Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    picked up 20 of the imperial rewards boxes in IC hoping to come across the two xivkyn polymorphs i haven't yet collected...

got zero polymorphs - but, did pick up a bunch of IC gear...

was looking at vicecannon:
    Vicecannon of Venom Set
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (5 items) When you deal Critical Damage to an enemy from Sneak, you inject a leeching poison that deals 13760 Poison Damage over 15 seconds to them and heals you for 100% of the damage done.

for my stamblade - and, thinking of mixing it with:
    Morag Tong Set
    (2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) When you deal direct damage, you cause the enemy to take 10% more damage from all Poison Damage abilities for 5 seconds.

he's 2H and bow, but - i really want to buff his bow a bunch (he's currently in veli/spriggan's/markman's)...i'd keep the veli on him, and, go with foul enchants on the weapons...

anyone ever mess around with a poison focused build before?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have with Vipers. Vipers / Vicecannon would be a good combo for that. Morag gets more mileage as a set from StamDK due to their breath/claw being poison.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    almost forgot to mention...was attacking the north wall of ales yesterday...

once we got in, the western postern wall had the invisible glitch going on...

I don't like it when folks enter my keep without knocking first, so, set up a couple of ballistas and went to work on taking down the wall - that wasn't even there...

it's actually pretty freaking hard to target a missing wall :#

of course by the time myself and some others got the wall down, some other allies had simply stepped through those huge openings and captured the flag...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange day in Cyro, I have had the emperor alliance buff all day even though EP didn't have emperor.
    Still had it even when Slushi lost emp and there was no emperor.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    playing hooky from work, getting a chance to play during the day (US)...

I've noticed that playing during the day on a week day is a whole lot different from prime time evenings or weekends...

I can actually see enemy attacks on my screen...last night got killed (noticed death recap abilities) by an invisible werewolf...

AD player named jtruck (?), whom - didn't really need the help...first ran into him outside of ash...you always gotta be careful when you see one or two folks being obvious about being by themselves...

there still a lot of players on the map that I know 1v1, or even 2 or 3v1 - there's little chance you can beat them unless you time or coordinate your ults...even then, that may be enough...

siege was crazy lethal, just kept hitting all at once with little visual indication...

was having fun for a while outside of nikel...kept having small groups, (8) or so, of EP and AD players trying to draw folks off behind some rocks...every once in a while one them would over commitment a little in the attempt to lure someone away, and we'd get them...

a game of cat and mouse is fun - doesn't always work out that well for the mouse though :)
    Edited by geonsocal on August 10, 2018 8:19PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh man, just died and there's not a single spot to rez to on the entire map...back to the starter gate for me :'(
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeps
    Keeps now have 2 levels per resource material instead of 5.
    Resources now have 1 level for Defensive upgrades and 1 level for Production upgrades.
    Resources will now go from level 0 to 1 in about 10 minutes.
    A Keep will now gain its levels slower from a level 0 resource, but much faster from a level 1 resource.
    Prior upgrades which were spread out across 5 levels have been compressed into 2 levels for Keeps and 1 level for Resources, but the overall strength of each upgrade at maximum level remains the same.
    Keeps once again have Degrade turned back on. However, the degrade rate is much faster; a Keep can lose a resource level in about 5 minutes instead of an hour.

Developer Comment:
    Resources and Keeps were always intended to be a symbiotic Structure, where capturing a Resource effected a Keep in a meaningful way. Resources were also meant to be the primary target for smaller groups and solo players that want to alter the course of the War. The speed which a Keep can be toppled has gotten faster and faster, resulting in Resources not living up to their desired design purpose and simply serving as beach-heads that don’t effect the Keep they’re tied to. By reintroducing degrade and condensing the levels of Keeps and Resources, we believe the war in Cyrodiil will offer more options for players in small groups or solo to contribute in a meaningful way. This returns Keeps and Resources to their intended interplay as a full entity instead of disparate beach-heads surrounding a Keep. If you want to cripple the guards at a Keep, take the Farm. If you want to make the walls weaker, take the mine. If you want the doors to drop faster, take the Lumbermill.

Drakelowe, Dragonclaw and Brindle now offer an 8% AP bonus per Keep held.
    This bonus is also noted on the Keep tooltip when you hover over it.

Keep bonuses now give increases to AP, XP, Gold, Spell Crit and Weapon Crit for every level of ownership, instead of every other bonus.

