The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• Sektion67
    Sektion67
    ✭✭✭
    The fact this thread is still going says a lot. Unfortunately the messages conveyed within have fallen on deaf ears.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outfit slots still overpriced and character bound? Damn I ll revisit this thread next month. Zos get your beep together.

They did have a super long half-off sale on Outfit Slots... not long after releasing them in the first place...

So, yeah, I suspect it's not going the way they hoped. Typically you don't offer that steep of a discount for that long if people are buying. Whether that translates to a permanent reduction in price is something else entirely, though. There's probably some "saving face" going on here, though ironically I think they'd save a lot more face and get huge kudos from the community if they just said, "Hey, we screwed up on the pricing for this one and we realize that, so we're reducing the price going forward and offering a partial refund to people who already purchased slots."
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's probably some "saving face" going on here, though ironically I think they'd save a lot more face and get huge kudos from the community if they just said, "Hey, we screwed up on the pricing for this one and we realize that, so we're reducing the price going forward and offering a partial refund to people who already purchased slots."

Second this. But they'll never give refunds for the already-purchased ones even if they lowered the price.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sektion67 wrote: »
    The fact this thread is still going says a lot. Unfortunately the messages conveyed within have fallen on deaf ears.
    I'll be very surprised in a positive way if they actually comment on the situation. So far we have at least two hot topics on the forum lacking devs comments. The second one is about ugly Nocturnal.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    Sektion67 wrote: »
    I'll be very surprised in a positive way if they actually comment on the situation. So far we have at least two hot topics on the forum lacking devs comments. The second one is about ugly Nocturnal.

Yeah... I think the silence is for different reasons, though. The Nocturnal thing is simply an art choice. That's subjective, and the art team will do what they do (I agree it's kinda pitiful, though). They're not likely to respond to that because it's not something with a "fix" that can be applied.

As for this subject, well, it's the sales team behind this, and in ZOS' case, that's clearly a whole different world from the rest of the game.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still 1500 crowns per character bound slot? See ya again in July.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • iRouge
    iRouge
    ✭✭
    This is so silly, either make the 1500 crowns per slot to be account wide, or reduce the current price of 1 slot per character to 400 crowns or something reasonable. How many updates later and this still hasn't been addressed?

On another note, bring back Votan's Improved Outfit Station, this was such a good addition to the Outfit system, not being able to undo and redo, or save and load outfit combinations is absolutely insane! - Forum here

• abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about to save face they keep the 1500 crowns character slot and offer an account wide upgrade for 1600 crowns. Still stupidly expensive but I would probably buy it if at least all my toons could benefit.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abigfishy wrote: »
    How about to save face they keep the 1500 crowns character slot and offer an account wide upgrade for 1600 crowns. Still stupidly expensive but I would probably buy it if at least all my toons could benefit.

To save face, they create an account wide costume slot, which should cost no more than a character slot, and then convert over all of the character slots they have sold to account wide. Then, they discontinue the character-specific slots and sell only the account-wide ones.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol or that.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outrageous pricing

Get it account wide already
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To save face, they create an account wide costume slot, which should cost no more than a character slot, and then convert over all of the character slots they have sold to account wide. Then, they discontinue the character-specific slots and sell only the account-wide ones.

That would still screw over anyone who bought more individual slots than there are slots per character (EX: someone who had 15 characters and bought a slot apiece would effectively have paid for 5 slots they weren't getting) but it would be a start.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would still screw over anyone who bought more individual slots than there are slots per character (EX: someone who had 15 characters and bought a slot apiece would effectively have paid for 5 slots they weren't getting) but it would be a start.

Yes, there is a point at which it breaks down. I have to wonder whether anyone has gotten that far yet.
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭

Honestly, screw them. If they made the choice to do that, then they had the "added benefit" that they've had extra outfit slots this entire time. But a better option would simply be to raise the cap to 15 outfits.

Or instead of raising the cap, allow only the upgraded unlocks to ignore the cap so that people who bought them at the current ridiculous price might have more than the current cap of 10 slots. If they did that with an announcement that it was happening in the next patch, they might actually sell more unlocks before the change from people wanting to be over the limit.

ESO is a big name for RP and I have no doubt that there would still be people hitting the cap. In most games I have at least 4-5 slots unlocked on all my alts, and at least 8 or so on my main. ESO is the only game that I have played since leaving WoW in 2007 where I do not have any outfit slots unlocked.

