Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Magplar PvP

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @TheDoomsdayMonster hate to burst your bubble but rooting and snare poisons still hard counter mist form

Yeah...those bugs still exist and do show up from time to time.

But that's ok, by and large, Mist Form does its job and removes Snares/Roots/Immobilizations, so its worth it...

Also, as a counterpoint, I use Major Evasion in conjunction with Elusive Mist...

So if I passively dodge an attack, I also dodge whatever Poison the attacker had slotted...

;)

Gotta say @TheDoomsdayMonster I did become a vampire, only got to level 4 thus far and haven't been able to morph it; but - the escapability is nice.

Freed up my Stam, allowed me to switch Mundus, eleviated sustain issues. And now I'm looking for a different 2nd set because the sload meta caught me. Sload and Knight Slayer was on my recap (3.5k Slayer is a pia)

Looking at heavy sets

Glad you are liking it (wait until you are able to Morph it; then it'll truly shine)... :)

As pertains the Sloads Meta, there isn't a lot of counterplay against it right now other than to Cleanse it or out heal it...

After the update, however, the Sloads proc will be dodgeable (as will be Rune Cage)...

Is your Warden Stamina or Magicka btw?

If he's Magicka, then Spectre's Eye crafted in Heavy would give you a chance to passively dodge both of these...

Just an idea...

:)
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on August 10, 2018 5:34AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=79640

Idea behind the build is that you have two different attack bars.

Frost Staff bar
    1. Buff with Strudy Horn ulti
    2. Get into opponent face with Explosive charge (because you're explosive). Need to stay in melee range so Ashen Grip proc hits opponent.
    3. Put down Blood Alter (very important for survival)
    4. Hit opponent with Soul splitting Soul. It has a visual que most players wont recognize and will surely confuse them.
    5. Then spam Elemental Ring. Read some posts by a user called Columbo who is convinced this ability is OP. Be sure to stay in opponents face because your an Orc and for the Ashen Grip procs.
    6. Radiant Ward is your Oh crap button. It's the only templar defensive skill so by logic it's got to be really good!

Bow bar
    1. This is our ranged attack bar. You should always be attacking with this build. That's why we went with Orc.
    2. We are going to build our house first by putting down Ring of Preservation. We use this instead our our class skill in case we have to dodge roll as this will reduce that cost by 20%
    3. Here is where we get tricky. Put down Propelling Shield. Not only does this protect you from all the Warlords out there who will fire scattershot catapults at you, this increases the range of our abilities by 7 meters.
    4. Cast Radiant aura. Be sure to do this after the Propelling Shield is down to take advatage of the extra range. Yes it's expensive, but after the 11th hit from Dark Flare you'll begin to recoup the cost. How's that for min-max theory-crafting!
    5. Spam the crap out of Dark Flare. Be sure to weave the bow in between attacks, it's important as the shock enchant will proc our Ilambris Monster helm..
    6. If you get zerged down, you have the Baleful Mist morph. We take this because we're an Orc and thus should always take the morph that does more damage.

You've got two proc sets to aid your already high damaging abilities that will confuse your opponents if up close and will out-range them thanks to propelling shield if in a ranged situation.

We use the Curse-Eater set which frees up a bar slot since we no longer need to use Extended Ritual. Versatility is key.

We go with green magicka food to boost our attack stat as much as possible.

We use the Steed Mundas so we are faster than our opponents as thus allow our Ashen Grip procs to hit (which in turn procs Ilambris).

Went with 5 medium because Orcs don't wear Light Armor. Plus I like the aesthetics.

The bloodthirsty trait on one of your rings makes your attacks even more devastating against low health foes.

I recommend getting a high quality recording and video editing program to dazzle your guildmates with the 1vX clips you'll soon have!
    Edited by Joy_Division on August 10, 2018 8:34AM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    So i'm doing full glass cannon next patch i think on my Magplar

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=78310

Going to ruin someones day i think.

Already tried it ... It was horrible ... Was slightly better with grothdar

Was much better when I dropped mother's sorrow for treasure hunter
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Oh oh...

Its too early for me to make a full thread about Swift on a Magplar (I have more testing to do), but I will say this, the Swift Trait synergies better with my Magplar escape idea than I ever expected...

It absolutely gives you TRUE escape capability...

