The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

4.1.2 Rune cage change is a joke.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    No point dwelling on this though, the problem has been eradicated. Mission accomplished.

Did you just say that ur mission was to make the skill useless? Hm, its just that i thought that ur goal was a constructive discussion to make it balanced like you said numerous times. Guess i was wrong.

Mission objective: make the game worth playing again for non-tank builds.

Mission accomplished.

Did they overnerf Cage? Yes, sure (should've kept dmg since they made it dodgeable imo). But that's a whole lot better than the alternative.

They're gonna work on the ability next update & hopefully make it worth using (but not overpowered).

According to the patch notes they’re going to add a visual. Hence, working on the ability means making dodging it easier. I’ll be surprised if they come up with something useful for the caster.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well now thats over with I wonder where the NerfSorc bandwagon will head next with their pitch forks? i'm embarrased for any NerfSorc posters after this.

Welcome to NightBlade / Reach meta!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Beardimus

I tested the new RC in half an hour of OW Cyro yesterday. It's just as awful as expected. Guess I'll slot mines instead.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Beardimus

I tested the new RC in half an hour of OW Cyro yesterday. It's just as awful as expected. Guess I'll slot mines instead.

Ah man.

Its this bitter sweet thing as was my real cc option trying to avoid reach meta, but with reach taking one slot for spammable, cc, destro passive and damage it seems clear why its gunna be meta.

I guess all hope is on a Frag / Blast buff in three months :(
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    No point dwelling on this though, the problem has been eradicated. Mission accomplished.

Did you just say that ur mission was to make the skill useless? Hm, its just that i thought that ur goal was a constructive discussion to make it balanced like you said numerous times. Guess i was wrong.

Mission objective: make the game worth playing again for non-tank builds.

Mission accomplished.

Did they overnerf Cage? Yes, sure (should've kept dmg since they made it dodgeable imo). But that's a whole lot better than the alternative.

They're gonna work on the ability next update & hopefully make it worth using (but not overpowered).

According to the patch notes they’re going to add a visual. Hence, working on the ability means making dodging it easier. I’ll be surprised if they come up with something useful for the caster.

So their plans for rune cage is to nerf it more? Wait wut?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pieratsos

From 4.1.5. notes:
    Rune Prison:

Decreased the duration of the stun applied by this ability and its morphs to 3.5 seconds from 5 seconds.
    This ability and its morphs can now be dodged.
    Rune Cage (morph):
    Decreased the damage done from this ability by approximately 20%.
    This ability now only deals damage if the stun lasts for its full duration.

Developer Comment:

We have more changes planned for this ability in a future patch that will improve the messaging of when the stun will apply.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we can get the skill point back easily lol. It all makes sense now.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP