The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Magplar PvP

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to update for those interested, I went foward with Swift x3 on my 3 Defensive Set build...

The results have been excellent thus far; I thought I wouldn't have enough burst to still kill, but the offensive/healing loss from going from x2 to x3 Swift is significant, but not deal-breaking...you can still kill like this, and the Healing output remains adequate.

IMHO, Swift x3 is excellent for a Magplar seeking to go solo overworld in Cyrodiil...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on August 12, 2018 3:21PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It certainly makes you a near unkillable tower runner...

;)
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on August 12, 2018 5:25PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm unsure what to replace wizards with next patch. I know it'll still be good against nightblades but eh I'm concerned about the uptime.
    Enjoyed the crap out of wizards, overwhelming, skoria, willpower.

Do I give up the willpower front bar and just run impreg? :/
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    I'm unsure what to replace wizards with next patch. I know it'll still be good against nightblades but eh I'm concerned about the uptime.

Transmutation is an option
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Give up willpower, 5 wizards on body, jewelry plus weapon overwhelming, vma resto.
    Options
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can still run wizards Riposte, it's still good. You just need it on both bars. Passive Minor maim is still really strong. It's way more mitigation than trans and about as good as impreg but with way better 2-4 bonuses.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on August 13, 2018 12:34AM
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can still run wizards Riposte, it's still good. You just need it on both bars. Passive Minor maim is still really strong. It's way more mitigation than trans and about as good as impreg but with way better 2-4 bonuses.

Transmutation is also a buff, meaning it can't be cleansed. Its also the only back bar-able magicka defensive set besides wizards reposte. The nerf to reposte is substantial, if you're looking to play the same style, with a near 100% uptime back bar magicka defensive set, you've got 1 option. Transmutation.

You could always slot immovable brute or annulment and back bar armor master. It'll provide more mitigation than trans, but it's selfish and takes a bar slot and activation of a skill. It has the same 2 pc bonus as reposte, making the only difference the 3pc which is physical resistance instead of spell dmg.

Other options would be giving up willpower or changing your bars so you're constantly going back and forth to help uptime. Personally, I'm on both bars every 5 seconds at least.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    So i'm doing full glass cannon next patch i think on my Magplar

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=78310

Going to ruin someones day i think.

Already tried it ... It was horrible ... Was slightly better with grothdar

Was much better when I dropped mother's sorrow for treasure hunter

This makes no sense.

Why use Grothdarr for a ranged build?

Why use a Major Prophecy set at all when Templar can use Reflective Light or spell crit pots or Mage Light?

Do you even play magicka classes?

Yes I do, I swapped out vamp bane and mother's sorrow for treasure hunter and I put on grothdar and used dark flare, purifying light this usually procs grothdar, into toppling charge, sweeps and finish with radiant destruction

Rarely need my ultimate, I keep a defensive ult on my offence bat and offence on my defence bar so o use the to switch gears so to speak

Yes I'm not the greatest player but I find this works for me and my slow fingers

Some of the comments in this thread make me wonder if using the same build on different platforms and/or servers will yield completely deviating results. On PC-EU I can absolutely not see this working at all except zerg surfing and you could do that with a lvl 10 without skills unlocked.

Going into melee as a Templar is just a no-go unless using a turtle build with Zaan ( on PC-EU ). How on earth can you land Dark Flare on an aware opponent in a 1on1 ? And Sweeps will not put pressure on any even moderately competent opponent ( on PC-EU ).

On paper, a nuking build using Axiom and War Maiden can generate crazy numbers ( on PC-EU ), in practice that again only works for zerg-surfing though ( on PC-EU ) and you're toast without being able to hide in the crowd ( Yes, I've run this even before the empower nerf and interrupt changes extensively ).

Well, landing a dark flare 1v1 usually is something like:

Flare - Roll Dodge
    Panacea - Attack that's negated
    Flare - Dodge
    Flare - Dodge
    Flare - Dead with no stam

Just tap block the

No, you give up willpower for pariah
    Options
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭
    It's way more mitigation than trans and about as good as impreg but with way better 2-4 bonuses.

I think the real benefit to impreg and transmutation (over wiz riposte) is being able to wear traits other than impenetrable and redistribute your red CP.

