The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurtfan wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Hurtfan wrote: »
    Dang, I'm going to get home from work and have to wait in a gawd-awful queue before I can get in. And when I do get in finally, probably only have 10 mins to play.

Woes me...

initially i was trying to be productive in queues: farming survey mats, do quest stuff, joining in on battlegrounds...now, i'm spending most of the queue time afk and trying to remember to move my character around the screen every ten minutes or so until i can get in...

can't wait to get back to manning the arrius and kingscrest/farragut walls again tonight though :)

i usually check in on the forums on my phone - just noticed your signature:
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue

hahahahahahahaha...nice...

I started doing other things too outside the game waiting on the queue. Like laundry, cook dinner, a little yard work...

I was paranoid about missing the queue when it was my turn, so I half-assed most of my chores lol...

I think - as long as the application stays open, even if you time out - it won't kick you from the queue...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    started with a 406 queue...had time to make and eat dinner...

still a little over 100 to go and hour and a half later...

started playing deathmatch...I don't know if it's just me, my build, or bad team rng - but, boy am I getting my butt beat...

playing my mag dk, and having a bunch a stam sustain issues...

took about 5 matches to start getting the hang of playing and trying to sustain...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahhhhhh, back in the muc more sustain friendly land of vivec :)

suddenly my gluttonous resource fiended dragonknight, doesn't seem so ravenous...

campaigns over, EP pretty much won it this past weekend...

no matter what, i'll start each campaign knowing i'll take first, second and third...however, having been on the same map (different name), for a couple of years - I do have a rooting favorite each campaign...

I wouldn't mind too much seeing EP rattle off a few wins...I don't expect that to happen, but, wouldn't mind it at all...

the next week oughta be interesting...I'm thinking DC might actually put together a lead...we'll see...
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    the next week oughta be interesting...I'm thinking DC might actually put together a lead...we'll see...
    In the interest of balance, I agree - DC needs a campaign win too. AD wins most campaigns, they always seem to pop-lock before the other factions and I suspect they have a pretty strong overnight presence.

Thrilled that EP won this one though. A little bickering in Zone chat over the 30 day campaign, but for the most part we worked as one - and it showed.

PS4NA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spent a half hour cleaning the rewards for the worthy out of my full inbox to get to my campaign awards. lmao
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 31, 2018 1:27PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, Gooch is already leading the EP leader board.
    Stocking up on popcorn. :D
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work EP, was nice to be part of the victory, played pretty much every day with a couple of exceptions. I wish I was around more Sunday and yesterday, stupid queue.

Why the hell did Zos start midyear mayhem with 1 week to go in the campaign????
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone else just see gamemasters? Think I saw four four of them at the gate.
    Edited by OutLaw_Nynx on August 1, 2018 8:00PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tenor.gif?itemid=5746134
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD gate. I’ve since ported, not sure what they are doing. Maybe booting rubber banders?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD gate. I’ve since ported, not sure what they are doing. Maybe booting rubber banders?

man, if we could get at least a sporadic presence of gamemasters in cyro - that would help a whole bunch...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a guy in AD zone chat who admitted to mass reporting people who were rubbing banding and keeping the que high this past weekend.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i didn't log on until late, but, last night the queues were actually pretty quick (less than 20 people for DC)...
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There was a guy in AD zone chat who admitted to mass reporting people who were rubbing banding and keeping the que high this past weekend.

Guess they took it seriously
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a low life snitch. Can't even take a break to slurp down dinner with out risking a 3 hour queue.
    Always goodie goodies in this world making people miserable over nothing.
    Will have to AFK in the middle of cyro somewhere. lol
    Edited by TequilaFire on August 1, 2018 10:06PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe AD cried because they keep getting gated?
    Joking, joking!
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That dude was legit pissed off in Zone chat tho. Like, something must of happened.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe AD cried because they keep getting gated?
    Joking, joking!

O_o
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭

Do you have a screenshot? They’re kind of like Bigfoot or Unicorns you always hear about them but you never see them so everyone thinks they don’t exist lol.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sooooo, I think I'm liking deathmatches...it's a lot of cheese - but, you know what - were all just trying to kill each other...by any means necessary...

the ability to sustain is for real...I'm figuring out right now which characters and rotations work best...

I found out the cheap swill the siege merchant sells - just don't cut it...you need crafted pots or the crown store pots...still got a bunch of characters sitting only on medicinal level 1...need to fix that on the characters that might be there more frequently...

