The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Class Rep] Dragonknight Feedback Thread

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    People think DK needs mobility BECAUSE it lacks identity. The class needs to return to its roots of standing your ground, not kiting people around rocks like a sorc. Interesting mechanics like gaining defense or dodge chance while standing inside your own cinder storm are needed again- not mobility mechanics. If that’s no longer the identity zos wants for DK, they need to say it outright. Because the class has been floundering since the console update overhaul, and zos (and tons of tunnel-visioned, whiny players) seem to hate the very idea that DK was based around.

The old stamDK was a perfect stand your ground class. Community hated it. They still hate it. And the stand your ground playstyle will never come back, without taking back all those nerfs after nerfs.

So I would say its better to give them a new identity based on a balance between tankyness/mobility/damage and most importantly sustain , rather than standing your ground by outsustaining everyone in your path.

As of right now DK tankyness and mobility feels fine. additional steps needed for stamDK damage output and Dk sustain in general needs some help. You know things are dumb when you're getting outsustained by magsorcs/stamblades, as a stamDK, the ''outsustain'' class.

Key to fixing these issues are class passives and igneous weapons/molten armaments. Also a few abilities with stamina morphs could empower the ''venom knight'' part of stamDk. I think DKs should have passives that reward them for using light or medium armor setups.

Nightblades for example have this passive which gives them extended uptime on their major resistance buffs, if they wear more heavy armor. Its a good way of encouraging the non meta playstyle , and Could be applied into DKs aswell.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 26, 2018 7:58AM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to complement the above, I fear even reverting all the nerfs won't help the stand your ground playstyle. It's just a deadend in the new content - no such thing as stand your ground applied to Asylum or Cloudrest. High mobility is something dictated by how the game have changed.

It's really death by a thousand cuts, I don't think it's only about sustain. Medium armor doesn't provide any survivability to melee, nowhere near compared to safety given to magicka by range and shields (sheesh, last time I cleared vMA on stamDK, it was in Iceheart monster set, and it didn't matter that 1-piece bonus is the useless spell critical - shields mattered so much the difference was more than noticeable). Sustain based on resource return from ultimate doesn't match the opportunistic, mobile nature of combat in new trials. Mobility of character might be there, but not mobility of damage: sDKs rely on huge part of their damage given by Hail, a tiny ground DoT that gets less and less effective in mobile combat. And it goes on and on.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People think DK needs mobility BECAUSE it lacks identity. The class needs to return to its roots of standing your ground, not kiting people around rocks like a sorc. Interesting mechanics like gaining defense or dodge chance while standing inside your own cinder storm are needed again- not mobility mechanics. If that’s no longer the identity zos wants for DK, they need to say it outright. Because the class has been floundering since the console update overhaul, and zos (and tons of tunnel-visioned, whiny players) seem to hate the very idea that DK was based around.

The old stamDK was a perfect stand your ground class. Community hated it. They still hate it. And the stand your ground playstyle will never come back, without taking back all those nerfs after nerfs.

So I would say its better to give them a new identity based on a balance between tankyness/mobility/damage and most importantly sustain , rather than standing your ground by outsustaining everyone in your path.

As of right now DK tankyness and mobility feels fine. additional steps needed for stamDK damage output and Dk sustain in general needs some help. You know things are dumb when you're getting outsustained by magsorcs/stamblades, as a stamDK, the ''outsustain'' class.

The reason it was hated was because you could tank a godly amount of damage and still kill people. Personally I´m perfectly fine with it, BUT

not if it´s done by exploiting broken mechanics and broken sets, which was the main reason stamDK´s could have that playstyle between One Tamriel and Dragonbones. I can give specific examples if people want since those sets and bugs are fixed by know (even though there´re probably new bugs out there exploited by several people....)

But when those things were fixed DK´s where actually more balanced. Then ZOS nerfed block-cost and suddenly the "stand-your-ground" playstyle became less viable.

