Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

4.1.2 Rune cage change is a joke.

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »
    We're talking about Rune Cage here right now, not Power Lash.

No, we're talking about how you invent new BS reasons each PTS cycle on why some ability or another needs to be dodgeable.

But please, keep talking yourself into a hole. Every post you make just contradicts an earlier one.

So we're at a point where people taking the highest burst damage in the entire game due to an unavoidable CC with a built in delay to guarantee the burst lands before CC break is possible is a "BS reason" to make said CC actually avoidable for skilled players who react to it in time?

Or that medium armor being free AP was a "BS reason" to make Power Lash dodgeable?

L2P and stop crutching on overpowered abilities. Some of us actually care about balance here and look at things objectively (yes, I'm hugely in favour of the Incap nerf for example - a skill I use on my melee medium stamblade).
    Edited by DDuke on July 27, 2018 2:10PM
    Options
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    DDuke wrote:
    I don't have an issue with Fossilize, I'm not sure what gave you that idea.

No, but you did. I remember a few patches ago where you cluttered up every DK thread with your self-serving vendetta against anything, absolutely anything that countered your playstyle. You had a field day with magDKs and tried to disguise it by rolling your own and coming across as an expert. The devs only heard your voice too.

Sad.

Wasn't a Fossilize issue, it was an undodgeable Power Lash issue and I'm glad that got fixed because now medium armor is almost playable. It's not like mDKs have problems against dodge rollers even after that change - before they were free AP.

I'm sorry some players can't win without unfair advantages over their opponents & skills that lower the skill cap of the game.

If you arent a nightblade, heavy armor is leaps better then medium. I want medium to get buffed, but then I might as well be asking for a NB buff... which I dont want.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, we're talking about how you invent new BS reasons each PTS cycle on why some ability or another needs to be dodgeable.

But please, keep talking yourself into a hole. Every post you make just contradicts an earlier one.

So we're at a point where people taking the highest burst damage in the entire game due to an unavoidable CC with a built in delay to guarantee the burst lands before CC break is possible is a "BS reason" to make said CC actually avoidable for skilled players who react to it in time?

Or that medium armor being free AP was a "BS reason" to make Power Lash dodgeable?

L2P and stop crutching on overpowered abilities. Some of us actually care about balance here and look at things objectively (yes, I'm hugely in favour of the Incap nerf for example - a skill I use on my melee medium stamblade).

I love the desperation when the person zerging threads demanding abilities be nerfed to suit his playstyle starts telling others they need to L2P.

Especially when that person is a Stamblade. Lol at you bro. Just lol.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I love the desperation when the person zerging threads demanding abilities be nerfed to suit his playstyle starts telling others they need to L2P.

I'm saying that because I believe that really is the problem with people like you.

You want broken abilities that ruin other playstyles because you struggle to kill better players, it's that simple really. Instead of getting more skilled & smarter, you want the game to become less skill oriented & dumber to fit your level of play.

Sad. What kind of a trash DK player QQs about medium armor builds?
    Edited by DDuke on July 27, 2018 2:24PM
    Options
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭

He speaks for others as well.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm saying that because I believe that really is the problem with people like you.

You want broken abilities that ruin other playstyles because you struggle to kill better players, it's that simple really. Instead of getting more skilled & smarter, you want the game to become less skill oriented & dumber to fit your level of play.

Sad.

I really don't mind if you insult my abilities as a player so if you're hoping that making it personal will somehow give you an edge it really won't.

I think I've done a pretty excellent job exposing your contradictions both within this thread and in others. So go ahead and tell us how we need to L2P but at the end of the day you're the one making 50 posts a day trying to get abilities nerfed so you can feel competitive.
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sad.

I really don't mind if you insult my abilities as a player so if you're hoping that making it personal will somehow give you an edge it really won't.

I think I've done a pretty excellent job exposing your contradictions both within this thread and in others. So go ahead and tell us how we need to L2P but at the end of the day you're the one making 50 posts a day trying to get abilities nerfed so you can feel competitive.

How about your open your eyes and realize it's not about me or what I think?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/424974/which-class-is-overpowered-in-overall-performance/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/425154/what-is-the-most-op-thing-right-now-v2-0/p1

...oh, and you have pretty much me to thank for getting that Miat's bull*** removed from the game for example.

I'm the one who pm'd devs, made 50 posts a day, created threads with record number of "agrees" to make this game better for everyone (except people who need to crutch on broken ***). You're f'n welcome.

As I said, some of us actually care and want to see this game balanced, rather than keep it as Sorcs & Tanks Online. How much I post or how many threads I make is none of your business.

Tired of these ad hominems, can we get back on topic of Rune Cage please?
    Edited by DDuke on July 27, 2018 2:37PM
    Options
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭

Sad.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/424974/which-class-is-overpowered-in-overall-performance/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/425154/what-is-the-most-op-thing-right-now-v2-0/p1

...oh, and you have pretty much me to thank for getting that Miat's bull*** removed from the game for example.

I'm the one who pm'd devs, made 50 posts a day, created threads with record number of "agrees" to make this game better for everyone (except people who need to crutch on broken ***). You're f'n welcome.

As I said, some of us actually care and want to see this game balanced, rather than keep it as Sorcs & Tanks Online. How much I post or how many threads I make is none of your business.

Nice! I keep my post short and simple, but with volume! Thanks for doing the same.

On xbox its sorcs and nb online. XD for every 1 stam dk or stamplar there are atleast 30 sorcs and NB's. I kid you not.. o.o'
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sad.

Yawn. As I've already demonstrated by quoting you multiple times, you don't want abilities changed to make the game better, you want them changed to make your playstyle better. And that's why I take issue with you. Not because you're wrong that Rune Cage desperately needs changing (it does), but because you're just such a blatant liar about why you want it changed.

If you actually had balance interests at heart I would applaud your efforts. But as I've learned from arguing with you for months now you only have your own interests at heart. That you represent your selfish interests as some sort of charity while leveling personal insults on people who would disagree with you is pretty despicable.

Also, for the record, but I've already pointed out that simply making Rune Cage dodgeable wouldn't actually level the power of the ability for most other classes in the game. But, as I've already pointed out, you don't care despite your claim to want to improve balance because you really only want it improved for yourself.

Anyway, adios for now, I'm sure there will be lots of juicy drama for me to read later.

Edit: And by the way, congrats on getting Miat's nerfed. Though I'm sure the fact that it alerted players to an incoming stealth attack had NOTHING to do with your reasons lol ;)
    Edited by Kilandros on July 27, 2018 2:48PM
    Invictus

Options
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad.

Yawn. As I've already demonstrated by quoting you multiple times, you don't want abilities changed to make the game better, you want them changed to make your playstyle better. And that's why I take issue with you. Not because you're wrong that Rune Cage desperately needs changing (it does), but because you're just such a blatant liar about why you want it changed.

If you actually had balance interests at heart I would applaud your efforts. But as I've learned from arguing with you for months now you only have your own interests at heart. That you represent your selfish interests as some sort of charity while leveling personal insults on people who would disagree with you is pretty despicable.

Also, for the record, but I've already pointed out that simply making Rune Cage dodgeable wouldn't actually level the power of the ability for most other classes in the game. But, as I've already pointed out, you don't care despite your claim to want to improve balance because you really only want it improved for yourself.

Anyway, adios for now, I'm sure there will be lots of juicy drama for me to read later.

Edit: And by the way, congrats on getting Miat's nerfed. Though I'm sure the fact that it alerted players to an incoming stealth attack had NOTHING to do with your reasons lol ;)

Kinda like to see how people who are so desperate to defend rune cage do on a bow/bow build.
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sad.

Here's a list of things I've suggested over the past few months/years that would hurt my playstyle (note: on stamblade, I play all classes), but make the game better balance-wise:
    1. Give cloak/sneak a visual cue (i.e. faint footprints ppl can follow) so people can find stealthers rather than just guess where they are.
    2. Give cloak a similar "can't cast again" cooldown as channels/casts that get interrupted if cloak gets broken prematurely by damage.
    3. Remove Incap CC or make it like before (health % based). This ability allows NBs to kill people too easily with too little skill required (two button burst: "1. Incap-> 2. Relentless").

