The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very sorry to hear the one morph of rune focus isn't working as expected.

For my stamplar, I use the other morph, restoring focus, and I am sooooooo happy it got changed in a (imo) usefull manner. <3

Why do I like the changes:
    1) Standing in my focus will grant a net of 8k spell and physical resistance, minor vitality as well as minor protection -> The full use may be niche, i.e. in PVP when defending keeps, or sieging ; in PVE just when fighting non-moving targets , but its not out-of-the-world-niche

2) 18 seconds of full major defence buff and the other minor buffs is finally a viable option in fast paced combat. This is giving my stam DD the option every class has to deal with defence by using skills instead of having to plan to use a set (bonus) or go 3 jewellerys in protective trait (golden jewellery, ofc) or use a monster-set/mundus combination in order to get "out of cheese".

In sum:
    Please don't touch restoring focus, its fine as it its atm ! Ok, unless you want to make the duration longer or/and the costs cheaper. o:)

I haven't finished testing, I haven#t even started yet, so there is definately more to come, but one thing really gives me headaches:

With the LA/HA attack radius beeing reduced to 8m there is literally no "follow up" mechanic for melees using javeline. I don't think, shuting out one role (DD melee) from class CC is working as intended.
    Edited by Elsterchen on July 10, 2018 1:47PM
  • deleted220701-004865
    I like the changes, but my top two pain points were still not addressed, sadly. 1. Snare immunity within the class so vamp mist isn't needed. 2. A good DPS ultimate for Magplar in PvP....Soul Assault is embarrassing, lol.
    Edited by deleted220701-004865 on July 10, 2018 2:23PM
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't use rune focus as a magplar and after a little thinking I don't think I will if it changes like hits.

Rune focus is quite similar to Balance now. Would still prefer balance since it has way more potential.
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like that they are attempting to address templar mobility, as well as damage on RD.

I will note that the reduction of the snare on sun fire, even if it's part of a global reduction on across the game skills, still represents a further nerfing of Temp CC, which was one of my pain points.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • LostSync
    LostSync
    One thing i hate about Radian Oppression is that u cannot light attack - dodge or block without interrupting it unlike with every other execute where u can do everything i mention. (Btw u only use 1 hand to cast radian so i don't understand why u can't use ur other hand to light attack)

Piercing javeling does poor dmg and cost alot compare to some other abilities like crushing shock that do more than it can do.
    Edited by LostSync on July 11, 2018 1:03PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lum1on wrote: »
    This post is all about magicka templars in PVE.

Everybody is complaining about skills that are aweful and presenting their ideas. I wanted to take a different approach and let everyone know which skills and passives are worth keeping as they are (with little changes, maybe...)

Skills (and passives) that are okay-ish in my opinion:
    • Spear shards (Aedric spear): A well differentiated skill for damage dealers and healers.
    • Piercing spear
    • Spear wall
    • Balanced warrior: Yeah, nice to have some passives for stamina and tanks as well, but... It just feels like Templar was the last one developed and the developers were thinking like "I don't think we have given any class a pure weapon damage and spell resistance buffs from passives without any kind of strings attached", and you did that. Like, why specifically weapon damage? Or, more importantly, why spell resistance?
    • Sun fire (Dawn's wrath): Vampire's bane doesn't really deal any more damage than Reflective light and that's the only complain I have about this skill. I also don't really understand the minor buff on this because basically everybody uses Inner light and/or potions.
    • Backlash: The only problem I have with this ability (I'm sorry, everyone...) is that it's way too cheap compared to what it gives. I understand and like the idea of Templars' skills deal damage and heal allies or themselves, but this skill is ridiculously good.
    • Enduring rays: I like the idea of the passive, but because most of the skills (Eclipse, Solar flare and Nova) are utter carbage, this passive is not that good. However, the passive is fine as it is right now, so that's why it's on this list.
    • Prism
    • Illuminate: Some might require a weapon damage boost as well. But that is already given from Nightblades. And because this is an MMORPG where people supposedly play together.
    • Restoring spirit
    • Rushed ceremony (Restoring light): I have no issues with this skill or its morphs, but I would make it full radius again because of all the nerfs to this skill and sustain, and introducing Warden (as well as making pretty much all the classes capable to be good healers)
    • Healing ritual: I like to think this as the real "oh sh*t!" heal because it's a full radius, instant heal to multiple allies. However, I don't really fully agree with the morphs (or the cost), but at least this is way better than what it used to be.
    • Cleansing ritual: Two good morphs for different situations (damage dealers vs. healers, PVE vs. PVP, ...)
    • Rune focus: Again, two good morphs for different situations (damage dealers and healers vs. tanks)
    • Mending
    • Sacred ground: Yes, it's only a minor buff but we also have Mending passive.
    • Master ritualist

