The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Reduce keep wall HP

Sacredx
Sacredx
✭✭✭
Level 5 keep wall is around 720k hp now. We took the resources and waited for it to reduce, nothing happened.

A ballista does 2k damage, that's 360 ballista hits just to get to the inner wall, then you have to do it all over again.

This is ridiculous, keep hp needs to be way less otherwise the map will get locked down.
PC NA PvP Oceanic
The Kelly Gang [TKG]
Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahaha, I didnt had time to PvP past 3-4 days, did zos really made walls 720k HP?
    Brilliant.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fellow stonemasons assemble! There is much repairing to be done.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its only 18 hits if you have 20 ballista’s up, more power to the zerg..
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    I propose to revert entirely the Cyro patch changes.

Siege damage nerf means less interest in sieging and it's already obvious since the patch not even once on normal siege battle I've seen maximum siege over limit (except for ninja taking a keep)

Even siege proccing sets which was a fun thing to play around with and niche builds gone... less interest in sieging added. Sloads so nerfed it was removed from the server except for the ocasional very casual and distracted player.

Less practical dticks, which also diminishes interest in defending, so quicker battles. AP is a currency after all.

No one needs the new recall stones... suicide (free) or /stuck (146g) is much more efficient and no inventory slots taken (and no AP spent)

Who comes up wtih these ideas... and worse... who signs off this beyond a powerpoint presentation?!

What needed fixing like the glitched walls ... no ETA.

PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Siege damage nerf means less interest in sieging and it's already obvious since the patch not even once on normal siege battle I've seen maximum siege over limit (except for ninja taking a keep)

Even siege proccing sets which was a fun thing to play around with and niche builds gone... less interest in sieging added. Sloads so nerfed it was removed from the server except for the ocasional very casual and distracted player.

Less practical dticks, which also diminishes interest in defending, so quicker battles. AP is a currency after all.

No one needs the new recall stones... suicide (free) or /stuck (146g) is much more efficient and no inventory slots taken (and no AP spent)

Who comes up wtih these ideas... and worse... who signs off this beyond a powerpoint presentation?!

This is why I unsubbed lol. Path after patch they promise PvP fixes only to bring changes no one asked for, don’t fix what was broken and break new stuff. The devs do not have the experience in PvP to know what actually needs changing apparently and it’s showing no signs of changing.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

This is why I unsubbed lol. Path after patch they promise PvP fixes only to bring changes no one asked for, don’t fix what was broken and break new stuff. The devs do not have the experience in PvP to know what actually needs changing apparently and it’s showing no signs of changing.

Clearly the devs only play this game as Zerg surfing proctard stamblades or Battleground proctard stamblades. This is the only explanation.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The insane wall HP is a bug. Keep wall HP do not seem to downgrade with keep downgrade and sometimes are not updated properly when a keep flips. They do upgrade on the next keep upgrade, resulting in too large numbers.

You are mad about sieging? Enjoy repairing an inner postern wall of a freshly taken keep to 90% of 500k health to close it.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been far too long that keeps were easy takes. The wall health is fine in fact it should go higher. Bursting a keep in under 1 min was stupid and not realistic. little 5 man teams that can plow through a keep was game breaking. The fact that you now have to work in larger groups to take something is refreshing. The fact that we can port to a keep without transit is game changing. The reality should always be defending something earns more reward than PV dooring something just for the sake of objective farming.

CONGRATS TO ZOS FOR FINALLY LISTENING TO THE PLAYERS

I will add the buggy up and down grades need to be fixed though.
    Edited by Anazasi on August 15, 2018 4:21PM
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fellow stonemasons assemble! There is much repairing to be done.

Can you and your team of masons please get to the invisible walls first? ZO$ needs some help there :D
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the higher HP.

Would like repair kits to be buffed to compensate, though.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

In regards to the wall fixes ZOS has said they are aware of it and they cant seem to fix it. This reminds me of the caltrops bug that existed after the first set of campaigns. Its a layering issue and apparently there are many many layers
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    It's been far too long that keeps were easy takes. The wall health is fine in fact it should go higher. Bursting a keep in under 1 min was stupid and not realistic. little 5 man teams that can plow through a keep was game breaking. The fact that you now have to work in larger groups to take something is refreshing. The fact that we can port to a keep without transit is game changing. The reality should always be defending something earns more reward than PV dooring something just for the sake of objective farming.

I cant beleive this but I actually agree with taran here. I'd rather not go back to enabling bursting an undefended keep, getting in and flipping flags all within 120 seconds.

Keep fights SHOULD be long, hard contested epic events. Not a quick in and out reach around then move on.
    Edited by Vilestride on August 15, 2018 9:36PM
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »

I cant beleive this but I actually agree with taran here. I'd rather not go back to enabling bursting an undefended keep, getting in and flipping flags all within 120 seconds.