...but sure, just keep assuming things about me and attacking me rather than discussing the actual topic of this thread.
    Edited by DDuke on July 27, 2018 3:20PM
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with run cage is it sits in the tool box of the highest burst DPS class

Now if was in a warden or templars tool box the following skills would not be great but in a team situation could be fantastic

They want people to able to play any class in any role this means ensuring every class has access to a toolkit that allows that ... If not then the tool kit needs sharing out for a more synergetic experience.

Right now the game forces some classes to only be viable in groups.

Meaning classes that a good solo are great in groups

Those that are bad solo end up only mediocre in groups and for the latter that's frustrating.

It's like being put in the your device France n getting told one team can use a Kawasaki Ninja
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    So they undo the thing they did that triggered everyone, and yet everyone is triggered again.

Lol

Well, the thing is that they're also increasing burst damage a lot in this DLC with the Balorgh set and I still don't think the sorc burst is survivable after the Summerset Light Attack & 2H changes.

I know I've said in the past that them adding the dmg to Rune Cage was what broke it, but tbh that's only half true: them adding the dmg exacerbated the already underlying issue that it guarantees the entire sorc burst lands on target (and that damage to the Cage was like adding the +9-10k tooltip to sorc burst).

How are they ever going to add sets that increase burst damage while there's an ability that guarantees burst damage can land?

Imho what they need to do is give this ability a feasible counterplay & keep the damage - or redesign it entirely because it's not only limiting build diversity, it's also limiting itemization.

Lol, too much here to handle seriously I'm afraid. Fully off the grid now.

So for them to introduce OP burst proc sets anyone can use Sorcs need a Nerf. Thats your case? Honestly fella your arguments are getting far fetched now.

And yep I do recall you mentioning the damage being the issue multiple times. 100's in fact. But now you are saying its not the 10k tool tip (lol, im still waiting to see a 5k death recap) ...............right.

So then you suggest putting it back how it was is now not enough due to light attack changes??? Honestly. Don't really know where to start, in short you want sorcs nerfed right? Plain and simple.

Edited by Beardimus on July 28, 2018 7:47AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OPs point The only thing ridiculous about rune cage is ZOS pandering to the whines on here, which will continue no matter that Nerfs Zos lay on Sorcs.

Sorcs were low on the list for two patches and weren't in a great place before that but still the whines came. Might as well remove wards ZOS and cage, and frag, oh yeah they dont like streak either despite it being buggying, costly, and rubbish range but Nerf it some more, nerf pets they dont like them either. Nerf it all so we can see what's next on the whine list.

Maybe all sorc skills should be equilibrium so they can lemming themselves to death. But I guess they would do that too well too and upset someone.

Yawn. I need coffee.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a funny encounter this morning at Sej. Was playing on my crappy MacBook Air on a hotel wireless LAN. No addons. Base UI. No easy possibility to bar swap because the key I normally use can’t be configured that way. Graphics on low as everything else. I died once to RC because I couldn’t bar swap fast enough. The opposing Sorc tried it 5 times.

Just an observation.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Plays a ganking build that is based on literally killing unsuspected people out of stealth without being able to react and then talks about ruining playstyles. Lmao
    Edited by pieratsos on July 28, 2018 10:14AM
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So they undo the thing they did that triggered everyone, and yet everyone is triggered again.

Lol

Well, the thing is that they're also increasing burst damage a lot in this DLC with the Balorgh set and I still don't think the sorc burst is survivable after the Summerset Light Attack & 2H changes.

I know I've said in the past that them adding the dmg to Rune Cage was what broke it, but tbh that's only half true: them adding the dmg exacerbated the already underlying issue that it guarantees the entire sorc burst lands on target (and that damage to the Cage was like adding the +9-10k tooltip to sorc burst).

How are they ever going to add sets that increase burst damage while there's an ability that guarantees burst damage can land?

Imho what they need to do is give this ability a feasible counterplay & keep the damage - or redesign it entirely because it's not only limiting build diversity, it's also limiting itemization.

Lol, too much here to handle seriously I'm afraid. Fully off the grid now.

So for them to introduce OP burst proc sets anyone can use Sorcs need a Nerf. Thats your case? Honestly fella your arguments are getting far fetched now.

And yep I do recall you mentioning the damage being the issue multiple times. 100's in fact. But now you are saying its not the 10k tool tip (lol, im still waiting to see a 5k death recap) ...............right.

So then you suggest putting it back how it was is now not enough due to light attack changes??? Honestly. Don't really know where to start, in short you want sorcs nerfed right? Plain and simple.

Yes, if they want to add more burst to the game there can't be 100% unavoidable CCs that guarantee entire burst combos land (regardless of class) - it's that simple.

They added delays to sets like Selene & Velidreth etc for a reason: to give players a chance to react

But apparently when it comes to sorcs, people don't need a chance to react? No, that's not how it should work.

Oh, also (not 5k RC, but I've been hit by those as well):
    2gly0vbmyqs4.jpg
    pieratsos wrote: »

Plays a ganking build that is based on literally killing unsuspected people out of stealth without being able to react and then talks about ruining playstyles. Lmao

...and which "playstyle" am I ruining?

Unlike sorc Rune Cage burst, mine:
    1. Deals less than half the damage.
    2. Dodgeable/blockable.
    3. Outrangable/countered by being too close (precisely 15-20m required for the combo to land properly).

In other words, it actually takes some skill to land and not just "press button, kill player" from 40m & zero counterplay. Which is why you don't see nearly as many threads complaining about builds like mine compared to Rune Cage.

If you were a good sorc player, you'd also want your class to require some skill atleast to play it efficiently.
    Edited by DDuke on July 28, 2018 11:30AM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2. Dodgeable/blockable.
    3. Outrangable/countered by being too close (precisely 15-20m required for the combo to land properly).

In other words, it actually takes some skill to land and not just "press button, kill player" from 40m & zero counterplay. Which is why you don't see nearly as many threads complaining about builds like mine compared to Rune Cage.

If you were a good sorc player, you'd also want your class to require some skill atleast to play it efficiently.

You are killing people out of stealth before they have time to react and u are asking which playstyles do u ruin? Are you playing dumb? Also, thats a subjective opinion. If someone comes and tells you that gank builds ruin his playstyle and his experience you dont get to tell him that he is wrong.

Ur combo also consists by less than half the abilites of a rune cage combo. But regardless of that how much dmg they deal is actually irrelevant. What matters is what actually happens. Both combos instakill people. Thats what matters.

Dodgeable/blockable. Which would require people to actually see you so they react. You are attacking them out of stealth genius.

Takes skill to land 2 abilites on unsuspecting targets out of stealth? You are also crutching on one of the most broken mechanics in the game which is stealth. Seems like you are the one with l2p issues.

In other words ur bias continues to be off the charts and at this point its not even funny anymore. Its prety sad. Talking about good sorcs while you dont have a single clue about the class. Save urself from further embarrassment and stop talking about the class overall. Just stick to rune cage.

Also i would want my class to take some skill to be played efficiently. Just like i want everything to skill. I never defended rune cage. Im prety sure i told you that many times. Are you having short memory or something ?
    Edited by pieratsos on July 28, 2018 11:59AM
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

2. Dodgeable/blockable.

You are killing people out of stealth before they have time to react and u are asking which playstyles do u ruin? Are you playing dumb? Also, thats a subjective opinion. If someone comes and tells you that gank builds ruin his playstyle and his experience you dont get to tell him that he is wrong.

If people die to my burst, they die to any burst (deals the same dmg as Incap->Merciless for example, or Shalks+DBOS-Rev Slice, or a FoO+Leap->Power Lash), so I don't think my playstyle is any particular problem when you look at the big picture.
    Ur combo also consists by less than half the abilites of a rune cage combo. But regardless of that how much dmg they deal is actually irrelevant. What matters is what actually happens. Both combos instakill people. Thats what matters.

Lots of combos instakill people, that's how most builds operate. But what other combos have in common (and Rune Cage doesn't) is that they have counterplay and can be avoided. I.e. better player wins.
    Dodgeable/blockable. Which would require people to actually see you so they react. You are attacking them out of stealth genius.

You can use those proactively, you know? Just like a dmg shield user keeps their shields up, all you need to do is dodge roll every 1-2s when you're in the open (keeping in mind the 20m range of Asylum Bow combo & where a bow build might be hiding). If you're riding between keeps, you'll get combat music the moment someone starts casting a skill on you.