Yes and regarding hasty prayer or w/e, that's actually useful on things like worldshaper, and also if you need to scoot faster and also do a BOL (now...lol) clutch on a few/several people. BOL nerfed so hard - I'm using hasty prayer and the return magicka morph instead of BOL, because if/when I use that, the person upon whom I use it is certainly below 75% health, so rather have 60% of the cost back, than less than half its heal. If I really need a clutch on a few people, hasty prayer is just more worth it.

It's working wonderfully for me, to be honest!

Also I'm slow because little Stam, and it's even nice on the first boss VAA. Allows me to move myself and others faster, and heal on my way. Especially as I play with AUS/OCE players whose ping can make them react more slowly.
    Edited by Mureel on July 11, 2018 1:42PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of the Run Focus change, they just need to adjust the sustain functionality. Templars have enough trouble with sustain as it is.

I'm really surprised there were no changes to the class passives since that was one of the main pain points we discussed with the class reps.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LostSync wrote: »
    One thing i hate about Radian Oppression is that u cannot light attack - dodge or block without interrupting it unlike with every other execute where u can do everything i mention. (Btw u only use 1 hand to cast radian so i don't understand why u can't use ur other hand to light attack)

Piercing javeling does poor dmg and cost alot compare to some other abilities like crushing shock that do more than it can do.

Jesus Beam has been a DPS-loss ever since the multiple nerfs placed upon it, several update patches ago.
    Jesus Beam is a channeled ability, meaning you are making yourself very vulnerable by using it since you cannot perform other attacks or actions while it is being channeled. Because of that trade-off; yes, it should be a high-damage ability. However, it is not one, because it has been nerfed multiple times. A player can do more damage via animation-cancelling light & heavy attacks and spamming other instant-cast abilities, like Force Shock/morphs from the Destro skill tree, among others.
    As of this current patch, Jesus Beam (both morphs, tbh) are a complete, total waste of an ability slot for Templars.

That should not be the case, especially for a class-specific ability. Every class has access to Force Shock, etc.
    There is nothing currently positively unique or special about Jesus Beam. Why make yourself vulnerable (unable to block/dodge, or perform other attacks/abilities/synergies, etc.) by channeling an ability that also does less overall DPS in the same amount of time in comparison to using spammable-abilities (instant-cast), weaving attacks, and animation-canceling? Templar is twice-cursed with this problem, because Dark Flare also has a very long casting time that, again, which kind of makes it very undesirable and useless.

It's more of a problem with ESO's combat system: weaving, animation-cancelling, etc.
    Channeled abilities should not only be equal and on-par with the above, but perform slightly better due to the fact that you are making yourself vulnerable by channeling them instead of insta-casting them in the first place.

I've been playing Templar for 4 years, since ESO PC-NA launch. Just saying.

And as for Rune Focus / Channeled Focus sustain nerf, ZOS should have increased the Magicka Regen buff/ticks by 50% or so while you are standing in the Rune, in the same way that you get the 2k more resistances by staying within the Rune.

Also, the Templar passive, Sacred Ground, "While standing in your own Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage areas of effect and for up to 4 seconds after leaving them you gain Minor Mending, increasing your healing done by 8%.
    Enemies standing in your Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus or Rite of Passage areas of effect have their Movement Speed reduced by 30%."

Rune Focus is a very tiny area/radius effect, especially in comparison to the other abilities listed/effected by this passive, so the 'movement speed reduction' from the Sacred Ground Passive that is applied to an enemy when they stand in your own Rune Focus in such a small area is basically useless because they'd already be in range to attack you, CC you, etc.