Been long wondering how some stam players seem to be able to take so little damage -- and I think impreg is it.
    Edited by srnm on August 13, 2018 11:45AM
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have replaced with transmutation and taken all my cp out of crit resist (48 points). I have then split them between light armour focus (3k extra resistance) and iron clad( an extra 8%). I have 100% uptime on trans meaning 3.3k crit resist while still maintaining similar dmg mitigation that wizards was giving except now I have it up all the time! I had to put 2 tri glyphs on to replace the lost 1k hp from wizards but I means I get an extra 1k ish stam (now at 18.2k) and 39k mag instead of 40k (I'm argonian).
    I also have the same spell dmg as before but roughly 200 more mag recovery.
    I find this current build to be the same if not better than using wizards imo
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I have replaced with transmutation and taken all my cp out of crit resist (48 points). I have then split them between light armour focus (3k extra resistance) and iron clad( an extra 8%). I have 100% uptime on trans meaning 3.3k crit resist while still maintaining similar dmg mitigation that wizards was giving except now I have it up all the time! I had to put 2 tri glyphs on to replace the lost 1k hp from wizards but I means I get an extra 1k ish stam (now at 18.2k) and 39k mag instead of 40k (I'm argonian).
    I also have the same spell dmg as before but roughly 200 more mag recovery.
    I find this current build to be the same if not better than using wizards imo

Interesting.
    Mind post what sets you using other than transmutation?
    Edited cause my maths were wrong lol.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on August 13, 2018 11:10AM
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't do heavy its way less dmg and sustain - light is by far superior with it's passivs.
    I run 5/1/1 light
    pirate skeleton
    shacklebreaker
    transmutation (back bar)
    dw willpower swords (front) 1 x nern 1 x infused - shock and beserker enchants
    39k mag
    18.2k stam
    25k hp
    2450 spell dmg (unbuffed)
    1820 mag recovery
    3.3k crit resist (buffed with trans)
    26k spell resist ( buffed)
    24k physical resist (buffed)
    argonian
    tri stat food
    vampire.
    This build is excellent mix of dmg, sustain and tankyness. I'm surprised my toon not dead with the amount of cancer ppl say it has
    Edited by Syiccal on August 13, 2018 10:45AM
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't do heavy its way less dmg and sustain - light is by far superior with it's passivs.
    I run 5/1/1 light
    pirate skeleton
    shacklebreaker
    transmutation (back bar)
    39k mag
    18.2k stam
    25k hp
    1820 mag recovery
    argonian
    tri stat food
    vampire.
    This build is excellent mix of dmg, sustain and tankyness. I'm surprised my toon not dead with the amount of cancer ppl say it has

what's your opinion of impreg instead of transmutation?
    Will free up more cp points or traits.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    impregnable needs to be double bar'd. so you will have to drop something . I prefer I defensive set on back which carried over (trans or wizards pre nerf) and dmg on the front
    Options
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=79640

Idea behind the build is that you have two different attack bars.

Frost Staff bar
    1. Buff with Strudy Horn ulti
    2. Get into opponent face with Explosive charge (because you're explosive). Need to stay in melee range so Ashen Grip proc hits opponent.
    3. Put down Blood Alter (very important for survival)
    4. Hit opponent with Soul splitting Soul. It has a visual que most players wont recognize and will surely confuse them.
    5. Then spam Elemental Ring. Read some posts by a user called Columbo who is convinced this ability is OP. Be sure to stay in opponents face because your an Orc and for the Ashen Grip procs.
    6. Radiant Ward is your Oh crap button. It's the only templar defensive skill so by logic it's got to be really good!

Bow bar
    1. This is our ranged attack bar. You should always be attacking with this build. That's why we went with Orc.
    2. We are going to build our house first by putting down Ring of Preservation. We use this instead our our class skill in case we have to dodge roll as this will reduce that cost by 20%
    3. Here is where we get tricky. Put down Propelling Shield. Not only does this protect you from all the Warlords out there who will fire scattershot catapults at you, this increases the range of our abilities by 7 meters.
    4. Cast Radiant aura. Be sure to do this after the Propelling Shield is down to take advatage of the extra range. Yes it's expensive, but after the 11th hit from Dark Flare you'll begin to recoup the cost. How's that for min-max theory-crafting!
    5. Spam the crap out of Dark Flare. Be sure to weave the bow in between attacks, it's important as the shock enchant will proc our Ilambris Monster helm..
    6. If you get zerged down, you have the Baleful Mist morph. We take this because we're an Orc and thus should always take the morph that does more damage.