Ironically the only "gank build" (tbh I spend just as much time outside stealth when in a grp vs grp fight in BGs for example) that lands their combo guaranteed is Overload Sorc, which can cast Rune Cage to disable all those proactive defenses.
    Takes skill to land 2 abilites on unsuspecting targets out of stealth? Seems like you are the one with l2p issues.

Yes, it does. Or you'd see 80% of players sniping people rather than spamming Rune Cage and thinking they're good at this game.
    In other words ur bias continues to be off the charts and at this point its not even funny anymore. Its prety sad. Talking about good sorcs while you dont have a single clue about the class. Save urself from further embarrassment and stop talking about the class overall. Just stick to rune cage.

Also i would want my class to take some skill to be played efficiently. Just like i want everything to skill. I never defended rune cage. Im prety sure i told you that many times. Are you having short memory or something ?

I am talking about Rune Cage?

Or do you see me demanding dmg shield nerfs somewhere? Frag nerfs? Maybe Streak or Curse?

You're the one who keeps attacking me with comments like:

..rather than focusing on the actual issue and topic of this thread.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2. Dodgeable/blockable.

If people die to my burst, they die to any burst (deals the same dmg as Incap->Merciless for example, or Shalks+DBOS-Rev Slice, or a FoO+Leap->Power Lash), so I don't think my playstyle is any particular problem when you look at the big picture.

Lots of combos instakill people, that's how most builds operate. But what other combos have in common (and Rune Cage doesn't) is that they have counterplay and can be avoided. I.e. better player wins.

You can use those proactively, you know? Just like a dmg shield user keeps their shields up, all you need to do is dodge roll every 1-2s when you're in the open (keeping in mind the 20m range of Asylum Bow combo & where a bow build might be hiding). If you're riding between keeps, you'll get combat music the moment someone starts casting a skill on you.

Ironically the only "gank build" (tbh I spend just as much time outside stealth when in a grp vs grp fight in BGs for example) that lands their combo guaranteed is Overload Sorc, which can cast Rune Cage to disable all those proactive defenses.
    Takes skill to land 2 abilites on unsuspecting targets out of stealth? Seems like you are the one with l2p issues.

Yes, it does. Or you'd see 80% of players sniping people rather than spamming Rune Cage and thinking they're good at this game.

Or do you see me demanding dmg shield nerfs somewhere? Frag nerfs? Maybe Streak or Curse?

1. Your 20k hp squishling dies to any burst as well. You literally die to 2-3 attacks. watch ur videos. they dont even combo u. You just melt.

2. Again, the counterplay to ur combo exists only in terms of people actually seeing you and expecting it. You attack them from stealth. You are ganking them and instakill them to actually avoid giving them counterplay. If you look at the big picture then ur combo has no counterplay. You are the only one still being blind to it that actually believes that ganking has counterplay.

3. Dodge roll every 1-2 seconds the entire time. Just when you think that you couldnt get more stupid.

4. Never said that overload gank is not gank. It is gank and its also with no counterplay just like any gank. Thats the entire purpose of gank builds.

5. Potatoes that just spam rune cage dont kill anything. They are zerglings and the combination of other people attacking you with that guy rune caging you is what kills you. If you are actually dying just to one potato sorc with rune cage you have massive l2p issues or its about time to throw ur build in the trash and come up with something better. Just like a zergling spamming snipe from 40 meters. Alone he wont kill anything but when people start piling up that zergling spamming snipe will be the reason u die. This is called poor design of skills and snipe is amongst the top conteders when it comes to that.

6. Focusing on the actual issue? You derailed the thread and telling everyone to l2p with ur biased statements trying to discuss a class you have absolutely zero knowledge on. Someone needs to break it to you. You are not jesus christ and u are not here to save the game. We dont give a flying **** about what you think balance is and ur egotistical attitude trying to balance the entire game around you personally is starting to pissing everyone off.
    Edited by pieratsos on July 28, 2018 1:47PM
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. Dodgeable/blockable.

@DDuke

Wait what lol

Idk about PC but the worst players Xbox NA do nothing but use snipe and stealth. Then they get burst by one combo because they don't really know how to play the game. Snipe was a potatoes go to ability long before Rune Cage was lol
    Options
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff scattershot to 40 m like rune cage?
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

2. Dodgeable/blockable.

1. Your 20k hp squishling dies to any burst as well. You literally die to 2-3 attacks. watch ur videos. they dont even combo u. You just melt.

Of course. I would expect nothing less if I get hit.

I play a build based on avoiding damage, not tanking it (hence why I say Rune Cage is ruining playstyles atm).
    2. Again, the counterplay to ur combo exists only in terms of people actually seeing you and expecting it. You attack them from stealth. You are ganking them and instakill them to actually avoid giving them counterplay.

Again, proactive defenses. Listening to sound cues (i.e. combat music). Did you just skip everything I wrote?

Times I've died to my own build: 0 (despite being squishy af).
    3. Dodge roll every 1-2 seconds the entire time. Just when you think that you couldnt get more stupid.

Yes... when you're out in the open where a bow build can hit you with burst combo and happen to be playing a medium armor dodge roller(lol). When you're not playing a medium armor dodge roller, you keep shields up. Simple.
    4. Never said that overload gank is not gank. It is gank and its also with no counterplay just like any gank. Thats the entire purpose of gank builds.

If "ganking"/stealth oriented builds are such a big issue to you, go make a thread about it. It is not the topic of this one.
    5. Potatoes that just spam rune cage dont kill anything. They are zerglings and the combination of other people attacking you with that guy rune caging you is what kills you. If you are actually dying to a potato sorc with rune cage you have massive l2p issues. Just like a zergling spamming snipe from 40 meters. Alone he wont kill anything but when people start piling up that zergling spamming snipe will be the reason u die. This is called poor design of skills and snipe is amongst the top conteders when it comes to that.

Even a potato sorc can cast Curse on you & then Rune Cage->Frags. That is the issue with having abilities that require zero skill to operate and disable the only means of survival medium armor builds have available.

On the other hand a good player can easily survive a zergling snipe spammer because while you might not always be able to avoid the first snipe, you always have time to CC Break+Dodge Roll the second (and one non-Asylum snipe alone is 8-10k burst only).

But sure, keep downplaying how overpowered Rune Cage is by comparing it to Snipe lmao.
    6. Focusing on the actual issue? You derailed the thread and telling everyone to l2p with ur biased statements trying to discuss a class you have absolutely zero knowledge on. Someone needs to break it to you. You are not jesus christ and u are not here to save the game. We dont give a flying **** about what you think balance is and ur egotistical attitude trying to balance the entire game around you personally is starting to pissing everyone off.

Based on what I've read in this thread alone, I'm going to have to say I have way more knowledge on the sorc class (despite it not being my most played class) than certain people who seem more interested in attacking me than discussing the topic.

I guess that's what happens when people run out of arguments to defend Rune Cage. Divert the topic, get people to discuss something else so you get to keep your overpowered ability and ruining the game. That's the plan, isn't it?

You can stop pretending you want it balanced, all you want is to get free kills in PvP because you aren't good enough to get kills otherwise.
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »

2. Dodgeable/blockable.

@DDuke

Wait what lol

Idk about PC but the worst players Xbox NA do nothing but use snipe and stealth. Then they get burst by one combo because they don't really know how to play the game. Snipe was a potatoes go to ability long before Rune Cage was lol

Exactly my point. You can't be a potato and do well with the skill - unlike with Rune Cage.

This is why you see most bow users zerg surfing only.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2. Dodgeable/blockable.

I play a build based on avoiding damage, not tanking it (hence why I say Rune Cage is ruining playstyles atm).
    2. Again, the counterplay to ur combo exists only in terms of people actually seeing you and expecting it. You attack them from stealth. You are ganking them and instakill them to actually avoid giving them counterplay.

Again, proactive defenses. Listening to sound cues (i.e. combat music). Did you just skip everything I wrote?

Yes... when you're out in the open where a bow build can hit you with burst combo and happen to be playing a medium armor dodge roller(lol). When you're not playing a medium armor dodge roller, you keep shields up. Simple.

If "ganking"/stealth oriented builds are such a big issue to you, go make a thread about it. It is not the topic of this one.
    5. Potatoes that just spam rune cage dont kill anything. They are zerglings and the combination of other people attacking you with that guy rune caging you is what kills you. If you are actually dying to a potato sorc with rune cage you have massive l2p issues. Just like a zergling spamming snipe from 40 meters. Alone he wont kill anything but when people start piling up that zergling spamming snipe will be the reason u die. This is called poor design of skills and snipe is amongst the top conteders when it comes to that.