Siege
    The siege masters of Vivec and Shor have learned from their counterparts in Sotha Sil, and all siege weapons will be more effective against players in Champion enabled Campaigns.

Developer Comment:
    Siege damage over the years has tailed off in terms of raw output when comparing CP vs. No-CP campaigns. Siege in Non-CP campaigns deal damage that more closely resembles the original design and intent of Siege weaponry. The changes we’re doing to Siege damage in Champion-enabled campaigns result in closer parity between CP and Non-CP Siege damage.
    The damage effects from Scattershot, Oil Pot and Meatbag will now last 4.5 seconds instead of 8 seconds.

Siege weapon damage and effects will no longer proc item sets.

Siege Shield: This ability and its morphs now reduce the damage you take from siege attacks by 50%, originally 35%.
    Edited by geonsocal on August 13, 2018 5:18PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    found this item set update pretty interesting:

seems like a nice set to have around for different build ideas:

Swamp Raider: Redesigned the 5-piece bonus from this item set.
    OLD:
    5: When you deal damage with a Magicka ability, your Poison and Disease Damage abilities gain an additional 450 Weapon Damage for 10 seconds.
    NEW:
    5: Adds 400 Weapon Damage to your Poison and Disease Damage abilities.

i don't need much of an excuse to want to wear the affliction set :)

most other major set changes seem to be: reduced snare time, reduced defile time
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm those seem like good changes. Nice to see Cyrodiil get a little love.
    PS4NA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still have the permanent emperor buff today.
    Do the alliances other than EP have this stuck active?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, I remember you writing that a couple of days ago, and, i keep forgetting to check...
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More seige damage cause 3-5k stackable damage ticks just aren't enough. Add some more proc sets in the mix and why even bother with combat anymore. Let's just let our siege and proc sets do it all for us. Used to be such an amazing game.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just had a blast defending sejanus from the evil dominion horde...

measly 8k for like 15, maybe 20 minutes of work...I miss the double AP...my efforts actually felt somewhat rewarded there for a little while...

during the battle, whilst catapulting to my hearts desire in to a hole by the eastern postern wall - some nightblade attacked me ("the bad guy" - some of these pvp names are hilarious)...

I wasn't alone, but the son of a gun was a little too focused on killing me...hit me with crippling grasp, got me with a couple of other things - but, in my recap - hit me with a 37.4k soul assault...

ugh, they must've tab targeted me...seriously there was 2 other allies rolling around the top floor fighting with me...

37.4k...that's embarrassing - you would think I could have done a better job defending if I was afk...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 14, 2018 4:23AM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar

Dawn’s Wrath
    Radiant Destruction: Increased the maximum bonus execute damage dealt by this ability and its morph to 480% from 330%.
    Died a couple of times to the Jesus Beam last night. In an open field, trying to get out of line of sight of that puppy, or Soul Assault for that matter, is nearly impossible. So happy they're going to buff it :frowning:
    geonsocal wrote: »
    during the battle, whilst catapulting to my hearts desire in to a hole by the eastern postern wall - some nightblade attacked me ("the bad guy" - some of these pvp names are hilarious)...
    I was the EP nightblade chilling with you on top of the front door tower at Drakelowe last night while you were firing your catapault at AD defenders. Was hoping we'd have a ganker come visit us up there, but it didn't happen... :smile:

PS4NA
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD has this terrible crown named Poseidon something that constantly leads our numbers to attack blue to farm AP at Roe so that our AD folks give up defending scrolls.

It's so frustrating.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    AD has this terrible crown named Poseidon something that constantly leads our numbers to attack blue to farm AP at Roe so that our AD folks give up defending scrolls.

It's so frustrating.

You guys had control of most of the scrolls minus one DC scroll when I played yesterday, and AD was racking up the points.

Agreed, bad move.
    Edited by Hurtfan on August 14, 2018 10:01PM
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, a brief, and, maybe not so accurate depiction of alliance zone chat:

DC - very few war related "call-outs" or direction...

EP - a few folks calling out where to go, what to do...usually pretty spot on stuff...

AD - a whole bunch of different people calling out to do different things...some good, some bad...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 14, 2018 11:01PM
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, a brief, and, maybe not so accurate depiction of alliance zone chat:

DC - very few war related "call-outs" or direction...

EP - a few folks calling out where to go, what to do...usually pretty spot on stuff...

AD - a whole bunch of different people calling out to do different things...some good, some bad...

Interesting, always wondered what went on in DCs and ADs zone chat. I just assumed their chat was mainly about how bad ass Hurtfan is...