The days of using Mist to delay the inevitable? Unless you get yourself into a really bad situation, then those days are over...

Now that I've tasted Swift, I don't know if I can go back to Arcane x3 for open world play..

Interesting.

I"ll have to try this because God knows Templar needs some kind of escape ability and elusive mist doesn't cut it.

I don't know who is behind this game's PvP - but I can promise you they don't play Templar.

Oh man, I've been testing two different builds with Swift the past two days:

1) Swift x3 (two offensive sets, one defensive)...

2) Swift x2, Arcane x1 (three defensive sets)...

The results have been amazing so far...

On the Swift x3 build, I have found that I can actually drop Mighty Chudan x2 for Skoria as the synergy of Swift x3, Spectre's Eye x5 (Major Evasion while Misting), Acceleraing Drain, Wild Running, and Vampire Lord (makes Elusive Mist cheaper to cast and makes Devouring Swarm hit harder, cheaper, and increases its Healing) gives so much survivability...

Whenever you are attacked, just Mist away...

Very, very, few can keep up with you, and for those that can, Hard Stun them with Accelerating Drain (immediately cancel out of it as you'll still get the 20 seconds of Minor Expedition) and then start Misting; they wont be able to keep up with you anymore...

On build number two, I am nearly unkillable; I can only be zerged down, and that's only if they can catch me (and I escaped being zerged down several times today on this build)...

The only concern is that each Swift Trait drops your Offensive/Healing output significantly...

As a result, I am not sure if its a good idea to go with Swift x3 on the purely Defensive Build as I still want to be able to burst people down...

At Swift x2, I can burst some people down just barely; I have doubts I would still be able to burst these same opponents down at Swift x3...

I'm definitely going to have to try this. Thanks for the advice. ^^
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

This makes no sense.

Why use Grothdarr for a ranged build?

Why use a Major Prophecy set at all when Templar can use Reflective Light or spell crit pots or Mage Light?

Do you even play magicka classes?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frost Staff bar
    2. Get into opponent face with Explosive charge (because you're explosive). Need to stay in melee range so Ashen Grip proc hits opponent.
    4. Hit opponent with Soul splitting Soul. It has a visual que most players wont recognize and will surely confuse them.
    5. Then spam Elemental Ring. Read some posts by a user called Columbo who is convinced this ability is OP. Be sure to stay in opponents face because your an Orc and for the Ashen Grip procs.
    6. Radiant Ward is your Oh crap button. It's the only templar defensive skill so by logic it's got to be really good!

Bow bar
    1. This is our ranged attack bar. You should always be attacking with this build. That's why we went with Orc.
    2. We are going to build our house first by putting down Ring of Preservation. We use this instead our our class skill in case we have to dodge roll as this will reduce that cost by 20%
    3. Here is where we get tricky. Put down Propelling Shield. Not only does this protect you from all the Warlords out there who will fire scattershot catapults at you, this increases the range of our abilities by 7 meters.
    4. Cast Radiant aura. Be sure to do this after the Propelling Shield is down to take advatage of the extra range. Yes it's expensive, but after the 11th hit from Dark Flare you'll begin to recoup the cost. How's that for min-max theory-crafting!
    5. Spam the crap out of Dark Flare. Be sure to weave the bow in between attacks, it's important as the shock enchant will proc our Ilambris Monster helm..
    6. If you get zerged down, you have the Baleful Mist morph. We take this because we're an Orc and thus should always take the morph that does more damage.

You've got two proc sets to aid your already high damaging abilities that will confuse your opponents if up close and will out-range them thanks to propelling shield if in a ranged situation.

We use the Curse-Eater set which frees up a bar slot since we no longer need to use Extended Ritual. Versatility is key.

We use the Steed Mundas so we are faster than our opponents as thus allow our Ashen Grip procs to hit (which in turn procs Ilambris).

Went with 5 medium because Orcs don't wear Light Armor. Plus I like the aesthetics.

The bloodthirsty trait on one of your rings makes your attacks even more devastating against low health foes.

I recommend getting a high quality recording and video editing program to dazzle your guildmates with the 1vX clips you'll soon have!