Even a potato sorc can cast Curse on you & then Rune Cage->Frags. That is the issue with having abilities that require zero skill to operate and disable the only means of survival medium armor builds have available.

On the other hand a good player can easily survive a zergling snipe spammer because while you might not always be able to avoid the first snipe, you always have time to CC Break+Dodge Roll the second (and one non-Asylum snipe alone is 8-10k burst only).

But sure, keep downplaying how overpowered Rune Cage is by comparing it to Snipe lmao.

Based on what I've read in this thread alone, I'm going to have to say I have way more knowledge on the sorc class (despite it not being my most played class) than certain people who seem more interested in attacking me than discussing the topic.

I guess that's what happens when people run out of arguments to defend Rune Cage. Divert the topic, get people to discuss something else so you get to keep your overpowered ability and ruining the game. That's the plan, isn't it?

You can stop pretending you want it balanced, all you want is to get free kills in PvP because you aren't good enough to get kills otherwise.

You dont die to ur build cause no one plays that ***.

So either dodge roll every 1-2s or keep shields up 100% of the time because some dumb-ass plays a ganking build and thinks his build has counterplay. Ok then, u can cloak 100% of the time too. There is ur counterplay.

Its not about me having an issue with gank builds. Its about just one more of ur dumb biased comments about ur build having counterplay. It doesnt and no matter how u try to convince people that it has it wont change that. Its a gank build. There is no counter to anything that instakills people out of stealth.

No, potatoes cant time curse cage frag to hit together. That would require them to actually know what they are doing. And only potatoes die to that. So if you are just dying to that ur build is trash defensively and nothing should be balanced around that build. Just because u hate the meta it doesnt make you a special snowflake.

Im not comparing it to snipe in terms of which one is the most broken and no i dont want it to get free kills. Keep spinning words to fit them into ur agenda. You are not fooling anyone. Just making urself look more dumb.

Based on this thread you showcased zero knowledge when it comes to the class and u have embarrased urself. You are just living in an imaginary world. You have literally tried to give videos as proof and u couldnt even analyze what was happening in the video. Lmao. You know the dunning kruger effect or whatever the hell its called. Fits perfectly in ur case.

Attacking you instead of discussing the topic? Thats rich coming from someone telling everyone to l2p. I respond in the same way cause its the only language you seem to be able to respond to.
    Edited by pieratsos on July 28, 2018 3:37PM
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

2. Dodgeable/blockable.

So either dodge roll every 1-2s or keep shields up 100% of the time because some dumb-ass plays a ganking build and thinks his build has counterplay. Ok then, u can cloak 100% of the time too. There is ur counterplay.

And now you're drawing false parallels between using primary defense and secondary defense.

Dodge rolling (when in the open) on a stamina build is sustainable, spamming cloak isn't.

And vice versa for magicka builds.

Not that I'd expect you to recognize the difference.

Also, Rune Cage actually stuns people through cloak (if cast before it).
    Its not about me having an issue with gank builds. Its about just one more of ur dumb biased comments about ur build having counterplay. It doesnt and no matter how u try to convince people that it has it wont change that.

If you don't have a problem with them, why bring them up? Surely if these builds had no counterplay you would have problems with them. Logic, you're allowed to use it.
    No, potatoes cant time curse cage frag to hit together. That would require them to actually know what they are doing. And only potatoes die to that. So if you are just dying to that ur build is trash defensively and nothing should be balanced around that build. Just because u hate the meta it doesnt make you a special snowflake.

Because pressing 2-3 buttons is so difficult? You don't even need to find an opportune burst window or catch opponent off guard when using Rune Cage, you just get a free kill.

And yes, my build must be "defensively trash" to score like this in a (rare) BG with no sorcs:
    j6bm9mqca9mc.jpg

...but sure, keep downplaying how disastrous Rune Cage is to build diversity right now and trying to make it about "your build sucks" rather than "Rune Cage is overpowered". The very least you could do is stop pretending you don't like Rune Cage.
    Im not comparing it to snipe in terms of which one is the most broken and no i dont want it to get free kills. Keep spinning words to fit them into ur agenda. You are not fooling anyone. Just making urself look more dumb.

Based on this thread you showcased zero knowledge when it comes to the class and u have embarrased urself. You are just living in an imaginary world. You have literally tried to give videos as proof and u couldnt even analyze what was happening in the video. Lmao. You know the dunning kruger effect or whatever the hell its called. Fits perfectly in ur case.

Attacking you instead of discussing the topic? Thats rich coming from someone telling everyone to l2p. I respond in the same way cause its the only language you seem to be able to respond to.

I did analyze the video? If you mean this where I get a kill in a normal 1vX scenario, cloak, get CC'd by Rune Cage through cloak (which you told me to use against RC, lol) and die as I CC break without anything I can do about it.

Or this where I've recorded the most ideal scenarios where you can receive the combo (tanky builds with Impreg etc, all heals & defensive buffs up) and it is still unsurvivable.

I've also analyzed the numbers (cf. pages 2 & 3) behind the whole burst to point out that it does more damage than anything else in the game, even more than my bow build's burst (which can be dodged/blocked and has shorter range)

I've also taken note of the public sentiment about the ability (and how it affects peoples' opinions of mSorc in general):

...so I'm not sure I'm the "dumb" one here living in an "imaginary world".

I tell random nobodies to L2P when they refuse to listen to facts (see above) and keep spouting nonsense. And not that it matters, but I do so only after I've been antagonized with hostile comments from the other party.

If you want to discuss things with me, you listen, argue with facts (maths, video evidence, logic etc) and none of this emotion based nonsense.

You can't say I'm wrong because I have the facts wrong, so I must be wrong because you feel antagonized. It's really as simple as that.

Edit: I don't take it personally btw, I'm used to threads like these... last year the thread on Miats went for over 22 pages because certain individuals (against all math & logic) kept claiming it was good for the game when anyone with critical thinking capabilities could tell why it wasn't. Same thing here, difference context.
    Edited by DDuke on July 28, 2018 3:52PM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2. Dodgeable/blockable.

And now you're drawing false parallels between using primary defense and secondary defense.

Dodge rolling (when in the open) on a stamina build is sustainable, spamming cloak isn't.

Its not about me having an issue with gank builds. Its about just one more of ur dumb biased comments about ur build having counterplay. It doesnt and no matter how u try to convince people that it has it wont change that.

If you don't have a problem with them, why bring them up? Surely if these builds had no counterplay you would have problems with them. Logic, you're allowed to use it.

Because pressing 2-3 buttons is so difficult? You don't even need to find an opportune burst window or catch opponent off guard when using Rune Cage, you just get a free kill.

And yes, my build must be "defensively trash" to score like this in a (rare) BG with no sorcs:
    j6bm9mqca9mc.jpg

...but sure, keep downplaying how disastrous Rune Cage is to build diversity right now and trying to make it about "your build sucks" rather than "Rune Cage is overpowered". The very least you could do is stop pretending you don't like Rune Cage.

I did analyze the video? If you mean this where I get a kill in a normal 1vX scenario, cloak, get CC'd by Rune Cage through cloak (which you told me to use against RC, lol) and die as I CC break without anything I can do about it.

Or this where I've recorded the most ideal scenarios where you can receive the combo (tanky builds with Impreg etc, all heals & defensive buffs up) and it is still unsurvivable.

I've also analyzed the numbers behind the whole burst to point out that it does more damage than anything else in the game, even more than my bow build's burst (which can be dodged/blocked and has shorter range)

I've also taken note of the public sentiment about the ability (and how it affects peoples' opinions of mSorc in general):

I tell random nobodies to L2P when they refuse to listen to facts (see above) and keep spouting nonsense.

If you want to discuss things with me, you listen, argue with facts (maths, video evidence, logic etc) and none of this emotion based nonsense.

You can't say I'm wrong because I have the facts wrong, so I must be wrong because you feel antagonized. It's really as simple as that.

Not drawing anything. Just using ur own stupid logic. Not that id expect you to understand that tho.

Wait, wut? So now we all have to have the same feelings as you on "unbalanced" issues? And thats logic to you? Dear god, your delusions are really frightening. Just because i dont have an issue with ganking it doesnt mean that it has a counter. A lot of variable come into the mix.

