. The end result is EP and DC pretty much only fight each other while AD plays cards at their keeps. Oh and not to mention nobody really wants to attack AD because to do so involves sitting in all the siege in the world, surviving it to think maybe you have a chance at getting the keep and then realizing there are 3 x your numbers just sitting inside on more siege when you open the door.

Map would be livelier if DC and EP could coordinate a bit to split those AD zergs, but it seems like an impossible task. By the time more than one DC group is on to push, AD has either finally pushed to emp or is pretty much logging off for the night already.

Edited by gabriebe on September 24, 2018 5:32PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »

I dunno what to tell you. The DC group had 8. There were 8 individual EP in my kill stream alone, because when the tells started rolling in I went back to count to double check. Wish I could go back and take screen shots for you.

There are nights/days when I've been in DC Groups that have PVP Doored against next to no players and have no problem admitting that, and can understand the Zerg accusations. Just as there are nights when I've defended solo, or with one or two others against groups of EP or AD. In this instance, there was no DC zerg.

I am sure we are all very biast but I asure you....it is usually just a handfull of pugs vs an organised group of 10+ with endless earthgore procs rolling the map. Your argument is invalid. My group had 2. T W O. That doesn't mean there wasn't other EP. Same with your group.

And your trikeep argument is also invalid.

sotha.png
    car insurance for eu licence holders

Sunday morning 9am eastern time, The very same DC I saw today at the mentioned Bleakers take were there defending Farragut as if it was the last emp keep.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to laugh at the DC claims... it's so funny how an 8 man group thinks they are the only DC on the map when its 2 bars DC and far less than 1 EP and AD vs the night capper zerg. I guess blindness have become as contagious and EG and stacking half a group of healing templars with the other half sorc negates.
    Edited by Galalin on September 24, 2018 6:22PM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @edges_endgame is onto to us, fellahs. We forgot to log onto an EP toon and count defenders inside Bleaks before attacking it, to make sure we only sent equal or lesser numbers against it. Newsflash: Bleakers will always be zerged down by DC and EP because it's the divider between our home territories. If you don't like it, I'm sure Candy Crush will be more gentle on your sense of fairplay.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    @edges_endgame is onto to us, fellahs. We forgot to log onto an EP toon and count defenders inside Bleaks before attacking it, to make sure we only sent equal or lesser numbers against it. Newsflash: Bleakers will always be zerged down by DC and EP because it's the divider between our home territories. If you don't like it, I'm sure Candy Crush will be more gentle on your sense of fairplay.

I am glad you brought that game up...I doubt earthgores help on that though?
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is usually just a handfull of pugs vs an organised group of 10+ with endless earthgore procs rolling the map.

Sometime it is, yes. I never said it wasn't. But other times, especially this past week, EP has often had the numbers. It's unfortunate that, as I understand it, certain EP players refuse to pick up pugs, and there is currently a lot of infighting on the EP side that stops groups working together. But that's not the fault of DC.

Take the Nik fight today for example. We were fully expecting the same resistance at Chal that we got at Nik. Where, due to the terrain, if we were up against the same force we probably wouldn't have been able to take the Keep. But instead with the exception of a couple, none of the EP regulars were there, just some pugs. Instead Allesia was being turned red on the other side of the map. Is that DC's fault for continuing to take Chal after taking Nik, or Ep's fault for splitting their forces?

The Guild in question, the group you were complaining about, logged off before Arrius was even taken yesterday, so no, my argument isn't invalid in their case. I don't know who took the EP Tri-Keeps on that occasion. Like I said, I am not denying that DC does dumb stuff at times.

Edited by esotoon on September 24, 2018 6:31PM
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    I have to laugh at the DC claims... it's so funny how an 8 man group thinks they are the only DC on the map when its 2 bars DC and far less than 1 EP and AD vs the night capper zerg. I guess blindness have become as contagious and EG and stacking half a group of healing templars with the other half sorc negates.

Please, DC did not have 2 bars at any point during the times being talked about today.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is usually just a handfull of pugs vs an organised group of 10+ with endless earthgore procs rolling the map.

Sometime it is, yes. I never said it wasn't. But other times, especially this past week, EP has often had the numbers. It's unfortunate that, as I understand it, certain EP players refuse to pick up pugs, and there is currently a lot of infighting on the EP side that stops groups working together. But that's not the fault of DC.

Take the Nik fight today for example. We were fully expecting the same resistance at Chal that we got at Nik. Where, due to the terrain, if we were up against the same force we probably wouldn't have been able to take the Keep. But instead with the exception of a couple, none of the EP regulars were there, just some pugs. Instead Allesia was being turned red on the other side of the map. Is that DC's fault for continuing to take Chal after taking Nik, or Ep's fault for splitting their forces?

The Guild in question, the group you were complaining about, logged off before Arrius was even taken yesterday, so no, my argument isn't invalid in their case. I don't know who took the EP Tri-Keeps on that occasion. Like I said, I am not denying that DC does dumb stuff at times.

I am there. Almost every day. At the OFF hours. I have eyes. I can't post screenshots bc of the naming and shaming rule. And I am done talking to you.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newsflash: Bleakers will always be zerged down by DC and EP because it's the divider between our home territories.

It is funny how many players think Bruma, Bleaks and Dragonclaw are part of EP territory. You'd think the Mile Gates would be a big clue, but apparently not. :D But I guess maybe the same occurs with Nik/Brindle and Crops/Sej/Drake? ;)

Edited by esotoon on September 24, 2018 7:15PM
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newsflash: Bleakers will always be zerged down by DC and EP because it's the divider between our home territories.

It is funny how many players think Bruma, Bleaks and Dragonclaw are part of EP territory. You'd think the Mile Gates would be a big clue, but apparently not. :D But I guess maybe the same occurs with Nik/Brindle and Crops/Sej/Drake? ;)

Relevant or just changing the direction of conversation?
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I apologise that my friendly aside caused you such consternation. However, whilst you imply otherwise, I have full faith that the good people of Sotha are more than intelligent enough to be able to process multiple threads of conversation at the same time, and be able to continue discussing whichever topic (or topics) they desire. :)
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    why are you guys arguing? One morning the map is all blue the next red and then yellow its not just one faction zerging during the off hours this campaign its all 3
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    deleted.
    Edited by edges_endgame on September 25, 2018 11:32AM
  • squidprojectb14_ESO

I apologise that my friendly aside caused you such consternation. However, whilst you imply otherwise, I have full faith that the good people of Sotha are more than intelligent enough to be able to process multiple threads of conversation at the same time, and be able to continue discussing whichever topic (or topics) they desire. :)

Don't overestimate us :P
    Mihael wrote: »
    why are you guys arguing? One morning the map is all blue the next red and then yellow its not just one faction zerging during the off hours this campaign its all 3

They can't see zerging when it's their own side doing it.

--Ral (SquidProject)

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They can't see zerging when it's their own side doing it.

It always amazes me that a player can be surrounded by friendly players, but only see the 5 enemies that they are helping to steamroll. Combat induces tunnel vision, I guess.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been some long bruising fights with EP through the night (congrats, you were just a bit too strong for us) and equally hard fights the night/morning before against AD and their Emp, and then EP and @Dutchessx group. Good to see. :)

Edited by esotoon on September 26, 2018 2:06PM
  • squidprojectb14_ESO
    I just wish I could check the map and decide which faction to play prior to logging in
    --Ral (SquidProject)