Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The way you obtain Welkynar motif chapters is a terrible joke!

themaddaedra
themaddaedra
✭✭✭✭✭
Base Game

Welkynar Motif
The Welkynar Motif is now available from Cloudrest Trial. This Motif is proudly worn by the gryphon-riding Welkynar themselves, and now you can earn the right to wear and craft this armor too - if you can defeat Z'Maja.
  • You can earn Welkynar Style Motif Fragments by defeating Z'Maja; more are earned by defeating her on harder difficulties, and she will not drop any Fragments unless fought on Veteran mode, or on Normal mode with all of her Welkynar Shade allies. The amount of Fragments dropped is not randomized, but is based on the configuration of the final boss fight - the harder the fight, the more Motif Fragments you'll obtain.

mldk73hqv9ky.png
  • You can earn a Welkynar Binding once a week by completing the quest "Woe of the Welkynars", a quest in Cloudrest. By activating the Welkynar Binding (which consumes 10 Welkynar Style Motif Fragments), you will create a single random Welkynar Motif chapter, or very rarely, the full Book.
  • The Welkynar Style Item, Gryphon Plumes, are earned in the same manner: by defeating Z'Maja. You earn more on harder difficulties, and as with the Motif Fragments, you will not earn any if you defeat her on Normal mode without all of her allies with him.

Now if i'm reading this correctly, you will have to do lots of farming for 10 Welkynar motif fragments (10 nCR +3, 5 vCR, one vCR +1 and one vCR +2, or one vCR +3 -good luck- and such) which you will have to use with Welkynar Binding for a random chapter, and Welkynar Binding can be acquired once a week!

What kind of grind is that? Who from ZOS in their bright mind came up with this idea? Not even talking about new BG outfit styles those come from different BG modes! This truly got out of hand, i'm at this point saying goodbye to all collectible hunts and such, which i very strictly continued so far.
PC|EU
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't they learn their lesson with glass? Dividing up a motif even more is just stupid.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Set looks ugly, if its based on those dreadful overgrown pigeon mongrels anyways. And with that lvl of grind, I simply dont even want it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its basically glass, except that instead of running crafting writs, you have to run some of the game's hardest content.

Yes, making this a punishing grind is certain to turn out well - for ZOS when people eventually buy it from the Crown Store.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 9, 2018 9:41PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a PvPer I will never farm them.

Not looking forward to paying 1 mill gold per page
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet it will conveniently hit the crowns store at the same time
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Bet it will conveniently hit the crowns store at the same time

Lulz
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aw_crwn_motif_welkynar_1x1.jpg

Coming to Crown Store according to datamine
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    don't be so difficult, there is no fun in having your motif complete is 1 week.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When a player who only goal is pvp it is. I don’t have the time to spend 1 year farming this motif
  • timb16_ESO85
    timb16_ESO85
    ✭✭✭✭

don't be so difficult, there is no fun for most players to either do at least 140 trial runs (at a minimum), or just spend gold (no fun in that either). Having the chapters drop once per week is fine, having them drop once per 10 runs is just way too much.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

don't be so difficult, there is no fun for most players to either do at least 140 trial runs (at a minimum), or just spend gold (no fun in that either). Having the chapters drop once per week is fine, having them drop once per 10 runs is just way too much.

so basically zos looked at how awful upgrading jewelry is and how unhappy players are and instead of improvements to that decided... why don't we apply the same strategy to a new motif acquisition!

sigh.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    aw_crwn_motif_welkynar_1x1.jpg

Coming to Crown Store according to datamine

hahahahaahahahhaha
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Stop. If you don't want players to get it for free just stick it the damn store and be done with it. This sucks. I don't have the time or the energy to farm for this, I'm a carer and my game time is limited, this is just sucking all of the joy out of it. And I'm not going to pay out of my backside for it in the crown store either. I'd happily buy it from guild stores, but they are going to be such a PitA to farm, I can't see many appearing, and those that do will cost the earth. It looks stupid on that Khajiit too.

OK I guess I can live without it, but the heat is making me stroppy. *Chucks toys out of pram*.
    PC EU & NA
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean it feels like any other way would make more sense. They wanted to make it look like rewarding for endgame content but it basically rewards(!) endgame endless grind.

First BG styles, now this... They made it so you need to be a complete lifeless who is willing to spend endless hours in the game if you want to catch up with latest collectibles/trophies and such. And to be fair you prolly would still miss a lot even doing so.

Nuff said.
    PC|EU
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a big fan of this method. Glass wasn’t any fun or cheap to learn.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I love this. Everything in this game is way too easy to get in the first place. This will add some new dynamics to the guild stores, something that is desperately needed. So what if you can't instantly get the motif and you actually have to spend some time earning something. Also no one is forcing anyways to buy stuff through the crown store, so yes, I like this. The game needs more of this IMO.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget about 4th anniversary event next year. (If the game will be still alive ofc).
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean it feels like any other way would make more sense. They wanted to make it look like rewarding for endgame content but it basically rewards(!) endgame endless grind.