No, you dont get a free kill. Its a free kill only on builds like urs.

A NB with cloak having zero deaths on a potato BG. Hmmmmm. That must prove a lot, especially when u dont even have actual footage but just a screenshot of the score.

I didnt defend rune cage. I repeated that about 100 times so far. I hate rune cage since the first day it was introduced. I want it deleted not reworked. Go back and find the comments. Your attempts to tell me how i like rune cage are adorable. Quite funny actually. Stupid non the less.

I mean both ur duel video failing to analyze how streak functions and ur 1vX video dying to "cage". Which wasnt because of cage. A simple flame reach into frags would kill you as well because you couldnt see it. Thats the nature of ur build. Just melts to everything that hits you.

Analyzing numbers based on builds of ur choice in a controlled environment. Yeah thats definitely the reality of open world.

Using forums to present reality. So now ur associating urself with Xv1 zerglings who think oblivion dmg shieldbreaker and sloads are balanced because they cant 30v1 some sorc and moan about curse OP frag OP streak OP shields OP etc.

Discuss with you? Kinda hard to do that with ur egotistical attitude. When u cut the crap and stay unbiased without bringing sets in an attempt to balance the class then ill be here. Till then.... oh well. I guess we'll just have to insult each other until ZOS locks the thread or ban us.
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

2. Dodgeable/blockable.

j6bm9mqca9mc.jpg

I've also analyzed the numbers behind the whole burst to point out that it does more damage than anything else in the game, even more than my bow build's burst (which can be dodged/blocked and has shorter range)

I tell random nobodies to L2P when they refuse to listen to facts (see above) and keep spouting nonsense.

Not drawing anything. Just using ur own stupid logic. Not that id expect you to understand that tho.

Wait, wut? So now we all have to have the same feelings as you on "unbalanced" issues? And thats logic to you? Dear god, your delusions are really frightening. Just because i dont have an issue with ganking it doesnt mean that it has a counter. A lot of variable come into the mix.

No, you dont get a free kill. Its a free kill only on builds like urs.

My logic? Where did I say you should be required to dodge roll snipes as a magicka build? I specifically stated that you can survive by using shields. Here, in case you have amnesia:
    You can use those proactively, you know? Just like a dmg shield user keeps their shields up, all you need to do is dodge roll every 1-2s when you're in the open

I don't think there's anything dumb in expecting people to live by using their primary defensive stat pool to proactively defend themselves.

And I'd like to see the source of me claiming you should "feel" the same way about me on balance. In fact I specifically stated the opposite:

I know reading is hard for some people but come on.

Also it's funny how the only thing you can refer to are some mysterious "lot of variables" when you claim incorrectly (happy to prove this any time in game vs anyone who wants to try and gank me) that ganking (apart from Overload ganking, which really has no counter due to Rune Cage) has no counters.

If it didn't, everyone would be ganking because due to the nature of stealth in ESO it'd be insanely powerful.
    A NB with cloak having zero deaths on a potato BG. Hmmmmm. That must prove a lot, especially when u dont even have actual footage but just a screenshot of the score.

Oh, so now you're calling everyone I fight against a potato. What happened to the outrage about me telling people to L2P? There's a word for that, begins with "h".

I'm not in the habit of recording entire BGs to prove a point, so you'll have to do with the one in my build video (25-2-7) to see how survival can be easy on my build as long as there's no Rune Cages (the two deaths are to actual mistakes in positioning/sustain).
    I didnt defend rune cage. I repeated that about 100 times so far. I hate rune cage since the first day it was introduced. I want it deleted not reworked. Go back and find the comments. Your attempts to tell me how i like rune cage are adorable. Quite funny actually. Stupid non the less.

Then why keep undermining arguments against it with flawed logic & lies?

"I hate Rune Cage, but those who because of it have bad builds" - that's just contradictory.

You're claiming you hate it, but you're not really explaining why and instead opt to come up with bogus excuses for its existence.
    I mean both ur duel video failing to analyze how streak functions and ur 1vX video dying to "cage". Which wasnt because of cage. A simple flame reach into frags would kill you as well because you couldnt see it. Thats the nature of ur build. Just melts to everything that hits you.

Here's what I said about Streak, on page 2 of this thread:
    DDuke wrote:
    ]
    Feanor wrote:
    Tbh, if Streak is now a balanced CC to deal with dodge rollers... rofl.
    Yes, it is - it doesn't guarantee one shots but you do get to pressure them (along with Curse procs & possibly pet damage).

If you're good at sorc you could even count the distance right & land right next to that dodge roller with the Streak, throwing out a Frag before they can CC break+dodge roll.

...and I stand by that statement 100%.

As to the 1vX scene, you're wrong. Again.

I cloaked - that Flame Reach (and/or anything else) would've missed & I would've repositioned like I do in 1vX.

Rune Cage is the only non-AoE CC that goes through cloak due to its 1s delay after cast.

The nature of my build against everything but Rune Cage is that it dies if I make a mistake.
    Analyzing numbers based on builds of ur choice in a controlled environment. Yeah thats definitely the reality of open world.

Yes, guess what: not everyone plays the build you play. Shocker, I know.

You don't balance video games around one or two builds only (that's why threads like this exist), you look for how things can be abused.

By your logic, it'd be fine if stamina builds who built for maximum dmg one shot everyone through shields/dodge roll/block without counterplay as long as more people played sustain builds that didn't possess the capability.

It doesn't work that way.
    Using forums to present reality. So now ur associating urself with Xv1 zerglings who think oblivion dmg shieldbreaker and sloads are balanced because they cant 30v1 some sorc and moan about curse OP frag OP streak OP shields OP etc.

Oh, and to what do you base that assumption that everyone who answered to that poll is a "Xv1 zergling" or that they think oblivion dmg is fine? Is there a correlating poll on those issues that I should know about?

Also, if sorcs can 1v30 I'd say those people are probably right.
    Discuss with you? Kinda hard to do that with ur egotistical attitude. When u cut the crap and stay unbiased without bringing sets in an attempt to balance the class then ill be here. Till then.... oh well. I guess we'll just have to insult each other until ZOS locks the thread or ban us.

Sure, I have an ego. This is not news to me.

Doesn't make me wrong though, so I don't know what the purpose of pointing that out is.

Are you incapable of looking at arguments objectively? 1+1=2, no matter who says it.

Unbiased? I beg to disagree. Here's what I wrote above when last accused of being biased:
    Here's a list of things I've suggested over the past few months/years that would hurt my playstyle (note: on stamblade, I play all classes), but make the game better balance-wise:
    Give cloak/sneak a visual cue (i.e. faint footprints ppl can follow) so people can find stealthers rather than just guess where they are.
    Give cloak a similar "can't cast again" cooldown as channels/casts that get interrupted if cloak gets broken prematurely by damage.
    Remove Incap CC or make it like before (health % based). This ability allows NBs to kill people too easily with too little skill required (two button burst: "1. Incap-> 2. Relentless").

...and on the Sorc discord I've also written things like:
    "Streak should remove snares/roots similar to DK wings"

I am also going to focus on my mDK next patch, so Rune Cage isn't even that big of an issue (in comparison).

It is to people who play medium armor though, and still will be next patch (cf. math on pages 2/3) if things don't change.
    Edited by DDuke on July 28, 2018 5:33PM
    Options
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »

No, but a good player doesn't use Meteor on cooldown anyway.

The frequency of these bursts doesn't matter though because it's game over after the first Meteor.

And please, don't even mention DK or NB burst in the same sentence with Sorcs.

Sorc burst is over 50% more damage than either of those (I can dig up a post where I have numbers carefully detailed), damage which all gets amplified by +1000 spell damage - meaning it widens the difference even more.

And just as easily as some builds can use gap closers, I can dodge roll out of Fear range & cloak to prevent Fossilize every time they try that...

So these classes have over 400% worse range on their hard CC and 50% worse burst, but somehow they're "no different"? Please.
    The point of brining up mDk and nb is that with the scenario you set forth with Balorgh, the extra damage gained at 500 ultimate is redundant; ergo any class in the scenario you proposed will be able to instaburst a non-tank build suggesting that the set is more of a problem than the class.

No, because even when comparing Balorgh ulti burst with NB/DK to non-Balorgh ulti burst on Sorc the former two deal less unavoidable damage.

