The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Pain points

Healing ritual cost too much for having such a small ranged instant heal. If a heal is gonna be that expensive it needs to do more than a 1 time instant heal. Thank god the cast time is gone but the skill really needs to be a HoT.

Radiant aura cost too much for what it does. The minor magicka steal can only occur once per second so having it attach to multiple targets is not much of an upgrade. Cost 3510 magicka and last 15 seconds. 15 × 300 = 4500. So if used on along enough fight you gain 1000 magicka. Its not worth using on trash mobs because most mobs are dead before you recover the cost of the skill. On long boss fight its not as cost effective as a Elemental drain. Ele drain is free to cast and lasts longer (21 seconds). 21 x 300= 6300 magicka. This skill and repentance needs to just be a passive. 10% on all recovery and if an enemy dies if your rune/ritual you recover x amount of mag/stam, depending on which 1 is your biggest pool.

passives are still a pain point. We have 3 passives that should just be part of the base skill.
    1.Enduring rays-adds 2 seconds onto a few weaker abilities (nova/sunfire/eclipse)
    2.restoring spirit- reduces cost of all abilities and ultimate by 4%
    3.light weaver- really small buffs to restoring aura, healing ritual and praticed incarnation.

These passives need to just be part of the base skill. Its not like vampires bane is cheaper or does anymore dps than other comparable abilities, yet it is specifically getting buffed by 2 passives in enduring rays and restoring spirit. You cant stack cost redution with food or armor sets. 4% cost reduction on a 3k skill means i saved a whopping 120 magicka. Templars need passives that they can stack with. This will allow more armor sets to be viable with them.

Javelin needs to pull enemies into templars. Obviously range is gonna have to be adjusted.

Blazing shield is still a pain point. Battle spirit effects it twice. You need to completely build around it.

If they want us to reduce the cost of skills that is fine, but it should be a greater number across the board. Restoring Spirit you realize effects out of class skills in much the way it does for classes like Sorcerer... Be careful what you wish for you might actually end up nerfing us in a way that you do not realize. Our skill costs are already generally high making this passive garbage for the most part but at least the out of class skills get the benefit. This is one area where they could probably improve us by raising Restoring spirit to a more respectable number.

Yep 4% is not much. Lets say an ultimate cost 200, 4% of that is 8. Yeah thats not much. Lets say a skill cost 3k, well 4% of that is 120. Again not much. Atleast recovery can stack with sets.

Early on in the game, cost reduction with breton and other passives and running sets with cost reduction while recovery was capped was a thing. Once recovery was no longer capped, then they added champion points; Breton became a sub-par race and spell cost reduction is still OK but minimized.

Templar to me is like looking at a relic of the past.

Movement is faster now, and templars cant move. Even DK got chains and are getting a root immunity so we have been losing our partner in misery here.

Used to only worry about fossilize and fear as unblockable CC and templar had luminous shards; now you have sorcs spamming rune cage, time stop is everywere, still have fear and fossilize, and templars no longer have luminous shards. I haven't been one to repeat that this should be reverted but given where the meta has gone, it really should be reverted and given the CC back.

As mentioned; recovery tools are missing from stamplar and taking a nerf for magplar and our cost reduction is from a forgone era that doesn't compete today and it could use being increased by quite a bit.

Our defensives have been gutted. Blinding flashes obviously was removed and was OP so probably could not stay as it was but to replace it with a cheese execute and not replace it with a defense was a mistake only mitigated by blazing shield which was beautiful honestly, at the time. Was the Templars hay day. But then, shield scaling came to Cyrodiil because you should have seen shield stacking then if you think its bad now. Of course; shield stacking is still a thing because it never was really addressed but the blanket nerf relegated blazing shield to niche builds, and then even the niche build for it became extinct with Morrowind.

