The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ha, too funny wazzz...i know that is not true :)

nightblades feel particularly strong at the moment...

how are you with merciless resolve/ relentless focus?

i have the toughest time in the world getting that thing to proc when i want...lag definitely can make it even tougher to proc for me...it's hard to get light/heavy attacks to even land :)

are you playing AD or EP?

ambush/lotus fan into concealed weapon/surprise attack got me a few times today...especially while on siege equipment...

PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    ha, too funny wazzz...i know that is not true :)

nightblades feel particularly strong at the moment...

how are you with merciless resolve/ relentless focus?

i have the toughest time in the world getting that thing to proc when i want...lag definitely can make it even tougher to proc for me...it's hard to get light/heavy attacks to even land :)

are you playing AD or EP?

ambush/lotus fan into concealed weapon/surprise attack got me a few times today...especially while on siege equipment...

Server performance has for sure degraded in GH, performance was top tier months ago but servers are taking a dump again but at least it's better than before where every fight lagged all the time. Though there are occasional FPS drops mid fight
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the servers are suffering because of the exploiting the combat system, more and more players are discovering how they can instantly belt out so many for instant kills its overwhelming the server. I think the combat system highly rewards its exploitations and I don't think ZOS employs the talent or (and this is what I think) it can't be corrected unless they rewrite the whole thing from ground up.

All classes running in circles nonstop weapon bar swapping firing off all abilities while constantly jumping and they are doing all of this at the same time in just a second or two... yea either they have multiple thumbs on each hand, or they are using an automated process like programable devices that weaves in animation canceling that at one time was considered an exploit but when ZOS gave up trying to fix it change their stance to oh its now a feature you can learn an master.

These people are becoming even more and more common in dungeon runs and they are spamming abilities so fast its causing lag for me, game ran fine before them, runs like crap with them, runs fine again without them.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    I think the servers are suffering because of the exploiting the combat system, more and more players are discovering how they can instantly belt out so many for instant kills its overwhelming the server. I think the combat system highly rewards its exploitations and I don't think ZOS employs the talent or (and this is what I think) it can't be corrected unless they rewrite the whole thing from ground up.

All classes running in circles nonstop weapon bar swapping firing off all abilities while constantly jumping and they are doing all of this at the same time in just a second or two... yea either they have multiple thumbs on each hand, or they are using an automated process like programable devices that weaves in animation canceling that at one time was considered an exploit but when ZOS gave up trying to fix it change their stance to oh its now a feature you can learn an master.

These people are becoming even more and more common in dungeon runs and they are spamming abilities so fast its causing lag for me, game ran fine before them, runs like crap with them, runs fine again without them.

Brother man I don't think people are cheating overwhelmingly in cyrodiil like you might claim. In reality I think the opposite is happening, more thumbless plays than the "double thumbs" you claim, because I see more heavy attack knight slayer builds than people who can pull out quick combos lol, those type of players are at Stonefalls.

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xDeusEJRx is 100% with his take on this......what people claim as cheating is most likely lag or performance (and the" I died so the other guy must be cheating"mantra needs as big of a nerf as any set/meta, It is more annoying that dark convergence at this point) ...and there is a growing population of watered down game play thanks to heavy attack and 1 bar builds, I miss the days before 1T tbh....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoa - gray host on both servers is packed!!!

I see we have another mayhem event...

yay...

just re-tooled both my level 32 arcanists...

using mara's balm plus orders wrath on them both...

seems to be working fine...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hello out there...I hope all is well for everyone...

I'm still grinding away in gray host on both servers...

I've actually increased my gaming time recently, which is kind of nice 🙂

right now in the EU server AD is comfortably in charge, followed by EP and then DC...

on the NA server DC is leading the way, followed by the other factions...the NA campaign is still fairly close i think...

not much changes with builds, other than I've been slotting Blinding Flare more frequently in my builds...

I already have minor protection on most builds with the oakensoul ring, the major protection from Blinding Flare gives me a 15% damage reduction from the two...

the challenge there is that it usually just leaves me then with only two offensive abilities to slot...

also, I'm back to using shields more often now, and I've been adjusting my champion points to help out...

I get in a lot of 1 v 1's and small scale - and, there are just a lot of really good players i run in to and fight against...

if there's a lot of zerging going on, I don't really have to worry about incoming damage reduction so much, but if I know I'm going to be facing off in a bunch of 1 v 1's, I've been building/playing a little more defensively lately...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 9, 2024 6:43PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not much changes with builds, other than I've been slotting Blinding Flare more frequently in my builds...