It is always the class that is the problem, not the sets. Like let's say you have 76k "tooltip burst" on a Sorcerer & 55k on a NB. 21k more than NB, right?

Now what happens if you add a set that gives +10% worth of damage?

76 000+10%(7600)=83 600
    54 000+10%(5400)=59 400

What do you know, the difference is now 24,2k in favour of Sorc & NB still doesn't even deal the same burst Sorc did before this set existed.

Do you see the problem?

Not to mention that if you react quick enough by CC breaking & dodging you can avoid all burst damage after Fear (https://youtu.be/q2oUzes2_xE) and all burst damage except Leap after Fossilize.
    If you see meteor cast cloak, wings, cleanse, shield stack, Shimmering, pop an immovable or just CC the sorc. The combo has counters on live, the only problem is that those counters have significantly less uptime than the Cage combo. Without the damage, Sorc burst simply isn't there, so they only have kill potential with an ultimate dump now, which will share the same cooldown as many of the Cage's counters.
    Why does this remind me of the "just purge it" response to Sloads? Some of you really go to great lengths to defend your "I-Win buttons".

It's good you atleast acknowledge these "counters" have less uptime than RC combos & some of them (like cloak) don't work at all in certain circumstances.
    There's a pretty big difference between "just purge it" and the counters I listed. 1 being that all those counters are actually meta skills, so most builds aren't sacrificing anything and another being that the skills listed aren't being slotted solely to counter 1 mechanic.

The only stam class I have in heavy is my sDK. Every other class runs medium and I've dueled sorcs of equal or greater skill level. There are counters. Is it overbearing on live? Yes. But is it void of counterplay? On live, it is void of consistent counterplay but with the damage removed from Rune Cage, the only time a sorc will be a threat is when they have ultimate, and a very costly one at that. The combo doesn't work quite the same with DB. In fact, I'll be swapping back to DB over Meteor because Meteor is simply unreliable relatively. It

So, a CC immune sorc with a det pot up decides to Meteor combo me - what exactly is my "counter" here as a stamblade? Or maybe some random pug threw Caltrops over me or Piercing Marked me.

In a perfect world you can cloak after Meteor, but that perfect world isn't always there and you die without anything you can do about it.

And what happens when I play my stam sorc that has zero ways of preventing Meteor combo (no, BoL doesn't work I've tested it)?

Don't tell me to use invis pot.
    Sorc burst without the Rune Cage damage is not strong enough to kill a proper build. If a player builds glass then they accept the risks with being squishy. If players are dying to the generic Curse-fury-frag combo, then that they need to build tankier or build to suit the game mode. I've DUELED medium builds that can survive the the Meteor combo. What these builds can't do on live is maintain resources dealing with the close to insta-burst every 10 seconds and then survive the second meteor combo. If they don't get hit by Rune Cage damage, they don't get hit by Fury execute which means they feel no real additional pressure for 3.5 seconds and can pop a vigor/shield and be right back in the fight.

Really, we have to just "accept the risks of being squishy" and die to unavoidable burst? So how about sorcs who build even squishier and then hide behind 30k shield stacks - are they exempt from this rule?

I've tested RC combo without Meteor on medium armor builds that sacrifice most of their damage by slotting sets like Impregnable, here's an example: https://youtu.be/NhH3-fOLMeU

The damage isn't survivable now if you build at all for dmg on Sorc, and it sure as hell won't be next patch when there's even more damage.
    I'm not talking about the buggy animation which I agree should be fixed for proper counter play and fluidity for both parties. What I'm referring to is the damage nerf having a bigger impact than you realize. If I build full damage on a sorc I'm dueling so I'm assuming you're not referring to duel builds. Open world sorcs tend to build more into sustain. I've fought magsorcs 1v1 on my NB that runs all offensive medium sets with only 2 health glyphs being my commitment to mitigation. I've gone back and forth with good players that I know are just as good if not better than me because I main magsorc, I understand the class and therefore I know how to fight it.

The damage is definitely survivable now, except you want to survive it on a build that even you admit is glass. You run stealth builds so if you're caught out long enough to have a full Curse-fury-meteor-Rune-Frag combo that's more on you.

"If I build full damage on a sorc I'm dueling" < this is called bias, not everyone builds their characters like you in PvP (and I know many who use sustain sets in duels too).

There's plenty of people who go all in on damage and that's perfectly fine - as long as their damage can be avoided by playing well.

On that video I linked there's a stamblade with full tri-glyphs & Impregnable and he doesn't survive a non-Meteor combo. So no, it is not survivable on Live - especially in builds that actually want to kill people.

If you don't build "glass" on a stamblade, you might as well slap on Master DW+Sloads (and better go heavy armor in that case) as your other sets or go into any of the dozen of "nerf shields" threads because that Brass/Impregnable/Protective jewelry zero burst stam build can't get through shields anymore.

The difference between a stam character & a mSorc building glass is that one of them can still survive any burst after doing so because their defensive mechanic actually works in all scenarios.

The damage nerf is a lot more than people who don't understand the sorc class realize. I ran Cage before it dealt damage and believe me, it makes a big difference. If you're going to present hard numbers, don't use extreme outliers and incorporate the fact that Sorcs are now missing out on 20k tooltip damage. The only builds that will die to sorcs without an ultimate now are outdated or glass-cannon specs.

What exactly is wrong with my numbers & what do you mean by "missing out on 20k tooltip damage"? Highest RC tooltip I've got was around 10k.

Sorc burst in Wolfhunter is higher, not lower.
    You're numbers are mathematically correct. But how many times have you gone to a grocery and seen some lady named Susan walking out with 100 Watermelons? That's simply not how it works in practice. For all your damage calculations, prior to the damage on Rune, very rarely did a magsorc get a competent opponent from full health to execute range in 1 combo. Even with an ultimate dump, you would need a few rotations to wait for your opponent to mess up. Without the Rune damage (well drop it to a 7.5k tooltip) a non-glass opponent isn't going to fall into execute which means thats Fury (15k tooltip) isn't going to go off.

If you want a real example, subtract Vigor and Rally/FM ticks for all stam classes, remove Curse for Magplars, remove Frags for mDKs and a good portion of sDKs who are going to run wings for snare removal, remove frags for a magden due to shimmering and apply minor protection, remove or half the damage of frags since nightblades can cloak them--apply minor Maim for mNBs etc.. You're numbers are right. If you're fighting a potato.

NBs cannot cloak Frags or anything else for that matter if sorc uses det pot before ulti burst (or if NB simply cannot cloak due to some random AoE, Piercing Mark etc etc) & stam sorc has zero defensive mechanics to help them survive the burst.

Other than that yes, some classes have ways to help them lower the damage from that combo.
    I'll shelf my sorc (already have, played it for a week of SS then went to stam sorc), not because I lost Cage, but because magsorc is such a mess right now. Funny how changing 1 tooltip damage takes the class from op to average.

I'm all for removing Cage from the sorc kit but only if frags gets its CC back. Reach sorc is fine but it pidgeon holes the class with the least versatility in the game even further. Removing the damage is a compromise because despite ZoS reverting the Rune Cage changes, they refuse to do so for the Frag nerfs which threw the class completely out of balance.

The skill would be more balanced if it kept the damage but was dodgeable as mentioned in last ESO Live.

Current iteration of RC fixes none of the issues as long as the maximum guaranteed burst remains higher than non-tank builds' health pools.
    No, it wouldn't be more balanced, it would be beneficial to glass-cannon roll dodge builds and useless to magsorcs who will just slot Clench because it will simply be better overall and magsorcs are back to potato farming.

So it'd help the stamina builds that struggle the most vs mSorcs but still be good for fighting tank builds & other sorcs which tend to be more problematic... and somehow that would suddenly make the skill useless?

You don't need "I-Win" buttons that take zero skill to use to fight dodge roll based builds & being able to bypass block/reflect and deal more burst damage is more important.

Sorc already has the best toolkit in the game to deal with dodge rollers (including an actual balanced stun that goes through dodge roll: Streak).
    Skills that enable huge amounts of burst to land and have no real counterplay can never be balanced and will always limit ZOS's itemization design and/or players' build diversity - there needs to be a feasible way to prevent getting Rune Caged & then hit by the highest burst damage in the game.

