The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I crashed once last night, thankfully though I was able to load back in to cyrodiil...

I had pretty much told myself though - there was no way I was gonna wait in another huge queue to play...

nope, definitely would have been time to find something else to do (like catch up on preacher :) )...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    I really do want to enjoy midyear mayhem but it's just to much waiting in a long que then I get in to vivec and my game crashes so I miss a tick from a defense and have to que up again to get in it is just to much of a hassle and the other campaigns I don't want to play in them because everyone I play with play's in vivec looks like I'm taking a break from midyear mayhem this year I might go in during the morning or night time when the que is lower

Might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game before sleeping. Ive done this a couple of times seems to help with crashing.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good to see you out there tequila (fighting for the good guys :))...

wow, what a blast with so many large and small groups running around...don't want to jinx myself for any future play, but - amazingly enough, game performance was pretty excellent most of the night...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    queue times aside - this is cyrodiil as I like it...chaotic and action packed all the time...

AP wise - I feel like I'm finally earning my worth to the war effort...

decided I'd like to get star made knight on my main...

I was able to get it last year on my mag sorc, which is not so ironic, cuz pvp wise - everything is easier on a mag sorc :p

I've come a long way with my main, he's a breton magblade...

I started the game off though using DW abilities and Bow attacks (cuz - skyrim)...wore lots of medium armor, split up my attribute points...didn't understand pots, glyphs, set bonuses, set rotations...I used to hide in the bushes a lot...I learned to stand next to templars while sieging...it was tough...

everytime I'd get on my templar and sorcerer - pvp went so much smoother...

one time i got to play with a small group of nightblades, I learned a bunch in a few hours of playing with them, they were super well prepared...

my main was a hot mess, got my butt handed to me a whole bunch...

little bit after joining the forums (six months or so maybe :# ), finally came to the realization that life might be easier as a magblade, then - a magblade wearing 5 heavy ;)

right now still doing the basic kill opponents and get boxes quests, still need to get into IC and battlegrounds...

battlegrounds ought to be fun, my sustain is a challenge already...may just need to re-trait my jewelry...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 28, 2018 8:25PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't even let me login right now looks like psn is down
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am logged in and in Cyro right now.

Huge zerg of blues keep harassing Fare and Boot so there is a ton of AP down south.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on July 28, 2018 10:45PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am logged in and in Cyro right now.

Huge zerg of blues keep harassing Fare and Boot so there is a ton of AP down south.

That's cool you are able to play still right now especially since a lot of others aren't able to login at the moment i bet the que is pretty low wished it would let me login before everyone else is able to and the que gets outrageous again lol
    Edited by Jake1576 on July 28, 2018 11:07PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so in my quest to become a star made knight - I have to win a battleground match...

played 5 on my magblade last night...was just queuing for deathmatches...kept coming in second...

finally toward the end of a match I got booted from the server...got the like 20 minute deserter penalty, so I figured I'd check my magplar...

this was my 2nd character created - made in response to my noob breton nightblade's feeble attempt to clear spindleglutch...

nothing like a nord templar in heavy armor to learn the game :p

so, got on my magplar and saw I still need to capture a district in IC, get a killing blow on another 20 player's souls, and win a battleground match...

queued up for a random...wanted to take a look at those daily rewards - got a deathmatch, loaded in with 2 other 750's and a 731...smiled...

if you're dipping your toes in to battlegrounds for the first time in a while - you know what I mean...if you load into the match with some sub 400 cp, things can get tough...I've also started looking at player's pvp rank insignia now more closely...

the actual fighting isn't so much different than tower fighting, or, fighting in IC...I absolutely love that one battleground match arena - mages guild I think, where you play in an IC district...

the other stuff is capture the flag or grab and hold on to some thing...

anyways, my magplar plays the random deathmatch game.and wins - first match...

so, back at it this morning with my magblade -
    my kill/death ratio is actually going into the positive numbers now :)

so, been queuing for random's, getting mostly deathmatches, and - I've now.placed 3rd three times in row :#

another positive note though: thought sustain would be a major issue for me - if you saw my regen numbers on a lot of my characters, you would gasp and shake your head...

when I finally figured out what regen was, and, what good armor and adding drinks and food could really do - almost all my characters were set up at one point with tri-stat regen drinks, and willows path...