Damage is mediocre. Jabs/sweeps does not seem to scale well in battle spirit. Sollar barrage gets a damage nerf for a convenience buff. Majority of our class skills are magicka but yet vampires bane/reflective light are fire damage. Our spear ultimate is unreliable to use to where we do not have a good offensive ultimate for burst nor count on it for that much defense with its short range. And that cheese execute we got that replaced our defense? Been nerfed into uselessness. Targets now have to be near death to get it to hurt at all and at that point, you're better off just keeping on sweeping. Seriously guys. For those of you that still use it, you should know everyone is laughing at you and cant wait to get you outside of a zerg where you probably are all giddy getting the killing blow from a tic.

This takes me to stamplar which I now play, and many others now play. It really doesnt have much from the class outside of extended ritual to give it an edge over any other stamina class. Has the worse resource management of them all actually. Poor passives and the recovery tool is worthless if another templar takes the corpse. I could quite easily run it without any templar skill other than extended ritual. So why do we play it? Because if you take magplar and broke it down to strenghts and weaknesses, it would be weak in CC, mobility, damage, and active defense, with its only strength in cleansing and heals. You go stamplar and you get better CC options, mobility and snare immunity damage, and main stat for roll dodge or block, and the healing is still pretty damned good on just non-class abilities alone. Extended ritual just completes that. The only thing magplar has had would be a decent resource recovery tool which is now being nerfed in that aspect in favor of mobility, but its not really a mobility buff as much as it is a hindrance removal.

Think I am done ranting now.

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hehe nice ranting ;)
    but still hits pretty much the points everyone is talking about.
    Edited by Checkmath on July 14, 2018 3:13PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with @technohic but I would just say that there are things about stamplar play style I find very frustrating, namely that our build definition is so narrowly defined. If you play other classes you just bathe in the variety of viable choices. Templar not so much.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LostSync wrote: »
    One thing i hate about Radian Oppression is that u cannot light attack - dodge or block without interrupting it unlike with every other execute where u can do everything i mention. (Btw u only use 1 hand to cast radian so i don't understand why u can't use ur other hand to light attack)

Piercing javeling does poor dmg and cost alot compare to some other abilities like crushing shock that do more than it can do.

Yes it is a basically soft self stun. You don´t get cc immunity from it.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i tested my damage with and without solar barrage. Without solar barrage was actually better, because the decreased sustain resulted in more dps loss due to more spell sym casts...
  • paallterrain148
    Class cc, and lack of class immobilize suck. At least magplar can go ranged, stamplar knocks enemies out of range.

Too much healing on magplars, too little on stamplar.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is useless, but am frustrated after a session of PVP and need to vent some, so here goes:

You need to change Burning Light so that it procs on any damage dealt, not just from damage dealt with Blazing Spear abilities. Either that or delete the passive and replace it with something that dos not shoe horn me into Mister MacStabhappy.

Puncturing strikes is a sub-par skill when faced with an enemy that has at least half a function brain cell.

It also suffers from lag, has erratic hitbox and a crap range. And since it's a channel, animation canceling with it and weaving light attacks, which are ever more important for decent DPS scores, is PITA when spamming jabs. ANd ot slows me down, which is a bad thing in the ever more faster and faster play meta dominating the game.

In short, I don't want to use it. But I have to, since such a large amount of my potential damage is locked behind Burning Light passive. Unless I go along with being a stab maniac, I get not benefit to my offense from my class.

So jabs it is. Every other option in the skill tree is pretty much pointless Javelin is the worst CC in the game and it knocks my foes out of my jab spam range for that extra special synergy that only Templars can provide. And there is no guarantees that its single hit will proc Burning Light, and unless it does it hits like a wet noodle.

Focused Charge is no better, the worst gap clsoer in the game to team up with the worst CC. Using Focused Charge is like playing Russian roulette, so no thanks. And even if you do use it, there are again no guarantees that landing a hit with it will proc burning light.

Sun shield is equally useless - it used to be an okay skill, with a different role from other shields, but the never ending nerfs have made it uselss. Well I suppose we can take pride for having the worst shield skill to go along with the worst CC and gap closer in the same skill tree for that ultimate combo of uselessness.