Instead, why not have Templar's Sacred Ground passive apply Minor or Major Maim or Minor or Major Defile to enemies that stand in your Rune Focus? Again, the Rune Focus ability effect covers a tiny area/radius, and the current Sacred Ground passive does nothing to bolster the Templar House intentional game design and play-style.
    What is the point of applying a 'movement speed reduction' debuff to an enemy when they are already in melee attack range of you and you and said enemy are both standing in your own Rune Focus. As a Templar, you want to stand in your Rune, to stand your ground (e.g. "The House"), ZOS's intentional design with the Templar class. But your enemy wants to get into Your House to kill you, essentially, lol. So make the House defend-able. Give it some counter-play to attackers who want to breech it. Enemies should get Major or Minor Maim, Defile, Fracture, Breech or something, anything else but lolmovementspeed) as a debuff for standing on/in an enemy Templar's Rune Focus.

TL;DR: ZOS needs to make The Templar House stronger and defensible if they are going to continue with this design.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the last iteration of Hasty Ritual, it was my primary heal skill, and now it's not even on my bar.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the focus changes would be fine... if there are some templar sustain buffs later in the cycle... there still could be.... I'll hold off getting mad until later in the cycle.

You like standing still to heal? now hasty ritual an instant huge (expensive) heal.

I think we have all been super clear with what the issues with Templars are Sustain and CC the current changes do not address those issues. (may even make them worse).

Go Fix them.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I think the focus changes would be fine... if there are some templar sustain buffs later in the cycle... there still could be.... I'll hold off getting mad until later in the cycle.

You like standing still to heal? now hasty ritual an instant huge (expensive) heal.

I think we have all been super clear with what the issues with Templars are Sustain and CC the current changes do not address those issues. (may even make them worse).

Go Fix them.

They will not fix anything. Most of their changes are not well calculated neither thought through. Dont be naive. Considering the last patch they in fact nerfed magicka sustain but somewhat indirectly increased Stamina Templar's magicka sustain by making the buff last longer so they dont need to spam it all over the place.

Nerf on solar barrage is crazy AF also. I never minded the cast time since the spell produced a decent aoe damage in PvP. Now the damage is not worthy slotting since you can do the same with any other spell and still get better utility. Radiant Buff is PvE based but not close to being enough for it to slot again. PvP radiant is a joke even though I sometimes use it.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedric Spear
    Empowering Sweep: still needs a damage buff so Magplars can choose this over Dawnbreaker or Soul Assault
    Spear Shards: still needs an AOE root on at least one morph
    Aurora Javelin: still needs to pull instead of knock back
    Sun Shield: still needs a magicka-scaling morph
    Burning Light: still needs a per-target cooldown
    Balanced Warrior: still not "balanced". Should give +2/4% damage done and +2/4% damage taken mitigation for both stamina and magicka to earn it's name

Dawn's Wrath
    Sun Fire: still needs to give a different buff (Major Sorcery, Minor Berserk, or Minor Force -- NOT Major Prophecy!) and increase duration by 1 sec to fit a full DPS rotation.
    Radiant Destruction: GREAT CHANGE! It'll go back on my bar now
    Solar Barrage: once again, ZOS screwed up what should've been a good thing (removing the cast time) by nerfing the holy bejeezus out of the ability. Like Healing Ritual, these cast time nerfs are waaaay disproportionate and leave us with trash abilities. Instead of a 40% damage nerf, show some intelligent moderation and give it a 20-30% nerf. This has potential to be an excellent ability if treated properly.

Restoring Light
    Breath of Life: still over-nerfed from last patch. The Sorc Twilight is a superior heal and there is absolutely no justification for BoL to be so over-nerfed. Honor the Dead should remain single-target and give a cost discount, while BoL should be redesigned to heal for 33% less, but always hit self and up to two allies.
    Rune Focus: either increase the magicka return to compensate for the shorter duration or lengthen the duration.

Also, add Major Expedition somewhere. It's about time for Templars to get a speed buff. Either put it on a Rune Focus morph or a new magicka-scaling Sun Shield morph... either way works fine.

All of these seem ok to me.

Also: The sustain nerf to channelled focus for magplars leaves me depressed. Constantly focused pvp group healer: my only choice to survive is to have enough sustain to continuously self heal while chugging immovable pots and praying break free will actually work in the server lag with my already high 360ms plus ping. This change stuffs even that clunky option up.

Seems like my 'choice' will be to switch to heavy reactive armour and use sustain poisons, regen enchants, and witchmothers. Pure cheese healbot.