You've got two proc sets to aid your already high damaging abilities that will confuse your opponents if up close and will out-range them thanks to propelling shield if in a ranged situation.

We use the Curse-Eater set which frees up a bar slot since we no longer need to use Extended Ritual. Versatility is key.

We go with green magicka food to boost our attack stat as much as possible.

We use the Steed Mundas so we are faster than our opponents as thus allow our Ashen Grip procs to hit (which in turn procs Ilambris).

Went with 5 medium because Orcs don't wear Light Armor. Plus I like the aesthetics.

The bloodthirsty trait on one of your rings makes your attacks even more devastating against low health foes.

I recommend getting a high quality recording and video editing program to dazzle your guildmates with the 1vX clips you'll soon have!

So this is the awesome non meta build you used to kill me the other day. Sob many magicka templar tears
    [url=" https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d1/1e/69/d11e693697cbf8bcbcd40d89a0c0675e--snape-harry-potter-harry-potter-memes.jpg ."][/url]

Thanks for the smile. The steed, i had forgotten the steed....

Edited by aetherial_heavenn on August 13, 2018 11:57AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only got to play for a little bit after updating but the Templar changes seem great. I need to test solar barrage more to see if it's worth keeping on my bar. It seems like it could be decent pressure and help with pulling nbs out of cloak.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tell me about Jesus beam please , I'm console
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So far the damage difference is barely noticable in the few fights I've used it in. I actually went and put dark flare back on instead of radiant and was able to kill the people that radiant couldn't.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

So far the damage difference is barely noticable in the few fights I've used it in. I actually went and put dark flare back on instead of radiant and was able to kill the people that radiant couldn't.

I didn't try Jesus beam yet so this is disappointing to hear
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The people i was fighting were pretty tanky too though, I'll try it again later on against some softer targets lol.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The people i was fighting were pretty tanky too though, I'll try it again later on against some softer targets lol.

I don't have bar space for it so I'm almost hoping I still don't want it use it :D
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 5/1/1 light
    pirate skeleton
    shacklebreaker
    transmutation (back bar)
    39k mag
    18.2k stam
    25k hp
    1820 mag recovery
    argonian
    tri stat food
    vampire.

You'll find you can get more sustain and damage, with the same main stats on a heavy armour build by just not using defensive sets.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind going light for "extra damage" to then just run defensive sets. It just seems counter-intuitive.

Not to mention the 5 set passives on light armour literally only affect 50% of players, anyone running a shield isn't being crit and isn't taking any extra damage due to your added penetration.

Radiant is still big on Xbox-EU, I haven't taken it off of my bar in a while and whilst I am seeing some of the 5% heals through it that Joy_Division clipped, I'm more often than not, getting the kill - that's as it is without the buff.

Someone said it the other day, that there's a big difference in what works across platforms - I think that's accurate.
    Edited by BNOC on August 13, 2018 2:43PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    I run 5/1/1 light
    pirate skeleton
    shacklebreaker
    transmutation (back bar)
    39k mag
    18.2k stam
    25k hp
    1820 mag recovery
    argonian
    tri stat food
    vampire.

You'll find you can get more sustain and recovery, with the same main stats on a heavy armour build by just not using defensive sets.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind going light for "extra damage" to then just run defensive sets. It just seems counter-intuitive.

Not to mention the 5 set passives on light armour literally only affect 50% of players, anyone running a shield isn't being crit and isn't taking any extra damage due to your added penetration.

It's been ages since I used heavy but I recently made the switch to try it out after @Lexxypwns post.
    Tbh I didn't notice much difference in damage from switching out riposte to an offensive heavy set.
    On paper the 5k penetrations 10 percent crit should outweigh the 2000 more mag I get from going shackle but in reality my killingpower seems about the same.
    Since I blockcast alot, heavy with 3 offensive sets seems to give me same survivability like light with 2 defensive sets.
    What I could kill or couldn't kill before or after switching hasn't really changed.
    Gonna try out light with transmutation next to see how it compares with heavy.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on August 13, 2018 3:04PM
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 5/1/1 light
    pirate skeleton
    shacklebreaker
    transmutation (back bar)
    39k mag
    18.2k stam
    25k hp
    1820 mag recovery
    argonian
    tri stat food
    vampire.

You'll find you can get more sustain and damage, with the same main stats on a heavy armour build by just not using defensive sets.