For the lol's ^^
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frost Staff bar

Bow bar

I, uh... what even is this

I'm scared
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frost Staff bar

Bow bar

I'm scared

The ultimate 1vx magplar build, duh.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frost Staff bar

Bow bar

I'm scared

Pretty obvious that this build is the new meta. Curse Eater/Ashen Grip on magplar is absolute genius, I don't know why we never thought of this before.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frost Staff bar

Bow bar

I'm scared

Pretty obvious that this build is the new meta. Curse Eater/Ashen Grip on magplar is absolute genius, I don't know why we never thought of this before.

Don't forget about Baleful Mist... ;,,,,;

The damage that thing puts out...it's terrifying!!!
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The ultimate 1vx magplar build, duh.

latest?cb=20130731073411

Spongebob!.jpg
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frost Staff bar

Bow bar

I'm scared

don't be scared; it has 33% weapon crit lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d rather run @Joy_Division build than @TheDoomsdayMonster
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:(
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But..

But...

With mines you can duplicate the ending of The Benny Hill Show!

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Frost Staff bar

Amazing. And this is still only the third worst build that's been posted in this mess of a thread.
    Edited by ccmedaddy on August 10, 2018 4:12PM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    &_&
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on August 10, 2018 5:47PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes no sense.

Why use a Major Prophecy set at all when Templar can use Reflective Light or spell crit pots or Mage Light?

Yes I do, I swapped out vamp bane and mother's sorrow for treasure hunter and I put on grothdar and used dark flare, purifying light this usually procs grothdar, into toppling charge, sweeps and finish with radiant destruction

Rarely need my ultimate, I keep a defensive ult on my offence bat and offence on my defence bar so o use the to switch gears so to speak

Yes I'm not the greatest player but I find this works for me and my slow fingers
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope the buff to radiant oppression makes it work a little better because right now it only seems to work if the person is being beat on by 5 other people.

I'll hit someone with low health 25%ish and more times then not they completly heal threw it.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes no sense.

Yes I do, I swapped out vamp bane and mother's sorrow for treasure hunter and I put on grothdar and used dark flare, purifying light this usually procs grothdar, into toppling charge, sweeps and finish with radiant destruction

Rarely need my ultimate, I keep a defensive ult on my offence bat and offence on my defence bar so o use the to switch gears so to speak

Yes I'm not the greatest player but I find this works for me and my slow fingers

So you played it the exact opposite way i want to play it?

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frost Staff bar

Bow bar

Impulse monkey spammer
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soris wrote: »

Frost Staff bar

Bow bar

Impulse monkey spammer
    Leave columba to rest in peace, please. The world has seen enough impulse monkey spam for now.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes no sense.

Some of the comments in this thread make me wonder if using the same build on different platforms and/or servers will yield completely deviating results. On PC-EU I can absolutely not see this working at all except zerg surfing and you could do that with a lvl 10 without skills unlocked.

Going into melee as a Templar is just a no-go unless using a turtle build with Zaan ( on PC-EU ). How on earth can you land Dark Flare on an aware opponent in a 1on1 ? And Sweeps will not put pressure on any even moderately competent opponent ( on PC-EU ).

On paper, a nuking build using Axiom and War Maiden can generate crazy numbers ( on PC-EU ), in practice that again only works for zerg-surfing though ( on PC-EU ) and you're toast without being able to hide in the crowd ( Yes, I've run this even before the empower nerf and interrupt changes extensively ).
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on August 11, 2018 6:54PM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes no sense.

Some of the comments in this thread make me wonder if using the same build on different platforms and/or servers will yield completely deviating results. On PC-EU I can absolutely not see this working at all except zerg surfing and you could do that with a lvl 10 without skills unlocked.

Going into melee as a Templar is just a no-go unless using a turtle build with Zaan ( on PC-EU ). How on earth can you land Dark Flare on an aware opponent in a 1on1 ? And Sweeps will not put pressure on any even moderately competent opponent ( on PC-EU ).

On paper, a nuking build using Axiom and War Maiden can generate crazy numbers ( on PC-EU ), in practice that again only works for zerg-surfing though ( on PC-EU ) and you're toast without being able to hide in the crowd ( Yes, I've run this even before the empower nerf and interrupt changes extensively ).

A ranged nuking build equally worthless 1v1. Gl killing a competent geared opponent with templar skills and force shock spam. Its good for zerg surfing tho.
    But it's a moot point. Two competent players have a hard time killing each other no matter what abilities they slot if they use non cheese armor.
    Why you see judges interrupting duels in tournaments then vote for a winner.
    As for EU-PC most players trash there as well.
    Just look when a certain popular streamer consistently owns 4 or 5 peeps using sweeps on a subpar build on EU.

Edited by Ariades_swe on August 11, 2018 8:41PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes no sense.

Well, landing a dark flare 1v1 usually is something like:

Flare - Roll Dodge
    Panacea - Attack that's negated
    Flare - Dodge
    Flare - Dodge
    Flare - Dead with no stam
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Build: Runs-On-Skooma

5 Clever/5 Skooma Smuggler/ 2 Pirate Skeleton/2 willpower, 5/1/1 light armor, Duel wield front, SnB backbar
    (Proc both sets off SnB backbar) Note: If you need explanation on how to backbar proc, this is not the build for you.

Traits for weapons: Nirn mainhand with sharpened off on the front. Powered 1h and Well fitted or sturdy shield.
    Traits for armor: all impen with 1-2 well fitted
    Enchantments: tristat big, max mag small
    Jewelry: All infused with Potion cooldown enchants.
    Race: ARGONIANS ONLY
    Food/Mundus: Tristat, Mage
    Mag: 37.5
    Health: 28
    Stam: 16
    Spl dmg: 4k fully buffed...generally 3500
    Recovery: Who cares...we chug potions
    CP: lots to list, but with not needing recovery just load like 83 points into sprint cost reduction. This combined with the 50% reduction from race against time and well fitted armor pieces will make sprinting cost damn near nothing.

Skills: Run what you want, just keep inner light on the front bar and race against time somewhere.

Pros: Enjoy being the fastest magplar on the field of battle. You will hit hard, have pretty decent survivablility, and have great kiting ability without using mistform!

Cons: Potions are pricey! Requires a large knowledge of magplar pvp mechanics and resource management to properly 1vX.

Sorry for the sloppy quick guide....I had it all nice and neat on UESP, but didnt have a registered account yet so I lost all the work...Enjoy!
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Build: Runs-On-Skooma

5 Clever/5 Skooma Smuggler/ 2 Pirate Skeleton/2 willpower, 5/1/1 light armor, Duel wield front, SnB backbar
    (Proc both sets off SnB backbar) Note: If you need explanation on how to backbar proc, this is not the build for you.

Traits for weapons: Nirn mainhand with sharpened off on the front. Powered 1h and Well fitted or sturdy shield.
    Traits for armor: all impen with 1-2 well fitted
    Enchantments: tristat big, max mag small
    Jewelry: All infused with Potion cooldown enchants.
    Race: ARGONIANS ONLY
    Food/Mundus: Tristat, Mage
    Mag: 37.5
    Health: 28
    Stam: 16
    Spl dmg: 4k fully buffed...generally 3500
    Recovery: Who cares...we chug potions
    CP: lots to list, but with not needing recovery just load like 83 points into sprint cost reduction. This combined with the 50% reduction from race against time and well fitted armor pieces will make sprinting cost damn near nothing.

Skills: Run what you want, just keep inner light on the front bar and race against time somewhere.

Pros: Enjoy being the fastest magplar on the field of battle. You will hit hard, have pretty decent survivablility, and have great kiting ability without using mistform!

Cons: Potions are pricey! Requires a large knowledge of magplar pvp mechanics and resource management to properly 1vX.

Sorry for the sloppy quick guide....I had it all nice and neat on UESP, but didnt have a registered account yet so I lost all the work...Enjoy!

Sounds fun, doesn't sound like it hits hard though, but probably hard enough. Which pots do you run since you're gaining speed already?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brutusmax1mus immovable magicka health pots, tri pots, and lingering health...ide definitely suggest running something that gives back magicka tho...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes no sense.

So you played it the exact opposite way i want to play it?

I don't know ... I *** remember reading how you wanted to play it.

Truth be templars are awesome cos if this exact reason though ... Two people can run the exact same build but did to different playstyle have complete different levels of success
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes no sense.

I'm on PS4 ... I use different sets depending on my mood and group size

Who says the players are aware ...lol

It's a bit of rework of this playstyle

https://youtu.be/X9tyuxSD8fY