Hate that zos is intent on forcing me to use this, rather than giving me more mobility in my light armour while letting me keep my (comparatively poor) current sustain.
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on July 12, 2018 2:45PM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar is twice-cursed with this problem, because Dark Flare also has a very long casting time that, again, which kind of makes it very undesirable and useless.

And now they've decreased the time of the defile on Dark Flare (as they did on everything) while leaving the arduous cast time. So it's double useless now.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold solar barrage be 8 seconds instead 6? More in line with the other skills. 6 just doesn't work.

Can Templars get some kind of immunity in it's kit. Or lacking this something for stamina sustain not from repentance?
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold solar barrage be 8 seconds instead 6? More in line with the other skills. 6 just doesn't work.

The Enduring Rays passive adds 2 seconds to Solar Barrage, bringing it up to 8. (At least it used to, and it still did the last time I checked. I'd check, but I'm using the other morph for PvP at the moment.)

Sun Fire, on the other hand, needs 1 second added to bring it up to 8 seconds.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Enduring Rays passive adds 2 seconds to Solar Barrage, bringing it up to 8. (At least it used to, and it still did the last time I checked. I'd check, but I'm using the other morph for PvP at the moment.)

Sun Fire, on the other hand, needs 1 second added to bring it up to 8 seconds.

Oh it is 8 seconds!!! Well DONT CHANGE IT! Well dang I use my plar I guess when I checked i didn't have points in the Ray passive. I will go check that THANKS!
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could maybe here's a crazy idea! Either we get a burst of mag at the end of our sustain skill similar to magBlades, or for every second in our tiny circle we get more sustain at the end. Or while standing in our tiny circle we get the amount increased or something...

Just touch magPlar sustain mag and Stam. And we will be in a neat spot in PvP.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pain points

Healing ritual cost too much for having such a small ranged instant heal. If a heal is gonna be that expensive it needs to do more than a 1 time instant heal. Thank god the cast time is gone but the skill really needs to be a HoT.

Radiant aura cost too much for what it does. The minor magicka steal can only occur once per second so having it attach to multiple targets is not much of an upgrade. Cost 3510 magicka and last 15 seconds. 15 × 300 = 4500. So if used on along enough fight you gain 1000 magicka. Its not worth using on trash mobs because most mobs are dead before you recover the cost of the skill. On long boss fight its not as cost effective as a Elemental drain. Ele drain is free to cast and lasts longer (21 seconds). 21 x 300= 6300 magicka. This skill and repentance needs to just be a passive. 10% on all recovery and if an enemy dies if your rune/ritual you recover x amount of mag/stam, depending on which 1 is your biggest pool.

passives are still a pain point. We have 3 passives that should just be part of the base skill.
    1.Enduring rays-adds 2 seconds onto a few weaker abilities (nova/sunfire/eclipse)
    2.restoring spirit- reduces cost of all abilities and ultimate by 4%
    3.light weaver- really small buffs to restoring aura, healing ritual and praticed incarnation.

These passives need to just be part of the base skill. Its not like vampires bane is cheaper or does anymore dps than other comparable abilities, yet it is specifically getting buffed by 2 passives in enduring rays and restoring spirit. You cant stack cost redution with food or armor sets. 4% cost reduction on a 3k skill means i saved a whopping 120 magicka. Templars need passives that they can stack with. This will allow more armor sets to be viable with them.

Javelin needs to pull enemies into templars. Obviously range is gonna have to be adjusted.

Blazing shield is still a pain point. Battle spirit effects it twice. You need to completely build around it.

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Blazing shield is still a pain point. Battle spirit effects it twice. You need to completely build around it.

Are you sure about this? I thought the damage explosion ignored Battle Spirit since the shield was already halved (cutting the damage portion in half necessarily).

I though they fixed that a long time ago with Sweeps, Radiant Glory etc... (all skills that do "x" based on "y" where "y" is already affected by BS)
  • VierulSquirrel
    1. Sustain as magic dps.
    Range magic dps- I'm all for a sweeping Templar like they used to be, however giving them some range morphs will be nice.
    You might be able to change the empowering sweep ultimate, let it place idk 4 spears on your characters back as an indication you are "empowered" thus granting the player the same 20% damage increase as dk standard.