Now this is a valid argument. Everything else you said is just bias towards your preferred play style. However, there are feasible ways to prevent getting Rune Caged. The damage is no longer as threatening because the normal burst is losing out on +20k tooltip damage. You simply refuse to adapt. Honestly, stop using your build as a baseline because all you're doing is proliferating misleading information about sorcs that will lead to them being nerfed/buffed in the wrong areas--ZoS' preferred balance strategy. Be like @BohnT BohnT's argument is that no class should have access to both unavoidable damage and unblockable/unavoidable CC. Make that the basis of your argument @DDuke and you'll get more support instead of presenting half truths.

So I should "adapt" and go play a meta tank build with bleeds & sloads, is that it? I'm going to keep using my build(s) as a baseline because those are the builds I (and many other people) actually enjoy playing - not the sload/bleed garbage that's everywhere.

Speaking of "misleading information", you also can't call NB or DK damage "unavoidable" when all of it can be kited (and deals far less damage than Sorcs) and most of the follow up after those unblockable/undodgeable CCs can be avoided as well (no delayed burst like sorcs have).
    Everyone else has had to build tankier ever since SS. Medium armor builds tend to run 1 defensive set (except cloak blades) and while Heavy still runs 2 offensive or 1 mixed set (BP) IMO, this is indicative of balance since heavy and medium tend to build towards each other. All that's left is to nerf shield stacking so they can buff individual shields so that light armor is viable on all classes.

Yes, everyone has to build tankier... because of sorcs.

Oh wait, hold on... not everyone. There are still builds that can stack full into magicka (i.e. full into damage) and survive behind 30k shield stacks.

That's just the reality of the situation.

Whether you think shield stacking should be nerfed or not (personal opinion: dmg shields are fine) is irrelevant.

What they need to do is fix this Rune Cage bull*** so that medium armor (i.e. dodge roll based builds) is viable on all classes. Right now light armor can be played on any of the classes and is usually even BiS (mDK, magplar, mSorc, magblade... not sure about warden, they play weird max health builds these days).
    But guess what. That will never happen until mag sorc is balanced. Prior to the frag nerfs m sorc was only overperforming defensively but people who don't understand the class complained about it's burst and mSorc was gutted to the point where ZoS felt an unblockable/undodgable CC that dealt 4k damage was necessary for balance. On live it over performs everywhere but completely gutting Rune Cage will make the class bottom tier.

Yet I saw plenty of sorcs doing fine in CWC & Dragon Bones. Should I start linking videos?

Sorc has always been either top tier (like right now & multiple different updates in the past) or close behind NB in power. It has never been "gutted" or "bottom tier".

If you want to see bottom tier, go play mag warden. That's truly the only underperforming class at the moment.
    Again. I'll end with the fact that I FULLY SUPPORT removing Rune Cage entirely IF AND ONLY IF sorcs are compensated by having Frags unnerved. Come on ZoS. You reverted 1 change, now revert that one that matters.

So basically you only care about yourself and want to extort some unnecessary buffs from ZOS. Cool.

I personally couldn't care less about Frag stun, but that's the wrong way to go about it.

If you slot purge on your bar then you negate the most important quality of a sorc burst, the curse. A meteor and frag will not kill you even with rune cage, I've fought many NB that dont get hurt by the combo because they have been adapting. Just slot purge, sorcs had to slot a heal for shield breaker and sloads, so just adapt.
    Edited by Micah_Bayer on July 28, 2018 5:50PM
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No, but a good player doesn't use Meteor on cooldown anyway.

The frequency of these bursts doesn't matter though because it's game over after the first Meteor.

And please, don't even mention DK or NB burst in the same sentence with Sorcs.

Sorc burst is over 50% more damage than either of those (I can dig up a post where I have numbers carefully detailed), damage which all gets amplified by +1000 spell damage - meaning it widens the difference even more.

And just as easily as some builds can use gap closers, I can dodge roll out of Fear range & cloak to prevent Fossilize every time they try that...

So these classes have over 400% worse range on their hard CC and 50% worse burst, but somehow they're "no different"? Please.
    The point of brining up mDk and nb is that with the scenario you set forth with Balorgh, the extra damage gained at 500 ultimate is redundant; ergo any class in the scenario you proposed will be able to instaburst a non-tank build suggesting that the set is more of a problem than the class.

No, because even when comparing Balorgh ulti burst with NB/DK to non-Balorgh ulti burst on Sorc the former two deal less unavoidable damage.

It is always the class that is the problem, not the sets. Like let's say you have 76k "tooltip burst" on a Sorcerer & 55k on a NB. 21k more than NB, right?

Now what happens if you add a set that gives +10% worth of damage?

76 000+10%(7600)=83 600
    54 000+10%(5400)=59 400

What do you know, the difference is now 24,2k in favour of Sorc & NB still doesn't even deal the same burst Sorc did before this set existed.

Do you see the problem?

Not to mention that if you react quick enough by CC breaking & dodging you can avoid all burst damage after Fear (https://youtu.be/q2oUzes2_xE) and all burst damage except Leap after Fossilize.
    If you see meteor cast cloak, wings, cleanse, shield stack, Shimmering, pop an immovable or just CC the sorc. The combo has counters on live, the only problem is that those counters have significantly less uptime than the Cage combo. Without the damage, Sorc burst simply isn't there, so they only have kill potential with an ultimate dump now, which will share the same cooldown as many of the Cage's counters.
    Why does this remind me of the "just purge it" response to Sloads? Some of you really go to great lengths to defend your "I-Win buttons".

It's good you atleast acknowledge these "counters" have less uptime than RC combos & some of them (like cloak) don't work at all in certain circumstances.
    There's a pretty big difference between "just purge it" and the counters I listed. 1 being that all those counters are actually meta skills, so most builds aren't sacrificing anything and another being that the skills listed aren't being slotted solely to counter 1 mechanic.

The only stam class I have in heavy is my sDK. Every other class runs medium and I've dueled sorcs of equal or greater skill level. There are counters. Is it overbearing on live? Yes. But is it void of counterplay? On live, it is void of consistent counterplay but with the damage removed from Rune Cage, the only time a sorc will be a threat is when they have ultimate, and a very costly one at that. The combo doesn't work quite the same with DB. In fact, I'll be swapping back to DB over Meteor because Meteor is simply unreliable relatively. It

So, a CC immune sorc with a det pot up decides to Meteor combo me - what exactly is my "counter" here as a stamblade? Or maybe some random pug threw Caltrops over me or Piercing Marked me.

In a perfect world you can cloak after Meteor, but that perfect world isn't always there and you die without anything you can do about it.

And what happens when I play my stam sorc that has zero ways of preventing Meteor combo (no, BoL doesn't work I've tested it)?

Don't tell me to use invis pot.
    Sorc burst without the Rune Cage damage is not strong enough to kill a proper build. If a player builds glass then they accept the risks with being squishy. If players are dying to the generic Curse-fury-frag combo, then that they need to build tankier or build to suit the game mode. I've DUELED medium builds that can survive the the Meteor combo. What these builds can't do on live is maintain resources dealing with the close to insta-burst every 10 seconds and then survive the second meteor combo. If they don't get hit by Rune Cage damage, they don't get hit by Fury execute which means they feel no real additional pressure for 3.5 seconds and can pop a vigor/shield and be right back in the fight.

Really, we have to just "accept the risks of being squishy" and die to unavoidable burst? So how about sorcs who build even squishier and then hide behind 30k shield stacks - are they exempt from this rule?

I've tested RC combo without Meteor on medium armor builds that sacrifice most of their damage by slotting sets like Impregnable, here's an example: https://youtu.be/NhH3-fOLMeU

The damage isn't survivable now if you build at all for dmg on Sorc, and it sure as hell won't be next patch when there's even more damage.
    I'm not talking about the buggy animation which I agree should be fixed for proper counter play and fluidity for both parties. What I'm referring to is the damage nerf having a bigger impact than you realize. If I build full damage on a sorc I'm dueling so I'm assuming you're not referring to duel builds. Open world sorcs tend to build more into sustain. I've fought magsorcs 1v1 on my NB that runs all offensive medium sets with only 2 health glyphs being my commitment to mitigation. I've gone back and forth with good players that I know are just as good if not better than me because I main magsorc, I understand the class and therefore I know how to fight it.

The damage is definitely survivable now, except you want to survive it on a build that even you admit is glass. You run stealth builds so if you're caught out long enough to have a full Curse-fury-meteor-Rune-Frag combo that's more on you.