And whoever in their right mind would use the Blazing Spear ultimate over Dawnbreaker? The only reason you would, is if you do not have Dawnbreaker yet. But once you do get i, tthen you will forget the fact that the skill tree even has an ultimate ability. It is that bad. It never hits, has a *** range and once again, unless it procs Burning light, it will be embarassingly weak..

Spear Shards is the only other skill int the tree that is okay,. Sure it has that trademark inbuilt Templar slowness, with its ridiculous trajectory and endless flight time, but it still has it's uses. Thanks to ever present lag, and the wonky targetting system it uses, you will miss with it more often than not. But it does work wonders against a bunch of *** huddled around a ram trying to burst down a keep door.

But... Ir's magicka only, and thus Stamplars are just so much outta luck.

So yeah, change the passive already. Either make it proc on any damage or just get rid of it and add the extra damage directly to blazing spear skills. I just want to play something else than Mister Stab stab-stabbity-stab and still benefit from being a Templar.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least magplar can fully jump into "terrible sustain" together with stamplar. So all templars now have terrible sustain (as in 1st round of PTS).

Should we ask for some passive sustain for both specs instead of messing around with Focus even more? I dunno if every magplar DPS would like to depend on Focus to sustain, and our passives seem to have so much room for improvement.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pain points

Healing ritual cost too much for having such a small ranged instant heal. If a heal is gonna be that expensive it needs to do more than a 1 time instant heal. Thank god the cast time is gone but the skill really needs to be a HoT.

Radiant aura cost too much for what it does. The minor magicka steal can only occur once per second so having it attach to multiple targets is not much of an upgrade. Cost 3510 magicka and last 15 seconds. 15 × 300 = 4500. So if used on along enough fight you gain 1000 magicka. Its not worth using on trash mobs because most mobs are dead before you recover the cost of the skill. On long boss fight its not as cost effective as a Elemental drain. Ele drain is free to cast and lasts longer (21 seconds). 21 x 300= 6300 magicka. This skill and repentance needs to just be a passive. 10% on all recovery and if an enemy dies if your rune/ritual you recover x amount of mag/stam, depending on which 1 is your biggest pool.

passives are still a pain point. We have 3 passives that should just be part of the base skill.
    1.Enduring rays-adds 2 seconds onto a few weaker abilities (nova/sunfire/eclipse)
    2.restoring spirit- reduces cost of all abilities and ultimate by 4%
    3.light weaver- really small buffs to restoring aura, healing ritual and praticed incarnation.

These passives need to just be part of the base skill. Its not like vampires bane is cheaper or does anymore dps than other comparable abilities, yet it is specifically getting buffed by 2 passives in enduring rays and restoring spirit. You cant stack cost redution with food or armor sets. 4% cost reduction on a 3k skill means i saved a whopping 120 magicka. Templars need passives that they can stack with. This will allow more armor sets to be viable with them.

Javelin needs to pull enemies into templars. Obviously range is gonna have to be adjusted.

Blazing shield is still a pain point. Battle spirit effects it twice. You need to completely build around it.

If they want us to reduce the cost of skills that is fine, but it should be a greater number across the board. Restoring Spirit you realize effects out of class skills in much the way it does for classes like Sorcerer... Be careful what you wish for you might actually end up nerfing us in a way that you do not realize. Our skill costs are already generally high making this passive garbage for the most part but at least the out of class skills get the benefit. This is one area where they could probably improve us by raising Restoring spirit to a more respectable number.

Pretty sure the 5% from this passive, http://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Unholy_Knowledge, for sorcs works on all the skill you use, not the game to test but I seen to remember looking at the cost of force pulse on my magdk and my sorc and the sorc one was lower.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    SugaComa wrote: »

2. I know you are changing the dark flare and solar barrage, however i feel like these should both be range abilities. one with a cast time and applies defile/snare. while barrage is range and instant cast.