I haven't really looked yet, but, there may be some achievements or furnishings I like...

was playing my DC stam warden in battlegrounds...it took one match to figure which skills to slot, another match to remember I couldn't spam everything, another match after that to figure out I needed better potions...once I started to get it, it was fun...

afterwards I figured I'd go in blue, make some AP, you know - fight for the covenant...got in, saw the map...log out, and, logged in on my AD stamblade...

time to go fight for that not so unattractive leggy elf lady...

as an added bonus, afterwards I'll give my stamblade a run through battlegrounds...I've been looking forward to taking him there - fear my mighty snipe :p
    Edited by geonsocal on August 2, 2018 6:40AM
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    The hypocrisy in this chat is astounding, truly!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well hello to you too Abyss! ;)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hypocrisy in this chat is astounding, truly!
    5c70c-smart.gif
    good to have you back abyss...

yeah, i tend to see the forums as a sort of social bar, lounge situation...somewhere to come and pass the time with folks whom share a similar interest...

is it hypocritical to change you ideas, beliefs, and behavior on occasion - even daily...yeah, maybe...if you're just relaxing, drinking and talking amongst friends - maybe a little more understandable...

personally though:
    american-beauty-job-spacey-responsibility.gif?resize=470%2C275

also, to include accountability for any thing i've said/done, or, will say/do in the future :)

hey abyss - you ever participate much in battlegrounds...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 2, 2018 10:20PM
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    *** Battlegrounds. Proc sets become 10x more cheap in there than they are in CP.

The same people who were angry about gap closing into keeps, or whom believe animation cancelling is cheating, or who were angry about the no fall damage bug are now mad that a different "exploit" was being reported. I could care less tbh but it is hypocritical and funny.

I took a 2 month break from the game and have zero clue why I came back. I think it had something to do with playing alongside the people in my guild.
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    A random read for you active forums people...

Because I'm a bit rusty still, I usually duel some of the better players on the game looking to be pummeled a bit for practice before stepping into Cyrodiil again. Usually, if I don't win, I can at least give a good fight before going down or ending in a draw.

When fighting one of PS4 NA's best sorcs imo (no name will be mentioned to avoid an unintentional argument and attention) we used to always end in a draw. If it were a tournament, I'd still have said [Anonymous] would be the winner in all those fights for being the aggressor even though neither of us died, but it was still a good fight each time. However, [Anonymous] beat be time and time again without trying in mere seconds. There was no hostility or any negativity between us but [Anonymous] talked about my play style being outdated. Truth is... he's right and I think people fail to understand why I do that. I could throw on the heavy meta dk build using FM, maybe even wings in situations, but I don't want to.

I miss the days of IC dueling and Wrothgar patch. We both do, and we miss the players that were around then–who have since moved on to bigger and better things. Every class, even considering Sorcs had 20 sec shields and whatnot, could go toe-to-toe with the other and it wasn't a matter of who's build was better. I was able to 1v6 before I even knew that golding out weapons was hugely beneficial. I was 1vXing on a dk using 3 agility 5 marksman 2 BS and random purple weapons at that time. I gimp myself on purpose because to me, it's the only way you can actually judge a players skill anymore. How well does that player perform at a massive disadvantage? This is why 1vXing is popular because you are at a disadvantage and forced to act under pressure. This is why competitive duels no longer exist.

Not only am I usually outnumbered and/or solo, but I also use a fairly underpowered build so I can see for myself my own growth, and how much the game has changed devolved from what it was. This is why there is so much toxicity between veteran competitive players and casual players/new players calling themselves competitive using meta builds. My fight with [Anonymous] reminded me of the IC days where you could lose a fight and it wasn't exposure and everyone still had a positive attitude.
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on August 3, 2018 1:36AM
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was reading some old psn messages the other day, from the old IC days dueling in The Arena. Some of those people are still playing, some aren't. But you're right, it was pretty much all fun and positive, and when I died it was because the other person played better, not cos of some bollix set.
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was reading some old psn messages the other day, from the old IC days dueling in The Arena. Some of those people are still playing, some aren't. But you're right, it was pretty much all fun and positive, and when I died it was because the other person played better, not cos of some bollix set.

A handful still play but most are gone.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Playstyle is outdated"

I disagree entirely, nothing is ever considered 'outdated' if it still functionally works. Why ever change what simply works?

This is why I went back to playing my StamNB.

Cuz it feels great to play it.

Swapped over to blue after AD played terribly this past weekend. I might need to consider grinding a stamNB on red.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 3, 2018 3:25PM
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    "Playstyle is outdated"

I disagree entirely, nothing is ever considered 'outdated' if it still functionally works. Why ever change what simply works?.
    While that may be true, that doesn’t change the fact that running setups that were best in slot in the past can be awful now. For example, Magsorcs ran Destructive Reach with Masters Destro for quite a few patches and this was considered best for them. Nowadays though if you aren’t running Rune Cage on a magsorc you’re just gimping yourself. And as for @Abysswarrior45 ‘s example, If I had to guess the “outdated” build he was talking about is a heavy armored StamDK build centered around bash-cancelling Punctures and the like. This hasn’t been meta for them for a very long time, probably around the time shuffle became locked to medium. Nowadays most of the really good StamDKS run Medium armor- DoT centric builds with Dual Weild and 2H
    Edited by wozborne on August 3, 2018 3:57PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's part of the monster of a MMO, the fact sets like the ones you mentioned just get nerfed or replaced by something better. Another great example of that is the Proc Set Meta Viper/Selenes/Velidreth meta and the short lived Burning Spell Weave meta.

It's still all a matter of perspective. I've always tried out the new meta, but always found myself going back to what I originally loved.