I don´t think stamDK´s (or magDK´s) are bad in PvP. Sure they´re not in the top of the food chain but I don´t think 1vX is a good benchmark for saying a class is bad or good.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

The reason it was hated was because you could tank a godly amount of damage and still kill people. Personally I´m perfectly fine with it, BUT

not if it´s done by exploiting broken mechanics and broken sets, which was the main reason stamDK´s could have that playstyle between One Tamriel and Dragonbones. I can give specific examples if people want since those sets and bugs are fixed by know (even though there´re probably new bugs out there exploited by several people....)

But when those things were fixed DK´s where actually more balanced. Then ZOS nerfed block-cost and suddenly the "stand-your-ground" playstyle became less viable.

I don´t think stamDK´s (or magDK´s) are bad in PvP. Sure they´re not in the top of the food chain but I don´t think 1vX is a good benchmark for saying a class is bad or good.

Well sadly stamdk is the weakest class for anything else. The only spec they beat is magwarden in 1vX capabilities and in any other situation stamdk is the weakest spec out there.

I can't imagine we'll every see a "stand your ground" stamdk again too many things have been changed in order to nerf those specs and they won't reverse them.
    I mean they said sloads is there to counter tanks as if there was still a tank meta.
    Face tanking isn't a thing, most survivability is gained via LoS and damage avoidance (purge, dodge, cloak) if you gave stamdk the full toolkit to be a perfect stand your ground class you'd probably encounter the issue that people would use the very good open combat survivability and increase it further with Los etc and then people will cry again.

• ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    My Pain Points
    • Playing stamDk is not fun.
      Playstyle is generic. Having to run to or from the opponent(s) feels weird and weak in an environment where everyone has a teleport and/or is ranged pew-pew-ing at you. Berserker playstyle should be desirable in some way.

• Counterplay should be rewarded
      For instance: using volatile armor to spot a cloaking Nightblade is miserable. He can just cloak right after.
      Trying to use a proactive playstyle, always thinking what your next move can be, is not expected nor rewarded by this game.
      This is the reason ESO pvp will never be competitive. Unless something does change in the direction.
      Check league of legends for reference on this point.

• Wings is counterintuitive
      Reflecting JUST SOME bullet type skills (?) . Still being affected by status effects (???)

• The person who is supposed to represent the class is a magDK main
      No argumentation needed here. The rep meeting note is basically what, 80% magdk?

Edited by ChildOfLight on July 27, 2018 3:30PM
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

StamDK has absolutely zero value in group play(unless you go double defile sets and goof around). So 1vX and small scale is the only benchmark I can try on.

Also, just to remind you, stamDK itself died back in morrowind nerfs with majority of the builds the class had to offer, though the ''nerfs'' to blocking allowed some silly permablock builds, which meant you either used full sturdy+shield-play permablock builds or you were weak. After they properly nerfed block this time, things started to become more obvious.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 27, 2018 11:40AM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second character I ever created on ESO was a stamina dragonknight. It was a rough experience, and it's the only max level character I've ever deleted. Take that for what you will in terms of what it says about the state of the stamina dragonknight. Some of the things that were pain points from back then would be less of an issue for me now, but thinking about future characters, I'm not sure I ever want to try to make a stamina dragonknight again. Here's the essence of why:
    • Stamina dragonknight doesn't seem to have any solid damage dealing abilities. It has a couple damage over time abilities, but nothing that hits hard up front. You have to use weapon skills for that, and I found that bothersome as my character's class identity didn't really mean anything. I think the best candidate for a switch would be Stonefist. I always thought it bizarre that a giant fist of stone did magic damage and cost magicka. Switching it to physical seems logical, and having at least one morph that is stamina-based. A caustic whip might be neat as well, probably a replacement for the Molten Whip morph.