I feel dark flare should be as is , barrage should be like multiple versions of dark flare say 4 or 5 balls of fire each one doing progressively more damage both still with a cast time

Interresting thoughts, but then it would be like flmaes of oblivion...a bit.

I was thinking more a target lock it hits big magica damage it.misses it it creates a large pool of fire on the floor creating an area of damaging effects on players passing through
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Ok guys, i know the meeting already is in the past and we all are waiting to see, what is coming with the next PTS. Therefore i will post here once more, what was talked about at the meeting regarding templars.

Templars:

- Offensive skills are too awkward/impractical/just not very good. Solar Barrage cast time ruins flows of nice DPS rotation. Radiant Destruction execute is a DPS loss. Sweeps channel is long, doesn’t make some DPS rotations, hard to hit targets in PVP.
    - Poor stamina management. Makes tanking hard. Makes a long DPS rotation against bosses unsustainable.
    - Repentance needs actual corpses and an enemy not to repent them first. Causes arguments with allies in Teamspeak who gets to use the skill.
    - Rune Focus and more generally the “House.” Having to cast and recast an armor buff that doesn’t actually do anything exciting every 8 seconds is frustrating. “House” is too hard to manage because mechanics in PvP and PvE compel movement and healing nerfs make “stand your ground” unmanageable.
    - Radial Sweep ultimate. Both morphs. Just not very good. Range is too short, damage is too low, often misses, other non-class ultimates are better/more versatile.
    - Only class without a pro-active/preventative defense (no more blinding flashes, no reflect, no non-health scaling shields, etc.) has led to PvP archetype nobody like: the “Healbot” who holds block with sword and shield and hits Breath of Life
    - Templar CC is seen as lacking and no AoE root make tanking hard and slow class feel slower
    Shards not CCing still a sore spot
    Eclipse CCs enemies without CCing them; ability can sometimes feel worthless vs experienced players
    - There is a feeling that a lot of Templar passives are situational, restrictive, or weak.

I now want to hear if you agree with most of the points mentioned above. If not, please go ahead and state your two pain points as before. This may help me and the other reps to keep track of what is a problem in your point of view. We may see some changes with the next pts, so this also will help to distinguish between adressed pain points by the devs and the ones still in the game even after the changes.

#MakeJesusGreatAgain
    Beam. Jesus Beam.

Joking aside, yes, Radiant Destruction is a MAJOR DPS loss. It wasn't nerfed to the ground, it was nerfed to hell. It needs to return to its almost-former-glory status.

Dark Flare needs its casting time reduced or completely removed and made into a proper ranged spammable (like every other class has). Otherwise, it' is just another DPS loss.

Rune Focus's Major Ward & Major Resolve buffs need to apply and stick to your actual character, not the rune on the ground. Also, any allies that walk over or onto the rune should get the Major Ward/Resolve buff, as well. Warden's Frost Cloak for Major Ward/Resolve is already ranged AoE and OP, in comparison, and their buff lasts so much longer.

Radial Sweep animation still misses its target(s) 99% of the time. The skill is useless! It definitely needs a range/radius increase as well as some re-coding done to it to make the animation go off better and actually hit everything around you, and whatever it is you are actually targeting.
    Nova costs way too much ulti to use, and the synergy activation-range needs to be greatly expanded, as well.
    Remembrance/Practiced Incantation Ulti needs its healing-speed/animation sped up, and/or heal for more. (E.g. You should not be able to die so easily when using this Ulti ability, especially since you CC yourself via channeling and cannot move or deal damage!)

Blazing Shield does not last long enough for the little amount of damage that it blocks (compared to Spiked Bone Shield, MagSorc shields, etc!), especially since Blazing Shield was also nerfed to hell. Either reduce its cost to greatly reflected the nerfed shield, or return the shield back to its former glory of BlazePlar.

Don't even get me started on Eclipse. I never ever even both to use this ability. It needs to be thrown out and replaced with something else entirely. Or, remove the orb animation so players don't know that they are being CC'd by Eclipse, lol. That might work.