I didn't wanna die for lack of "shooting" back :p

I don't know man, I'm thinking this may be a good time to reach out to my guilds...

speaking of which, just left my last 2 pvp related guilds...just got 3 now - the first guild I joined, Traders Refuge, and back alley trading and the purple gang (I always loved that name)...

two wenches and a goblet is another great guild name...

next guild I join will probably be more dungeon oriented...

yeah, so back at it...i've noticed a lot of folks participating don't really have such a great understanding of small scale pvp...

I am having fun though..looking forward now to getting my stam sorc into a deathmatch with his 2 hander and bow...snipe and crit rush all day :D
    Edited by geonsocal on July 29, 2018 6:00PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, just got it in a really, really close, it was a tie actually: 512, 512 - 3rd 488 match...

we played domination (capture the flag), when we were loaded and waiting, saw we had a 750 orc templar - I just followed him...

no doubt, unless you're using streak - all this running around in the arena is not fun for a magicka focused build...I just went through a bunch of potions...thank goodness for medicinal use...

in game and out B)

a got a sliver of stamina on a few of my characters - my magblade and magplar start huffing and puffing walking up the bank stairs in rawl'kha...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 29, 2018 6:25PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quiet as a cat - EP is back on top, not by much...

holding the two yellow scrolls...gonna be a very late night for some true red players...

read somewhere that AD was getting some early morning (US) assistance from the EU server folks...

if true, that's pretty interesting...

campaign ends sometime Tuesday morning (e.s.t.) I guess...interested to see see how this campaign finishes...
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    so in my quest to become a star made knight - I have to win a battleground match...

played 5 on my magblade last night...was just queuing for deathmatches...kept coming in second...

finally toward the end of a match I got booted from the server...got the like 20 minute deserter penalty, so I figured I'd check my magplar...

this was my 2nd character created - made in response to my noob breton nightblade's feeble attempt to clear spindleglutch...

so, got on my magplar and saw I still need to capture a district in IC, get a killing blow on another 20 player's souls, and win a battleground match...

queued up for a random...wanted to take a look at those daily rewards - got a deathmatch, loaded in with 2 other 750's and a 731...smiled...

if you're dipping your toes in to battlegrounds for the first time in a while - you know what I mean...if you load into the match with some sub 400 cp, things can get tough...I've also started looking at player's pvp rank insignia now more closely...

the actual fighting isn't so much different than tower fighting, or, fighting in IC...I absolutely love that one battleground match arena - mages guild I think, where you play in an IC district...

so, been queuing for random's, getting mostly deathmatches, and - I've now.placed 3rd three times in row :#

another positive note though: thought sustain would be a major issue for me - if you saw my regen numbers on a lot of my characters, you would gasp and shake your head...

when I finally figured out what regen was, and, what good armor and adding drinks and food could really do - almost all my characters were set up at one point with tri-stat regen drinks, and willows path...

I don't know man, I'm thinking this may be a good time to reach out to my guilds...

speaking of which, just left my last 2 pvp related guilds...just got 3 now - the first guild I joined, Traders Refuge, and back alley trading and the purple gang (I always loved that name)...

yeah, so back at it...i've noticed a lot of folks participating don't really have such a great understanding of small scale pvp...

I am having fun though..looking forward now to getting my stam sorc into a deathmatch with his 2 hander and bow...snipe and crit rush all day :D

Heh, I killed you a few times in a deathmatch yesterday. :P I have a stamsorc that only does BGs. 2H/Bow is decent, but I’m personally a big fan of DW/Bow (with immovability pots to make up for the lack of stun immunity). If you want to run a few rounds together, add me on PSN (Peace-Weaver).
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's little doubt that scroll trolls are a sad part of the game. It hurts more now that they're worth 10 points and with the score pretty close and 48 hours or so remaining. The queues are bad, but it sure is nice to see Vivec fully loaded (and performing reasonably well for the most part).

Some of the battles yesterday were epic. Especially mid afternoon at Arrius, where EP held off AD and DC for over 30 minutes. I think probably 80% of all factions were there. That 114K D-tick at the end was awesome.