There were other issues I had too, but those were more because I was new to playing a stamina class and this was also back in the pre-CP days. These days, I have more experience on the magicka side of dragonknight. My character there is a dunmer vampire and something of a swashbuckler, so he prefers to wield melee weapons. That in of itself perhaps makes it predictable what my biggest pain point is for magicka dragonknight for me:
    • Magicka dragonknight abilities seem to encourage close range combat, but there is no weapon skill line that complements that. Yes, you can wield a staff in melee. It's just weird to me, especially on a magicka dragonknight. When Summerset was announced, I crossed my fingers a melee-magicka weapon line would come out to let me really finish this character. I'm still crossing my fingers it will happen eventually. I love him as he is now, but man... his light attacks and heavy attacks are a joke and I have to watch his resources like a hawk.
    Edited by Starlock on July 27, 2018 4:31PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [*] The person who is supposed to represent the class is a magDK main
    No argumentation needed here. The rep meeting note is basically what, 80% magdk?
    [/list]
    From the class rep meeting:
    Dragonknights: Stamina DKs feel left out
    Stam DKs want more class harmony and don’t feel Noxious Breath is worth using S
    Dragonknights appreciate the changes to Wings and the intent behind World in Ruin (although stam DKs would like a bit more here) S
    Mag DKs feedback says Powerlash stun impedes their ability to control opponents. M
    Searing Strike and Fiery Breath are not easy to land on opponents. Perhaps make Searing Strike 7 meters? B
    PvE - Stamina and magicka sustain needs helps. B
    PvE – Engulfing flames. Will send specific feedback to ZOS about how the expectation that the tank will provide this buff leads to pigeonholed PvE raid setups.

1 Mag, 2 stam 2 both and one tank oriented feedback I didn't add stam feeling left out since its more of a general message rather than targetted feedback.

I'd focus on lack of identity and abilities for stam that compete with the meta. Just a weak stamden.
    Seriously limited passives.
    The continuous erosion, as seen with sloads, of stand your ground without ample recompense. (2s on wings after lots of asking vs an untethered teleport, cloak, easy speed access on NBs)

The rep feedback is not what I would have put for either classes. (Bar QoL with SS/FB and whip stun being stupid.) But its not like the rep is imposing a MagDK dominance. From 1.6 to CwC with a few surges with old desert rose meta, MagDK was *** tier, wheras StamDK was decent comparatively until 7th nerf, though it did take a lot of meta nerfs with block/shuffle where MDK could ride on the coat tails of sorc/NB to play sticks and staves.
    Edited by ak_pvp on July 28, 2018 2:51AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As magdk dps in pvp

My 2 pain in the ass points are.

1 Execute ability is needed
    2 sustain
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • seventyfive
    seventyfive
    ✭✭✭
    My top 2 pain points:

1. Coagulating blood is too expensive for what it does. The "Major Fortitude" bonus is extremely rarely any useful at all.
    2. Neither MagDK nor StamDK can compete with the other classes when it comes to DPS. Both need a slight push in the right direction.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. High cost of utility skills, Igneous/fragmented Shields need a cost reduction and spiked Armor and it's morphs needs a cost reduction.
    2. Noxious breath needs a better targeting system and a damage buff to put it more in line with shalks. It doesn't have to do as much damage as shalks does or be delayed burst but it needs a buff to warrant using in PvE or PvP.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Two more Pain Points for DK:

-Nightblades can cloak through our DOTs and take no damage. They're supposed to be invisible- not invulnerable. Adjust our DOTs so that they stay on target. Our DOTs shouldn't pull them out of stealth... but they should keep ticking while a NB is stealthed. The only way to get rid of DOTs should be purges (just like all the rest of us have to do!)