The Templar class skill line passives need a major update/overhaul to reflect the above suggested changes. I could go into more detail, but I'm not currently logged in to read and list each passive, and they have been discussed quite a bit in the Discord channels and elsewhere.

I could go on forever, but The House is dead. Mobility is Meta.

TL;DR:
    #MakeJesusBeamGreatAgain
    #MakeBlazingShieldGreatAgain
    #MakeBreathOfLifeGreatAgain
    #MakeBitingJabsGreatAgain
    #MakeRepentanceGreatAgain
    #MakeShardsGreatAgain
    #MakeTemplarGreatAgain

Everything @ZOS_Wrobel nerfed. Un-nerf it! It is almost as simple as that.
    Even if all of the #Nerfs were reverted, Templar would *maybe* be on par in current performance with other classes. The Templar 'class' has been a long-running ESO joke for far too long. Yet I still main it. :neutral:

The Dawn-Bringer, AD High Elf Magplar (Healer/DPS) & The Moonlit-Knight, EP Imperial Tankplar (Tank), have been my main 2 PvE & PvP characters since ESO launched 4 years & 3 months ago. However, they both pale in comparison to the DPS and Tankiness of Shield-stacking MagSorcs, such as The Dark-Mage, my EP Dark Elf MagSorc.

I miss my OPplar.

This man/female has experince with Templar. Fix all of those.

Yes. All of this. Please check it and test it. @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    I just want to play something else than Mister Stab stab-stabbity-stab and still benefit from being a Templar.

My comment isn't productive, but reading this after playing my Templar in PVP last night I realized that over the years I've slowly pulled almost all my class skills out of rotation - so I'm a Templar and I hardly use any Templar skills. We've been so reduced.

It made me sad.

Edited by anadandy on July 16, 2018 1:34PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite Templar skills are Scattershot Catapult and Meatbag Catapult
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many things I have to say about "Class" balance, as I have played all classes (Mag and Stam).

Generalities...
    *All classes should have access to a stam-based and mag-based 1. Gap closer 2. Execute within their respective skill lines.
    *Break free cost should be changed to % of Max Stamina Pool over Set Cost (This gives Magicka users a chance to defend, considering there is absolutely no consideration to making CC/Snare immunity work) and Snares should require break free, instead of dodge roll.

Now, Templar Specific...I have played both StamPlar and MagPlar so I will separate the two.

Magplar
    1.) Being forced to play light armor (PVP) due to sustain issues with heavy armor damage mitigation is pitiful.
    *Cleanse cannot keep up with the amount of Debuffs applied and cost to much to re-cast 4x in a row and Rune does not follow you (1/4th the duration of other class's Major Resolve/Ward.
    2.) Channels are killing survivability

Stamplar
    1.) Sustain!!! Heavy armor is not an option and Medium armor...you will die...
    2.) No Gap Closer, No Execute! Forced to play outside of Class Skill Lines
    *Choose Two Hand you slot your whole bar with Two Handed skills
    *Choose Dual Wield you lose gap closer and viable execute
    *Choose Sword and Shield and you lose execute and mostly forced to tank

Personal Suggestion!
    ***Rework Sun Shield to be exactly that! Base function is to obtain Major Resolve/Ward for full 24 seconds that follows you.
    Morph 1.) Does AOE damage (Similar to DragonKnight's Volatile Armor & Sorcerer's Hurricane)
    Morph 2.) Provides 8% damage reduction for X seconds

***Rework Restoring Aura to give Major Expedition
    Morph 1.) You gain Minor Fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect for X seconds
    Morph 2.) Retains the effects of Repentance and adds Magicka return based on higher Max Stat Pool

***Remove/Replace Rune Focus and Healing Ritual!!! We don't need 3 Heal abilities in one Tree anymore...
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    1. There is no way of gaining any sort of damage mitigation in the middle of combat. Nightblades have their shadow passive, Dragon Knights and Sorcerers have an AOE tied to their armor buff, and Wardens have self healing built into most of their abilities and get extra armor just for slotting ice abilities. The change to rune focus will not help this, because only tanks are going to use it in the first place. Empowering sweep's mitigation only lasts a few seconds and is tied to an ult, so it's very difficult to make use of it.