I'm sure when Midyear Mayhem is over things will settle down and become more quiet again, but for now - no matter who wins - Vivec is lit. Fun times.
    PS4NA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

holding the two yellow scrolls...gonna be a very late night for some true red players...

read somewhere that AD was getting some early morning (US) assistance from the EU server folks...

campaign ends sometime Tuesday morning (e.s.t.) I guess...interested to see see how this campaign finishes...

That EU AD help is why AD knocked EP out of first place putting hordes on when everyone else was sleeping.
    And then EP got to internal fighting, but now they are pulling together again and if they continue they can win the campaign.
    EP is up by 478 points with an eval of 101 vs AD eval of 28 right now at 9:33AM EST.

Edited by TequilaFire on July 30, 2018 1:34PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD has been doing poorly this past weekend.

Guild I semi-run with went to Alkosh to farm emp. So if you're wondering, quite a few AD left to go do that.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That EU AD help is why AD knocked EP out of first place putting hordes on when everyone else was sleeping.
    And then EP got to internal fighting, but now they are pulling together again and if they continue they can win the campaign.
    EP is up by 478 points with an eval of 101 vs AD eval of 28 right now at 9:33AM EST.

Wow, when exactly does this campaign end? Tonight sometime? Last time I checked the score yesterday EP was still behind by quite a bit.

Yesterday, I waited in the queue for about an hour, got in. Yay....then I played for about an hour and fell asleep...dangit...Then waited in the queue another couple of hours (or an hour and a half at least), then had to go after about an hour and a half of play. It sucked.

Edit: on 2nd thought Tequila, don't reply to this. Stay off the forums and help keep the lead lol...
    Edited by Hurtfan on July 30, 2018 2:58PM
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I checked towards the end of June's campaign, it ended at somewhere between 5-6am EST. So I think it ends tomorrow morning.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I checked towards the end of June's campaign, it ended at somewhere between 5-6am EST. So I think it ends tomorrow morning.

Gotya...thanks
    For the Pact!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Heh, I killed you a few times in a deathmatch yesterday. :P I have a stamsorc that only does BGs. 2H/Bow is decent, but I’m personally a big fan of DW/Bow (with immovability pots to make up for the lack of stun immunity). If you want to run a few rounds together, add me on PSN (Peace-Weaver).

howdy @Aurielle ...great to hear from you :)

man, I think i played like 20 to 25 deathmatches this weekend...

surprisingly enough - I had an absolute blast...definitely made for a great way to spend time waiting for the vivec queue...

ended up going into battlegrounds on my magblade, magplar, stamplar, and stam sorc...

seems deathmatches are really well suited to mobile, ranged fighters...my magblade and stam sorc felt really comfortable...

my tanky, werewolf orc stamplar just felt like a big pin cushion...either a land grab or capture the relic game would probably suit him much better...

I was really amazed at just how much gear and AP I accumulated...it's been since last midyear mayhem since I participated in battlegrounds...

tonight I'm going in red again (all EP hands on deck tonight in vivec), gonna give my mag dk a spin through deathmatches while I wait in queue (last night waited over two hours)...

I'm not expecting to do so well on my mag dk - this character is neither ranged nor mobile focused...I'm guessing it'll be a lot of light/heavy attacking with my staff, a little destructive reach - and, a whole lot of trying to mist away :p
    Edited by geonsocal on July 30, 2018 4:55PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, shout out to @lionofjudah7 for mocking me in battlegrounds - it was well deserved :(

I saw your score in a few matches, well done...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 30, 2018 4:59PM
  • MisterBastahrd
    MisterBastahrd
    ✭✭✭
    EP's "togetherness" has little to do with their lead. AD started the campaign missing two of its zergs because the technical issues pushed them into Shor to combat the lag / disconnects and was at a population disadvantage, followed it up with Sage Toad's unwillingness to do much with emp once he got it (other than protect emp keeps and troll chat), and now the queue is full of PVE randoms and the best players are largely in the event overflow campaigns. DC has also been pushing AD hard this campaign and has only really pushed EP when they've decided to crown Silly.