I still love the game, and it's still my main MMO but this whole situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth and sours my mood every time I run by an Outfitting Station. At this point, I would accept 216 Crowns as the cost of an account-wide unlock, 90% of EA's price for account-wide Outfit Slot unlocks (if you only play on one server but still 180% the cost of EA's unlocks if you play on EU and NA).

”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they were account wide, I probably would have treated myself to a minimum of 2-3 slots by now (even at the current price). Literally just warned a guildie that they aren't account wide as she was considering treating herself to one. She, like many of us, had assumed they were, seeing as there is nothing to the contrary in their description on the crown store.

A friend of mine wanted to make a gift of his 1600 crowns. When we briefly entertained the outfit slot option, I opted not to go that route. That's how bad their current pricing per character is. I didn't even want someone else to spend that money on my behalf....
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    If they were account wide, I probably would have treated myself to a minimum of 2-3 slots by now (even at the current price). Literally just warned a guildie that they aren't account wide as she was considering treating herself to one. She, like many of us, had assumed they were, seeing as there is nothing to the contrary in their description on the crown store.

A friend of mine wanted to make a gift of his 1600 crowns. When we briefly entertained the outfit slot option, I opted not to go that route. That's how bad their current pricing per character is. I didn't even want someone else to spend that money on my behalf....

Same. If they were account-wide I'd actually probably eventually buy them all, and I definitely would have had 2-3 by now.
  • Merrien
    Merrien
    ✭✭✭
    I posted on another thread, not knowing this one was already here, so here's my opinion again.

I just bought a second outfit slot for 1500 crowns--- thinking it was account wide. My mistake, I guess I should have read the fine print, but really?

First off, thank goodness I was on the toon I REALLY wanted the extra outfit for, because otherwise I would have been 12 shades of purplemad.

But secondly, really? 1500 crowns... and it's not account wide? That's insanity. I wasted my crowns and I will NOT be doing it again on such a rip off.

This needs fixing. It is utterly ridiculous.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So a thread that is 30+ pages long and no official response?
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »

Why are you surprised?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What official response are you actually awaiting ?
    The fact is : that's 1500 crowns for one slot for one character. Wanna buy it ? Buy it. Don't want to buy it ? Don't buy it.
    There's your answer.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What official response are you actually awaiting ?
    The fact is : that's 1500 crowns for one slot for one character. Wanna buy it ? Buy it. Don't want to buy it ? Don't buy it.
    There's your answer.

Yup. Doesn't get more official than that, with ZOS.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Doesn't get more official than that, with ZOS.

Sad but true.

• TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    People are never happy lmao. ZOS could have given you none for free. Now you get 1 for free on any character and still complain :trollface:

Fair enough, Alcast. But it doesn't appear to be working that way for my family.

Assume you have a one account with four characters. Like everyone else in the game, you've focused one of those four characters to be your crafting character. This character has leveled up in crafting, knows all the motifs, etc. This is the character you would use to make your outfits, correct?

When you take this character to the new outfit station, it appears that they can ONLY create one costume without buying more. So where's the other three costumes for each character?

Maybe we're doing something wrong, but it appears that each character has to create their own costume - which means spending a lot of gold buying motifs after spending years farming for them and giving them to your crafting character. To be clear: the crafting character can only create one "free" costume for themselves. That's what it looks like to us.

Tell me I'm wrong because I want to be wrong here. If I'm right, then your words are hollow because every efficient person in the game has focused on one crafting character. And yes, we've already been in the game this morning. I have it open right now.

Again: I want to be wrong. Tell me I'm wrong and there's a way for crafting characters to create outfits for other characters. I'll admit, I'm hesitant to create my only costume just to test this.

Edit: If there's a way to do this - for a fully level crafting character that knows ever motif in the game to create costumes for all four characters, then I will agree with you and say one free outfit for each character is good enough. But until then, meh.

Any motif learned by any character is, thankfully, account wide as far as outfits are concerned.

Weapon and armour styles are listed under the Collections tab. Unless they are greyed out then they are available to that and every other character.

Small mercies, eh ;)
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    Any motif learned by any character is, thankfully, account wide as far as outfits are concerned.

Close. The only unlocks that are account-wide are things that you buy out-of-game and then apply to your account through the ESO website. Everything else is server-wide only, even if it says "account-wide" in the description.