-Some of our abilities that are "undogeable" sure as hell get "missed" a lot. I don't understand the mechanic of this. If I can see a target, press the button for chains or leap, and then suddenly the attack doesn't connect... isn't that the exact same thing as "dodge"? ZOS just slapped a different word on it to make, yet again, another exception to our abilities.
    (The same goes for our Spiked Armor. I can see the word "miss" popping up all around me when I'm searching for a NB- but it doesn't actually pull them out of stealth... or damage them)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Nightblades can cloak through our DOTs and take no damage. They're supposed to be invisible- not invulnerable. Adjust our DOTs so that they stay on target. Our DOTs shouldn't pull them out of stealth... but they should keep ticking while a NB is stealthed. The only way to get rid of DOTs should be purges (just like all the rest of us have to do!)

-Some of our abilities that are "undogeable" sure as hell get "missed" a lot. I don't understand the mechanic of this. If I can see a target, press the button for chains or leap, and then suddenly the attack doesn't connect... isn't that the exact same thing as "dodge"? ZOS just slapped a different word on it to make, yet again, another exception to our abilities.
    (The same goes for our Spiked Armor. I can see the word "miss" popping up all around me when I'm searching for a NB- but it doesn't actually pull them out of stealth... or damage them)

I think the Leap specific issue is related to how it is programmed. If they are close to the max range when you launch and then they run further away, it appears as though the damage/flight does not actually follow them like it would with meteor. Instead it appears as though the damage stays at the "max" range from where you launched which results in "missed" damage if they move outside that range.

At least that is the most common way that I see misses popping up and I think the most likely interpretation. I do see occasional misses when someone dodge rolls, especially dodge roll into cloak.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think the Leap specific issue is related to how it is programmed. If they are close to the max range when you launch and then they run further away, it appears as though the damage/flight does not actually follow them like it would with meteor. Instead it appears as though the damage stays at the "max" range from where you launched which results in "missed" damage if they move outside that range.

At least that is the most common way that I see misses popping up and I think the most likely interpretation. I do see occasional misses when someone dodge rolls, especially dodge roll into cloak.

They can fix it by pasting the way chains works on to it, where it tags the target and pulls you to the target directly rather than to where they were when you casted it. Chains is clunky but funky. I just hope they go easier on the clunk if they do that to wings.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    I mostly agree with others, but I think what is really painfull for StamDk (pvp wise) is:

1) too slow ultimate regeneration which makes hard to actually use to high cost ultimate like corrosive armor and standard and truly benefit from battle roar. Indeed we're forced into cheaper offensive/defensive ultimates, which is one of the reasons of class boringness.

2) Helping hands should be reverted in his pre-Morrowind functioning. Its a totally wasted passive for stamDk (as many other passives btw).
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather say that DK's sustain should be detached from ultimate, and Battle Roar retired altogether. It just promotes that "stand your ground" playstyle that's not relevant anymore. I find myself waiting for ultimate not because I'll see how to use it for great effect, but because using it will refill my dwindling resources. It's very unhealthy in fights against anything that's actually not standing still while you're hitting it.
  • Reloader84
    Reloader84
    ✭✭✭
    I think that they should make Green Dragon Blood a stamina morph, and they should give us a stamina version of whip. The whip is basically to allow the Stamina DK another anytime ability that fits better into the class than the DW/1H/2H abilities especially in PvP. Green Dragon Blood would allow the Stamina DK to not HAVE to run 2h for a burst heal

For the whip, maybe have it do physical damage with an secondary effect which increases poison damage 2%, stackable up to 5 times with a 5s duration.

I do believe that these 2 abilities have been asked by the Stamina DK community for some time now so that they aren't pigeonholed into 1 of 2 play styles.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #staminawhip
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMystid wrote: »
    I mostly agree with others, but I think what is really painfull for StamDk (pvp wise) is:

1) too slow ultimate regeneration which makes hard to actually use to high cost ultimate like corrosive armor and standard and truly benefit from battle roar. Indeed we're forced into cheaper offensive/defensive ultimates, which is one of the reasons of class boringness.