First BG styles, now this... They made it so you need to be a complete lifeless who is willing to spend endless hours in the game if you want to catch up with latest collectibles/trophies and such. And to be fair you prolly would still miss a lot even doing so.

Nuff said.

Or just have gold. I have piles and piles of gold collecting dust because there is honestly nothing to spend gold on in this game (I don't waste my time with housing).
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falliing further and further behind on keeping up with motifs
    This is going to be a huge grind. So many things I would like to do but all I do is farm.
    Farm for gold, farm for motifs, farm, farm and farm to farm
    Motifs Farming Online
    Its getting depressing
    Ive had it $40 per motif in the crown store too, not going to do that either
    This might just be the end of motifs for me
    Edited by Katahdin on July 9, 2018 11:34PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I love this. Everything in this game is way too easy to get in the first place. This will add some new dynamics to the guild stores, something that is desperately needed. So what if you can't instantly get the motif and you actually have to spend some time earning something. Also no one is forcing anyways to buy stuff through the crown store, so yes, I like this. The game needs more of this IMO.

They haven't done it like this to make the game more interesting, they've done it like this to ensure people are funneled into the crown store. Again.
    PC EU & NA
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

When a player who only goal is pvp it is. I don’t have the time to spend 1 year farming this motif

"I want to have literally everything, but only want to participate in one aspect of the game."

okay
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the motif, but no.
    Not paying crowns for it. And I can't do regular vet trials, because of my timezone and my internet connection. Not going to spend millions of gold making other people rich either.
    Just. No.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    As a PvPer I will never farm them.

Not looking forward to paying 1 mill gold per page

This, PvP'ers need a way ( other than buying ) to get these motifs
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just plain utterly stupid.

Wake up ZOS. This is just insulting us now.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up collecting furnishing recipes when they removed the skooma bubbler....

NOW

I give up collecting motifs...
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Base Game

Welkynar Motif
    The Welkynar Motif is now available from Cloudrest Trial. This Motif is proudly worn by the gryphon-riding Welkynar themselves, and now you can earn the right to wear and craft this armor too - if you can defeat Z'Maja.
    • You can earn Welkynar Style Motif Fragments by defeating Z'Maja; more are earned by defeating her on harder difficulties, and she will not drop any Fragments unless fought on Veteran mode, or on Normal mode with all of her Welkynar Shade allies. The amount of Fragments dropped is not randomized, but is based on the configuration of the final boss fight - the harder the fight, the more Motif Fragments you'll obtain.

mldk73hqv9ky.png
    • You can earn a Welkynar Binding once a week by completing the quest "Woe of the Welkynars", a quest in Cloudrest. By activating the Welkynar Binding (which consumes 10 Welkynar Style Motif Fragments), you will create a single random Welkynar Motif chapter, or very rarely, the full Book.
    • The Welkynar Style Item, Gryphon Plumes, are earned in the same manner: by defeating Z'Maja. You earn more on harder difficulties, and as with the Motif Fragments, you will not earn any if you defeat her on Normal mode without all of her allies with him.

Now if i'm reading this correctly, you will have to do lots of farming for 10 Welkynar motif fragments (10 nCR +3, 5 vCR, one vCR +1 and one vCR +2, or one vCR +3 -good luck- and such) which you will have to use with Welkynar Binding for a random chapter, and Welkynar Binding can be acquired once a week!

What kind of grind is that? Who from ZOS in their bright mind came up with this idea? Not even talking about new BG outfit styles those come from different BG modes! This truly got out of hand, i'm at this point saying goodbye to all collectible hunts and such, which i very strictly continued so far.

Probably the same dude that thought 80 gold mats to improve one jewelry was a good idea
    Edited by Yellow_Monolith on July 10, 2018 12:36AM
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Immediately thought of the glass motif grind. People didnt like that, And this is worse. Idk why they thought this would be a good idea. Its not.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What ever happened to just having one book that you can find? I don't mind collecting pages but they could at least bring back the variety and release motifs that are always dropped as the full book. Now we have another stupid "collect 10 scraps of a page of a motif"
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Times like these make me regret buying ESO

Its a fun good game
    whats nto fun is having everythign try and push me towards the crown store

you know what this reeks off?
    f2p
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grind is long and tedious. That's moderately annoying.

The truly annoying part is that it has been designed to be long and tedious in order to encourage crown store sales.

Now, I don't mind things in the crown store. What I dislike is when the crown store warps the appropriate level of grind too far in one direction in favor of sales and the blatant obviousness of it.