A lot of people only play on one of the four servers, but I play on both the PC NA and PC EU servers... I was frustrated when I first discovered this, but then I just stopped buying content through the in-game shop and now only buy it from the ESO store, Amazon, etc. From the in-game store, I only buy cosmetics with ESO+ crowns.
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much every scummy decision that's been made with the crown store, including this one, has done nothing but drive me further away from even considering to support the game through it. Everything from ridiculous prices and "exclusive" offers to the gambling crates and gem currency, it's all just wrong. Is it not obvious that drop rates and time-sinks are directly affected by relative items for sale in the store?

I've been trying all the free promo stuff lately and it's only helped solidify my reasoning for not wasting money on it. Especially considering I need several methods to even log-in and have been dealing with consistent freezes and CTD's since Summerset. Enough with the new crate motifs, fix the damn game already!

It took me some time to warm up to the idea but I don't mind subscribing and I was happy to pay for the game twice so I could play with different groups of friends, some of which have since quit because of bs just like this. It's a good thing I enjoy the solo aspects of the game so much or I'd probably be gone by now too.

It's clear at this point that someone(s) at ZOS has decided that $$$ > fun. Now if the player-base could only learn how to vote with their money...
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P2J2 wrote: »

I've been trying all the free promo stuff lately and it's only helped solidify my reasoning for not wasting money on it. Especially considering I need several methods to even log-in and have been dealing with consistent freezes and CTD's since Summerset. Enough with the new crate motifs, fix the damn game already!

Amusingly, I'm right there with you, albeit with Crown Crates. Free Crown Crates just demonstrate the kinda crap drop rates, which makes me less inclined to buy them. Definitely a backfire effect.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still 1500 crowns for a character bound outfit slot? See ya again in August. (zos you are losing money)
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously nothing ZO$ ?
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    People are never happy lmao. ZOS could have given you none for free. Now you get 1 for free on any character and still complain :trollface:

Fair enough, Alcast. But it doesn't appear to be working that way for my family.

Assume you have a one account with four characters. Like everyone else in the game, you've focused one of those four characters to be your crafting character. This character has leveled up in crafting, knows all the motifs, etc. This is the character you would use to make your outfits, correct?

When you take this character to the new outfit station, it appears that they can ONLY create one costume without buying more. So where's the other three costumes for each character?

Maybe we're doing something wrong, but it appears that each character has to create their own costume - which means spending a lot of gold buying motifs after spending years farming for them and giving them to your crafting character. To be clear: the crafting character can only create one "free" costume for themselves. That's what it looks like to us.

Tell me I'm wrong because I want to be wrong here. If I'm right, then your words are hollow because every efficient person in the game has focused on one crafting character. And yes, we've already been in the game this morning. I have it open right now.

Again: I want to be wrong. Tell me I'm wrong and there's a way for crafting characters to create outfits for other characters. I'll admit, I'm hesitant to create my only costume just to test this.

Edit: If there's a way to do this - for a fully level crafting character that knows ever motif in the game to create costumes for all four characters, then I will agree with you and say one free outfit for each character is good enough. But until then, meh.

I think you are wrong. Someone needs to check this because I use costumes rather than the outfit system.

However, my understanding is the outfit system (regardless of whichever character originally learned the motif) allows ANY character to use a learned motif. To check this, log in to another character and head over to the outfit table. Every learned motif from your crafter should show up provided they’re on the same account.

Hope this helps. AND this info was from when the system originated, so it could have changed.

EDIT: Just re-read your post. I think where you’re going ‘wrong’ is you’re trying to get your crafting character to create outfits. What should occur is each character creates their OWN outfit via the learned motifs of your crafter.
    Edited by Jazdia on July 23, 2018 6:09AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazdia wrote: »
    However, my understanding is the outfit system (regardless of whichever character originally learned the motif) allows ANY character to use a learned motif. To check this, log in to another character and head over to the outfit table. Every learned motif from your crafter should show up provided they’re on the same account.

Hope this helps. AND this info was from when the system originated, so it could have changed.

I did not quote the whole chain because you are replying to something from February, and a lot of people did not know how the Outfit System worked back when it was first released.

You are correct that any Motif known by any character on the account can be used by any character on the account as part of their one, free, Outfit.

Personally, I still collect the motifs in one character and do not allow them to be spread out to other characters unless that one character already knows it.

And, after all this time, it still sucks that it costs 1500 Crowns to get more outfit slots and that you only get one slot for one character for the expense. Expensive stuff means not so much reason to spend Crowns, which means not so much reason to buy additional Crowns. Thanks ZOS!