Keep fights SHOULD be long, hard contested epic events. Not a quick in and out reach around then move on.

B)
  • Akgurd
    Akgurd
    ✭✭✭
    After years of tofu doors and walls, we finally got decent masons and carpenters.

Praise their professionalism!
    Aknight
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it or not, keeps were built around the premise of large player battles. There's nothing wrong with the health. You shouldn't be able to run around with a 4-man squad and re-write the entire map, that's not how this is supposed to work. 10-20 siege units out and you'll still blow through it quite quickly.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭

If you want the game realistic then they need to do it right. Where are siege towers, ladders, even sapping. Why is there a siege limit, how is THAT realistic? Why are players even allowed to 'repair' in the enemy?

Raising wall hp and increasing siege aoe is just a bandaid.

I will tell you what is happening right now, based on actual gameplay experience.

Right now keep battles consist of one faction sieging walls and the other faction repairing them. That's the majority of what is happening. Oils are hitting for 7.2k each so you can forget front door. Walls are the only other option to get in. By the time you take out a chunk of a wall the enemy faction has reinforced to a point that the whole faction is defending. What you end up with is everyone in one location and the map has ground to a complete standstill.

And RE porting to a keep, why would someone spend 20k ap when they can do it for free? /stuck or die to fall damage and save yourself 20k.

PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of patchnotes, there are only 2 lvls now and if you take the Ressourches first, it gets much easier, my Guild group with 16 to 20 players still takes a keep that is only low defended in under 5 mins
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »

If you want the game realistic then they need to do it right. Where are siege towers, ladders, even sapping. Why is there a siege limit, how is THAT realistic? Why are players even allowed to 'repair' in the enemy?

Raising wall hp and increasing siege aoe is just a bandaid.

I will tell you what is happening right now, based on actual gameplay experience.

Right now keep battles consist of one faction sieging walls and the other faction repairing them. That's the majority of what is happening. Oils are hitting for 7.2k each so you can forget front door. Walls are the only other option to get in. By the time you take out a chunk of a wall the enemy faction has reinforced to a point that the whole faction is defending. What you end up with is everyone in one location and the map has ground to a complete standstill.

And RE porting to a keep, why would someone spend 20k ap when they can do it for free? /stuck or die to fall damage and save yourself 20k.

Siege Shield is now more effective, Ram is still easy to defend
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭

Yes, too bad the npcs spam negates non stop. One row of oils + npc negate and you're toast.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people here seem to ignore that keep wall HP is completely bugged in this patch. Some level 0 keeps have walls with 515k HP, some level 2 keeps have 305k walls (as they should have according to patchnotes). Some keeps even have walls that go up and down.
    Unfortunately we all know that ZO$ doesn't care about bugs in PvP and is just going to ignore it, like the open-postern-wall-bug.
    So I guess it's a feature now. Accept it or uninstall.
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    They should buff keep wall hp to discourage people from playing siege simulator & actually pvping :smiley:
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, too bad the npcs spam negates non stop. One row of oils + npc negate and you're toast.

And you didnt kill the NPCs before you started seiging because.....?
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its only 18 hits if you have 20 ballista’s up, more power to the zerg..

In organized groups, people will man more than one ballista.
    They should buff keep wall hp to discourage people from playing siege simulator & actually pvping :smiley:

Quite the opposite. It would mean more people parked in front of walls spending more time taking it down before much PvP really happens.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something definitely doesn’t seem right with wall healths and the degrading. Also had a few occasions where whilst seiging the inner posture the health increased from 60% to 80%!
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »

And you didnt kill the NPCs before you started seiging because.....?

He’s talking about the NPCs inside the inner door that are capable of spamming negates outside.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Logged in yesterday, walls of Alessia were like 520k. Not sure why the walls were buffed like this, maybe zos wants us to go play more BGs.

45 minute siege for 9k AP is not worth it.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a shame AD still uses fire balista's to shoot walls... or better still they miss the wall and siege the door lol. :D
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still ongoing. The wall HP are not properly reduced back to the lvl 0 value on keep flip (at least sometimes), and will upgrade further and further.

Looking forward to 10m HP keep walls in a week.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another issue with this is that it makes it incredibly easy for a player to just ride up after a battle is nearly over and repair a wall once (as there's so much to repair) and share in all the AP for that defence tick they did no work for, which was the reason for the changes in the first place. You've countered your own change ZOS.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Walls are sometimes reporting above their intended 305k (at max upgrade levels) that matches prior update max HP levels. We are looking into this issue along with the HP rubber-banding at level 0 to level 1.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on August 17, 2018 3:02AM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post