BUT...I know it's really about how squishy and scrubby Hurtfan is...zergling extraordinaire
    For the Pact!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a rare moment of remorse last night. A single AD player, miles from home, decided to set up and flag Kingscrest. The nearest AD keep was deep South - Faregyl.

Several times I tried warning them off, with a few poison injections/light attacks etc. But they were persistent and after 20 minutes of them not taking the hint, I finally decided to use mark target and hopefully get it taken care of. My plan was to sneak up, hit a Dizzying Swing, a Surprise Attack and then, assuming I didn't get killed in the retaliatory action, try to execute.

But I hit some kind of lag spike right as I started, and the Dizzying Swing didn't fire. So I tried again, and again, to get things started. Then suddenly the game caught up to me, and unloaded three Dizzying Swings in a row on the poor guy.

He was so far North, working alone, and I genuinely felt a bit guilty about how it all went down. As a stamblade, I definitely rely on burst to take someone out because if they outlast that, I'm usually toast. But three wrecking blows... that's not how it was supposed to end.

:unamused:

PS4NA
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »

That is some awesome info. And PvEers say no one plays PvP...

I would say I made up 3.5% of the 7.5 million warriors killed = 262,500 times killed in case you're wondering
    For the Pact!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at times it feels like zos is doing everything it can to kick us out of cyrodiil and stick us in battlegrounds...

some of the new changes to d-ticks, increased wall strength, increased resource strength, increased siege strength just don't make a bunch of sense...

wish they would do more to encourage players fighting other players...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna see 20 of 20 - 3,2,1 fire!
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at times it feels like zos is doing everything it can to kick us out of cyrodiil and stick us in battlegrounds...

some of the new changes to d-ticks, increased wall strength, increased resource strength, increased siege strength just don't make a bunch of sense...

wish they would do more to encourage players fighting other players...

Cyrodill was designed for large guild siege play. Currently we don't have large guild siege play. Small groups of 3-4 people can cap a keep. By making keeps harder to siege you force more players to work together.

NA players need to be forced to work together otherwise they just won't do it, I can't tell you how many solo pvper's I see out there complaining about the results of the campaign in zone chat.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 days left in the campaign...EP has about a 12k lead...

thankfully last couple of days I've played the eval scores have been pretty close...DC crowned while I was red tonight...

the fight for second is really close...slushi and gooch each have about 24 million AP for the camp...

well over a million freaking AP a day...that's crazy - even with the pelinal scroll...

was playing my stam sorc tonight...it''s amazing how much happier I've been since I stopped trying to do much sorcery stuff with him...

definitely need to finish farming a bone pirate set for him...nearly impossible for me to use hurricane and my 2 hander or bow at the same time...

my stam recovery is around 2.1k (with major endurance, which I get it from a pot)...for me that's a high recovery number...

still have a tough time sustaining with hurricane on...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 20, 2018 7:16AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm it on a nightblade. Open only the chests on vet mode Blackheart Haven that is all you have to do to farm it.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 20, 2018 11:09AM
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've made myself incredibly busy lately for about the past month. I'm maybe on once every 3 weeks for 1-2 hrs now following my 2 month break. No desire to play outside of hanging with my guild. I've noticed that after coming back from breaks, even though I'm rusty, I kill a lot more. 4 of us were farming zergs. Love when life throws a bunch of *** your way and 95% of your life isn't living anymore. Anyway, time to disappear again. Its crazy people still bother to remember me in game or look to my videos for help.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made myself incredibly busy lately for about the past month. I'm maybe on once every 3 weeks for 1-2 hrs now following my 2 month break.

is this like a humble brag...I could have a life if I wanted to :p

just kidding man, hope all is well for you abyss and you're staying healthy and happy...

you have some very cool vids, no doubt lots of folks appreciated the time you took to make them, and, the fact you was wrecking folks throughout...I liked the IC ones best...

oh yeah, your choice in music ain't so terrible either...take it easy...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made myself incredibly busy lately for about the past month. I'm maybe on once every 3 weeks for 1-2 hrs now following my 2 month break. No desire to play outside of hanging with my guild. I've noticed that after coming back from breaks, even though I'm rusty, I kill a lot more. 4 of us were farming zergs. Love when life throws a bunch of *** your way and 95% of your life isn't living anymore. Anyway, time to disappear again. Its crazy people still bother to remember me in game or look to my videos for help.

You are just unforgettable. :D