Similar thing happened last year too. AD suffers WAY more from PUGs during PVP events IIRC for whatever reason.

sanj / Mike have been running D'Albi and it's been great for my AP gains. I've been earning about 500K running solo in about 3 hours a day. I'll fight in front of a keep and take resources until I get zerged down and then post a callout to save a level 5 keep and get a 40-60K d-tick for my troubles. I've opened over 150 of those stupid yellow boxes and haven't gotten a single hakeijo tho.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP's "togetherness" has little to do with their lead. AD started the campaign missing two of its zergs because the technical issues pushed them into Shor to combat the lag / disconnects and was at a population disadvantage, followed it up with Sage Toad's unwillingness to do much with emp once he got it (other than protect emp keeps and troll chat), and now the queue is full of PVE randoms and the best players are largely in the event overflow campaigns. DC has also been pushing AD hard this campaign and has only really pushed EP when they've decided to crown Silly.

Similar thing happened last year too. AD suffers WAY more from PUGs during PVP events IIRC for whatever reason.

sanj / Mike have been running D'Albi and it's been great for my AP gains. I've been earning about 500K running solo in about 3 hours a day. I'll fight in front of a keep and take resources until I get zerged down and then post a callout to save a level 5 keep and get a 40-60K d-tick for my troubles. I've opened over 150 of those stupid yellow boxes and haven't gotten a single hakeijo tho.

Well EP also has missing groups for the same reasons and has a third of AD population to start with.
    Our taking the lead back is because of the hard work and stubbornness of our remaining few guilds.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not know a keep/resource/outpost level affected the points it is worth (offense and defense)...makes sense, just never thought about it...

hmmmmmm, didn't know about the hakeijos being available in the loot table either...I'm over a hundred boxes in, i'm not sure I've seen one either...need to check my inventory when I get home...although, now I can't remember how many I already had in my inventory...

I do appreciate the tel vars in the loot...I still need to collect 2 of the xivkyn polymorphs...

hopefully another 30 or so of those tel var merchant boxes will do the trick...
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well EP also has missing groups for the same reasons and has a third of AD population to start with.
    Our taking the lead back is because of the hard work and stubbornness of our remaining few guilds.

Not to mention, DC was on a mission to destroy EP over the weekend. Friday night and all day Saturday you didn't see DC push AD much at all, and vise versa I might add.
    Edited by Hurtfan on July 30, 2018 6:49PM
    For the Pact!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

zone chat has been amazing and very on point with call outs and directions...it is way cool to see everyone trying to pull together...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I'm swimming in hakeijo atm. Let me know if you want a few. I honestly thought they dropped more then that.

But yea, all the stuff you said about AD is why I switched to my DC toon. Getting tired of sitting at Fare/BB/BM. Sage_Toad isn't helping the situation either.

I did follow Mike's callouts on Saturday to defend BB tho. Those fights between AD/DC at BB where pretty amazing.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on July 30, 2018 7:01PM
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what was the final tally on Vivec?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    So what was the final tally on Vivec?

it's not over...ends some time tomorrow morning (e.s.t.)...

sounds like EP were able to open up a bit of a lead...it they focus on scrolls and home keeo defense, and, if DC keeps hitting faregyl hard - EP may just end the campaign with a very hard fought victory...
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, I'm going to get home from work and have to wait in a gawd-awful queue before I can get in. And when I do get in finally, probably only have 10 mins to play.

Woes me...
    For the Pact!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurtfan wrote: »
    Dang, I'm going to get home from work and have to wait in a gawd-awful queue before I can get in. And when I do get in finally, probably only have 10 mins to play.

Woes me...

initially i was trying to be productive in queues: farming survey mats, do quest stuff, joining in on battlegrounds...now, i'm spending most of the queue time afk and trying to remember to move my character around the screen every ten minutes or so until i can get in...

can't wait to get back to manning the arrius and kingscrest/farragut walls again tonight though :)

i usually check in on the forums on my phone - just noticed your signature:

hahahahahahahaha...nice...
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurtfan wrote: »

Woes me...

initially i was trying to be productive in queues: farming survey mats, do quest stuff, joining in on battlegrounds...now, i'm spending most of the queue time afk and trying to remember to move my character around the screen every ten minutes or so until i can get in...

can't wait to get back to manning the arrius and kingscrest/farragut walls again tonight though :)

i usually check in on the forums on my phone - just noticed your signature:

hahahahahahahaha...nice...

I started doing other things too outside the game waiting on the queue. Like laundry, cook dinner, a little yard work...

I was paranoid about missing the queue when it was my turn, so I half-assed most of my chores lol...

Edited by Hurtfan on July 30, 2018 9:43PM
    For the Pact!