Radiant is still big on Xbox-EU, I haven't taken it off of my bar in a while and whilst I am seeing some of the 5% heals through it that Joy_Division clipped, I'm more often than not, getting the kill - that's as it is without the buff.

Someone said it the other day, that there's a big difference in what works across platforms - I think that's accurate.

Weird, on PC the only people that I see using radiant alot are zergling Xv1er's that use it on full health targets. Most of the good or known templars on PC aren't using it. That might change soon since radiant DID get buffed.
    Edited by Akinos on August 13, 2018 3:10PM
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 5/1/1 light
    pirate skeleton
    shacklebreaker
    transmutation (back bar)
    39k mag
    18.2k stam
    25k hp
    1820 mag recovery
    argonian
    tri stat food
    vampire.

You'll find you can get more sustain and recovery, with the same main stats on a heavy armour build by just not using defensive sets.

It's been ages since I used heavy but I recently made the switch to try it out after @Lexxypwns post.
    Tbh I didn't notice much difference in damage from switching out riposte to an offensive heavy set.
    On paper the 5k penetrations 10 percent crit should outweigh the 2000 more mag I get from going shackle but in reality my killingpower seems about the same.
    Since I blockcast alot, heavy with 3 offensive sets seems to give me same survivability like light with 2 defensive sets.
    What I could kill or couldn't kill before or after switching hasn't really changed.

Yeah give it a whirl and let us know! At the end of the day it's all preference and we're lucky enough to have the options I guess!
    I run 5/1/1 light
    pirate skeleton
    shacklebreaker
    transmutation (back bar)
    39k mag
    18.2k stam
    25k hp
    1820 mag recovery
    argonian
    tri stat food
    vampire.

Weird, on PC the only people that I see using radiant alot are the ones that use it on full health targets. Most of the good or known templars on PC aren't using it. That might change soon since radiant DID get buffed.

Yeah, I read the same comments in a few posts and obviously I've seen the clips of it being utterly useless on PC, but I just don't experience the same struggle on console - Not frequent enough to warrant not using it anyway.

Looking forward to giving it a go myself.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't listen to the hate. I have been using it since forever and it is the bomb. For a melee magplar like me it is a must have for picking off targets and turning the tide.
    Edited by Datolite on August 13, 2018 3:33PM
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 5/1/1 light
    pirate skeleton
    shacklebreaker
    transmutation (back bar)
    39k mag
    18.2k stam
    25k hp
    1820 mag recovery
    argonian
    tri stat food
    vampire.

The crit you probably won't notice due to impen, CP, or crit resistance sets

The penetration varies with Shields and armor users. Against a light armor you won't notice much because of their already low resistance being penetrated and/or Shields

Even then, 5k pen is worth approximately 8% dmg.

If your attack is dealing, let's say 4k in PvP, you'll see a grand total of like 300 dmg increase so 4k vs 4.3k (hardly a noticeable difference at all)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    How is the patch treating us?
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 5/1/1 light
    pirate skeleton
    shacklebreaker
    transmutation (back bar)
    39k mag
    18.2k stam
    25k hp
    1820 mag recovery
    argonian
    tri stat food
    vampire.

The penetration varies with Shields and armor users. Against a light armor you won't notice much because of their already low resistance being penetrated and/or Shields

If your attack is dealing, let's say 4k in PvP, you'll see a grand total of like 300 dmg increase so 4k vs 4.3k (hardly a noticeable difference at all)

Tried swapping out heavy shackle for trans now.
    With comparable recovery, stam and health my sweep hits for around 300 more per tick in pve. I could get the damage higher but then I'd end up with significantly less non damage stats. Not sure how the mechanics of the 50 percent less damage in pvp works.
    Is it calculated before or after mitigation?
    Edited by Ariades_swe on August 13, 2018 5:35PM
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 5/1/1 light
    pirate skeleton
    shacklebreaker
    transmutation (back bar)
    39k mag
    18.2k stam
    25k hp
    1820 mag recovery
    argonian
    tri stat food
    vampire.

Tried swapping out heavy shackle for trans now.
    With comparable recovery, stam and health my sweep hits for around 300 more per tick in pve. I could get the damage higher but then I'd end up with significantly less non damage stats. Not sure how the mechanics of the 50 percent less damage in pvp works.
    Is it calculated before or after mitigation?

Why are you wearing trans in pve ?
    Options