2. I know you are changing the dark flare and solar barrage, however i feel like these should both be range abilities. one with a cast time and applies defile/snare. while barrage is range and instant cast.

p.s- please change the sun shield around, [Radiant Ward] it doesn't seem to get stranger with the more enemies hit, maybe it does on a PC add on, however on console it still looks like a small 30% shield on the health bar. when technically it can be an entire over-shield if you were to be fighting a bunch of enemies.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

Are you sure about this? I thought the damage explosion ignored Battle Spirit since the shield was already halved (cutting the damage portion in half necessarily).

I though they fixed that a long time ago with Sweeps, Radiant Glory etc... (all skills that do "x" based on "y" where "y" is already affected by BS)

Yeah im not. Busted. If your right nice catch.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. I know you are changing the dark flare and solar barrage, however i feel like these should both be range abilities. one with a cast time and applies defile/snare. while barrage is range and instant cast.

I feel dark flare should be as is , barrage should be like multiple versions of dark flare say 4 or 5 balls of fire each one doing progressively more damage both still with a cast time
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

I feel dark flare should be as is , barrage should be like multiple versions of dark flare say 4 or 5 balls of fire each one doing progressively more damage both still with a cast time

Interresting thoughts, but then it would be like flmaes of oblivion...a bit.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just having in mind that your next meeting will already take place in less then a week (and agrees are not taken into account in statistics):

1. Sustain is top priority main pain point and its of equal importance that templars shouldn't fight over sustain. The "rependence design", making templars fight each other over dead meat is not welcome. Buffing one side of a spell to let it do what every other class enjoys to justify a hit on sustain on the other side of templar play (rune-focus changes) is pretty evil as well. This sort of templar-only design choices have to go!

2. Some abilities need rework, or to be more precise, imo, a complete overhaul/scratch and rebuilded ability:

a)blinding javelline pushing targets out of melee range (including basic attacks like LA/HA as well as melee abilities) is limiting this abilities uses even more then before, making it even more of a joke of a damage dealing ability. On the other hand the 8m knock back is of little use as effective "exit"-strategy (make it 18m ... and we might be talking again... about its costs, CC and secondary effects B) )

b) focussed charge still unreliable to use, expensive and slow. Damage is only a secondary effect to charge abilities (which itself is fine, imo) BUT if damage is just the bonus, both morphs vary too little to justify both scaling of the same ressource. Rework one of the morphs into some more different damage, or rework one morph to a (usefull) stamina ability.

c) spear shards... first off: anyone using blazing spear over luminos spear ? Is this supposed to be a primarily damage or primarily sustain ability? IF this is a primarily damage ability, you need to buff damage. IF this is primarily a sustain ability, then it should be worth beeing called like that! Increase mag / stam return for caster and REGARDLESS of wether or not the synergy was activated. Last but not least: If both morphs happen to actually represent sustain ability, a stam morph is needed.

d) sun shield and morphs still do not compare to other abilities (class and guild) that offer similar base-features, cost less and have more usuable secondary effects.

e) Nova... despite trying to push this ability during the last patches, its still not present on the battlefield. Correct me if I am wrong, i am not 24/7 nor on all plattforms ... but I haven't seen this ability beeing used in month (literally). Imo, please have a look at it, yet, again.

f)enduring rays, this passives design is lackluster. Add the duration to the abilities (or don't) and rework this to something usefull. Its like a gap-filler that takes one skill point. :|

g) mending scratch the limitation to restoring light abilities from this passive and show at least with the passive healing abilities some love for stamplars.

Dear reps, I know some will hate me for it, but currently mages wrath as well as restoring light skills are focusing exclusively or heavily on magica templar builds. In general its time to open up templar for stamina, imo.

Edited by Elsterchen on July 14, 2018 10:27AM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    JinMori wrote: »
    Lake wrote: »
    For those not in the Discord:

rdsPhYp.png

1. CC's - Over 34% of replies said they want a better CC-kit than tehy currently have, after the removal of blazing spear stun
    2. Passives - 26% feel that their passives are weak and situational compared to others.

Sustain is a point for all classes, nobody liked morrowind nerfs, also dps is one a concern.

yes but templars, specifically stamplar/tanks/pvp magplars looking for stamina, have it harder. Hence it is the 3rd most important option.

