Maintenance for the week of February 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 18
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 20, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

[Class Rep] Dragonknight Feedback Thread

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to post your current top two pain points with the Dragonknight. Our new Class Representatives will be keeping a close eye on this thread, and will utilize it to gather additional feedback for the notes they’re currently compiling for their first meeting with the Dev Team next week. Please be sure and keep your post clear and succinct, and focus more on what is currently frustrating you rather than potential solutions. Thanks!
Gina Bruno
Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | Facebook | Twitter
Staff Post
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Stone Giant - Increase the base damage and get rid of the 100% damage boost if target is stunned. As it is, in my opinion, there is no point to slot Stone Giant in PvE play. Most (all?) dungeon/trial bosses cannot be stunned, and even if that were the case, the stun immunity cooldown renders the skill nothing more than a opening shot, if the target can even be stunned for the extra damage boost.

2. Dark Talons - Expand the radius to 8 meters, or reduce cost. As a tank, I like Choking Talons, but it's radius is just not quite there in my opinion. Compared to Sorcerer's Encase (18x6 cone) or Warden's Gripping Shards (6m radius, better damage due to health scale, snare, and lower cost), dark talons is left somewhat lacking. The Synergy is okay, but I'd like to see either see the Radius slightly increased or have the cost reduced to match Warden's Gripping Shards.

Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Pain points:

1. Mobility - lacking any class mobility skills. Chains is very very niche for anything outside PvE tanking and current Reflective Plate without any immunity doesn't provide any realizable change for the issue.
    2. Outdated/Lackluster Passives - The recent combustion change was a step in the right direction but there are several other passives that need to be looked at as well as the new Combustion needing tweaking.

Possible Solutions:
    1. Add 4 seconds of snare/root immunity to Reflective Plate, this would significantly improve QoL for Mag builds and give Stam builds some much needed flexibility.
    2. Tweak the new Combustion so that it procs off of anyone afflicted with one of your poison/fire DoTs, this would bring the value in line with other class sustain passives and synergize better with the other class tools. Rework Elder Dragon and World In Ruin passives to provide bonuses that are useful to the majority of DKs.

I think overall the class is very middle of the pack. The proposed changes would not be huge buffs nor give any advantages other classes don't already have, but they would promote a better variety of class playstyles that can utilize more class skills.
    PS4 NA 1000+ CP
    Sindre - Imperial Stam DK
    Lord Durok - Orc Stamplar
    Fights-Like-Wamasu - Argonian Mag Sorc
    Ra Hasar - Redguard Stamblade
    Veloth Hlaalu - Dark Elf Magblade
    Valkyn Pyralis - Dark Elf Mag DK
    Sub-Zero - High Elf Mag Warden
    Purifying Light - Breton Magplar
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) Stamina morphs are 10 meters or less, basically melee range only.

2) I'm a Dragon-themed knight, but I can only use my wings to block stuff and fly at an enemy when my ultimate is charged. Hello, escapability option...
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstly cost severely inhibits the use of magicka utility skills on stamina DK setups. Stamina is built off of weapon lines, however magicka based utility skills are what make each class feel unique in a stamina setup. Stamina DK does not feel very unique or good for many right now due to high cost magicka skills with very low utility. Decreasing cost will ease mag DK sustain issues and increase stam DK options for utility.

Secondly with the changes to bleeds the stamina morphs Venomous Claw and Noxious Breath both feel weak and lackluster. These DoT effects could use some love or tweaking to bring them into line.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EDIT: Oh wait, was supposed to be two things. :blush:

1) Mobility
    2) Melee skills, ranged magicka weapons

mDK pain points (PVP):

1) Lack of mobility in a game which increasingly requires constant movement, with little alternative defense mechanisms. This forces DKs into a tank/block playstyle, yet the only supporting passives an extra 10% block, 5% health recovery (a dead stat), 3300 spell resistance, and part time 12% healing recieved. Meanwhile, blocking and tanking have been repeatedly nerfed at given a larger number of counters.

A DK has no way to disengage from a fight. Stam DK has slightly better mobility with access to Rapids and sprint. Mag DK has either a 3 second speed buff for owners of Summerset at a cost of over 3500 magicka or is tied to Vampire for Mist Form, or has 6 seconds of expedition on a very buggy gap closer for 3500 magicka.

2) Lack of alternate defense mechanisms to "stand your ground." See also point #1. Wings is costly and reflects very few abilities and is impossible to sustain full time even if that would do any good.

If DKs are going to be tanks and healers only, they need to be given better defense. If DKs are supposed to be able to tank/dps/heal like other classes, they need to be given at least one viable alternate defense mechanism.