2. Templars have incredibly poor sustain all around, largely due to the fact that their abilities have to be spammed and cost so much.

One other thing that bugs me is the fact that Eclipse can be broken out of, giving the victim immunity to stuns basically for free while also disabling my only way to counterattack and cheaply heal mid-combat. Why can't people break out of Nightblade's mark, or gain CC immunity after rolling out of DK's claws?
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mataata wrote: »
    1. There is no way of gaining any sort of damage mitigation in the middle of combat. Nightblades have their shadow passive, Dragon Knights and Sorcerers have an AOE tied to their armor buff, and Wardens have self healing built into most of their abilities and get extra armor just for slotting ice abilities. The change to rune focus will not help this, because only tanks are going to use it in the first place. Empowering sweep's mitigation only lasts a few seconds and is tied to an ult, so it's very difficult to make use of it.

2. Templars have incredibly poor sustain all around, largely due to the fact that their abilities have to be spammed and cost so much.

One other thing that bugs me is the fact that Eclipse can be broken out of, giving the victim immunity to stuns basically for free while also disabling my only way to counterattack and cheaply heal mid-combat. Why can't people break out of Nightblade's mark, or gain CC immunity after rolling out of DK's claws?

There is rune focus that gives you the same buff all other classes have, the skill is bad when compared to nbs way of getting access to major resolve and warden but it's there also you can get access to minor protection depending on which morph you choose.

Because an unbreakable eclipse would be grossly op, if an enemy doesn't break my eclipse he's taking a lot of damage each gcd while i heal myself for 6k+ in pvp.
    Also they do not get cc immunity for free they still have to spend stamina on break free and seeing how eclipse is working atm they often waste stamina on a bash when trying to break free before they can actually break free, while they eat damage and heal you in the process.

Also people who dodge out of talons gain root immunity...
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what Zos has for a direction on this class magplar or stamplar but trying to level one to 50 is an absolute nightmare, its not a fun time at all..

I've leveled multiple nightblades and wardens, i have Sorcerers with no issues.. But Templars are just not working, at low levels the damage is horrible and the defensiveness is even worse..

It might be ok at high cp levels but to get there is like pulling teeth, i'm going to go and delete my two level 30 ones as they aren't worth bothering with.
    Edited by DanteYoda on July 18, 2018 6:57AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And whoever in their right mind would use the Blazing Spear ultimate over Dawnbreaker? The only reason you would, is if you do not have Dawnbreaker yet. But once you do get i, tthen you will forget the fact that the skill tree even has an ultimate ability. It is that bad. It never hits, has a *** range and once again, unless it procs Burning light, it will be embarassingly weak..

I don't have dawnbreaker yet on my stamplar, soo, what do I use? Yeh, the 2 handed ulti. Lol.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

False. I will vouch 100% this is BS and does not work as intended. I was just in a duel and was permanently snared the entire duel. Dodgeroll out, snare. Dodgeroll out, snare. Now I am out of stamina. Between this broken mechanic and CC/Immobilize immunity not working is pitiful, at best.
    Also, dueled same person 3 times with same results.
    Edited by Jabbs_Giggity on July 18, 2018 11:24PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

False. I will vouch 100% this is BS and does not work as intended. I was just in a duel and was permanently snared the entire duel. Dodgeroll out, snare. Dodgeroll out, snare. Now I am out of stamina. Between this broken mechanic and CC/Immobilize immunity not working is pitiful, at best.
    Also, dueled same person 3 times with same results.