"If I build full damage on a sorc I'm dueling" < this is called bias, not everyone builds their characters like you in PvP (and I know many who use sustain sets in duels too).

There's plenty of people who go all in on damage and that's perfectly fine - as long as their damage can be avoided by playing well.

On that video I linked there's a stamblade with full tri-glyphs & Impregnable and he doesn't survive a non-Meteor combo. So no, it is not survivable on Live - especially in builds that actually want to kill people.

If you don't build "glass" on a stamblade, you might as well slap on Master DW+Sloads (and better go heavy armor in that case) as your other sets or go into any of the dozen of "nerf shields" threads because that Brass/Impregnable/Protective jewelry zero burst stam build can't get through shields anymore.

The difference between a stam character & a mSorc building glass is that one of them can still survive any burst after doing so because their defensive mechanic actually works in all scenarios.

The damage nerf is a lot more than people who don't understand the sorc class realize. I ran Cage before it dealt damage and believe me, it makes a big difference. If you're going to present hard numbers, don't use extreme outliers and incorporate the fact that Sorcs are now missing out on 20k tooltip damage. The only builds that will die to sorcs without an ultimate now are outdated or glass-cannon specs.

What exactly is wrong with my numbers & what do you mean by "missing out on 20k tooltip damage"? Highest RC tooltip I've got was around 10k.

Sorc burst in Wolfhunter is higher, not lower.
    You're numbers are mathematically correct. But how many times have you gone to a grocery and seen some lady named Susan walking out with 100 Watermelons? That's simply not how it works in practice. For all your damage calculations, prior to the damage on Rune, very rarely did a magsorc get a competent opponent from full health to execute range in 1 combo. Even with an ultimate dump, you would need a few rotations to wait for your opponent to mess up. Without the Rune damage (well drop it to a 7.5k tooltip) a non-glass opponent isn't going to fall into execute which means thats Fury (15k tooltip) isn't going to go off.

If you want a real example, subtract Vigor and Rally/FM ticks for all stam classes, remove Curse for Magplars, remove Frags for mDKs and a good portion of sDKs who are going to run wings for snare removal, remove frags for a magden due to shimmering and apply minor protection, remove or half the damage of frags since nightblades can cloak them--apply minor Maim for mNBs etc.. You're numbers are right. If you're fighting a potato.

NBs cannot cloak Frags or anything else for that matter if sorc uses det pot before ulti burst (or if NB simply cannot cloak due to some random AoE, Piercing Mark etc etc) & stam sorc has zero defensive mechanics to help them survive the burst.

Other than that yes, some classes have ways to help them lower the damage from that combo.
    I'll shelf my sorc (already have, played it for a week of SS then went to stam sorc), not because I lost Cage, but because magsorc is such a mess right now. Funny how changing 1 tooltip damage takes the class from op to average.

I'm all for removing Cage from the sorc kit but only if frags gets its CC back. Reach sorc is fine but it pidgeon holes the class with the least versatility in the game even further. Removing the damage is a compromise because despite ZoS reverting the Rune Cage changes, they refuse to do so for the Frag nerfs which threw the class completely out of balance.

The skill would be more balanced if it kept the damage but was dodgeable as mentioned in last ESO Live.

Current iteration of RC fixes none of the issues as long as the maximum guaranteed burst remains higher than non-tank builds' health pools.
    No, it wouldn't be more balanced, it would be beneficial to glass-cannon roll dodge builds and useless to magsorcs who will just slot Clench because it will simply be better overall and magsorcs are back to potato farming.

So it'd help the stamina builds that struggle the most vs mSorcs but still be good for fighting tank builds & other sorcs which tend to be more problematic... and somehow that would suddenly make the skill useless?

You don't need "I-Win" buttons that take zero skill to use to fight dodge roll based builds & being able to bypass block/reflect and deal more burst damage is more important.

Sorc already has the best toolkit in the game to deal with dodge rollers (including an actual balanced stun that goes through dodge roll: Streak).
    Skills that enable huge amounts of burst to land and have no real counterplay can never be balanced and will always limit ZOS's itemization design and/or players' build diversity - there needs to be a feasible way to prevent getting Rune Caged & then hit by the highest burst damage in the game.

Now this is a valid argument. Everything else you said is just bias towards your preferred play style. However, there are feasible ways to prevent getting Rune Caged. The damage is no longer as threatening because the normal burst is losing out on +20k tooltip damage. You simply refuse to adapt. Honestly, stop using your build as a baseline because all you're doing is proliferating misleading information about sorcs that will lead to them being nerfed/buffed in the wrong areas--ZoS' preferred balance strategy. Be like @BohnT BohnT's argument is that no class should have access to both unavoidable damage and unblockable/unavoidable CC. Make that the basis of your argument @DDuke and you'll get more support instead of presenting half truths.

So I should "adapt" and go play a meta tank build with bleeds & sloads, is that it? I'm going to keep using my build(s) as a baseline because those are the builds I (and many other people) actually enjoy playing - not the sload/bleed garbage that's everywhere.

Speaking of "misleading information", you also can't call NB or DK damage "unavoidable" when all of it can be kited (and deals far less damage than Sorcs) and most of the follow up after those unblockable/undodgeable CCs can be avoided as well (no delayed burst like sorcs have).
    Everyone else has had to build tankier ever since SS. Medium armor builds tend to run 1 defensive set (except cloak blades) and while Heavy still runs 2 offensive or 1 mixed set (BP) IMO, this is indicative of balance since heavy and medium tend to build towards each other. All that's left is to nerf shield stacking so they can buff individual shields so that light armor is viable on all classes.

Yes, everyone has to build tankier... because of sorcs.

Oh wait, hold on... not everyone. There are still builds that can stack full into magicka (i.e. full into damage) and survive behind 30k shield stacks.

That's just the reality of the situation.

Whether you think shield stacking should be nerfed or not (personal opinion: dmg shields are fine) is irrelevant.

What they need to do is fix this Rune Cage bull*** so that medium armor (i.e. dodge roll based builds) is viable on all classes. Right now light armor can be played on any of the classes and is usually even BiS (mDK, magplar, mSorc, magblade... not sure about warden, they play weird max health builds these days).
    But guess what. That will never happen until mag sorc is balanced. Prior to the frag nerfs m sorc was only overperforming defensively but people who don't understand the class complained about it's burst and mSorc was gutted to the point where ZoS felt an unblockable/undodgable CC that dealt 4k damage was necessary for balance. On live it over performs everywhere but completely gutting Rune Cage will make the class bottom tier.

Yet I saw plenty of sorcs doing fine in CWC & Dragon Bones. Should I start linking videos?

Sorc has always been either top tier (like right now & multiple different updates in the past) or close behind NB in power. It has never been "gutted" or "bottom tier".

If you want to see bottom tier, go play mag warden. That's truly the only underperforming class at the moment.
    Again. I'll end with the fact that I FULLY SUPPORT removing Rune Cage entirely IF AND ONLY IF sorcs are compensated by having Frags unnerved. Come on ZoS. You reverted 1 change, now revert that one that matters.

So basically you only care about yourself and want to extort some unnecessary buffs from ZOS. Cool.

I personally couldn't care less about Frag stun, but that's the wrong way to go about it.

If you slot purge on your bar then you negate the most important quality of a sorc burst, the curse. A meteor and frag will not kill you even with rune cage, I've fought many NB that dont get hurt by the combo because they have been adapting. Just slot purge, sorcs had to slot a heal for shield breaker and sloads, so just adapt.

This is sarcasm, right? Sorry, I have to ask... :D

I'll explain in case someone reading this is not aware why "slot Purge" is a terrible idea (especially for stamina builds). Same thing was offered as a "solution" to Sload

Efficient Purge costs 5130 Magicka (52.66% of base magicka pool in noCP) & with base regen+vampire (699) it'd take 14 seconds to recover the magicka, which is more than it takes for a sorc to recast curse (can be done again right after).

It also leaves your magicka pool stranded for cloak casts and harms survivability/stamina sustain by doing that.

All to (maybe, if you don't have other DoTs on you like Burning, Concussion, Major Breach etc) remove only the third highest dmg component of sorc burst (Meteor>Frag>Curse).

It is not a good build choice and is meant more as a group PvP support tool (synergy, cleanses allies as well etc) for healers.
    Edited by DDuke on July 28, 2018 6:18PM
    Options