I already have minor protection on most builds with the oakensoul ring, the major protection from Blinding Flare gives me a 15% damage reduction from the two...

the challenge there is that it usually just leaves me then with only two offensive abilities to slot...

also, I'm back to using shields more often now, and I've been adjusting my champion points to help out...

I get in a lot of 1 v 1's and small scale - and, there are just a lot of really good players i run in to and fight against...

if there's a lot of zerging going on, I don't really have to worry about incoming damage reduction so much, but if I know I'm going to be facing off in a bunch of 1 v 1's, I've been building/playing a little more defensively lately...

Power creep in the game is reaching very bad levels, damage is so high on average players that you have no choice but to run some sort of defense set or load your bar up with defensive skills like flare. Nightblade is my main class but I've never been more annoyed to fight other nightblades before these last few patches, random pug NBs were always just fodder but now they hit absurdly hard.

Playing any slow class is nigh impossible without a defensive set imo, face tanking is not a concept anymore with all the procs/nightblade nuke builds out there.
    It's sad but you have to play either super kite-y or super tanky

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good stuff @xDeusEJRx ...yeah, I don't mind getting beat, but when I find myself getting constantly shredded like I'm not wearing any armor at all - I get a bit concerned...

I have my stamplar in automatons and spriggans, with some damage monster helm...

oakensoul bow build...and that was waaay too freaking squishy for doing 1 v 1's last night...I was losing most of them...

the minor protection from oakensoul and major protection from flare definitely help...

however, that leaves me with light/heavy attacks, bombard, lethal arrow and the rapid-fire ult to try and finish the fight off...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    played my magblade for the first time in forever - holy cow that toon felt tuned up...

using a defensive setup: 5 pc mara's balm, 5 pc dark convergence, 1 pc oakensoul, I wpn/spl damage monster piece...

resto staff: merciless resolve, combat prayer, concealed weapon, shadowy disguise, time stop and soul tether...

basically mostly looking to control ground with time stop and dark convergence...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't gone through the patch notes...

someone, anime boopz, was mentioning there might be some new pvp OP gear coming out with the new chapter...

one thing that's getting s lot of attention already is thr huge buff to sorc shields...

3 of my 19 toons are a sorcerer...I think I'll be needing to try out the new hardened ward :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    campaign wise - boy but have the mighty fallen...

DC has been controlling the NA Gray Host campaign for some months now...

same situation for AD on the EU server...

making me wonder - what the heck is going on with the pact...

I'm used to them dominating campaigns, especially on the NA server...

not so much these days...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 29, 2024 5:42PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so amazing how a build will play so differently from month to month...

was playing my EU magblade and was doing some flag fighting against some very tough toons, kept getting shredded...

had set myself as a bubbler (time stop) wearing dark convergence and mara's balm...

needed to switch to war maiden and pariah, just to stay alive a little...finally just switched to my necro mag which is generally a tanky character...

it was sad, my death was in the pvp feed like for 10 minutes straight dying at the ash mine 🙃
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, EP is back on top on the NA server and DC is surprisingly out in front on the EU server...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still dragging my behind on getting up to date with new gear and class skill changes...

came across this gem from @xylena_lazarow though, I'll definitely check it out later when I'm on the computer:
    I've been pointing players who ask towards Malcolm's site.

thank you thank you thank you
    Edited by geonsocal on April 12, 2024 9:42PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to say that the proc from tarnished nightmare is overly generous would be a huge understatement...

the constant sound of broken glass is hella annoying...

pretty sure it'll only get worse for the next several months...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 18, 2024 7:32AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got to experience the aleswell entry glitch first hand - I guess you can jump in from the farm...

not sure if it's an actual glitch, or just poor game design...

yeah, no walls or a door had been down for a while, but got killed on siege I was using on the outer wall...

okay...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    update on the war here in April:

DC is comfortably ahead in EU Grey Host...

EP's in front on NA, but it's a pretty close and competitive map this month...
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    update on the war here in April:

DC is comfortably ahead in EU Grey Host...

EP's in front on NA, but it's a pretty close and competitive map this month...

Yeah EP fell to 3rd days ago I believe. AD's been able to keep 2-3 bars on around the clock so they've moved into first but the terrible server performance has been keeping most players away this camp