This is the point isn't it. Templar's original design had it set as the most recovery oriented class. Most people don't know that because most people weren't in Beta. Templar sustain and mobility is the absolute worst in the game there is no debating that fact. In a game where sustain is bad for everyone, Templar is the cripple. This dovetails into Passives. Mobility as well is probably the other huge pain point. DK has mobility issues but frankly on my Dk I have found some sneaky ways to use my chain pull as a mobility skill and its wonderful, especially since you can make it free! On the matter of CC I agree they have ruined class cc. (They also have made the Templar reflect really bad too). I've said al these things and more. I had to throw in my here-here with @Minno though. I find the argument that 'but all classes have trouble with recovery' a bit nonsensical. Tell that to any other class really.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Rune Focus morphs are nice but magicka costs are overtuned imo. I think it is better if its secondary effects also get increased 50% while standing in it.

Empowering Sweep ulti should get a strong heal over time in addition to its dmg mitigation effects, to allow us to go fully offensive for its duration. Or its damage should be buffed tremendously.

And please let spear wall and burning light passives work universally, at least for class skills. I feel so pigeonholed to have a use for spear wall passive on back bar especially when empowering sweep sucks :/
    Edited by Soris on July 14, 2018 1:25PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pain points

Healing ritual cost too much for having such a small ranged instant heal. If a heal is gonna be that expensive it needs to do more than a 1 time instant heal. Thank god the cast time is gone but the skill really needs to be a HoT.

Radiant aura cost too much for what it does. The minor magicka steal can only occur once per second so having it attach to multiple targets is not much of an upgrade. Cost 3510 magicka and last 15 seconds. 15 × 300 = 4500. So if used on along enough fight you gain 1000 magicka. Its not worth using on trash mobs because most mobs are dead before you recover the cost of the skill. On long boss fight its not as cost effective as a Elemental drain. Ele drain is free to cast and lasts longer (21 seconds). 21 x 300= 6300 magicka. This skill and repentance needs to just be a passive. 10% on all recovery and if an enemy dies if your rune/ritual you recover x amount of mag/stam, depending on which 1 is your biggest pool.

passives are still a pain point. We have 3 passives that should just be part of the base skill.
    1.Enduring rays-adds 2 seconds onto a few weaker abilities (nova/sunfire/eclipse)
    3.light weaver- really small buffs to restoring aura, healing ritual and praticed incarnation.

These passives need to just be part of the base skill. Its not like vampires bane is cheaper or does anymore dps than other comparable abilities, yet it is specifically getting buffed by 2 passives in enduring rays and restoring spirit. You cant stack cost redution with food or armor sets. 4% cost reduction on a 3k skill means i saved a whopping 120 magicka. Templars need passives that they can stack with. This will allow more armor sets to be viable with them.

Javelin needs to pull enemies into templars. Obviously range is gonna have to be adjusted.

If they want us to reduce the cost of skills that is fine, but it should be a greater number across the board. Restoring Spirit you realize effects out of class skills in much the way it does for classes like Sorcerer... Be careful what you wish for you might actually end up nerfing us in a way that you do not realize. Our skill costs are already generally high making this passive garbage for the most part but at least the out of class skills get the benefit. This is one area where they could probably improve us by raising Restoring spirit to a more respectable number.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    New Rune Focus morphs are nice but magicka costs are overtuned imo. I think it is better if its secondary effects also get increased 50% while standing in it.

Empowering Sweep ulti should get a strong heal over time in addition to its dmg mitigation effects, to allow us to go fully offensive for its duration. Or its damage should be buffed tremendously.

And please let spear wall and burning light passives work universally, at least for class skills. I feel so pigeonholed to have a use for spear wall passive on back bar especially when empowering sweep sucks :/

Increases spell recovery by 10% while standing in rune?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pain points

If they want us to reduce the cost of skills that is fine, but it should be a greater number across the board. Restoring Spirit you realize effects out of class skills in much the way it does for classes like Sorcerer... Be careful what you wish for you might actually end up nerfing us in a way that you do not realize. Our skill costs are already generally high making this passive garbage for the most part but at least the out of class skills get the benefit. This is one area where they could probably improve us by raising Restoring spirit to a more respectable number.

Yep 4% is not much. Lets say an ultimate cost 200, 4% of that is 8. Yeah thats not much. Lets say a skill cost 3k, well 4% of that is 120. Again not much. Atleast recovery can stack with sets.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »

Increases spell recovery by 10% while standing in rune?

Yeah that also would do the job enough. For the other morph additional 4% vitality and protection would be usefull too.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]