2) Helping hands should be reverted in his pre-Morrowind functioning. Its a totally wasted passive for stamDk (as many other passives btw).

Faster ultgen alone would solve a lot of problems for both DKs. No discount on ult costs, no fast ult regen like that of NB and Warden and yet the sustain is tied to ult usage. I mean, I like sustain tied to ult usage but DK just don't generate ults fast enough to sustain and outsustain the enemy. DKs need that faster ultgen to balance the sustain for them so it opens up more options for them.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK has nothing particularly valuable in terms of passives and therefore they are most immune to power creep of any class, and it's damage skills are easily countered by 6 out of 10 classes. There's no way to fix it unless you're willing to give them something that will scale well over time as CP increases. As such, the obvious and easy answer would be to grant them percentage penetration as a passive or make our dots deal direct damage against damage shields.Make flames of oblivion cooler.. We have 3 skills that define us and one is about as threatening as an emote.

This would help slightly in PVE, but massively in PVP. I also think the whole poison route was the wrong way to go. Stam DK dots should have been bleeds, that fits more closely with the dragon them in my opinion. We are the heart of the dragon, not the serpent's spit. We need a means of better putting pressure on mag classes.

• Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Throwing this out there again for newer viewers:

StamDK:

Choking Talons: Deals poison damage. Synergy deals physical damage.
    Deep Breath: Deals poison damage.

(These two skills would help StamDKs gain more buy-in into the class and would benefit from the World-in-Ruin passive! It would help in PVE and PVP.)

MagDK:

Change Stone Fist (and it's morphs) to flame damage. Leave the ability's damage as-is... but add: Dealing damage to an enemy below 25% health deals an extra 250% damage.

MagDK and StamDK:

Change Flames of Oblivion to an AOE that scales off highest resource. Deals either flame damage or poison damage (benefits from World-in-Ruin)

Change Elder Dragon (passive) to: When activating an Elder Dragon skill- you gain one ultimate per enemy hit. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds. (So, the max is 6 extra points every 10 seconds because your skills only hit six people... and that's only if six people are around. So it can't be overly abused if only a couple of people are attacking you.)

This would get rid of the useless "Healing Received" passive and, since it stacks with Mountain's Blessing passive- it'll give us a little more dynamic ultimate regen... all the while- passively increasing both stamina and magic based regen.

Edited by Savos_Saren on August 2, 2018 2:44AM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

StamDK:

(These two skills would help StamDKs gain more buy-in into the class and would benefit from the World-in-Ruin passive! It would help in PVE and PVP.)

MagDK:

Change Stone Fist (and it's morphs) to flame damage. Leave the ability's damage as-is... but add: Dealing damage to an enemy below 25% health deals an extra 250% damage.

MagDK and StamDK:

Change Flames of Oblivion to an AOE that scales off highest resource. Deals either flame damage or poison damage (benefits from World-in-Ruin)

Change Elder Dragon (passive) to: When activating an Elder Dragon skill- you gain one ultimate per enemy hit. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds. (So, the max is 6 extra points every 10 seconds because your skills only hit six people... and that's only if six people are around. So it can't be overly abused if only a couple of people are attacking you.)

This would get rid of the useless "Healing Received" passive and, since it stacks with Mountain's Blessing passive- it'll give us a little more dynamic ultimate regen... all the while- passively increasing both stamina and magic based regen.

I disagree with Choking Talons change. This will leave mDKs who do not run Wizard's Riposte very vulnerable to the damage. I'd rather let stam have Burning Talons. MDKs need that readily accessible Minor Maim to stay alive long enough without being pigeonholed into running Wizard's Riposte.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

StamDK:

MagDK:

MagDK and StamDK:

I disagree with Choking Talons change. This will leave mDKs who do not run Wizard's Riposte very vulnerable to the damage. I'd rather let stam have Burning Talons. MDKs need that readily accessible Minor Maim to stay alive long enough without being pigeonholed into running Wizard's Riposte.