3) Outdated skills and passives.
    Molten Armaments: buffs heavy attacks, which are no longer used for damage.
    Standard: An expensive ult that can be negated by another class for cheaper and also by a 2 piece set. It's the only skill-based access to Defile that mDK has. Meanwhile Warden gets a spammable AOE defile.
    Stone Giant: Ranged skill on a class with only melee damage skills. Needs a reworking away from being a projectile, and possibly is a a good candidate for a stam morph. (Channeled AOE ground pound CC maybe?)
    Magma Shell: too expensive for too little effect
    Elder Dragon: Health recovery is a dead stat, and with mDK forced into vampire, 5%+ of near zero is still near zero
    Battle Roar: PVP requires carefully timed ultimates, but the only sustain passive DKs have is tied to ultimates, and it gives less resources than a tripot.
    Chains: At best 50% reliable in Cyrodiil. Fix the z axis problem and both morphs will be good.

4) Inconsistency in range of damage skills. Whip & petrify is 8 meters, talons 6 meters, embers 5 meters and Nox/Flames 10 meters. I would like to see whip, embers, talons and flames all at 8m and petrify at 10-12 since it is a defacto gap closer. Flames and embers need their hitboxes reviewed.

5) Lack of a melee magicka weapon. With DW dead for magicka, the only magicka weapon is destro staff. The mix of ranged weapon and melee class skills does not synergize well in PVP.

6) Good stuff: Leap is great. Flame Lash. Self-healing.

mDK is very strong in duels, but is otherwise clunky to play open world due to lack of internal class mechanics being consistent, and struggles to keep up with groups. If mDK becomes viable open world spec'd as full damage, I feel the class' damage skills are sufficient to secure kills and the class doesn't need an execute. IMO, the only reason not being able to execute feels like a pain point is because it is too easy for most other classes to kite outside of your melee range.
    Edited by NBrookus on May 31, 2018 9:21PM
    PC NA
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka NB, Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Orc Stamina Warden
    Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Argonian Magicka Templar, Orc Stamina DK, Bosmer Stamina NB, Nord Stamina Warden
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka Sorcerer
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Stamina DK, in large-scale PvP role, has nothing in its toolkit to help it solidly contribute.

This is my only current pain point for DK so I'll dive into more detail about it. While they seem fine in small groups, Stam DK lacks any kind of desirable buff, stun, immobilize, and delayed player-based AoE damage that magicka classes and stamina Warden bring to the table. Our big buff, Igneous Weapons, is completely superfluous as both of these major buffs are easy to get, mandatory skills for any group build. Our big AoE skill is actually a DoT, so it is useless for coordinating a large damage dump and will get purged off by any competent group without issue. We don't have any special immobilizes or stuns, or anything else of value compared to other classes, so competitive players simply don't run Stam DK in their large groups.

In an ideal world (for me) we would get some kind of delayed-damage player-based AoE that fit the theme of our class, Igneous Weapons would operate more like Molten Armaments but granting Brutality instead of Sorcery, and we'd get a stam morph of some AoE control skill like Dark Talons.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Ruminant
    Ruminant
    Soul Shriven
    As the best stam dk in the game and the last orc stam dk. I can offer essentially what distills down to a small change that will make this class playable.

Stamwhip:
    Grants major expedition and immunity for 1 sec. power lash heals you

All problems wrong with a stam dk addressed in one small ability change.

You're welcome.
    Edited by Ruminant on May 31, 2018 10:39PM
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    1. Hardened armour - secondary effects need a buff. Unfortunately in PVE there is too much reason to use Balance from mages guild and not enough benefit to use Hardened armour and it's morphs.

2. Execute passive should be added to promote increased damage from poison and flame dots. For e.g - dots from poison or flame dmg increase by X when your enemy reaches sub 20% health up to a maximum of X
    From XBOX to PC/NA - the grind is real
  • tannips
    tannips
    ✭✭
    Helping hands should return a flat % of stamina like it used to rather than just a flat 990 stam. If not this, battle roar should be given a slight buff. Ideally both of these changes will be made because Stam DK is lacking in identity. Before changes were made to these two passives, part of what made DK unique was building for max resources. What made this so OP in the past was its combination with the reduced cost cp tree which no longer exists. If neither of these things will be implemented, I think at the very least that fragmented/igneous shield should have its cost reduced. The amount of stam that we get back from one cast doesn't really justify the high cost.