Snare immunity =/= root immunity, i hope that's nothing new for you...
    If you want snare immunity/ removal then either run Forward Momentum, shuffle (if you wear medium armor) or mistform or you can purge but that's only a removal with no immunity afterwards and it's not guaranteed to purge dots.
    Edited by BohnT on July 19, 2018 12:11AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

I don't have dawnbreaker yet on my stamplar, soo, what do I use? Yeh, the 2 handed ulti. Lol.

Get grinding man
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Joy_Division and @Checkmath, just wondering if it's on your radar to ask the devs if they are aware of the Dark Flare > dodge interaction which may include a bug.

When casting Dark Flare if the target dodges at any time during the channel or the projectile travel, the attack will miss (even if the roll completes before the projectile fires lol). This greatly reduces the viability of an otherwise very nice skill.

Snipe however has a much smaller window where the projectile can be dodged. Essentially the roll has to start during the projectile travel. Snipe is super duper reliable in how it can be timed vs rollers. It's perfect IMO, I would love to see Dark Flare updated to match.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s right. Isn’t there a meeting today?
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think so yea
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Hey @Joy_Division and @Checkmath, just wondering if it's on your radar to ask the devs if they are aware of the Dark Flare > dodge interaction which may include a bug.

When casting Dark Flare if the target dodges at any time during the channel or the projectile travel, the attack will miss (even if the roll completes before the projectile fires lol). This greatly reduces the viability of an otherwise very nice skill.

Snipe however has a much smaller window where the projectile can be dodged. Essentially the roll has to start during the projectile travel. Snipe is super duper reliable in how it can be timed vs rollers. It's perfect IMO, I would love to see Dark Flare updated to match.

sry i couldnt check the forum the last two days, i will give that feedback to the devs asap.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrobel already gave everyone a sneakpeak into templar changes on the next pts patch in the last live stream. The changes are the following: execute damage bonus from radiant destruction increased from 400% to 480%, also rune focus gets its duration increased to 20 seconds and the costs will be reverted to the ones from life (resulting in 10 more regen ticks on the channeled focus morph). How do you feel about those coming changes?
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you feel about those coming changes?

I'm super happy with what Wrobel revealed on ESO Live. Beam is finally getting its balls back and Rune is a competitive-ish skill.

Templar still needs a lot of updates but we're forever at their mercy and we just have to take whatever bones they are willing to throw.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrobel already gave everyone a sneakpeak into templar changes on the next pts patch in the last live stream. The changes are the following: execute damage bonus from radiant destruction increased from 400% to 480%, also rune focus gets its duration increased to 20 seconds and the costs will be reverted to the ones from life (resulting in 10 more regen ticks on the channeled focus morph). How do you feel about those coming changes?

It's a step in the right direction for sure, but it wont be enough to equate the damage to nbs.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds great. I wonder what nerfs come with that
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've been complaining about this idiotic change to Eclipse since it released on PTS years ago. This skill is VASTLY inferior to DK-Flappy while simultaneously being vastly more difficult to utilize. I'm fine with it functioning as is, if it is an essentially free skill or returns ALL the magicka cost the moment someone breaks free of it. Eclipse is a fine example of what infuriates me about Templar: The devs want us to be clunky garbage and its obvious.

Despite the fact that the most common statement to the devs for a long time is regarding Templar CC and Sustain I really don't understand why they do everything but try to resolve this problem. The other issues (related) are bad passives and clunky abilities that do not synchronize well with one another. Playing other classes is a far more harmonious experience. Even people who love Templar (Mag or Stam or Tank) are fully aware of what I'm talking about. We love the animations and style of the class but the Devs seem to continually crap all over it. On the matter of the Devs taking a crap on the Templar class, Why is this class the one that NEEDS to be a Vampire the most to be functional while simultaneously also is thematically the least likely to become a Vampire? Why is this a thing? It has always been a problem with Templar and it really grates with me. Why are the monster skill lines so important? I really pray that some day instead of a Werewolf patch or a Vampire patch or joining a murderous death cult patch we could have something holy and pure and heroic to play for a change. I'm gonna stop here before I Expletive Dump this forum. /rant
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on July 21, 2018 9:39PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>