Thurvokun is also an option, but new pve tanks do need choking talons.

Inhale is a better candidate for a stam morph, IMO.
    Edited by NBrookus on August 2, 2018 2:48PM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

StamDK:

MagDK:

MagDK and StamDK:

Thurvokun is also an option, but new pve ranks do need choking talons.

Inhale is a better candidate for a stam morph, IMO.

Oh yeah, Thurvokun but I feel that it is too slow of a spread. And being a placed AOE, easy to side step around. I don't know about Inhale. I like that it gives magicka back but at the same time, I could probably live without it.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Either way- I feel that some of these AOE abilities should spread to the stamina-based characters. Definitely poison damage, though- since it will benefit from World-In-Ruin.

If ZOS chooses Burning Talons over Choking talons as the Poison morph- then they need to at least make Choking Talons do flame damage. Whichever morph of Inhale/Deep Breath needs to be poison with the other as fire damage.

I think we need to remind ZOS that DKs DO NOT get a bonus to poison or fire damage... we only get a bonus to AOE poison or fire damage. So, we don't benefit the same way that Sorcs (physical damage and shock damage), Wardens (frost and magic), Nightblades (weapon/spell damage while stealthed and ANY crit damage), or Templars (physical) get the straight bonus.
    Edited by Savos_Saren on August 2, 2018 6:16AM

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Either way- I feel that some of these AOE abilities should spread to the stamina-based characters. Definitely poison damage, though- since it will benefit from World-In-Ruin.

If ZOS chooses Burning Talons over Choking talons as the Poison morph- then they need to at least make Choking Talons do flame damage. Whichever morph of Inhale/Deep Breath needs to be poison with the other as fire damage.

I think we need to remind ZOS that DKs DO NOT get a bonus to poison or fire damage... we only get a bonus to AOE poison or fire damage. So, we don't benefit the same way that Sorcs (physical damage and shock damage), Wardens (frost and magic), Nightblades (weapon/spell damage while stealthed and ANY crit damage), or Templars (physical) get the straight bonus.

Choking has to stay the magicka morph since its utility for tanks in PvP to use as a maim CC. Initial fire damage would be useful for both WoR and the combustion passive.

Burning can be stam and poison.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    I think stonefist is a good candidate for an execute skill, but so would molten weapons, since that one has pretty much been canned at this point.

These are all great ideas, and make me excited for the future of DKs. Hopefully ZOS listens to our requests.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think giving talons to stamDK makes any sense as the class has literally nothing left to do with ''stand your ground'' at this point. Besides its a tank ability.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 2, 2018 2:36PM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't think giving talons to stamDK makes any sense as the class has literally nothing left to do with ''stand your ground'' at this point. Besides its a tank ability.

You can still use it for group utility. My light armor mDK still slots talons on his SnB bar. If they made one version of talons poison- I'd 100% slot it for my stam DK. I usually run in small to large groups in BG/Cyrodiil.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can still use it for group utility. My light armor mDK still slots talons on his SnB bar. If they made one version of talons poison- I'd 100% slot it for my stam DK. I usually run in small to large groups in BG/Cyrodiil.

magicka Dk makes actual use of the talons with the whip off-balance synergy and the overal slow kit of mDk works better with talons. I don't think poison talons is a bad idea.(İn fact it would be a lot more useful than the hurr durr stonefist spammable But I think It is not really unique or something critical to stamDk, we are not a control class, not a stand your ground class anymore, not really have any synergies with it, So why give us even more tank tools if we simply don't want to be basic tanks?

sDK needs the good stuff, like poison inhale or a poison morph of volatile armor, which would help a lot with damage output, And while at it both classes could benefit from an improved flames of oblivion... Its in a sad state. Its cheap and cute , I like it, I use it all the time, but still. Its in a kinda weak state compared to what other classes have.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 3, 2018 10:24AM