Stam DK also has to rely heavily on weapon abilities. We have 2 stamina based morphs and they're both dots. Noxious needs a better hitbox because it is often hard to land and can miss even when it looks like it hit the enemy. Having a non dot based spammable is long overdue. Nightblades get concealed weapon/surprise attack, templars get jabs, wardens get shalks/birds, and sorcs get frags/curse. I'm extremely in favor of making stamina whip a reality and I think it's long overdue. It's been asked for by so many DKs for as long as I can remember.
    PC | NA
    REGICIDE Guildmaster
    #StamWhip
    YouTube
  • lolfarris
    lolfarris
    Soul Shriven
    Make StamDK more viable in end game trials. It’s really depressing having to shelf your main and play a new class because it’s not viable in end game PVE. We need more self heals or a better shield so we can survive in the harder vet trials.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, any DK suffers from 2 big issues that have not been updated until since 2014

1- Passives: most DK passives are bad, and some of them are nearly useless. Things like World in ruin or Searing heat are too situational and favor only one playing style: HA S/B DK. There were some good passives that got a nerf hammer without a clear reason, like helping hands and Battle Roar and which are quite meh nowadays. But there's one passive above all of them that is clearly an insult to all DKs in ESO: Elder Dragon. It's a health recovery passive in a class that needs to go Vamp to get extra movility. I mean, seriously? Extra health recovery for sloting tanking skills? C'mon. You can pass from that passive, saving 2 skill points and nothing, really nothing is gonna change. You will still be a vampire with reduced health recovery. So please, have a look at that.

2- The second problem has to do with the dmg oriented line, Ardent Flame: Ardent flame is the worst dmg line in the game. Only has 2 viable skills (Whip and SS) and none of them benefits from the only passive that increases dmg (WiR). Ok, Searing heat increases Searing strike dmg... a 3%. When you compare that number to the amount of dmg any sorc gets for any physical or lightning dmg, you feel you have been fooled. And that dmg increase does not affect your main spammable (which has a morph that increases the dmg of your ardent flame skills in 100 spell/wpn dmg, which is nothing). That was ok before One Tamriel when Dks had access to a set like old Silks of the Sun, which increased your flame dmg a 5%. On top of that, half of the passives only work with skills in the line, so no chance to increase extra dmg with other skills.

I really believe that having a look to those two points could improve DKs in general.
    The biggest problem within this game is the lack imagination on its player base and its developers...
    DragonKNIGHT KNIGHT!!!! not Dragonscoundrel, neither Dragonarcher....
    ― Our enemy was bold so we were bolder... our enemy was strong so we were stronger...

― Then, why did you lose?

― Our enemy was stupid...
    Get rid of poison on DKs...
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Ok, any DK suffers from 2 big issues that have not been updated until since 2014

1- Passives: most DK passives are bad, and some of them are nearly useless. Things like World in ruin or Searing heat are too situational and favor only one playing style: HA S/B DK. There were some good passives that got a nerf hammer without a clear reason, like helping hands and Battle Roar and which are quite meh nowadays. But there's one passive above all of them that is clearly an insult to all DKs in ESO: Elder Dragon. It's a health recovery passive in a class that needs to go Vamp to get extra movility. I mean, seriously? Extra health recovery for sloting tanking skills? C'mon. You can pass from that passive, saving 2 skill points and nothing, really nothing is gonna change. You will still be a vampire with reduced health recovery. So please, have a look at that.

2- The second problem has to do with the dmg oriented line, Ardent Flame: Ardent flame is the worst dmg line in the game. Only has 2 viable skills (Whip and SS) and none of them benefits from the only passive that increases dmg (WiR). Ok, Searing heat increases Searing strike dmg... a 3%. When you compare that number to the amount of dmg any sorc gets for any physical or lightning dmg, you feel you have been fooled. And that dmg increase does not affect your main spammable (which has a morph that increases the dmg of your ardent flame skills in 100 spell/wpn dmg, which is nothing). That was ok before One Tamriel when Dks had access to a set like old Silks of the Sun, which increased your flame dmg a 5%. On top of that, half of the passives only work with skills in the line, so no chance to increase extra dmg with other skills.

I really believe that having a look to those two points could improve DKs in general.

I feel like this is for PvP, because FOO, breath and standard are used. I disagree with ardent flame comment.

Breath is semi viable, and cauterize is actually amazing for solo. Though I wish it had a center on me function for BGs.
    Chains gapcloser is so so. Its dependent on running a fire staff for the empower to be any use, and clunky AF, send, wait, pull yourself, but they fixed the height issues.
    Can't say standard is that good, it has potential as a coordinated effort, but "stund ur grund" is dead.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.